PDA

View Full Version : Commission rates

The Batfan
01-31-2006, 06:16 AM
Was just curious about what rates most sculptors charge for a commission for Like a Bust 1/4 scale or so then a full size statue/maquette 1/6th scale

thanks

candyrocket786
01-31-2006, 06:28 PM
Was just curious about what rates most sculptors charge for a commission for Like a Bust 1/4 scale or so then a full size statue/maquette 1/6th scale

thanks

....not suppose to talk about it. :)

The Batfan
01-31-2006, 07:14 PM
hmmm so its like a double secret probation kinda thing then??? LOL

Lay-Z-boy
01-31-2006, 07:28 PM
hmmm so its like a double secret probation kinda thing then??? LOL
I suggest you PM one of the folks that have already commisioned some work.
I'm sure they will let you know how much they had to pay.
( PM me when you find out :p )

leks
01-31-2006, 07:50 PM
....not suppose to talk about it. :)

Must have missed this, weird I vividly remember peeps asking this every other month, I wonder if these threads got deleted :laugh:

candyrocket786
01-31-2006, 07:51 PM
Must have missed this, weird I vividly remember peeps asking this every other month, I wonder if these threads got deleted :laugh:

... you know what I mean. We're not suppose to discuss actuals.

nbr3bagshotrow
01-31-2006, 07:53 PM
It's like asking in public how much someone makes. PM some of the painters on the forum with what you want and they will quote you an estimate.

The Batfan
01-31-2006, 11:31 PM
man this is about as hard to get info on as getting a smile out of Batman :) LOL
PS any sculptors that want to send me a PM and give me rates would work, I promise not to tell anyone LOL

Zurbaran1
01-31-2006, 11:59 PM

Peeps do ask every month and the response is always the same. Take it up in private with the sculptor(s).

Zurbaran1
02-01-2006, 12:01 AM
It's like asking in public how much someone makes. PM some of the painters on the forum with what you want and they will quote you an estimate.

The rates had better be low if he PMs some painters. Those boys can paint up a storm but most of them can't sculpt a lick. :)

The Batfan
02-01-2006, 12:12 AM
never knew rates would be so top secret, I owned a car stereo and a vinyl graphics/glass etching business and if people ask prices you just tell, wondering if I called KFC and asked for the 7 secret herbs and spices would it be this tuff LOL

Skulpturen
02-01-2006, 10:52 AM
Rates vary. Depends on the complexity of a sculpture plus on WHO is the sculptor :laugh:

If I remember right it's $ 200-400.- per inch.

DDura711
02-01-2006, 03:15 PM
never knew rates would be so top secret, I owned a car stereo and a vinyl graphics/glass etching business and if people ask prices you just tell, wondering if I called KFC and asked for the 7 secret herbs and spices would it be this tuff LOL
Well they are artist on here that WE go to offer work to them.
They aren't asking for it on here, but they all know showing off their skills is what gets them the requests. If you need more info PM me, I've dealth with a few of them myself and have always been happy.

Oh and it's 11 Herbs & Spices :D

The Batfan
02-01-2006, 08:09 PM
hmm is it really 11 been so long since I been there I switched to popeyes they have better thighs What can I say I am a thigh man LOL