PDA

View Full Version : Help with getting my money back

bigjohn550
01-31-2006, 06:32 PM
I need some help. I payed for an item a little over two months ago. Still have not recieved anything. It is now passed the 60 days to file a claim with paypal. I also payed with funds from my bank account rather than a credit card so I can't use that to get my money back. I vaugely remember someone posting a list of resources that can help get your money back but I can't find that post. Any help would be appreciated. And stay away from dfxr.designs on ebay, it looks like he just got a negative from a person having the same problem I am having. And I know he is online often because he is always on another forum.

thecallahan
01-31-2006, 06:54 PM
Here's the list of resources you'll need.

Cage or Sam Wilson.
A few pies for payment
The person's address
And a big 'ol baseball bat

On the serious side, don't know how to help man, always hate to hear ripped off stories :(

bigjohn550
01-31-2006, 07:20 PM
The guy lives in San Antonio, TX I believe. i do have some pies for payment.

Eye of Agamotto
01-31-2006, 07:27 PM
Hi Big john, here is the link to the thread I think that has some helpful tips to get your funds back or at least pressure the person who ripped you off. good luck.

http://66.98.242.87/~admin11/showthread.php?t=20299

Sam Wilson
01-31-2006, 07:32 PM
The guy lives in San Antonio, TX I believe. i do have some pies for payment.

sh$#, for you big J, no pies would be necessary, though appreciated. And I don't need a bat, but it helps for effect.

But for real, the exact same thing happened to me, unfortunately before the whole paypal thing (this was back in 97 or 98). I won an auciton, waited a couple of months, got ripped off, I had no recourse. To this day, I won't buy anything unless it is through paypal, and I watch that 30 day period like a hawk. If nothing happens in 30 days, I leave the appropriate feedback and set the wheels in motion. But that is a sucky lesson to learn the hard way, which I did. I totally feel your frustration brother.

bigjohn550
01-31-2006, 07:32 PM
Thats the one!! I appreciate it. :buttrock:

bigjohn550
01-31-2006, 07:34 PM
sh$#, for you big J, no pies would be necessary, though appreciated. And I don't need a bat, but it helps for effect.

But for real, the exact same thing happened to me, unfortunately before the whole paypal thing (this was back in 97 or 98). I won an auciton, waited a couple of months, got ripped off, I had no recourse. To this day, I won't buy anything unless it is through paypal, and I watch that 30 day period like a hawk. If nothing happens in 30 days, I leave the appropriate feedback and set the wheels in motion. But that is a sucky lesson to learn the hard way, which I did. I totally feel your frustration brother.
Eh, I would throw in some pies anyway. Yeah, this really pisses me off. I payed this guy $230 and now he is trying to walk away with it. :banghead:

Sam Wilson
01-31-2006, 07:35 PM
Eh, I would throw in some pies anyway. Yeah, this really pisses me off. I payed this guy $230 and now he is trying to walk away with it. :banghead:

yeah, I was out $200 also. It was on the DK 10th anniversery slipcase. I eventually got the book, but it sucked having to pay for it twice. I hope you get your money back, or at least some recourse. And I hope you find the item you were looking for again as well.

bigjohn550
01-31-2006, 07:40 PM
To be honest it was a fan made Star Wars Republic Commando helmet. He is the only one producing them right now. I wouldn't want to buy another one anyway though as it is pretty innacurate and would take some work to make it look right.

DDura711
02-01-2006, 01:43 AM
Man I don't want to hijack your thread but I got ripped off of $56 not to long ago, even talked to the guy on AOL messanger and he swore he would refund me.
So now all I need is some in South Jersey who wants to go make $50. :eplus2: