PDA

View Full Version : Crap & I thought Statues were expensive!

Deadpool
01-31-2006, 10:21 PM
I just finished purchasing a set of the Nike Air Jordans Defining Moments boxed set, pictured below for my twin brother. I got them for a measley $470.00 shipping included. :banghead: It seems that this is cheap for this specific set (it runs upwards of $550.00). Well I guess we all have our quirks, I like statues & he likes sneakers. I do not mind spending this type of money on my twin brother, especially since he just got settled in to a new place and is tight on money, but now to see how I can convince him to get me a bowen chrome SS bust or bowen FS green hulk when I get into my new place later in the year. :laugh:

daveyyojimbo
01-31-2006, 10:31 PM
WOW! That does seem crazy but as you've pointed out, statues aren't exactly cheap either. Does he actually wear them or does he have a display case?

Zurbaran1
01-31-2006, 10:32 PM
you're a good brother but the sneakers don't match. :)

daveyyojimbo
01-31-2006, 10:34 PM
HAH!! :laugh: :laugh: I didn't even notice that. Sad.

Justin
01-31-2006, 10:39 PM
that would look nice on display somewhere

Deadpool
01-31-2006, 10:40 PM

funny as always my good man, it is two pairs one black, one white... & as far as I know he will be wearing them....

Tony Coca
01-31-2006, 10:44 PM
I just finished purchasing a set of the Nike Air Jordans Defining Moments boxed set, pictured below for my twin brother. I got them for a measley $470.00 shipping included. :banghead: It seems that this is cheap for this specific set (it runs upwards of $550.00). Well I guess we all have our quirks, I like statues & he likes sneakers. I do not mind spending this type of money on my twin brother, especially since he just got settled in to a new place and is tight on money, but now to see how I can convince him to get me a bowen chrome SS bust or bowen FS green hulk when I get into my new place later in the year. :laugh:
My brother you are a fool.$500 for sneakers.Will they walk you to the store.

Deadpool
01-31-2006, 10:51 PM

:laugh: :laugh: shut up snitch!

Tattoo-S
01-31-2006, 10:56 PM
For $500.00 they better walk me across the country and back, while making my feet feel like I was walking in the clouds.........LOl :confused2

Deadpool
01-31-2006, 10:58 PM
Is not a bad investment seeing as to if he wanted to, he can turn around and sell em for $700.00 easy. The online shops have em for $900.00 & up...

Tattoo-S
01-31-2006, 10:59 PM
Is not a bad investment seeing as to if he wanted to, he can turn around and sell em for $700.00 easy. The online shops have em for $900.00 & up...
Wouldn't the profit go to you.....? You are a kind brother. Need a sister? LOL :laugh:

Zurbaran1
01-31-2006, 11:04 PM
:laugh: :laugh: shut up snitch!

They are well worth it if you can put them on and boot Coca's ass clear across the street. :D

Tattoo-S
01-31-2006, 11:07 PM
They are well worth it if you can put them on and boot Coca's ass clear across the street. :D
ROTFLMAO........ :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry T~ :rolleyes2

Avenger
01-31-2006, 11:07 PM
I didn't realize it had gotten that bad. He can't get across the street by himself. How sad. :laugh:

Deadpool
01-31-2006, 11:08 PM

:laugh: good stuff old man! :laugh:

Tony Coca
01-31-2006, 11:19 PM
yeah yeah your still a tool. :eplus2:

boondocksaint
01-31-2006, 11:21 PM
yeah yeah your still a tool. :eplus2:

which? a hoe? :eplus2:

Avenger
01-31-2006, 11:23 PM
which? a hoe? :eplus2:
No. That would mean he gets paid. Oh wait you said hoe. :eplus2:

My bad :laugh:

12brokEnBonEs
01-31-2006, 11:49 PM
i KNOW THIS IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS BUT THERE SEEMS TO BE A CRUCIAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WANTING TO WEAR $500+ KEDS AND WANTING TO OWN A PIECE OF ART. I DOUBT THAT YOU FOLKS WHO APPRECIATE STATUES OR PICTURES OR WHATEVER GO AROUND WEARING THEM. CONVERSELY, THE $500 TENNI SHOE WEARIN FOLKS ARE STRIVING TO MAKE THEMSELVES SOMEHOW MORE DESIREABLE OR GLORIFIED. IT'S A MIGHTY ODD THING NOT TOO UNLIKE A QUADRUPLE D BOOB JOB OR WEARING A GOLD ENCRUSTED ROLEX. THE BOY IS WHACK.

Deadpool
02-01-2006, 12:04 AM
i KNOW THIS IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS BUT THERE SEEMS TO BE A CRUCIAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WANTING TO WEAR $500+ KEDS AND WANTING TO OWN A PIECE OF ART. I DOUBT THAT YOU FOLKS WHO APPRECIATE STATUES OR PICTURES OR WHATEVER GO AROUND WEARING THEM. CONVERSELY, THE $500 TENNI SHOE WEARIN FOLKS ARE STRIVING TO MAKE THEMSELVES SOMEHOW MORE DESIREABLE OR GLORIFIED. IT'S A MIGHTY ODD THING NOT TOO UNLIKE A QUADRUPLE D BOOB JOB OR WEARING A GOLD ENCRUSTED ROLEX. THE BOY IS WHACK.

First off welcome to the forum, second he is indeed a huge Micheal Jordan Fan, so be it if he wants to wear them or not, why would the boy be whack simply because he is wearing something he likes. You are reading way too much into this and are making assumptions that couldnt be further from the truth. I am not in no way wealthy and never have been the one or two things I do own have come from my hard work and dedication, now if I decide to spend $500 or $10,000 on my brother who I know will appreciate what I am giving him, what the hell do you care. My brother as well as I can give three Flying ***** what you or anyone may think of what we wear. I dont know and dont care where you grew up, but he is in no way trying to make himself more desirable. Now that said no need to type in all caps noone on this forum is blind. I simply made a post of how expensive the sneakers were and you get all Dr. Phil on us. Please next time keep your ignorant commens to yourself. :mad:

Eye of Agamotto
02-01-2006, 12:34 AM
Oh my god deadpool, WHACK! Can you believe this person. talk about someone reading more into something that is'nt that at all and quite frankly the complete opposite! I have a brother and we are close, I would'nt hesitate to buy something for him, be it $.05 or $5mil, to see him happy and excited about it is worth every penny. I'm not always doing but I love hooking him up with whatever so I know how doing this for him your bro must make you feel, GREAT! I think it's awesome that you bought them, and that your brother got them, I hope he does'nt go and actually play b-ball with'em though, heh and the price really did'nt shock me, it's two pairs, $250 each pair, not bad at all!! Considering your not only getting TWO pairs of shoes but also the gesture of showing love towards your Bro, dude you got a GREAT deal there :buttrock:

bigjohn550
02-01-2006, 12:51 AM
Will they walk you to the store.
And then a happy ending. :D

Sam Wilson
02-01-2006, 01:01 AM
Oh my god deadpool, WHACK! Can you believe this person. talk about someone reading more into something that is'nt that at all and quite frankly the complete opposite! I have a brother and we are close, I would'nt hesitate to buy something for him, be it $.05 or $5mil, to see him happy and excited about it is worth every penny. I'm not always doing but I love hooking him up with whatever so I know how doing this for him your bro must make you feel, GREAT! I think it's awesome that you bought them, and that your brother got them, I hope he does'nt go and actually play b-ball with'em though, heh and the price really did'nt shock me, it's two pairs, $250 each pair, not bad at all!! Considering your not only getting TWO pairs of shoes but also the gesture of showing love towards your Bro, dude you got a GREAT deal there :buttrock:

Word. I got a best friend whom I would call my brother, and I've bought him sh$% I think is totally lame to me, but he's my best friend, so I bought it for him, and I would spend whatever. Do the same for a lot of people.

Like you said, everyone has their own "statue", whatever that is, more power to you...

Tattoo-S
02-01-2006, 01:07 AM
I am still up for adoption guys..........I wants lots of brothers.......Sam, your already considered here...........much love. :)

Sam Wilson
02-01-2006, 01:10 AM
I am still up for adoption guys..........I wants lots of brothers.......Sam, your already considered here...........much love. :)

watch you want tat? Besides cards and stuff? I got you. hmmm...

I'll think of something good. Liquor? Chocolates?

Comicboy
02-01-2006, 03:57 AM
Those black ones are badazz! I never got into the shiny leather, I liked the suede. I have 2 pairs of Retro 7's sitting in the boxes still. Some of the early Jordans I absolutely loved. The 6's and 7's were the most comfortable shoe I ever owned. Very cool of you! He'll love them.

Boerboel
02-01-2006, 06:44 AM

Thats way cool of you to do that for your bro. Where did you get them? Can you get them separatly or only in the set? The black ones are awesome. Who cares how much they cost, if they bring a bit of joy to your bro then they were worth it.

Boerboel
02-01-2006, 06:48 AM
Those black ones are badazz! I never got into the shiny leather, I liked the suede. I have 2 pairs of Retro 7's sitting in the boxes still. Some of the early Jordans I absolutely loved. The 6's and 7's were the most comfortable shoe I ever owned. Very cool of you! He'll love them.

You speak only the truth my friend. I wish I had a couple more pairs of some of the old school ones stashed in the closet. Other than the "mall legend" 7's of course. :laugh:

Avenger
02-01-2006, 09:36 AM
watch you want tat? Besides cards and stuff? I got you. hmmm...

I'll think of something good. Liquor? Chocolates?
Trying to woe her with chocolates and liquor? Get in line. :laugh:

Tattoo-S
02-01-2006, 10:03 AM
Trying to woe her with chocolates and liquor? Get in line. :laugh:

Now boys, there is plenty of me to share......

Chocolates can be fun, but liquor is more fun, especially when it is shared in the company of good friends and food......I'll bring the baked goods and you all take care of the rest.........hehehehehe :p

Avenger
02-01-2006, 10:09 AM
Now boys, there is plenty of me to share......

Chocolates can be fun, but liquor is more fun, especially when it is shared in the company of good friends and food......I'll bring the baked goods and you all take care of the rest.........hehehehehe :p
:laugh: Party at TattooS. :buttrock:

Tattoo-S
02-01-2006, 10:17 AM
:laugh: Party at TattooS. :buttrock:
Private Party first......I want you all to myself for a while before I have to share you and/or myself w/others......;) :confused2

Avenger
02-01-2006, 10:18 AM
Private Party first......I want you all to myself for a while before I have to share you and/or myself w/others......;) :confused2
No Wookie riight. :confused2 This will give them something to talk about. Oh the scandal. :laugh:

Tattoo-S
02-01-2006, 10:29 AM
No Wookie riight. :confused2 This will give them something to talk about. Oh the scandal. :laugh:
Have you suddenly become delusional?.......forgotten who we are. They don't need any more reason to talk about us.

Oh Yeah, and NO Wookie......love triangles turn me off...~ LOL :laugh: :rolleyes2

Deadpool
02-01-2006, 10:41 AM

Thanks good buddy, I knew it would take a fellow cubiche to realize how much a bro actually means to someone, especially a twin bro.

Tattoo-S
02-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Thanks good buddy, I knew it would take a fellow cubiche to realize how much a bro actually means to someone, especially a twin bro.
Most of us understand this. I have a friend who I consider a sister, and I would do all the same for her. Twins have the in-explainable bond that can sometimes be a double edged sword, but non the less brings a pair of siblings as close as they can be on an emotional and mental state of being. I commend you for your loyalties and liberties as a good brother, twin or otherwise. :)

Deadpool
02-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Thats way cool of you to do that for your bro. Where did you get them? Can you get them separatly or only in the set? The black ones are awesome. Who cares how much they cost, if they bring a bit of joy to your bro then they were worth it.

I think its just per set, check em out on the bay Jordan Defining Moments....

leks
02-01-2006, 10:47 AM
I think it's awesome that you bought them, and that your brother got them, I hope he does'nt go and actually play b-ball with'em though, heh and the price really did'nt shock me, it's two pairs, $250 each pair, not bad at all!! Considering your not only getting TWO pairs of shoes but also the gesture of showing love towards your Bro, dude you got a GREAT deal there :buttrock:

Exactly 2 pairs for 250 isnot that far out, brotherly love is great.

I got my brother all sorts of things 500euro videocard, xbox, 400euro mp3player, a vacation, in the process of collecting I got him a barbarian ap nude, kongzilla couple of cool female statue because I thought he might like it, lol.

Then again I am still waiting for him to gift me back in full, but I am patient :laugh:

Deadpool
02-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Most of us understand this. I have a friend who I consider a sister, and I would do all the same for her. Twins have the in-explainable bond that can sometimes be a double edged sword, but non the less brings a pair of siblings as close as they can be on an emotional and mental state of being. I commend you for your loyalties and liberties as a good brother, twin or otherwise. :)

Thank you all for seeing things from my POV, I was a bit limited when I said cubiche(cuban), so therfore I say thanks to ALL who agree w/ my POV. :laugh:, or better stated know what it feels like to do this for someone close to you.

furie
02-01-2006, 10:48 AM
I Am Also A Sneaker Addict...
Nice Purchase!

Tattoo-S
02-01-2006, 10:54 AM
I Am Also A Sneaker Addict...
Nice Purchase!
So now you will change your avatar to depict a monkey smoking a cigarette, while sitting inside a giant shoe.......can't wait to see it. LOL :laugh: :eplus2:

Eye of Agamotto
02-01-2006, 12:06 PM
Exactly 2 pairs for 250 isnot that far out, brotherly love is great.

I got my brother all sorts of things 500euro videocard, xbox, 400euro mp3player, a vacation, in the process of collecting I got him a barbarian ap nude, kongzilla couple of cool female statue because I thought he might like it, lol.

Then again I am still waiting for him to gift me back in full, but I am patient :laugh:

:laugh: that's funny! I sort of do expect something back, definitely. I don't know if this is okay and may be wrong but I will call him on something if I think he forgot about me. Like tickets to a football game I'll say something like, "and you did'nt get one for me" HEEHEEHEE!!!

Last year with my income tax refund I bought him a trip to New York with me to see the Yankees, his all time favorite team. I bought the flight, hotel stay 3 days, two tickets, upper deck first row down the third base line, treated him to dinner a couple of times amoung other things, if you've been to New York you know how expensive this could be but we had the best time and when were old and grey I won't remember what it cost anymore :laugh:

Collection King 13
02-01-2006, 12:10 PM
$470 for sneakers! Damn! I knew I shouldve got on that damn Modells line to buy the set for $300... That wouldve been a nice flip! :banghead:

Ish
02-01-2006, 12:13 PM
my shoe buying days are long gone. :)

Eye of Agamotto
02-01-2006, 12:16 PM

Mi hermano, my parents, just one generation before me, all they had was family when they came to "El Exilio". It's important to stay close, the **** could hit the fan and in my families history it has and fam is all we had.

Eye of Agamotto
02-01-2006, 12:18 PM
my shoe buying days are long gone. :)

So you walk around barefoot :laugh: Who needs shoes!!! :laugh:

Deadpool
02-01-2006, 12:19 PM
:laugh: that's funny! I sort of do expect something back, definitely. I don't know if this is okay and may be wrong but I will call him on something if I think he forgot about me. Like tickets to a football game I'll say something like, "and you did'nt get one for me" HEEHEEHEE!!!

Last year with my income tax refund I bought him a trip to New York with me to see the Yankees, his all time favorite team. I bought the flight, hotel stay 3 days, two tickets, upper deck first row down the third base line, treated him to dinner a couple of times amoung other things, if you've been to New York you know how expensive this could be but we had the best time and when were old and grey I won't remember what it cost anymore :laugh:

Funny my brother & I are also Die-Hard Yankee fans, when I just went to NY and proposed to my now Fiancee this past December, I got him an Authentic Pin stripe Yankees Jersey #23 Don thehitman Mattingly, which also ran me a pretty penny. Dammit I should be getting something very soon.. :laugh:

Colossus
02-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Hey I am an only child and wouldnt mind a pair of brothers could i join..... ps I wear size 13 :)

Eye of Agamotto
02-01-2006, 12:30 PM
:laugh: Defintely, I've seen those, we got my dad one when we went of Babe Ruth, they are super nice. DM was a badass during the Eighties. Click this link and put your speakers up:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=8676374

candyrocket786
02-01-2006, 04:40 PM
$500 for a pair of sneakers doesn't really surprise me.

My co-worker would wear her $400-500 high-heels to work.....and she had quite the shoe collection.

Primal
02-01-2006, 05:37 PM
What is the wedding off? I thought you were saving up money for it. And you're selling off ur Transformers collection but buying this???!???! Damn you. :laugh:

Deadpool
02-01-2006, 05:44 PM
What is the wedding off? I thought you were saving up money for it. And you're selling off ur Transformers collection but buying this???!???! Damn you. :laugh:

No not yet at least. :laugh: I just cant say no to my bro & I know the bastard knows it. :laugh: I do need the money though, but its different when you are making someone happier with that money.

leks
02-01-2006, 05:57 PM
... but we had the best time and when were old and grey I won't remember what it cost anymore :laugh:

Its all more than worth it definitely :thumbs2:, I'd trust you guys to make excellent bros

Shangrilien
02-01-2006, 10:15 PM
I like the way this topic turned out. Great to see there are still people who put love of our closest ones above all. My 3 best friends and I know each other for about 22 years (I'm 31). They're my brothers. Each of us has been the others best man. But actually, there's one of them who hates me : I offered him an Attakus statue of his favorite SW character and now he has the virus :eplus2:

Talking about Michael Jordan collectibles, has any statue ever been made ? (not mentionning the one next to Chicago Stadium). :p