PDA

View Full Version : Cap Scale???

Wayne Foundation
02-03-2006, 12:09 AM
Why is the new Captain America so ginormous??

I have almost all the Marvel Universe and Rogues Gallery series and this one just seems huge...as big as the Hulk! The new Thor is dwarfed beside it.

Anyone else notice this?

ftrez
02-03-2006, 12:26 AM
Why is the new Captain America so ginormous??

I have almost all the Marvel Universe and Rogues Gallery series and this one just seems huge...as big as the Hulk! The new Thor is dwarfed beside it.

Anyone else notice this?

Pics? I have the cap and was going to pick up the Thor. I assumed that Thor was a comparable size. Would love to see them side by side.

Wayne Foundation
02-04-2006, 01:31 AM
Here you go..........

Cap and Thor with Rhino and Moon Knight for comparison.

Not only is Cap too huge, but I think this Thor is a little small. Thoughts?

Daredevil
02-04-2006, 01:36 AM
Maybe its the preteen Thor!!

Croatoa
02-04-2006, 04:32 PM
I bought both Cap and Thor thinking they would be the same scale and planned to display them together. While both pieces look great by them selves, I am disappointed that they look awkward side by side

JadeGiant
02-04-2006, 06:54 PM
wow, that scale is way off :banghead:

ickwinzs
02-04-2006, 07:00 PM
the thor is from a different line of busts the marvel universe, but even for that line it is small

Wayne Foundation
02-04-2006, 09:05 PM
They are both from the Marvel Universe line. That's part of my bewilderment. Is DST going to a smaller scale starting with Thor?

I hope not!

carrillj
02-04-2006, 09:20 PM
This is the reason that I stopped collecting DST busts. The scale in their busts is way off. It happened with the Ultimate X-Men with the Nightcrawler bust, and also the Ultimate Avengers with Captain America bust being much larger than ultimate Thor. Just look at the latest Emma Frost. That bust is too big to be displayed with the other astonishing X-men busts. Diamond really needs to get it to together with bust scale.

On a positive note, the Thor bust looks much better in this thread than what I've seen in other pictures. :)

Primal
02-04-2006, 11:57 PM
DST has never had one universal scale for all of their Marvel busts.
Even within one "group" like the Ultimate busts some would be abnormally larger than others.

They're doing better though...their astonishing line is real nice...of course, the latest Emma bust is bigger than all of them excluding Colossus. :laugh: :banghead:

Tony Coca
02-05-2006, 12:22 AM
Ah stop crying its still a sweet Cap piece. :buttrock:

Twoguns-Crowley
02-05-2006, 01:16 AM
I think the Cap is great and for once size doesn't matter.