PDA

View Full Version : Hey, D Rod--Gonna carry CE's?

Pogo4321
02-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Is comicstatues going to carry the Collector's Edition sabers? Do you know what the msrp is going to be?

sith lord utinni!
02-03-2006, 01:40 PM
I would like to know all this too. I'm really interested in picking up most of the CE's if the price is right and if the quality is great.

wallacrj
02-08-2006, 09:58 AM
Is comicstatues going to carry the Collector's Edition sabers? Do you know what the msrp is going to be?

The msrp on this is $199. Hope that helps you out.

Shangrilien
02-08-2006, 05:47 PM
The msrp on this is $199. Hope that helps you out.That's MR's price on their site. Hopefully retailers will list it waaayyy less. Because, let's face it, $199 for a CE :rolleyes2

Grievous
02-08-2006, 05:51 PM
CE = Crap Edition

tripoli
02-08-2006, 09:06 PM
There has been a huge amount of grumbling about the price of the ce's on many other boards. The ce Qui Gon is a solid piece of resin with the metal sleeve and metal fittings for $ 199. When you compare that to what you get with an FX saber for $ 120, you realize just how highly these have been marked up. They are done in large runs which should not drive up the cost. They have to give a decent mark up for distributors, but again looking at what you get, its going to be a hard sell for them.
Nice that MR decided to let them handle this line while the rest is now by direct sale from MR.
I have a feeling the line will die over time unless they more appropriately price them down.

SolidLiquidFox
02-08-2006, 09:17 PM
These are selling right now for around $150-160 from a few retailers.

Meaning that you will probably be able to grab one on ebay for around $120. These being open ended just guarantees dumping at some point from some retailers.

Wooktroop
02-09-2006, 12:37 AM
these mrsp on these should be $99 imho

elwood49
02-09-2006, 01:02 AM
There has been a huge amount of grumbling about the price of the ce's on many other boards. The ce Qui Gon is a solid piece of resin with the metal sleeve and metal fittings for $ 199. When you compare that to what you get with an FX saber for $ 120, you realize just how highly these have been marked up. They are done in large runs which should not drive up the cost. They have to give a decent mark up for distributors, but again looking at what you get, its going to be a hard sell for them.
Nice that MR decided to let them handle this line while the rest is now by direct sale from MR.
I have a feeling the line will die over time unless they more appropriately price them down.

Yeah, I agree completely. I thought the MSRP would be $149-179, and they would go for around $100 on Ebay. They may still hit the $100 mark on Ebay, but I doubt it.

I picked up the Sidious LE recently for $200, so no one is going to pay near retail for these CE's when you can get Ep. III LE's for the same price.

Wooktroop
02-09-2006, 01:23 AM
yeah id take a fx version of anylightsaber for less over one of these any day

d rod
02-09-2006, 02:25 AM
actually, the profit here is all for the manufacturer, not distributor or retail store. don't know what to think about these. i also think it's going to be a dead line which will end up being given away. most retailers are only making a few bucks, if that and for that kind of investment, it's not really worth it.
i'll look into them a bit more next week and i'll post what i can find out.

Shangrilien
02-09-2006, 03:15 AM
Thanks d rod :)

Shangrilien
02-09-2006, 03:15 AM
What happened to Mike's post ?

lello999
02-09-2006, 06:05 AM
Yes, I heared the same hing from my dealer (here in Germany) as well. It seems all the profit to MR and only some bucks to the dealers. Well, we´ll see

Domenik

Mike
02-09-2006, 12:10 PM
What happened to Mike's post ?

I killed it :p I should try and stay out of these discussions about price.

I'm not here as an MR employee but as a fan so it isn't my place to talk about what it costs us to make things.