PDA

View Full Version : Question About Paypal

Ish
02-07-2006, 11:53 AM
I heard a while back that if you recieve payment for an item by credit card the buyer can recieve the item than stop payment(possible false claim of damage goods, ect..) than you're screwed no item and no money.

how can a seller protect himself from this situation? can he/she be protected at all?

any info will be apreciated. :)

galactus
02-07-2006, 01:51 PM
I heard a while back that if you recieve payment for an item by credit card the buyer can recieve the item than stop payment(possible false claim of damage goods, ect..) than you're screwed no item and no money.

how can a seller protect himself from this situation? can he/she be protected at all?

any info will be apreciated. :)

With paypal, as long as you can confirm that a package was delivered (NOT that the package had anything in it, just that SOMETHING was delivered), they will find in your (the sellers) favor. Spend $.50, add delivery confirmation to EVERYTHING you send out, and you should be fine.
For international shipping, use only EMS with the USPS. This way you can track the package and confirm it's delivery.
On a side note, I ALWAYS transfer any money in my paypal account to my regular bank account immediately. If there's nothing in your paypal account, they can't take anything.

Daywalker
02-07-2006, 03:32 PM
With paypal, as long as you can confirm that a package was delivered (NOT that the package had anything in it, just that SOMETHING was delivered), they will find in your (the sellers) favor. Spend $.50, add delivery confirmation to EVERYTHING you send out, and you should be fine.
For international shipping, use only EMS with the USPS. This way you can track the package and confirm it's delivery.
On a side note, I ALWAYS transfer any money in my paypal account to my regular bank account immediately. If there's nothing in your paypal account, they can't take anything.
not quit true - if u have a checking account linked to ur paypal account payal can actually overdraw ur checking and cause u all kinds of problems :banghead:

Ish
02-07-2006, 04:03 PM
so if the buyer "claims that is broken", but it was delivered than paypal will come after the seller? there's no way to protect yourself if the buyer tries to pull something?

kirthew
02-07-2006, 04:11 PM
so if the buyer "claims that is broken", but it was delivered than paypal will come after the seller? there's no way to protect yourself if the buyer tries to pull something?

If you delivered the item... and it broke in transit... you have completed your part of the deal... Paypal does not insure that you get your item in mint condition... it just insures that you do not get screwed over in getting the item... so if you put a delivery confirmation on package... and provide that to paypal... I dont see how they would find in the buyer's favor... I tell everyone to get insurance... if they dont get it... and it gets broke in the mail... then that is not my fault... I packed everything securely... It was unbroken when I put it in the box... and unbroken when I handed it to the USPS guy...

galactus
02-07-2006, 04:44 PM
not quit true - if u have a checking account linked to ur paypal account payal can actually overdraw ur checking and cause u all kinds of problems :banghead:

Not if you have a good bank. Your bank should NEVER allow that, and I would suggest closing your account with that bank if they ever did. Paypal is not authorized to withdraw money from any of your accounts without your authorization (in other words, without you actually sending money from the account).

Daywalker
02-07-2006, 05:22 PM
Not if you have a good bank. Your bank should NEVER allow that, and I would suggest closing your account with that bank if they ever did. Paypal is not authorized to withdraw money from any of your accounts without your authorization (in other words, without you actually sending money from the account).
i did - also stopped using paypal b/c of that