PDA

View Full Version : Jimi311's Invincible review

jimi311
02-09-2006, 04:20 PM
****SPOILER ALERT******

Don't read if you haven't read the new Invincible

I haven't had much time to read this week's batch of comics (there are a ton) but one of the first I always read when it comes out is Invincible.

It is one of the best books out right now. You can tell this is Kirkman's baby with the continuosly great stories.

Background - After revealing his true mission on Earth and nearly killing his son (invincible) Omni man left Earth. Since, Invincible has started college and has begun working for the government. An alien dressed as Science Dog has shown up and asked Mark to help him on his home planet. Mark leaves only to find his father (Omni Man) has adopted this new planet, and has a newly born son.

Issue 28

After being brought to his father's newly adopted planet and meeting his new brother Mark is confronted with a true Vultrumite (maybe spelled wrong) other than his father.

The issue is fast paced and focuses on the re-emerging relationship between Mark and Omni Man (his father). You can tell Kirkman is pushing to have Omni return to earth to protect it with the issue ending destruction of his newly adopted world.

Finally one of the things that may come into play big time is the realization mark has. He is pushed to his limits when trying to save his brother. The exhaustion he experiences is something he has never felt before. His father then explains that without pushing himself Mark's powers won't grow. I see this as a sign that Mark will begin training and gaining more strength and maybe new powers.

Hope you enjoyed my first comic review. Pick up The Walking Dead, Marvel Zombies and the new Ultimate X-men for more of Kirkman's work. He is up and coming and will be a huge name.

metalsquid
02-10-2006, 12:08 AM
After being brought to his father's newly adopted planet and meeting his new brother Mark is confronted with a true Vultruvian (maybe spelled wrong) other than his father.

Viltrumite :eplus2:

nice review. this is my favourite book right now. can't wait for it every month :buttrock: