PDA

View Full Version : "Joe Fridays" on Newsarama

Babytoxie
02-10-2006, 11:02 PM
I so look forwrd to these every week. Not to gain insight on what's happening at Marvel, but to experience Joe Quesada going on and on about absolutely nothing and defending his idiot decisions. This week's comments on Rawhide Kid are particularly confusing.

http://www.newsarama.com/JoeFridays/JoeFridays37.html

hungrydaddy
02-11-2006, 12:16 AM
I really enjoy these interviews. I have no issues with Joe Q, but he does say some things that just don't add up sometimes. But he also shares some things that are great and insightful. I think it is great that one of the big companies is so open.

And yes I realize it helps Marvel with free promotion, but it is not something he has any reason to be doing other than just a love for comics and it's fans. Even if some things he does don't make sense. I respect his passion and his effort.

RichBamf
02-11-2006, 01:03 PM
The best bit...

NRAMA: "trevorm82" - Does the "No more mutants" apply only to those who have already been born or does it mean that women will be giving birth to less babies with the X-gene?

Cue Joe Q, mentally panicking that everyone's gonna realise that he doesn't have a fricking clue, then verbally responding with stalling tactics.

He should've said, "ask bendis I don't know $h!T!" :laugh:

wktf
02-11-2006, 04:59 PM
Nothing on Thor, even though he was asked...

bat_collector
02-11-2006, 07:14 PM
So, when did rawhide kid become ***?

Jonah Hex could probably still take him. lol

MONSTER
02-11-2006, 07:37 PM

I don't know about that. Rawhide Kid would probably give it to him real good. :eplus2: :)

Babytoxie
02-11-2006, 08:36 PM

It happened when Marvel mistakenly figured he was a forgettable-enough character that could be altered in such a way that would get media attention, but hopefully wouldn't confuse many fans or bother a majority of the other comic readers who had never heard of him in the first place. Of course, there had been nothing in his prior appearances to suggest he was ***. JQ apparently seems to think that they did something revolutionary by making the Rawhide Kid ***, but the miniseries was full of cheap humor and stereotypes. If he's ***, then fine, but don't use it to make stupid jokes. Absolute crap from the house of ideas.

bat_collector
02-11-2006, 10:51 PM
It happened when Marvel mistakenly figured he was a forgettable-enough character that could be altered in such a way that would get media attention, but hopefully wouldn't confuse many fans or bother a majority of the other comic readers who had never heard of him in the first place. Of course, there had been nothing in his prior appearances to suggest he was ***. JQ apparently seems to think that they did something revolutionary by making the Rawhide Kid ***, but the miniseries was full of cheap humor and stereotypes. If he's ***, then fine, but don't use it to make stupid jokes. Absolute crap from the house of ideas.
You gotta love those Brokeback mountain references he used. :laugh:

Babytoxie
02-12-2006, 12:57 AM
You gotta love those Brokeback mountain references he used. :laugh:
As Sam says, "Meh"

Tony Coca
02-12-2006, 01:09 AM
Its that JQ is a Homo himself so since Northstar was being used in the Xmen he needed a new character to turn ***.

wktf
02-12-2006, 03:38 AM

Others have responded my two cents: this was a stupid marketing ploy to create shock value and sell comics. Whether a character's *** or not isn't the issue. Rawhide Kid never was. Quesada decided to make him a "dandy" and did the character wrong. Jack Kirby's probably spinning in his grave over this.

bat_collector
02-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Others have responded my two cents: this was a stupid marketing ploy to create shock value and sell comics. Whether a character's *** or not isn't the issue. Rawhide Kid never was. Quesada decided to make him a "dandy" and did the character wrong. Jack Kirby's probably spinning in his grave over this.
WKTf, are there any good Rawhide Kid tpbs out there? I would love to read this and compare it to Jonah Hex. The Showcase Jonah Hex is awesome, but I'm not sure marvel has done anything like that for this character.

Daredevil
02-12-2006, 12:13 PM
JQ is a turd ever since he became the EIC of Marvel.

bat_collector
02-12-2006, 12:36 PM
JQ is a turd ever since he became the EIC of Marvel.
General question:

When did JQ become EIC, and what qualifications did he use to get that position?

Daredevil
02-12-2006, 12:40 PM
First he and Jimmy P started Event Comics, then marvel invited them over to manage a newly started line called Marvel Knights that gives oldie but not so popular characters a new "lease on life". The success of Marvel Knights allowed JQ to be considered for the position of EIC once it became vacant.

Babytoxie
02-12-2006, 01:43 PM
WKTf, are there any good Rawhide Kid tpbs out there? I would love to read this and compare it to Jonah Hex. The Showcase Jonah Hex is awesome, but I'm not sure marvel has done anything like that for this character.

None devoted solely to the RK, but he is featured in John Ostrander's fairly recent Blaze of Glory and Apache Skies.

Happy to see you're getting into the western comics, BC.