PDA

View Full Version : Call of duty 2 on 360

Sgt Taz
02-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Great game, best launch titel imo.

The joy could have lasted forever in multiplayer on live. The (very) few times I did manage to play a decent multiplayer game, I was very exited about the whole thing. Gameplay, maps and layout, the feeling and the controls...pretty much everything. To bad something silly like LAG, abscense of a LOBBY and abscence of a PATCH ruines the WHOLE thing! Sure, they are making a patch...I'm sure it will be ready by the time GHOST RECON 3 and other top titels like OBLIVION are released in march. What's the point :banghead:

Oh well, another "could have been" most excellent multiplayer expirience down the drain :( At least we had the singleplayer expirience...

Just my 2 cents.

Miikael
02-12-2006, 10:34 PM
I believe the PC CoD2 community decided to take up hands and boycot the game due to poor multiplayer support. The only experience I have with this game is watching 10 year olds shooting their teammates on those demo-pods, I have very little hope for the upcoming generation with "m4d 5k1ll5" such as these. Sure did look purdy though.

kirthew
02-27-2006, 02:55 PM
I got this game this weekend... and was just playing Single Player and all I have to say is WOW... what a freaking awsome game... I hate first person shooters, but I downloaded the demo and then had to run out and purchase the game...

The greatest part is when my gf is sitting there watching me play telling me that I need to think of all the families I am ruining by killing their fathers... Poor Poor Hedi... is just going to have to grow up without her evil father... Muhahahhaaha

mitchanator
02-27-2006, 10:19 PM
i played both on pc and 360 and it's way better on the pc in my opinion

phrmcst
02-27-2006, 10:54 PM
I love this game. The single player really is a masterpiece although it is short.

Multiplayer is were the fun is really at if you can avoid the lag. I only play in the morning before work (7-8AM) and I am usually successful at avoiding the lag. If you try to play at night or the weekend the lag really kills the experience.
This was my first online multiplayer experience and it really has me salivating over what is to come.

outlikealight
03-01-2006, 08:50 PM

I don't know man. COD2 on my 57" TV in High Def with a rocking 5.1 surround system completely blows the computer away IMO. I have also had fabulous luck with multiplayer. A few laggy games here or there but I just ditch and get in another one. Only 360 game I'm playing right now.

Out

Sgt Taz
03-02-2006, 11:48 AM
I to have to disagree.

The patch that fixes the lag is FINISHED, they are just testing it now so we should expect it any day (I hope). It also includes lobby hosting with all the options you want. A little to late with ghost recon coming out next friday but after the hype I'll probably still pick up cod2 now and then.

Model Giants
03-02-2006, 02:46 PM
I know they are working on a patch right now! So, I believe it will get better down the road the game is beautiful. :buttrock:

Paul/Model Giants

kirthew
03-02-2006, 04:18 PM
I just know that I finished the British campaign and unlocked the American campaign now... Is there a German campaign by chance or am I done after American?

Sgt Taz
03-02-2006, 05:00 PM
I know they are working on a patch right now! So, I believe it will get better down the road the game is beautiful. :buttrock:

Paul/Model Giants :inquisiti

Sgt Taz
03-02-2006, 05:01 PM
I just know that I finished the British campaign and unlocked the American campaign now... Is there a German campaign by chance or am I done after American?
Done after American.

Model Giants
03-23-2006, 02:36 PM
Hey guys, Call of Duty 2 has just recieved a patch for the online issues for the x-box 360.
Time to do some kill'n

Paul/Model Giants

Sgt Taz
03-23-2006, 03:12 PM
Great game, best launch titel imo.

The joy could have lasted forever in multiplayer on live. The (very) few times I did manage to play a decent multiplayer game, I was very exited about the whole thing. Gameplay, maps and layout, the feeling and the controls...pretty much everything. To bad something silly like LAG, abscense of a LOBBY and abscence of a PATCH ruines the WHOLE thing! Sure, they are making a patch...I'm sure it will be ready by the time GHOST RECON 3 and other top titels like OBLIVION are released in march. What's the point :banghead:

Oh well, another "could have been" most excellent multiplayer expirience down the drain :( At least we had the singleplayer expirience...

Just my 2 cents.Just like I predicted, patch is out not before G.R.A.W. & Oblivion (wich I have both and find them excelent). Patch was needed the 1st of december...and 4 months later its here :buttrock:
Hmmm, shame, realy. I'll try to squeeze in some cod2 online play just because its so great but I will not sacrifice any oblivion or online graw time for it...well maybe graw time but not oblivion and since that takes up huge amounts of time...

kirthew
03-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Just like I predicted, patch is out not before G.R.A.W. & Oblivion (wich I have both and find them excelent). Patch was needed the 1st of december...and 4 months later its here :buttrock:
Hmmm, shame, realy. I'll try to squeeze in some cod2 online play just because its so great but I will not sacrifice any oblivion or online graw time for it...well maybe graw time but not oblivion and since that takes up huge amounts of time...

Yeah... All my free time is being taken up by Oblivion right now... Game is freaking awsome... I just wish I could figure out how to pick a lock...

Sgt Taz
03-24-2006, 09:37 AM
Yeah... All my free time is being taken up by Oblivion right now... Game is freaking awsome... I just wish I could figure out how to pick a lock...
Push "up" under each lock and press "A" at the right time ---> when the lock is all the way up. It needs a little getting used to. You will notice that every seperate lock has a different timing. (with lock I mean those thingies you push up) Hope this helps.

kirthew
03-24-2006, 01:10 PM
Push "up" under each lock and press "A" at the right time ---> when the lock is all the way up. It needs a little getting used to. You will notice that every seperate lock has a different timing. (with lock I mean those thingies you push up) Hope this helps.

I bet that is in the manual some where... :) (Which I never bother reading) I cannot dedicate hours and hours and hours to this game as the social unit of my life would like to watch regular tv on the HD... so I have only gotten to like level 3... and my skills are still at novice. But the game kicks ass... I just wiped out a Monestary of Necromancers last night that I found by complete accident outside Burma... sneaking around and then shooting them in the back with arrows... I am loving this game alot more than my whole 2 hours I spent playing Morrowind...

thecallahan
04-03-2006, 02:31 PM
This was a fun game. What sucked is it took so long to get to the American mission and that they were shorter than to others (felt like it to me at least). I say that because my favorite gun in that game is the M1 Garand. Great rate of fire and also accuracy.