PDA

View Full Version : GG is gonna own my wallet this year.

nexus
02-14-2006, 01:24 AM
Finally, GG is restoring my faith in this line.

After years of agonizingly paltry releases, they are finally turning on the spigot! In 2006 looks like there will be 9 bust coming down the pipeline:
1. Lando
2. Emperor
3. Clone troopers (three of 'em, but basically one sculpt)
4. Qui Gon -- When was he a hologram (or is it supposed to be a spirit)? Can't remember. Doubt I'll buy. Besides SW holograms don't look like jello molds, they look like crappy 3D, blue tinted b&w TV transmissions.
5. Mara Jade -- exclusive? Dang! Looks like I'll be paying tribute to the gods of flippingham.
6. Darth Maul
7. Greivous
8. Chewy
9. Royal Guard (rumored, no pix)

Not to mention 4 upcoming statues: Boba, Maul, Obi-Wan, Crimson Guard. I'd planned on foregoing GG statues because of the slow production, but have changed my mind. Plus the dio and animateds.

So I'm hoping this is a sign of things to come. Maybe, just maybe GG will start putting out 8-12 SW busts and 3-6 SW statues a year.

Here's what I'd like to see in '07:
Busts: Tie Pilot, Ep IV Emperor, Crimson Guard, Ep I Queen Amidala, Dark Anakin, Obi Wan Kenobi, Cloud City Lando, Mace Windu with lightsaber, Ep III Obi Wan, Aayla Secura, Farmboy Luke with saber, bun hair Leia, Slave Leia, Shaak Ti
Statues: Slave Leia, Han Solo, Ep. IV Luke, Storm Trooper, R2D2

GG could give SS a run for the money.

:buttrock:

Gir
02-14-2006, 01:42 AM
I am buying the following...Emperor bust, Darth Maul bust, and Clone Trooper busts (2). I may also pick up that Leia/R2 animated maquette because it looks like an amazing piece.

darthrobbler
02-14-2006, 01:45 AM
I will be getting them all...god they are going to own my soul...wait SW already does...

Darth Bob
02-14-2006, 02:00 AM
I'll be getting the Maul bust, the Maul statue, the Royal Guard statue and maybe also the Boba Statue.

The face sculpt of the Maul statue is great but the face sculpt of the bust is even better. I think you can't expect a better Maul likeness in that small scale.

Actually, I think the likeness looks almost better than that of the Sideshow lifesize Maul bust. But since I'm gonna get that one, too, I'll see if this bold theory proves right. :laugh:

RodLonghi
02-14-2006, 02:04 AM
Well, I'm also screwed. Will get:

- Scout Trooper on bike (few weeks)
- Luke on Taun Taun
- Rancor

Statues:

- Neo
- Maul
- Boba

Grievous
02-14-2006, 02:14 AM
You think you have it tough? I'm a GG completist! (minus holiday crap and bust-up crap!)

MrYac
02-14-2006, 02:16 AM
yeah Gentle Giant has some of my favorite stuff from toy fair. the Clone Wars maquettes obviously at the top for me, but the rancor looks awesome, not to mention clash of the titans stuff:D

SolidLiquidFox
02-14-2006, 02:44 AM
This is when budgeting becomes your ally. I have passed on all GG busts for the reason that I exclusively collect only the Clone Wars maquettes. Now you can add the OT maquettes to that list. Otherwise I would be stuck with a whole bunch of busts and busts-ups and forced to spend lots of cash to complete the line.

Only non-maquette I have on order is the international Maul and then the Obi in trooper outfit.

sith lord utinni!
02-14-2006, 03:16 AM
Yep, I plan on sending GG all my credit card numbers!!!! I'm pretty much getting everything they showed. I don't however get the bust-ups and I'm not getting the crappy holographic qui-gon bust. GG really blew my mind this year at toyfair, just some spectacular stuff!! :buttrock:

joy_division
02-14-2006, 12:44 PM
I got:

Luke on Tauntaun
International Maul
fett Statue
Palpaltine bust
Lando
Clone Troopers
Qui Gon
Animated Maquettes
Royal guard statue
all the bust ups
chewie
Mara Jade
Grievous

Obi-Wan Clone trooper Statue :bawling:

on the bright side, I just won a gree bust up :buttrock:

Ish
02-14-2006, 12:49 PM
GG is kicking ass, that ot animated staues are just too good to pass, and the busts, i only see myself passing on lando, and the statues and dios, it's crazy.:buttrock:

http://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/X-Men/divers/Cable_2.gif

BobaFett02
02-14-2006, 01:31 PM
I would love to complete the bounty hunter line up.

4 lom
zukass
Dengar

Apart from them...

Tiepilot
Jawas!
Aurra Sing
luke and han in hoth gear
Lea Slave
Lea Standard with buns on her head
Obi wan! (Alex Guinness!)
Luke Jedi
Tusken Raider
Bib Fortuna
Cantina Members! the whole band!
Red guard!
Wedge and bigs combo set
And to top it off.... Yak Face....

In fact... all of them

Wooktroop
02-14-2006, 01:32 PM
im so glad i shifted my focus to just OT items
i would ahve run out of room and money

kirthew
02-14-2006, 01:39 PM
I was going to say that I am feeling like jumping on board again... but I think it is too little too late... With their huge edition sizes and slow production.. I really think that my wallet is safe from GG...

Primal
02-14-2006, 01:52 PM
Must get...

Lando :banghead:
Emperor :banghead:
Maul :banghead:
Grievous :banghead:
Mara Jade...possibly

Sam Wilson
02-14-2006, 03:37 PM
hmm, I'm definately getting all the OT maquettes, and the maul bust and chewie bust. Got the Taun Taun on order. That may be it,

But hot DAYMN those maquettes are smoking. DAYMN.

Achiever
02-14-2006, 04:11 PM
Those OT maquettes are sweet looking (Boba Fett is a fer sure). Leia and R2 look great. Why does GG have to go and start a whole 'nuther line to make me buy?!?!? Those sumbiches. Looks like I'm writing a blank check to GG this year... :banghead:

darthrobbler
02-14-2006, 05:00 PM
You think you have it tough? I'm a GG completist! (minus holiday crap and bust-up crap!)I feel your pain there...

darthrobbler
02-14-2006, 05:01 PM
im so glad i shifted my focus to just OT items
i would ahve run out of room and money
I am slowly going over to this way of collecting. Slowly...

Ish
02-14-2006, 05:04 PM
Must get...

Lando :
Emperor
Maul
Grievous
Mara Jade...possibly
you forgot laid. :laugh:

Sam Wilson
02-14-2006, 05:06 PM
you forgot laid. :laugh:

He's good with that, he has second dibs on your mom when I'm done with her... :confused2

Ish
02-14-2006, 05:19 PM
He's good with that, he has second dibs on your mom when I'm done with her...
i guess, since i ofered him your's(mom) and he said she was too ugly and her breath smelled like crack. :eplus2: :laugh:

btw she's smoking alot, but don't worry i got it covered, i'm pimping her and she's producing enough. :eplus2:

Hellboy
02-15-2006, 12:11 AM
I'll continue to collect the Mini-Busts, Maquettes and Diorama pieces but I'm done with GG's statues. I'm not impressed with the pics I've seen of Maul lately and the new Royal Guard with his wind blown robe doesn't do it for me. I'll just stick with Attakus and Sideshow as far as statues are concered since they have plenty of quality releases coming out. So GG will still be getting plenty of my hard earned $$$ just not all of it. :)