PDA

View Full Version : Crap

kirthew
02-16-2006, 04:40 PM
My mom a year ago packed up all my stuff that was in her storage unit and sent it to me... 21 boxes 735.00 in freight costs... We went through all these boxes we really weeded out a bunch of stuff... but now I have a couple boxes full of Magic Cards and a couple boxes full of Baseball/Basketball/Football cards...

I have not played Magic for almost 8 to 10 years... I dont know what is valuable, what is crap, what is what... Do I just throw it all up on ebay? Or do I go to a shop that hopefully will not screw me over... Along the same lines of the Sports cards... Do I just throw them in the trash... taking out all the named players... or do I keep them or what... I am to the point in my life where I want less crap... I want to minimalize my life some what... and these two items are something I wish to take care of...

Any suggestions?

Daredevil
02-16-2006, 04:44 PM
Ebay them after looking up how much its worth as a set

carrillj
02-16-2006, 04:49 PM
My mom a year ago packed up all my stuff that was in her storage unit and sent it to me... 21 boxes 735.00 in freight costs... We went through all these boxes we really weeded out a bunch of stuff... but now I have a couple boxes full of Magic Cards and a couple boxes full of Baseball/Basketball/Football cards...

I have not played Magic for almost 8 to 10 years... I dont know what is valuable, what is crap, what is what... Do I just throw it all up on ebay? Or do I go to a shop that hopefully will not screw me over... Along the same lines of the Sports cards... Do I just throw them in the trash... taking out all the named players... or do I keep them or what... I am to the point in my life where I want less crap... I want to minimalize my life some what... and these two items are something I wish to take care of...

Any suggestions?

It sounds like you need to throw them all up on Ebay and sell it as 1 large lot. That will at least ease the frustration of having to sort everything out.

I'm in a simiar situation with a load of 80's GI Joe figures. I have a couple of hundred figures complete with weapons, but since I stopped collecting years ago, I forgot what accessories go with each figure. I don't have time to sort through them, so I'm just thinking about selling them as is and provide as much pictures as possible.

JadeGiant
02-16-2006, 04:57 PM
to the Bay with them

Daywalker
02-16-2006, 05:13 PM
check ur pms

Collection King 13
02-16-2006, 05:15 PM
Sperate them and sell lots on eBay... A lot of Baseball cards, Magic Cards, etc.

carrillj
02-16-2006, 05:17 PM
Sperate them and sell lots on eBay... A lot of Baseball cards, Magic Cards, etc.

Yes, of course, that's what I meant. I forgot that there were more than just Magic cards in the lot.

Colossus
02-16-2006, 05:21 PM
Do you know what set you play up untill? and from?

Daywalker
02-16-2006, 05:25 PM
i played from legends until the urzas block......o wait u meant him :eplus2:

Collection King 13
02-16-2006, 05:26 PM
Yes, of course, that's what I meant. I forgot that there were more than just Magic cards in the lot.
:laugh: I didnt read all the posts... I just answered the question...

CKinSD
02-16-2006, 05:27 PM
kirthew if those magic cards are alpha you have some good money there for sure. I just sold three alpha magic cards at $100 each to a local magic player.

sports cards put up on the bay and the magic as well. it will sell

Juggernaut
02-16-2006, 06:40 PM
I collected the Star Wars cards the game.

Then I stop collecting them and put them in the basement. A couple of month ago I took them up from the basement, because I wanted to sell them.

I asked this guy in a store that sells alls these card games and he said they are no longer being released and has no value anymore.

I remember when it was popular to collect these cards, the Darth Vader card went for quite a high price, I dont have that card in my collection though.

Daredevil
02-16-2006, 06:41 PM
I collected the Star Wars cards the game.

Then I stop collecting them and put them in the basement. A couple of month ago I took them up from the basement, because I wanted to sell them.

I asked this guy in a store that sells alls these card games and he said they are no longer being released and has no value anymore.

I remember when it was popular to collect these cards, the Darth Vader card went for quite a high price, I dont have that card in my collection though.

ebay them!!

Juggernaut
02-16-2006, 06:46 PM
Thanks.

I actualy never considered that.

kirthew
02-16-2006, 06:54 PM

3rd edition thru 7th
Ice Age through Urza's crap

Have about 3000 cards... excluding the land... have about 500 to 1000 land...

And Daywalker... thanks.. I sent ya a PM back...

Teague
02-16-2006, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I have a ton of cards, too. Some are alphas, I think, but honestly, I don't have the energy to figure out how much they're worth. There's only one card I remember having--Serra Angel--and I only remember that because a friend of mine wanted me to give it to him. (Since I was playing at the time, I declined...)

Anyway, these have been sitting in my trunk for over a year now. I should probably put them up on eBay and see what I can get for them, too.

kirthew
02-16-2006, 06:59 PM
Might not be able to appricate my humor :) So deleted my entire post... to those that read and were offended... sorry...