PDA

View Full Version : You know that old saying about liquor and beer?

thecallahan
02-17-2006, 02:06 PM
Well, I could never remember how it goes. After last night, I'm pretty sure I'm never, ever going to forget the rhyme. Liquor before beer, never fear. Beer before liquor never been sicker.

Went to a happy hour and had 2 corona's then figured I'd get a shot of jaeger. It spiraled out of control after that. Had a few more beers, a green shot (bartenders choice). Some other mixed drink I chugged. Three shots of tequila then a beer to finish things. I know that might not seem like a lot to you alcoholics (Dura) but man, I haven't drunk that much in a long time.

Needless to say, I took the subway back to my car then I layed in my car for about 45 minutes and felt the need to empy my stomach. I left a gift outside my door for someone else. I was reasonably sober for the 5 minute drive home and promptly went to bed. I woke up to my roomie sounding like he's hacking up a lung at the bathroom sink. Head pounding I stumble out and manage to take some tylenol. Wake up about an hour later and visited to the toilet to finish what I started at the metro parking lot.

Needless to say, I just got into work :laugh: . Thank god it's Friday!!!

Collection King 13
02-17-2006, 02:10 PM
:laugh: the only reason you got sick is because you mixed too many different things... If you wouldve stuck to Tequilla and beer or Yager and beer you wouldve been fine...

thecallahan
02-17-2006, 02:17 PM
There's no way I would've turned down free booze!!....Well, maybe after last night I will start saying no. :D

Tony Coca
02-17-2006, 02:20 PM
:eplus2: :eplus2: Rookie :eplus2: :eplus2:

JadeGiant
02-17-2006, 02:20 PM
man, I am glad those days are the long-gone past for me ... I hated that morning after feeling!

Your story reminded me of a long night with a few buddies. We got one of our friends bombed for his birthday and he got sicker than a dog. Middle of winter and we went ot get our cars when he bent over and started puking like I have never seen before or since. He melted a huge hole through over a foot deep of solid ice/snow .... Then we discovered our cars had frozen over and we couldn't get the car keys in the lock so we, in our drunk brilliance, decided to piss on the car door hadle to warm it up - well, piss freezes pretty quick ... what a night ....

Boerboel
02-17-2006, 02:34 PM
man, I am glad those days are the long-gone past for me ... I hated that morning after feeling!

Your story reminded me of a long night with a few buddies. We got one of our friends bombed for his birthday and he got sicker than a dog. Middle of winter and we went ot get our cars when he bent over and started puking like I have never seen before or since. He melted a huge hole through over a foot deep of solid ice/snow .... Then we discovered our cars had frozen over and we couldn't get the car keys in the lock so we, in our drunk brilliance, decided to piss on the car door hadle to warm it up - well, piss freezes pretty quick ... what a night ....

:laugh: :laugh: Piss on your own car...thats great! :laugh:

JadeGiant
02-17-2006, 02:37 PM
:laugh: :laugh: Piss on your own car...thats great! :laugh:

It seemed like a good idea at the time :laugh:

Boerboel
02-17-2006, 02:38 PM
Well, I could never remember how it goes. After last night, I'm pretty sure I'm never, ever going to forget the rhyme. Liquor before beer, never fear. Beer before liquor never been sicker.

Went to a happy hour and had 2 corona's then figured I'd get a shot of jaeger. It spiraled out of control after that. Had a few more beers, a green shot (bartenders choice). Some other mixed drink I chugged. Three shots of tequila then a beer to finish things. I know that might not seem like a lot to you alcoholics (Dura) but man, I haven't drunk that much in a long time.

Needless to say, I took the subway back to my car then I layed in my car for about 45 minutes and felt the need to empy my stomach. I left a gift outside my door for someone else. I was reasonably sober for the 5 minute drive home and promptly went to bed. I woke up to my roomie sounding like he's hacking up a lung at the bathroom sink. Head pounding I stumble out and manage to take some tylenol. Wake up about an hour later and visited to the toilet to finish what I started at the metro parking lot.

Needless to say, I just got into work :laugh: . Thank god it's Friday!!!

Thats where I get into trouble too. If I could just stick to beer and one kind of shot I think I would be fine. It never seems to work out that way though. Once the shots start coming everyone has their favorite so its a different shot everytime someone buys a round. Fun while it lasts, but sucks the next morning.

Boerboel
02-17-2006, 02:39 PM
It seemed like a good idea at the time :laugh:

In theory it sounds like it should work. :laugh:

Ish
02-17-2006, 02:48 PM

Needless to say, I just got into work . Thank god it's Friday!!!
:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :laugh:

Eye of Agamotto
02-17-2006, 02:51 PM
If you start with beer you have to stick to beer. If you start with liquor you can switch to beer, but once you switch you can't go back to liquor. If you drink too much of either your going to get sick regardless. My experience is if you drink to get drunk drink very refined liquor i.e. Single malt scotch, clear rum, white wine so the impurities are less and your liver does'nt have a hard time filtering it through the system. I hate the feeling of being really tired and sleepy after a night of drinking and closing your eyes and the room continuing to spin, that's the worst IMO.

DDura711
02-17-2006, 08:20 PM
:eplus2: :eplus2: Rookie :eplus2: :eplus2:
Damn Right!