PDA

View Full Version : Is Dc now open to giving licenses..Weta

speedracer
02-17-2006, 07:34 PM
Dc has given a license to Weta to produce a couple of statues for superman returns..

My question is...."Is Dc finally softening up and may give another manufacturer a license to produce its lines..=)"

The two weta pieces are quite beautiful...Luthor and superman and lois over daily planet..=)

Tommy Allison
02-19-2006, 05:02 PM
I seriously doubt DC Direct is going to be giving ANY licenses to produce their products. I would bet good money that they hired WETA to do the work, and are released from DC Direct.

They like their monopoly just the way it is.

Car50n
02-19-2006, 06:49 PM
I seriously doubt DC Direct is going to be giving ANY licenses to produce their products. I would bet good money that they hired WETA to do the work, and are released from DC Direct.

They like their monopoly just the way it is.

that is correct. DC Direct is going to be the distributors for these.

speedracer
02-19-2006, 08:29 PM
Thanks guys here's to hoping...I just hope they hire Sideshow or bowen next time..;)

Grievous
02-19-2006, 10:57 PM
Gentle Giant did work for them before Weta, and that didn't change anything. It's safe to say that their policy is rock solid.

bat_collector
02-20-2006, 12:39 PM
Thanks guys here's to hoping...I just hope they hire Sideshow or bowen next time..;)
But why do they need to. They use the same dad gum sculptors both of these guy use.

Villifance, Cleary, Sosa, Cipriano. All these have done dc direct products.

They don't need Bowen or Sideshow, they just need a consisitent art direction.

and I honestly think they've taken great strides in that direction recently.