PDA

View Full Version : Securing the armature to a base with screws?

isculpt
02-22-2006, 01:23 AM
How is that done?

2Bit Sculptor
02-22-2006, 11:33 AM
I haven't seen it done that way before, how would you remove it from the base when you are done and the heads of the screws are hidden?

... unless you somehow attach a nut or some other connector to the armature and run the screw/ or bolt up through the bottom, but keep the length of the screw from extending out of your sculpt.

I've seen long allthread rods run up through the base into the main body of the armature and secured by either a nut that is attached by JBWeld, or a bit of armature wire is wrapped around the allthread and crimped, so the rod can be removed after the sculpt is done. I will compliment that by pushing a length of the armature wire, usually extra at the ends of the legs/feet into holes drilled into the base. There are nuts on either side of the base to tighten the allthread down. Sometimes an open container (coffee can, flower pot, etc.) is needed to set the base on so the bottom end of the rod can have someplace to go.

I use an adjustable support rod that inserts through the back of the armature. There is a thread on support stands a few topics back in this section.

hope that helps some...

Chuck

isculpt
02-23-2006, 02:46 AM
Kinda confused. Maybe a picture or something?