PDA

View Full Version : I know I am not the only one wondering........

MONSTER
02-27-2006, 12:25 AM
What the selling price of the Gray Hulk will be on ebay. With only 50 and 2 of Marvel's most popular characters, I just wonder how much this bad boy will end up fetching?

Zurbaran1
02-27-2006, 12:26 AM
flip it e do da, flip it e day. So how many of your 5 are you flipping? :laugh:

boondocksaint
02-27-2006, 12:27 AM
What the selling price of the Gray Hulk will be on ebay. With only 50 and 2 of Marvel's most popular characters, I just wonder how much this bad boy will end up fetching?

youre really proud you got this huh :eplus2:

honestly i dont think well be seeing that many on ebay...

MONSTER
02-27-2006, 12:29 AM
flip it e do da, flip it e day. So how many of your 5 are you flipping? :laugh:

I figure if I flip 4 of them it will help pay for a good portion of the New Dodge Challenger I have to have. :laugh:

boondocksaint
02-27-2006, 12:30 AM
one BILLLLION dollars (in a dr evil voice)

Zurbaran1
02-27-2006, 12:33 AM
I figure if I flip 4 of them it will help pay for a good portion of the New Dodge Challenger I have to have. :laugh:

You know if we pool all of ours together and trickle them out one at a time we could really make a killing. :eplus2:

MONSTER
02-27-2006, 12:33 AM
You know if we pool all of ours together and trickle them out one at a time we could really make a killing. :eplus2:

I'm thinking Buy it Now of $2500.00 to start. :eplus2:

boondocksaint
02-27-2006, 12:34 AM

how much do you think this piece will get?

galactus

Hmmm, not a bad idea :inquisiti

Zurbaran1
I'm thinking Buy it Now of $2500.00 to start. :eplus2:

Just don't put it up at 4am so Bullseye has a shot at it. :eplus2:

MONSTER
02-27-2006, 12:36 AM
Especially since this board owns most of them. We'll have to keep close tabs on who sells and for how much.

I'd love to get in on the selling fun but I plan on keeping mine for along time. I like being part of 50 that own it. On top of that is an awesome piece.

JSA
02-27-2006, 12:38 AM
Funny - I'm on the "flip" side of the coin on this one.

I don't disparage or get down on flippers, as it definitely helps pay for a collection.
No problem there at all - flippers are people too! Good people at that!

BUT - on this statue I missed out by minutes, and it is one that I absolutely positively
definitely wanted for my collection and had no intention of flipping. SO when I hear
of people gloating about flipping this one, while I still understand it and hold no ill will
either way, it does sting - a LOT.

I know some are joking on it, but many boardmembers I know of have definitely stated
that they'll be flipping the Hell outta this item, and looking to get top $$$$ for it.

Had I gotten my order in for one, I'd not care as much, but I do appreciate how it feels
to be on the other side o' the fence on this one, and it feels pretty crappy indeed!
Good for me to get the perspective from both sides, but this one still hurts a lot.

All I ask is perhaps just a smidge less $$$ gloating on this one fellows? Please? :banghead:

JS :bawling:

Gruson
02-27-2006, 12:41 AM
My guess is they will get between $1000-$1500.

nexus
02-27-2006, 12:42 AM
If someone pays more than a grand for these, they'd be crazy IMO. I've been debating whether or not to buy a green and paint it grey and Spidey black 'cuz that's the only thing I'd be interested in. A paint job would probably run between $300 and $400. So added to a $350 statue, you're talking about around $700. Even less if you get a good deal on ebay. Of course if SS comes out with that version, all youse Grey Hulk flippers are screwed bwah-ha-ha-ha. :eplus2:

nexus
02-27-2006, 12:44 AM
Especially since this board owns most of them. We'll have to keep close tabs on who sells and for how much.

I'd love to get in on the selling fun but I plan on keeping mine for along time. I like being part of 50 that own it. On top of that is an awesome piece.

Do you really have five? I know Gruson probably has a few.
:rolleyes2

Zurbaran1
02-27-2006, 12:50 AM

Nah, he's just kidding............I think. :eplus2:

cap70
02-27-2006, 01:04 AM
Nah, he's just kidding............I think. :eplus2:

Kidding my @ss!!! He have 5 heading his way! :eplus2:

And speaking about the Grey Hulks price, I think this one will sell for atleast $1500, maybe even more. Let's coordinate the sales on ebay. NO start bid less than $1500 it's allowed! :eplus2:

Gruson
02-27-2006, 01:11 AM
Kidding my @ss!!! He have 5 heading his way! :eplus2:

And speaking about the Grey Hulks price, I think this one will sell for atleast $1500, maybe even more. Let's coordinate the sales on ebay. NO start bid less than $1500 it's allowed! :eplus2:

Sounds good to me. :)

cap70
02-27-2006, 01:20 AM
Sounds good to me. :)

Deal. You start with one of yours, and then we follow. :buttrock: :laugh:

Ish
02-27-2006, 01:26 AM
the only thing i see this one has going is the run size, but in reality the green looks much better, imho.

bat_collector
02-27-2006, 01:43 AM
I really wanted this tone too, but I'll probably never see it

wizard-comics
02-27-2006, 02:00 AM
can't fault the filppers, I'd be flipping it as well if I had got one...

Colossal
02-27-2006, 06:32 AM
I agree with Ish, totally happy for those with the grey version, but I grew up with the jade giant, so hoping to one day snag the green version.

Still find it amazing that they limited the exclusive run to 50, is that like the first time a run has been so low? You can tell they totally did that for the most passionate of collectors.

joy_division
02-27-2006, 07:04 AM
how much did this cost?

RogueSpideyFan
02-27-2006, 07:29 AM
Well I have been collecting for a long time...Spidey and Hulk have always been my favorite characters... I knew I had to have it the first time I saw this statue... I was able to get one of the "Green" light up exclusives but not the grey, which totally stinks :banghead: IMHO Hulk is a little to light colored in the photos for the grey hulk. That could just be the way the picture is, but it still does not matter I want one :bawling: Oh Yeah I could easily see this going for a $1000

risingstar
02-27-2006, 09:12 AM
I think the range in prices will be quite wide as some bidders will go all out thinking this may be the last time they'll see the piece. Then another may appear the following week.

I also wonder if this piece might have fetched higher bids if it had come out three years ago... Sometimes I wonder if collectors today just aren't as dazzled by rare pieces as they used to be.

In any event, whoever has one of the 50 will be making some easy money should they decide to flip!

pitchin4eva
02-27-2006, 09:41 AM
Another factor affecting the sellers price could be location. I am never flipping mine but If I was to flip I would probably have a good chance of getting a very high price as I'm one of the few of the fifty that live in Europe not US.

BUT HE'S MINE!!!.........ALL MINE MUHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously though, why would anyone sell as unlike a balrog, cave troll etc. the chances of getting another once sold are not very good

MONSTER
02-27-2006, 10:31 AM

I don't really have 5. I actually only have 4. :eplus2: :laugh:

Gir
02-27-2006, 11:16 AM
can't fault the filppers, I'd be flipping it as well if I had got one...

I can. If you don't want it, don't buy it. If you need money, go get a job...or a second one.

Collection King 13
02-27-2006, 11:18 AM
I'm on the waiting list which I know will never go through so I think I am going to buy the Reg. Version and have it repainted Grey. But I think it will fetch around $1000....

rychehitman
02-27-2006, 11:30 AM
One Grand is an EASY early estimate!

hulkpitt
02-27-2006, 12:49 PM
I have a green :peoples: light up version on the way, any one know when they ship?

The grey versions dose nothing more for me than the green so I will just sit and watch the eBay pileup. I hope you grey boys scoop big but not from me this time, 1K is too much.

There was some crazy action on the fazing vision that Bowen did (I preferred the standard issue) and that went for $800 / $900, there has to be a better way to blow this cash, original sculpts and commission pieces can be got for a touch more.

John

darthrobbler
02-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Again, Screw Grey Hulk.

Zurbaran1
02-27-2006, 02:08 PM
how much did this cost?

$324.99

SolidLiquidFox
02-27-2006, 03:03 PM
The first auction will set the pace as usual. I wonder who here will be that person...

I am planning on keeping mine unless some outrageous ebay prices swade me away ($2,000+). Anything less than that I am keeping. It is an awesome piece and bragging rights alone make it worth keeping in my collection. I did order both just in case.

Zurbaran1
02-27-2006, 03:47 PM
The first auction will set the pace as usual. I wonder who here will be that person...

I am planning on keeping mine unless some outrageous ebay prices swade me away ($2,000+). Anything less than that I am keeping. It is an awesome piece and bragging rights alone make it worth keeping in my collection. I did order both just in case.

The way I look at it is, with an item so rare , every one that is sold the next one becomes that much more valuable. Someone is not going to pay $1500-2000 for one of these with an eye to it being an investment or future flipping material. They pay that much because they want it in their collection and that's where it will stay. If that's the case, you have one less piece available everytime one sells for big $$$$. Assuming that even as many as 1/2 half of these will be flipped (and I'm just pulling that number out of the air) this could become an extremely big ticket item. Who knows. We'll see soon enough.

cap70
02-27-2006, 04:02 PM
Jokes apart, I will be keeping mine. Unless someone offer me $5k for it, I won't be selling it. I'm jealous, though, of guys like Monster(5 pieces), Gruson( 8 pieces) and Zurb ( 3 pieces) :laugh:

FlyAndFight
02-27-2006, 06:55 PM
The Original Balrog from SS/Weta started at $300.00 and look at it now. There are significantly less of the Grey Hulk variant and I think it will eventually hit, if not surpass Balrog prices.

I believe that when the first one hits ebay, speculators and not only true collectors will be bidding on it. If I had one coming, as soon as the going rate hit near 2 grand, I'd be throwing it on ebay as well and replacing it with a green version. No brainer for me.

risingstar
02-27-2006, 08:15 PM
Someone is not going to pay $1500-2000 for one of these with an eye to it being an investment or future flipping material. They pay that much because they want it in their collection and that's where it will stay.

I gotta agree with Zooby on this one.

SolidLiquidFox
02-27-2006, 08:15 PM
It will be interesting that's for sure.

I guess the one thing that's for sure is that we all have a price. $2,000 seems like the point where some of us will say good bye to old gray if it comes to that.

elwood49
02-27-2006, 11:33 PM
I don't disparage or get down on flippers, as it definitely helps pay for a collection.
No problem there at all - flippers are people too! Good people at that!
be flipping the Hell outta this item, and looking to get top $$$$ for it.

All I ask is perhaps just a smidge less $$$ gloating on this one fellows? Please? :banghead:

You have got to be kidding me! You flip as much if not more than just about anybody here!! Please spare us the ethics lesson. :rolleyes:

When I missed out on the MR Vader single SE, I was looking for it and you were "kind" enough to PM me with a horrible offer, which was unsolicited by the way. I eventually found one for $300 less than you offered.

I hope G and the others flip this one for big $$$. This is a piece that I have zero interest in, but I literally was off the forum for about an hour the night it went on sale--- which is precisely when it went up. :banghead: I like the green one better anyway. I say the Gray will go for $800-$1,000 at first. It MAY hit Balrog prices eventually when the initial supply runs out.

risingstar
02-28-2006, 12:05 AM
You have got to be kidding me! You flip as much if not more than just about anybody here!! Please spare us the ethics lesson. :rolleyes:

When I missed out on the MR Vader single SE, I was looking for it and you were "kind" enough to PM me with a horrible offer, which was unsolicited by the way. I eventually found one for $300 less than you offered.

I hope G and the others flip this one for big $$$.

Oh my!! Ellwood!

Meeeeeeeooowwwwww!

Synergy
02-28-2006, 12:43 AM

I hope G and the others flip this one for big $$$. This is a piece that I have zero interest in, but I literally was off the forum for about an hour the night it went on sale--- which is precisely when it went up. :banghead: I like the green one better anyway. I say the Gray will go for $800-$1,000 at first. It MAY hit Balrog prices eventually when the initial supply runs out.

Fair call if this is on the up.. :laugh: :laugh:

JSA
02-28-2006, 10:19 AM

WHOA there lil' doggie! Why the hate and venom Elwood!? :confused:

I offered no ethics lessons at all. I stated that many people, including myself,
flip items to pay for their collections. Common practice and doesn't make the
people bad in any way.

I don't flip items as much or more than many people here that I know of BTW.
Most all of the items I buy now are keepers. I don't have multiple accounts
under different names to scarf up the rare items just to turn around and sell.
Again - I don't care who buys what and what they do with it.

What I was politely asking for was that everybody who got a Grey Hulk and
intends on flipping it, not gloat and brag so damned much about it.

There is no need to rub it in the faces of the hundreds of people who would
have loved to be able to order this statue for their collection. Thats all.

Were it a super-rare item that you wanted for your collection, I'd hope that
you could appreciate how that may be a sore spot if you missed it by minutes?

JS :confused2

Lynxje
02-28-2006, 11:13 AM
Not too sure on the high price expectations on this piece. There are alot of Hulk vs. Spidey's out there, and do you really expect people to pay a 1-2K premium for a grey color? If they really need the Grey they can simply have it repainted for 300 or so and the only difference will be that there's no 'grey hulk' plus an edition size of 50 on the base.

I think that will be the 'problem' with all these Exclusives, people just are not willing to pay that much more money for a different color or an exclusive item when the normal version can still be easily obtained. I've seen this with Doom and Han Solo so far, both pretty low runs and sold out ages ago but I wasn't able to get rid of them, even though I wasn't looking for a large profit.

pitchin4eva
02-28-2006, 11:35 AM
WHOA there lil' doggie! Why the hate and venom Elwood!? :confused:

I offered no ethics lessons at all. I stated that many people, including myself,
flip items to pay for their collections. Common practice and doesn't make the
people bad in any way.

I don't flip items as much or more than many people here that I know of BTW.
Most all of the items I buy now are keepers. I don't have multiple accounts
under different names to scarf up the rare items just to turn around and sell.
Again - I don't care who buys what and what they do with it.

What I was politely asking for was that everybody who got a Grey Hulk and
intends on flipping it, not gloat and brag so damned much about it.

There is no need to rub it in the faces of the hundreds of people who would
have loved to be able to order this statue for their collection. Thats all.

Were it a super-rare item that you wanted for your collection, I'd hope that
you could appreciate how that may be a sore spot if you missed it by minutes?

JS :confused2

Did you not manage to arrange a trade over at ssf, I know your 1st agreement fell through but did the 2nd fall through also?

JSA
02-28-2006, 11:46 AM
2nd trade deal is in place. All is good there, but I did have to trade a lot more than
retail for this statue. Had I been a couple minutes earlier, I would have been one
of the very lucky few that were able to order it directly from Sideshow. :banghead:

Again - I don't begrudge flippers or flipping, just don't rub it in. :peoples:

JS :)

pitchin4eva
02-28-2006, 11:51 AM
Ya can tell me to mind my own business but out of curiousity....what did ya trade for it?

JSA
02-28-2006, 11:54 AM
Sorry - Mutually agreed to confidentiality on that.

JS

Viking28
02-28-2006, 12:44 PM
Iam SO glad I got me one of them GRAY Hulks, yea pretty sweet when you think about it. (grabs a bucket of popcorn)

Just joking!

pitchin4eva
02-28-2006, 12:49 PM
u forgot you add.....................muhahahahaha

Viking28
02-28-2006, 12:53 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :thumbs2:

Bullseye
02-28-2006, 01:09 PM
While i have no problem in people having the Grey Hulk what is with the facination in continuously dredging the subject up again and again and belittling the people who have missed out. I for one would never make fun at the expense of anothers simply because I was lucky enough to have gotten it.

Bullseye
02-28-2006, 01:10 PM
Oh yeah i have no problem with people flipping this. If i were lucky enough to have gotten one I'd have probably kept it. But then again if someone were to wave $2000 in front of my face it would be hard to resist.

risingstar
02-28-2006, 01:28 PM
Not too sure on the high price expectations on this piece. There are alot of Hulk vs. Spidey's out there, and do you really expect people to pay a 1-2K premium for a grey color? If they really need the Grey they can simply have it repainted for 300 or so and the only difference will be that there's no 'grey hulk' plus an edition size of 50 on the base.

I think that will be the 'problem' with all these Exclusives, people just are not willing to pay that much more money for a different color or an exclusive item when the normal version can still be easily obtained. I've seen this with Doom and Han Solo so far, both pretty low runs and sold out ages ago but I wasn't able to get rid of them, even though I wasn't looking for a large profit.

I may be wrong about this but I'm not sure the typical person who buys statues even considers having their statue repainted let alone knows people who could do the job for them. Also, I think there's some debate as to whether or not repainting your statue lowers or raises the value of your piece. There are compelling arguments for both.

As for the price people are willing to pay for exclusive... I think peeps will be very interested to learn how the market will respond to this piece on the secondary market. If it skyrockets, it'll (understandably) bring speculators back into the fold. I just can't see this tanking. It literally is one of the rarest pieces out there. No matter what anyone says, that's a fact.

This statue, at least at first, will be selling at double cover and then rise.

JSA
02-28-2006, 01:37 PM
While i have no problem in people having the Grey Hulk what is with the facination in continuously dredging the subject up again and again and belittling the people who have missed out. I for one would never make fun at the expense of anothers simply because I was lucky enough to have gotten it.

Thats what I was attempting to say, but you've stated it perfectly Bullseye.

JS

SolidLiquidFox
02-28-2006, 02:33 PM
I may be wrong about this but I'm not sure the typical person who buys statues even considers having their statue repainted let alone knows people who could do the job for them. Also, I think there's some debate as to whether or not repainting your statue lowers or raises the value of your piece. There are compelling arguments for both.

As for the price people are willing to pay for exclusive... I think peeps will be very interested to learn how the market will respond to this piece on the secondary market. If it skyrockets, it'll (understandably) bring speculators back into the fold. I just can't see this tanking. It literally is one of the rarest pieces out there. No matter what anyone says, that's a fact.

This statue, at least at first, will be selling at double cover and then rise.

I agree with most of what you said here. I think we assume that just because the capacity of painting a statue exists it doesn't mean that this option is feasible for everyone. Or that everyone has the same amount of trust to put their $300 piece on someone's hands. The regular consumer mentality usually is that nobody can do a better job than the manufacturer himself so that's the one they want.

Speculators brought down the comics market but not without the comics market having something to do with allowing it to happen. I don't think the same epic proportions downfall will happen with statues. This hobby has lots of speculators but they tend to be a bit more selective. SS pieces are not necessarily a license to print money on ebay.

Gir
02-28-2006, 02:39 PM
Oh yeah i have no problem with people flipping this. If i were lucky enough to have gotten one I'd have probably kept it. But then again if someone were to wave $2000 in front of my face it would be hard to resist.

I wouldn't call that flipping. There is a difference between the scenario you have presented and the one in which a person intends to sell it all along.

JS is asking flippers to act in a considerate manner toward others (refraining from bragging), which is a bit ridiculous considering that flipping itself is an inconsiderate act (using other collectors to make a quick profit). To put it simply, "flipping etiquette" is an oxymoron.

carrillj
02-28-2006, 02:51 PM
I don't see this one selling for over $600, possibly even as low as $500. The reason is because it's just a difference in color and of course because there are soo many Hulk statues available, including the many variants of this Hulk vs Spider-Man by Sideshow. I wouldn't be surprised if Sideshow later announces a Gray Hulk vs Spider-Man regular edition, without the light-up streetlamp.

Viking28
02-28-2006, 02:57 PM
I don't see this one selling for over $600, possibly even as low as $500. The reason is because it's just a difference in color and of course because there are soo many Hulk statues available, including the many variants of this Hulk vs Spider-Man by Sideshow. I wouldn't be surprised if Sideshow later announces a Gray Hulk vs Spider-Man regular edition, without the light-up streetlamp.

I have it on pretty good word that will not happen.

MONSTER
02-28-2006, 02:59 PM
Anyone interested in selling theirs for $500-$600 please let me know. I'd be willing to buy the entire run for that price.

SolidLiquidFox
02-28-2006, 03:02 PM

The whole gray hulk thing was a stunt. They knew they would piss some people off but they did it anyways to generate buzz. So far they stuck to their guns and the 50 ES. I don't see a regular gray hulk coming out any time soon from SS.

I think you underestimate the amount of SS fans out there. Never mind Marvel fans. I mean SS fans. A Marvel fan would look at a HH Gray Hulk or some other gray hulk out there. A SS fan wants one of those 50 gray hulks and they'll pay for it as much as this crazy market determines.

carrillj
02-28-2006, 03:04 PM
I have it on pretty good word that will not happen.

Do you mean the estimated after-market value, or the chance of a regular edition? I'm sure you mean a release of a regular edition. I didn't get a chance to order the gray Hulk, but for those that did, I think it would be wrong if a regular edition was made. I hope your right.

carrillj
02-28-2006, 03:11 PM
The whole gray hulk thing was a stunt. They knew they would piss some people off but they did it anyways to generate buzz. So far they stuck to their guns and the 50 ES. I don't see a regular gray hulk coming out any time soon from SS.

I think you underestimate the amount of SS fans out there. Never mind Marvel fans. I mean SS fans. A Marvel fan would look at a HH Gray Hulk or some other gray hulk out there. A SS fan wants one of those 50 gray hulks and they'll pay for it as much as this crazy market determines.

If we are talking about Sideshow fans, then I guess your right, as I'm not familiar with how they collect. I thought people collect because of interest in licensed characters and not because of which company makes the product. So from what you say, you mean to tell me that Sideshow collectors buy all statues made by SS and not just their favorite characters or license, such as Marvel? :confused: I haven't seen anyone with such a collection on this forum. I guess they hang out at Sideshow forum.

I still don't think the gray Hulk will draw in the types of figures that some of you are posting here. I've sold some rare one-of-a kind prototypes and they rarely broke the $800 mark.

darthrobbler
02-28-2006, 03:25 PM

I still stick to my first statement:

SCREW GREY HULK!!!!

It was a stupid stunt and I see it hurting the company more. Too much product is now available for people to buy so if one company pisses you off, screw that company and go to another for their products. This was a horrible way to generate buzz for your company, not to mention piss off the one's already buying their items.

SolidLiquidFox
02-28-2006, 03:48 PM
If anything, you can't argue that SS has created a strong sense of community in their followers. Heck, 500 people entered the Flash Fiction contest so that tells you something right there about how much people like the company. This sense of community makes people look at all the lines coming from SS and pick something up that they normally wouldn't. These same people hear about the rare Gray Hulk they missed out on.

That's why you'll see high prices on gray hulk. Besides it being an awesome piece in it's own right you got all these Sideshow-lites trying to be part of that elite 50 group. Never mind that they like Marvel, Hulk or Spider-Man. Some people just want that rare piece. They don't buy every single SS statue out there but this one is more of a prestige piece (real or not is up to you to decide that).

It's irrational but so is the collector's mentality sometimes. We all have been there to some degree at some point.

Viking28
02-28-2006, 03:51 PM
If we are talking about Sideshow fans, then I guess your right, as I'm not familiar with how they collect. I thought people collect because of interest in licensed characters and not because of which company makes the product. So from what you say, you mean to tell me that Sideshow collectors buy all statues made by SS and not just their favorite characters or license, such as Marvel? :confused: I haven't seen anyone with such a collection on this forum. I guess they hang out at Sideshow forum.

I still don't think the gray Hulk will draw in the types of figures that some of you are posting here. I've sold some rare one-of-a kind prototypes and they rarely broke the $800 mark.

Well look what a gold bucky and phazing vision did in the aftermarket. So I can see this guy getting up there in price.

Viking28
02-28-2006, 03:52 PM
I still stick to my first statement:

SCREW GREY HULK!!!!

It was a stupid stunt and I see it hurting the company more. Too much product is now available for people to buy so if one company pisses you off, screw that company and go to another for their products. This was a horrible way to generate buzz for your company, not to mention piss off the one's already buying their items.

What other companies dont do this?

GG? Bowen? DST? HH?

Viking28
02-28-2006, 03:55 PM
O yea I can't leave out Master Replicas :eplus2:

ResinDog
02-28-2006, 07:17 PM
Oh yeah, Mater Replicas looooves (pissing off) their customers. :banghead: