PDA

View Full Version : Metroid Prime Echoes

Tommy Allison
03-01-2006, 09:39 PM
Well folks, You guys know that little warning that they post at the very beginning of the booklet, and the video game about people having issues while playing video games?

I bought it thinking I'd enjoy it. Well, I can't physically enjoy it.

Why??? I played it for about 20 minutes, and got motion sickness. Like REALLY BAD motion sickness.

The kind that caused me to get violently ill like the Exorcist, and then take a 4 hour nap. This has NEVER happened to me before. So, I'm officially a Non-Metroid Playing member of this forum.

fossa
03-01-2006, 10:07 PM
hope it doesn't happen to me...whenever i get around to playing it...

Ghost
03-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Haha, that's great! I never picked up the 2nd one cause I've yet to finish the first. But I will pick up Metroid Prime Hunters for the DS, FSP multiplayer wifi!! Woooo!

Hellboy
03-02-2006, 12:11 AM
Wow I've never really heard of that happening to anyone before. I remember feeling a little disoriented when I first bought my 62" television playing most first person shooters but I got used to it after a while.

I have Echoes but I kind of lost interest before finishing it. I didn't really like the whole light and dark world premise. I did however finish the first Metroid Prime game and think it's one of the GameCube's best titles, a true classic with some of the best boss battles ever.

Gannon
03-02-2006, 10:38 PM
Ah man, Metroid Prime 2 is a great game - try getting used to it, you really dont want to miss the ride. Maybe after playing it, you can sculpt Samus! She is in serious need of some statue love.

noseeb13
03-08-2006, 11:47 PM
A friend of mine has the exact same problem. He can play other FPS games no problem, but there is something about Prime that gets to him. I myself have an easier time playing Prime vs other FPS games that make me feel sick after about an hour.

Funny how things like this effect people differently.

Tommy Allison
03-10-2006, 04:47 PM
There's nothing worse than trying to get to a save point, when you have to puke.

jimi311
03-10-2006, 05:58 PM
I am playing it right now. Every now and then I get a headache but thats it.

carrillj
03-10-2006, 06:03 PM
My son can't play first-person shooters for too long because of the same reason. My wife and her friends played a game like this as a joke (to try and understand why us guys waste soo much time on games), and they got just as sick. I think it's fairly common, and might take some practice to get over it, much like the morning hang-over. ;)