PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Recon for xbox360!

Model Giants
03-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Has anyone purchased the new Ghost Recon for the xbox 360? If so what did you think about it and is it worth purchasing.

Paul/Model Giants

kirthew
03-09-2006, 01:24 PM
Has anyone purchased the new Ghost Recon for the xbox 360? If so what did you think about it and is it worth purchasing.

Paul/Model Giants

Sorry Paul... I did not pick it up... got Burnout Revenge instead... I have heard that Ghost Recon is a great game... alot of the guys I was playing BR with last night said they bought it and liked it alot... but for some reason they are spending more time with BR than with Ghost Recon...

outlikealight
03-09-2006, 01:29 PM
I'll let you know this weekend. I'm picking it up Friday. My buddy bought it yesterday and said it rock's.

Out

Model Giants
03-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Thx for the info, I'll wait to see what you think before I purchase GR3.

Paul/ Model Giants

draven
03-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Picked up yesterday. HIGHLY recommended!

Sgt Taz
03-12-2006, 10:52 AM
Also recommend.

Some of the maps are simply jaw dropping in HD :buttrock:

outlikealight
03-12-2006, 06:32 PM
Picked up Ghost Recon Friday night and finally popped it in for a few hours. I wasn't sure what to expect. I bought Ghost Recon for regular x-box a few years ago and was underwhelmed. I could never get my squad to do anything and could't even make it through the first mission after several hours play. It went into the dustbin.
My initial impression of Advanced Warfighters graphics was Wow!! It looks great in high-def and is very smooth. You will not be disappointed. The evironments are huge and well done. Little details like the swirl of dust and newspapers when helicopters take off are great.
The controls are 100% better than my first and only other Ghost Recon experience. I easily picked up on how to run myself and my team. Flattening against walls and looking around corners are accomplished easily. Changing weapons on the fly is a breeze. Very quickly I was directing my team, scout drones, and helicopter support gunships all at once easily. And best of all they were doing what I wanted. Oh Joy :D :D :D
Multiplayer looked fantastic it was easy to get into games. None of the ten or so games I played had any lag at all. I can't really give a detailed review because I was really a fish out of water just trying to stay alive for more than 1 minute :laugh: . The environments are huge and there are several types of gamepley. You have your usual solo and multiplayer games. There is also a team game where you and others play against x-box controlled enemies.
I am not sure yet if this is a must have but I can tell you I can't wait to play BOTH sigle player and multiplayer again. I am happy with this purchase and feel I definately got my $60.00 worth.

This week I'm looking forward to buying The Outfit!!

Jamesways
03-13-2006, 10:04 AM
I picked it up too, and it's great. Gameplay, graphics, and controls are all top notch. I've never played a tatical military shooter, so I suck pretty bad. it'll take a bit to get the hang of, but I love it so far. Definitely worth picking up if you love military games. I don't usually play them, but am enjoying the hell out of this, so that right there says a lot.

Captain Britain
03-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Great GAME highly recommended very similar to Full Spectrum Warrior.

It has 2 flaw's with it though (for me anyway)

1) When directing your squad you cannot direct them as individuals, all three squad members move in unison.

2) Squad can be set to either ASSAULT or RECON modes, however i would like Surpression fire to be added as well as use cover (similar to Full Spectrum Warrior)

VenoM
03-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Is this game good? I'm not a fan so I picked up Burnout instead. After reading some reviews I might have to pick this up also :redface:

Jamesways
03-14-2006, 05:44 PM
Well, like I said Venom, I haven't ever played one like this, not really a fan of socom type military games, but so far, this game is awesome. It's tough though. Kind of a steep learning curve at first if you never played a game like this.
Damn squad keeps jumping out getting themselves killed. I have to learn how to use that Recon/Assault option better.

But yeah, I did the first level several times last night, there are so many different ways you can play it.
Fun fun game.