PDA

View Full Version : Poison Ivy "Women of the DCU" Bust Review

bat_collector
03-14-2006, 02:20 AM
Well, it seems my Mondays now include me doing statue reviews,and I'm booked for the next few weeks. And thanks in advance to forum member batman1180 for taking such awesome pics of the bust, I couldn't help but use them compared to my own very meager pics. The last one is mine, though.

This week we focus on the second entry to the "Women of the DCU" bust line, Poison Ivy (sculpted by John G. Mathews, who seems to be sculpting nearly everything for DC nowadays). Its has been a long while since any Poison Ivy bust/statue has been released, so she makes a very welcome addition to this line. But for any on the fence about this whole series, will Poison Ivy be the bust that will convince you to start collecting?

Bust Concept
Like the Wonder Woman bust, the original sketches by Adam Hughes are plastered all over the box the bust comes with, and my are they are a beauty! With arms crossed, Poison Ivy is in a sexy yet defiant pose that just works well with the character. The design of the hair is especially a nice touch, as seems more of an wild rose bush than anything else. But, how did the concept translate to real life?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e138/batman1180/ivyf.jpg

The Sculpt
As far as the sculpt goes, we have another adequate bust for the line. Poison Ivy sure is shapely, and indeed looks better from behind than from in front, and she is nearly popping out of her top. The triangular base works well; she has definately been placed on an ivy-laced pedestal. But unfortantely the bust has some problems. For one, her arms are a bit too thin for her body, especialy when compared to her huge breasts. The hair also isn't nearly as nice as it appears in the concept Instead of being wild and everywhere, it is a much more normal hair styel, very similar to Wonder Woman's. While it still looks nice, I would have liked to see it sculpted in the way the concept rendered it.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e138/batman1180/ivyls.jpg

The Paint-Job
Now the paint job I have some problems with. While Poison Ivy certainly has been drawn in many shades during her comic run, going for the ultra-pale green doesn't work as well as others skin colors might have been. Too little green to go for that clorophyl-like skin color Jim Lee uses, too much to go for a normal skin shade. She actually appears she needs a tan more than anything else. As you can see by the last picture, she reflects the flash very much with all the white paint. Her hair color is good ,but it would have been nice to go for a brighter red color. Other than that, the base and the green outfit are painted well. And I do like the green eye shadow and red lipstick painted on her face. Nice touches.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e138/batman1180/ivyb.jpg

Over-All Value
Again, lets start with the good news. This bust is perfectly in scale with Wonder Woman, and the two look like the first two solid pieces in a great set. And honestly the two definatley look like they'll stand out in your collection.

However, those who think the Wonder Woman was too small and too expensive probably ($45.00 msrp) won't change their mind with Ivy. I peronsally think the line will hit its stride with Catwoman, and that those on the fence may then decide to collect the set then.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f100/misha444/Wonder%20Woman/IMG_0528.jpg

Conclusion
I'm doubting Poison Ivy will change any minds about the Women of the DCU line. Those who are fans (like me) will enjoy the piece and look forward to the big hitters down the line. They'll over look the smallness of the bust and be happy as more busts are released. Those who have problems with the line won't have their mind changed by this one. While I personally like the piece, I can't give this bust more than three out of five stars. But, since I thought this would be the weakest of the line, it does give me confidence that Catwoman will rock!

Bullseye
03-14-2006, 05:51 AM
Nice review B_C. Is the skin supposed to be so white? Or is it just the picture?

JM28Cardiff
03-14-2006, 07:15 AM
The arms are thin, and the boobs "false" looking, but its a sexy little thing all the same!

bane
03-14-2006, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the review , I'll be picking this one up !!

bat_collector
03-14-2006, 11:08 AM
Nice review B_C. Is the skin supposed to be so white? Or is it just the picture?
Her skin color is all over the place. Ross has her a bit paler, like here, but I always liked the way she was colored in hush.

The arms are thin, and the boobs "false" looking, but its a sexy little thing all the same!
Exactly! :thumbs2:

polystoner
03-14-2006, 01:59 PM
Thanks for these reviews, I'm one of those who really want to like these, but I'm not compelled yet.

Poison Ivy sure is shapely, and indeed looks better from behind than from in front.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e138/batman1180/ivyb.jpg

Truer words were never written!

Jesse321
03-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Concept & Sculpt = :puke2:

Paint = :puke2: :puke2:

Overall value = :puke2:

Conclusion ... why anyone is wasting thier time and hard earned money on this crap line is beyond me.

carrillj
03-14-2006, 03:14 PM

Paint = :puke2:

Conclusion ... why anyone wasting thier time and hard earned money on this crap line is beyond me.

For once I agree with you. :laugh:

bat_collector
03-14-2006, 03:35 PM

Paint = :puke2:

Conclusion ... why anyone wasting thier time and hard earned money on this crap line is beyond me.
See, like I said, this one won't change any minds on the line. :laugh:

JM28Cardiff
03-15-2006, 04:32 PM
Maybe the slightly thin arms are just this sculptors style. Good photos, great line (except hawkgirl imo) catwoman and harley will hot things up, people will be all over them like a rash then.

MiamiLoco
03-15-2006, 06:05 PM
Conclusion ... why anyone wasting is thier time and hard earned money on this crap line is beyond me.
Well, first of all, aren't you mostly a Marvel fan? Also, if the line was, let's say $25, would you still think it's crap? My only problem with this line is the incredibly high price for it. How come I can get a nice larger bust from DST for around the same price??!! Since B_C is a fan of the Astonishing X-Men bust line, I have NO idea why he would give this bust 3 out of 5 stars??!! My only reasoning would be that he likes to burn cash. So B_C, how about sending some of that spare cash over here?? :p

nexus
03-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Saw that one and WW the other day. They sure is teeny. If these had been done BD scale, they'd be movin' pretty quick, because the sculpts aren't bad. I have no idea what the world goes through DCD's mind. Inchin' closer to that Jim Lee style commission project.

bat_collector
03-15-2006, 06:40 PM
Well, first of all, aren't you mostly a Marvel fan? Also, if the line was, let's say $25, would you still think it's crap? My only problem with this line is the incredibly high price for it. How come I can get a nice larger bust from DST for around the same price??!! Since B_C is a fan of the Astonishing X-Men bust line, I have NO idea why he would give this bust 3 out of 5 stars??!! My only reasoning would be that he likes to burn cash. So B_C, how about sending some of that spare cash over here?? :p
1st off ,I get these at a good discount thanks to a buddy on the forum. :buttrock:

Second, I like the line. this one has problems, yes, but I still like it, and therefore couldn't give it 2 outta 5. I give busts/statues I wouldn't consider owning 2 or lowers stars (see superman deluxe statue review).

MiamiLoco
03-15-2006, 06:59 PM
ok, that's great, YOU Get them at a discount, but how come u are giving 3 out of 5 stars to a statue that's priced the same as wayy larger busts??!!

JM28Cardiff
03-15-2006, 07:14 PM
Is a review score based on price, or the sculpt itself? We all know DC charge over the odds (compared to others) and do things a bit smaller than others (eg medium instead of full statues) but you have to consider the statues or busts in and of themselves.

bat_collector
03-15-2006, 07:27 PM
ok, that's great, YOU Get them at a discount, but how come u are giving 3 out of 5 stars to a statue that's priced the same as wayy larger busts??!!
I also thought the green lantern vs sienstro was a bit over-priced, but that didn't stop me from giving it four outta five.

The review is based on the whole package loco. I was happy with the product and gave it a good score.

MiamiLoco
03-15-2006, 07:28 PM
exactly, the whole package? that includes the price as well.

valemeister
03-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Hey, it's BC's review, he can give it whatever score he wants. No need to get stroppy.

I like this bust a lot and will be picking it up next week. I think once all 6 are out, they will be a stunning set. :)

d rod
03-15-2006, 10:37 PM
yo miami, back it up brotha or i'm gonna slap you at the next WB premier movie. reviews are opinions. take it as it is.

wktf
03-16-2006, 12:47 AM
Unfortunately, this whole bust line doesn't work for me. My lcs has both this one and the WW piece. They're simply too small, with a lack of detail that's to be expected for this size, for the price that's being asked.

MiamiLoco
03-16-2006, 03:20 AM
yo miami, back it up brotha or i'm gonna slap you at the next WB premier movie. reviews are opinions. take it as it is.
back it up? damn, I never knew you and B_C were so close!! I'm telling Caro :p

But seriously, I understand that it's a review, but the dude ADMITS that it's OVERPRICED yet, he gives it a high score.

JM28Cardiff
03-16-2006, 05:36 AM
Conclusion ... why anyone wasting is thier time and hard earned money on this crap line is beyond me.

Alterton would have a fit if he caught you saying that!

Jesse321
03-16-2006, 04:29 PM
Well, first of all, aren't you mostly a Marvel fan? Um .. you definately have me confused with someone else .. I've been a hardcore DC fan for 25 years + ... in the past 20 years, I've never picked up more than 3 Marvel titles a month MAX!

Also, if the line was, let's say $25, would you still think it's crap? Even if they came in a Cracker Jacks box, I would still think they're CRAP! Let me put it to you another way, if someone gave me either of these pieces as a gift, I would wonder what I did to piss them off ... unless I knew what I did to piss them off.

Crap is crap regardless of price ... and this is CRAP! Making them $25.00 would just make them cheaper crap.

My only problem with this line is the incredibly high price for it. This is your ONLY problem with these pieces? :confused:
Dude, these sculpts are AWFUL! :puke2:

MiamiLoco
03-16-2006, 04:35 PM
Um .. you definately have me confused with someone else .. I've been a hardcore DC fan for 25 years + ... in the past 20 years, I've never picked up more than 3 Marvl titles a month MAX!
Really??! You sure have a lot of Marvel Bowen statues/busts for not being a big Marvel fan :p

Jesse321
03-16-2006, 04:38 PM
Really??! You sure have a lot of Marvel Bowen statues/busts for not being a big Marvel fan :pI'm a fan of the characters, and the era that most of the line represents, as well as the awesome work that's gone into each piece.

And like I've said before, if DC did a better job of producing quality pieces that displayed better together, my office would be full of thier statues than Marvels.

bane
03-16-2006, 05:00 PM
Maybe the slightly thin arms are just this sculptors style. Good photos, great line (except hawkgirl imo) catwoman and harley will hot things up, people will be all over them like a rash then.

Couldn't agree more , nice line withg the best yet to come but that Hawkgirl is never going to make my collection no matter how cheap they might sell it .

JM28Cardiff
03-16-2006, 05:28 PM
Dude, these sculpts are AWFUL! :puke2:

Lets see the level of your sculpting skills then?

You may not like them, but your hyperbolic comments undermine your arguement.

Jesse321
03-16-2006, 05:57 PM
Alterton would have a fit if he caught you saying that!I couldn't care less if he had 4 fits, my opinion is my own and I stand by it .. these pieces are CRAP.
Lets see the level of your sculpting skills then?One doesn't have to have sculpting skills to appreciate a good sculpt from a bad one .. and make no mistake, these are BAD. But rest assured, even without sculpting skills, I sure as hell couldn't do much worse than these pieces.

JM28Cardiff
03-16-2006, 06:01 PM
If I called a Picasso a piece of sh!t, would I be taken seriously as an art critic?

Jesse321
03-16-2006, 06:03 PM
If I called a Picasso a piece of sh!t, would I be taken seriously as an art critic?If that's your opinion, then that's your opinion ... and for the record I've always thought that most of Picasso's work is crap ... I much prefer Monet or Dali.

I'm not making a living as an "art critic" and these pieces are FAR from master works of art .. maybe my arguments are hyperbolic (by your standards), but your's are hyper-sensative (by mine) ... there's always going to be someone that says something is crap, in this case it's me, in another case it might be you ... get over it already, this country has become entirely too PC for it's good :rolleyes2

JM28Cardiff
03-16-2006, 06:11 PM
Maybe I was hoping you would elaborate a little. In what way are they crap or awful (and don't refer to the size or cost here). Are they out of proportion? Is the face wonky? Is it roughly finished? If it didnt say so on the box, would you know what character they were? As they are women, do they look feminine and a little bit sexy, or are they like East German shot putters? Do they look like bull dykes? I dont think so!

Jesse321
03-16-2006, 06:19 PM
Maybe I was hoping you would elaborate a little. In what way are they crap or awful? Okay hows this:

1) The sculpts in general are too small and they are WAY too expensive for what your getting, sorry but if that's not your biggest greivence, then you must be independently wealthy and/or (no offense intended) just not that fickle about your sculpts

2) The paint jobs on them are horrible, look at the eyes and the hair lines, the paints don't follow the scuplt line. The colors are completely monocromatic, there's no shading and Poison Ivy has NEVER been depicted in any book as marble white!

3) The suit around the breasts is TOO LOW ... does Adam Hughes believe that the nipples on a womans breasts fall under the flap or at the bottom of the breast?

4) The face is so stiff it looks like a K-Mart Manniquin, there's no grace or elegance to it.

5) Take a look at the side shot posed by B_C, the upper torso and shoulder area is RIDICULOUSLY larger than the hips ... this piece isn't even in scale with itself!

Is that better?

Do they look like bull dykes? I dont think so!If you seriously don't think that the sculpt of Diana makes her looks like a RAGING bull dyke, I have some women here in Florida that you should meet :rolleyes2

JM28Cardiff
03-16-2006, 06:25 PM
Okay hows this:

1) The sculpts in general are too small.

2) The paint jobs on them are horrible, look at the eyes and the hair line ... the colors are completely monocromatic, there's no shading and Poison Ivy has NEVER been depicted in any book as marble white!

3) The suit around the breasts is TOO LOW ... does Adam Hughes believe that the nipples on a womans breasts fall under the flap or at the bottom of the breast?

4) The face is so stiff it looks like a K-Mart Manniquin, there's no grace or elegance to it.

5) Take a look at the side shot posed by B_C, the upper torso and shoulder area is RIDICULOUSLY larger than the hips ... this piece isn't even in scale with itself!

Is that better?

Better! I'll knock points one and two off though, the size has nothing to do with how well its sculpted, nor does the paint job (you referred to them as awful sculpts). The boobies are a little "artificial", but I dont see too much of a problem, vis-a-vis where the nips would be. As for the face, shes a baddie, a glacial kind of look works fine imo. Point 5, it might just be the angle of the shot, dont have mine out of the box right now.

JM28Cardiff
03-16-2006, 06:26 PM
If you seriously don't think that the sculpt of Diana makes her looks like a RAGING bull dyke, I have some women here in Florida that you should meet :rolleyes2

I still would! Little bit of muscle on a lady is fine with me!

Jesse321
03-16-2006, 06:29 PM
Better! I'll knock points one and two off though, the size has nothing to do with how well its sculpted, nor does the paint job (you referred to them as awful sculpts). The boobies are a little "artificial", but I dont see too much of a problem, vis-a-vis where the nips would be. As for the face, shes a baddie, a glacial kind of look works fine imo. Point 5, it might just be the angle of the shot, dont have mine out of the box right now.NO NO NO .. you wanna debate then you debate point by point, you don't get to pick and choose your arguments or you lose validity as far as I'm concerned. To me a sculpt is reviewed in it's entirety, concept, sculpt and paint all come into play. Using your logic, I could say it's a great sculpts just because I happen to like the shade of green they desided to paint her, so ergo it's a good sculpt.

You SERIOUSLY don't see a problem where the nipples would fall on the breasts in these sculpts? For God's sake, I'm G AY and I've been with enough women to know where the nipples on a breast should be!

It's not the angle of the shot or shots .. it's lousy scale.

JM28Cardiff
03-16-2006, 06:31 PM
NO NO NO .. you wanna debate then you debate point by point, you don't get to pick and choose yuor argument or you lose validity as far as I'm concerned.

Huh? I addressed every one of your points?

Jesse321
03-16-2006, 06:33 PM
I still would! Little bit of muscle on a lady is fine with me!And the fact that her face looks EXACTLY like Michael's mug shot doesn't bother you in the slightest?

Jesse321
03-16-2006, 06:33 PM
Huh? I addressed every one of your points?No you didn't, you didn't address the size or lousy paint job.

Better! I'll knock points one and two off though, the size has nothing to do with how well its sculpted, nor does the paint job (you referred to them as awful sculpts).
To me a sculpt is reviewed in it's entirety, concept, sculpt and paint all come into play. Using your logic, I could say it's a great sculpts just because I happen to like the shade of green they desided to paint her, so ergo it's a good sculpt.

JM28Cardiff
03-16-2006, 06:34 PM
The paint job is not the sculpt. The size is not the sculpt.

Primal
03-16-2006, 06:35 PM
Conclusion ... why anyone is wasting thier time and hard earned money on this crap line is beyond me.I dont know about the whole line but the upcoming Harley piece looks too good to pass up. :buttrock:
http://toychest.diamondcomics.com/toys/03_06/WomenOfDCU.MiniBust.Harley.jpg

carrillj
03-16-2006, 06:35 PM
Maybe I was hoping you would elaborate a little. In what way are they crap or awful (and don't refer to the size or cost here). Are they out of proportion? Is the face wonky? Is it roughly finished? If it didnt say so on the box, would you know what character they were? As they are women, do they look feminine and a little bit sexy, or are they like East German shot putters? Do they look like bull dykes? I dont think so!

Sorry for barging in on the argument, but I think you nailed it right there (see above quote in bold).

I would never say the sculpt is "crap", but if I knew nothing about this line and someone showed me this bust, there's a good chance that I would not have recognized it as Poison Ivy.

This line is trying to mix in playboy pin-up with fictional comic characters and I don't think it's crossing over well.

Jesse321
03-16-2006, 06:36 PM
The paint job is not the sculpt. The size is not the sculpt.It's all one and the same.

Jesse321
03-16-2006, 06:37 PM
I dont know about the whole line but the upcoming Harley piece looks too good to pass up. :buttrock:
http://toychest.diamondcomics.com/toys/03_06/WomenOfDCU.MiniBust.Harley.jpg
Actually Primal, you're absolutely right, the Harley and the Catwoman are, or will in all likelyhood be, this lines saving grace.

JM28Cardiff
03-16-2006, 06:37 PM
I would never say the sculpt is "crap", but if I knew nothing about this line and someone showed me this bust, there's a good chance that I would not have recognized it as Poison Ivy.

Guess it depends how familiar you are with DC characters I suppose, Ivy is a second tier Bat villian, not everyone would instantly recognise her if they did not know DC comics

Jesse321
03-16-2006, 06:40 PM

This line is trying to mix in playboy pin-up with fictional comic characters and I don't think it's crossing over well.I would have recognized her immidiately, because I've seen Ivy drawn dozens of different ways by dozens of different artists ... this MB is just a lousy representation of her.

You're absolutely hitting the nail on the head with your playboy comment though.

JM28Cardiff
03-16-2006, 06:40 PM
It's all one and the same.

Of course not. If you said "the paint job is awful" or "the size is awful", thats totally different to saying "the sculpt is awful" or crap or whatever.

JM28Cardiff
03-16-2006, 06:42 PM
This line is trying to mix in playboy pin-up with fictional comic characters and I don't think it's crossing over well.

Of course thats what the line is trying to do, Adam Hughes is a pin up artist

Jesse321
03-16-2006, 06:43 PM
Of course not. If you said "the paint job is awful" or "the size is awful", thats totally different to saying "the sculpt is awful" or crap or whatever.Okay, maybe I should have said "the piece", but to me it's the whole thing in it's entirety ... sculpt, piece .. it's all symantics.

JM28Cardiff
03-16-2006, 06:45 PM
Okay, maybe I should have said "the piece", but to me it's the whole thing in it's entirety ... sculpt, piece .. it's all symantics.

Well, at least I have a better idea of your gripes now, and we can agree to disagree!

Jesse321
03-16-2006, 06:46 PM
Of course thats what the line is trying to do, Adam Hughes is a pin up artistHence the reason he shouldn't be working in comics!

JM28Cardiff
03-16-2006, 06:47 PM
Hence the reason he shouldn't be working in comics!

Well, he only does the covers!

carrillj
03-16-2006, 06:48 PM
Of course thats what the line is trying to do, Adam Hughes is a pin up artist

D'oh! I didn't know that. :stick:

I still don't like the bust. :)

Jesse321
03-16-2006, 06:56 PM
Well, he only does the covers!Doing comicbook covers is still "working in comics" which he shouldn't be ... IMO.

JM28Cardiff
03-16-2006, 07:00 PM
Doing comicbook covers is still "working in comics" which he shouldn't be ... IMO.

Now this is opening a whole other can of worms! Hes a very good artist, perhaps a narrow focus (busty women) and goes in for a lot of photoshop jiggery pokery, but I have an old mag (David Anthony Krafts Comics Interview) all about AH, and there are some great sketches in there. Also liked some of the Who's Who in the DC universe images he did-such as Fire and Ice (I forget which comic series they are from)

JM28Cardiff
03-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Also want to say that the "pin up" has quite a long history with some great artists just doing single images of sexy women, I personally love it!

Jesse321
03-16-2006, 07:05 PM
Also want to say that the "pin up" has quite a long history with some great artists just doing single images of sexy women, I personally love it!I didn't say that there was anything wrong with it, just that it's not suited for comics because of it's single-mindedness.

Hes a very good artist, perhaps a narrow focus (busty women) and goes in for a lot of photoshop jiggery pokery, but I have an old mag (David Anthony Krafts Comics Interview) all about AH, and there are some great sketches in there. Also liked some of the Who's Who in the DC universe images he did-such as Fire and Ice (I forget which comic series they are from)Thank you .. you just made my opint in your own words. :D

Frie and Ice were members of the JLA.

JM28Cardiff
03-16-2006, 07:07 PM
I dont know, for covers it has its place, for comics like Tomb Raider, a pin up type shot of Lara works fine. Woudnt suit every comic of course.

Jesse321
03-16-2006, 07:13 PM
I dont know, for covers it has its place, for comics like Tomb Raider, a pin up type shot of Lara works fine. Woudn't suit every comic of course.Lara Kroft was created to be a Betty Paige pin up image type of character, so it does suit her style just fine.

My biggest greivance with Hughes is here is a man that obviously knows how to draw women (that cover for Power Girl of her flying on her back was INCREDIBLE) but he can't make Wonder Woman (who's unbelievably sexy) look sexy because he's too busy knocking down her chest armor to ridiculous lows in the hopes of making her more titilating, and it actually ends up having the reverse effect. I mean for God's sake, if they had put Lynda Carter in a costume like that her stuff would be falling out all over the place. :rolleyes2

bat_collector
03-16-2006, 07:13 PM
Regardless of what any one person thinks about Adam Hughes, he has his own fair amount of fans out there. Remember the cover to JSA classified made cover of the year! I think Jesse's hatred of the line is at least in SOME part derived of his dislike for Hughes.

Look, I reviewed the bust, pointed out its flaws, and in the end gave it a score. Its all based on my own subjectivity, and people around here know I'm pretty opinionated.

Thanks, though, for your feedback and for reading the review. :thumbs2: :D

JM28Cardiff
03-16-2006, 07:15 PM
Jesse, we have to agree on something before I sign off for the night. I like the following things, do you like any of these:

Bladerunner
Smallville
Alias
steak
chips (fries) covered in grated cheese and gravy (after several pints of lager!)
Steve Martin (pre 1990)

If you like any of those, then we do agree on something!

Jesse321
03-16-2006, 07:16 PM
I think Jesse's hatred of the line is at least in SOME part derived of his dislike for Hughes. Actually, it's derived in MOST part from my dislike of Hughes, but we're talking about the sculpt and thier execution, not Hughes style (or lack there of)

JM28Cardiff
03-16-2006, 07:20 PM
Actually, it's derived in MOST part from my dislike of Hughes.

Thus compromising your objectivity!

Jesse321
03-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Jesse, we have to agree on something before I sign off for the night. I like the following things, do you like any of these:

Bladerunner
Smallville
Alias
steak
chips (fries) covered in grated cheese and gravy (after several pints of lager!)
Steve Martin (pre 1990)

If you like any of those, then we do agree on something!Love all of the above, see we can agree on some things :thumbs2:

JM28Cardiff
03-16-2006, 07:28 PM
Bingo! Time for me to sign out, have been watching a sh!t film while typing on here (sorry, one that is not very good imo, The Forgotten) and I need to concentrate on the ending!

Jesse321
03-16-2006, 07:29 PM
Thus compromising your objectivity!Not at all .. my comments we're made on the sculpt themselves, my dislike of Hughes is irrelevent to the subject at hand. You didn't even know that I didn't like Hughes until that fact was brought up by B_C, because my arguments were kept to the sculpts and why they worked or didn't work.

Had these sculpts actually worked, I would have gladly said so .. as a matter of fact, I've already stated that the Harley and the Catwoman piece are great and I will likely buy them (provided I can get them at a substancial discount from the SRP)

Just because someone doesn't like something, doesn't mean that they can't give an objective opinion on it.

Jesse321
03-16-2006, 07:37 PM
And let me claify something for the record, I've seen Hughes's concept drawings for these pieces, if they had actually turned out closer to the concept drawings (with a few exteremely minor alterations), I might have liked them better.

bane
03-17-2006, 07:16 AM
The two of you ... get a room :laugh:

JM28Cardiff
03-17-2006, 07:57 AM
:inquisiti

We were doing alright, but I got a little dig in and it set him off again!

Jesse321
03-17-2006, 10:11 AM
:inquisiti

We were doing alright, but I got a little dig in and it set him off again!Meaning no offense, but you're giving yourself entirely too much credit. There's only been 1 person on these boards that's ever truly "set me off" ... and it's not you. ;)

cblakey1
03-17-2006, 10:43 AM
And let me claify something for the record, I've seen Hughes's concept drawings for these pieces, if they had actually turned out closer to the concept drawings (with a few exteremely minor alterations), I might have liked them better.

Me too Jess, but I'm still buyin'! :buttrock:

Not enough DC MB's out there IMO. Scarff 'em while you can I always say! :D

JM28Cardiff
03-17-2006, 10:54 AM
Meaning no offense, but you're giving yourself entirely too much credit. There's only been 1 person on these boards that's ever truly "set me off" ... and it's not you. ;)

I'm just jerking your chain ;) (metaphorically speaking of course!)

rychehitman
03-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Meaning no offense, but you're giving yourself entirely too much credit. There's only been 1 person on these boards that's ever truly "set me off" ... and it's not you. ;)

Can we start a poll to see who everyone thinks it is??? :laugh: