PDA

View Full Version : Randy - Story on Loki and Thor

Crom
11-02-2004, 07:26 PM
And no, I don't mean how Odin adopted Loki at a yong age, but he and Thor never loved each other, yadda, yadda, yadda...

I mean, is this going to happen. Is it a diorama? Who made this? Does this indicate anew license for Bowen? Should we cheer for a certain Mr. Moore and his #4 cover?

Answers Damn You, Answers!

He tasks us, he tasks us!

Perna
11-02-2004, 07:28 PM
Yes, I'd like to know as well. By the way, these Thor and Loki pieces were a pleasant surprise.

SirConor
11-02-2004, 07:43 PM
Quite a pleasant surprise indeed, I loved this miniseries and I think I'll definitely try to get this one once it becomes available. I think you've outdone yourself with these surprises today RandY!

Crom
11-02-2004, 07:46 PM
by Essad Ribic - Loki #1

OneOne78
11-02-2004, 07:49 PM
Surprise, surprise. I wonder if Dana has already seen these?

Crom
11-02-2004, 07:50 PM
Surprise, surprise. I wonder if Dana has already seen these?

I'm pretty sure he hasn't or I would have gotten a call at work today. :eplus2:

I'm sure I will get an earfull tomorrow morning.

Comicboy
11-02-2004, 07:51 PM
This is friggin sweet! I'm all over it!

OneOne78
11-02-2004, 07:52 PM

Now we'll never get him to pipe down :rolleyes:

Crom
11-02-2004, 07:57 PM
Now we'll never get him to pipe down :rolleyes:

I know! First we get the BRB whining, now we have a Thor diorama. You would think Randy would give the guy time to catch his breath. Next week we will probably get an announcement for a full-size BRB in phase 3.

At which point Dana's heart will explode in his chest.

OneOne78
11-02-2004, 08:07 PM
I know! First we get the BRB whining, now we have a Thor diorama. You would think Randy would give the guy time to catch his breath. Next week we will probably get an announcement for a full-size BRB in phase 3.

At which point Dana's heart will explode in his chest.
Maybe that's part of his plan :eplus2:

Collection King 13
11-02-2004, 08:20 PM
That statue of that cover looks great!!! But is it a Diorama?

Here is a pic. http://www.bowendesigns.com/viewImage.php?imagePath=/img/portfolio/9.LokiTriumphantSt.full.jpg

boondocksaint
11-02-2004, 08:25 PM
thats not the same loki face as the bust right?

Collection King 13
11-02-2004, 08:26 PM
thats not the same loki face as the bust right?

Nope!

buzzybean
11-02-2004, 08:35 PM
What story does this statue represent? Is this a recent story in the Thor comic and did Thor wear his classic togs in this story?

Inform me, please...

BB

Devils Drifter
11-02-2004, 08:42 PM
Freaking sweet. I love statues that depict great stories from comics. I looked at this just the other day and was thinking to myself that it would make a great statue. Between this and the full size Galactus I am so amped!!!

Oh and BB, it's from a mini series titled Loki. I browsed through it in a comic book store so I will let someone how has more knowledge on the subject fill you in.

-DD

boondocksaint
11-02-2004, 08:45 PM
anyone have a pic of the comic this came from?

Collection King 13
11-02-2004, 08:47 PM

Its on Page 1

galactus
11-02-2004, 08:47 PM

Look at Croms post #4

boondocksaint
11-02-2004, 08:52 PM
thanks...

Sniper
11-02-2004, 09:32 PM
it's hot , I may regret selling off my spidey diorama

Zurbaran1
11-02-2004, 09:37 PM

This was most likely put up after he left work for the day and Dana does not have access to a computer outside of work. Highly unlikely he has seen this yet.

Kdawg59
11-02-2004, 10:30 PM
When I saw the cover to this comic I thought it was unreal... now Bowen is breaking tradition and having a diorama based on this released.

Wow indeed. Did we see who was the sculptor? I MUST HAVE IT!

Wayne Industries
11-02-2004, 10:34 PM
that is pretty amazing.....not sure on whether I'm picking this up yet but because of budgetary reasons but will have to do something about that... :)

Perna
11-02-2004, 10:55 PM
It's a fantastic re-creation of the cover. Do we know who sculpted it yet?

randy bowen
11-02-2004, 11:44 PM
It was sculpted by the uber-talented Vinnie and Rocco T. They sculpted the piece on spec. and sent me photos out of the blue! BD's agreement with Marvel states that we have the right to produce "statues over 12.1" . This piece qualifies (As does Galactus). The sculpture base will be altered somewhat to facilitate a modular design. It will allow the collector to display the piece with either Loki standing in back of Thor, or in front of him, or seperately. They will be packaged as a set.

Because of it's size and price (around $200 retail) it will be more limited than our usual pieces. Probably 1000 or less edition.

Any thoughts??? :D

-R

ignignokt
11-02-2004, 11:46 PM
Randy-

It's fricken' awesome! More! More!

Crom
11-02-2004, 11:48 PM
It was sculpted by the uber-talented Vinnie and Rocco T. They sculpted the piece on spec. and sent me photos out of the blue! BD's agreement with Marvel states that we have the right to produce "statues over 12.1" . This piece qualifies (As does Galactus). The sculpture base will be altered somewhat to facilitate a modular design. It will allow the collector to display the piece with either Loki standing in back of Thor, or in front of him, or seperately. They will be packaged as a set.

Because of it's size and price (around $200 retail) it will be more limited than our usual pieces. Probably 1000 or less edition.

-R

I think this is a great road to go down. It opens a lot of possibilities, not just straight cover adaptations. I know your core line is about space saving, but I think there is definitely a demand for Bowen-quality larger pieces.

I know you probably can't commit to anything, but this would really open the door for something like Moore's Silver Surfer #4 to be produced.

Also, your price of $200 is a very nice range for something this large and complex.

Kdawg59
11-02-2004, 11:53 PM
I'm in for 1 uncle Randy.

randy bowen
11-02-2004, 11:53 PM
I do hope Clays Surfer/Thor piece comes to fruition somewhere down the road. We talked but could not come to terms on the finacial end of things. It's great piece and deserves to be seen tho'.

ickwinzs
11-02-2004, 11:55 PM
I think this is a great piece and would add it to the room!

Collection King 13
11-02-2004, 11:57 PM
I do hope Clays Surfer/Thor piece comes to fruition somewhere down the road. We talked but could not come to terms on the finacial end of things. It's great piece and deserves to be seen tho'.

I really hope it gets done also... I really like that piece and this it would go great with the Spidey/Venom one! :buttrock:

Crom
11-03-2004, 12:00 AM

Pity, but these things happen.

Can you give any hnts as to what you, yourself, would like to do in this format?

I know you mentioned the Fantastic Four in the famous team-forming scene. You could just put them on a big hill. :D

I can't imagine scale being as important with a format like this as with your core line. If done in a mini-statue scale, but large base, you might be able to do Giant-Size X-Men #1 even. Or better yet, Avengers #4!

Can I assume that only one point of the piece needs to be be 12.1" or higher, not the characters themselves? Could you just put a pillar behnd Lokia at 12.1" tall and that will work?

boondocksaint
11-03-2004, 12:01 AM
i really like it i would get it!

blackjack
11-03-2004, 12:20 AM
I like it so far but I would like some more pics of the statues.

MONSTER
11-03-2004, 12:25 AM

-R

There is just too much cool stuff coming out. Sign me up for this one as well! :thumbs2:

MONSTER
11-03-2004, 12:27 AM

That's too bad. It would be great to have this statue released by Bowen Designs.

The General
11-03-2004, 12:42 AM
It goes without saying that I'm getting this one.

Perna
11-03-2004, 01:02 AM
Rocco and Vinnie did a great job on this. How's their Black Knight and Hercules coming along? :D

buzzybean
11-03-2004, 02:18 AM
Well, I'll be the naysayer and say that I could think of at least 10 other Thor cover dioramas I'd rather see including, SS #4, Defenders #10, Thor 126, 171, 221, 224, 229, etc...

This pose reminds me of The Passion and I only was interested in seeing that once! LOL

BB

TheGreyOne
11-03-2004, 02:24 AM
Very nice piece, I would like to add this one to my small BUT GROWING collection. I also think many a Knight would love to see more cover statues in the future, there are many cool and interesting Marvel covers. Maybe for phase III we could see a few more ???

GreyOne...OUT :D

JetBlackMac
11-03-2004, 02:30 AM
Very cool. :D

bullethole
11-03-2004, 03:00 AM
I love this piece !!!!The mini series got me to start reading Thor again .

chasethedragon
11-03-2004, 05:07 AM
I like this one a lot, but I would have preferred the cover to Loki #3 instead.

DLMEsquire
11-03-2004, 05:24 AM

I'm sorry to hear that Randy! Is there a chance that these were preliminary talks that might come up again in the future? That piece is TOO GOOD to leave on a shelf! :bawling:

Personally, I like Dioramas and I'd like to see more classic scenes in Marvel history!

spider-man
11-03-2004, 06:21 AM
I guess I haven't seen the important question asked yet. Are there going to be more dioramas based on comic covers Randy?

Rome
11-03-2004, 05:51 PM
That is a shame,..as you stated this piece needs to be made. Can we help? a petition perhaps.

matthew smith
11-03-2004, 06:09 PM
is this full size because it looks a bit small when you look at the thumb of the person holding it in the pics???

EXITAR007
11-03-2004, 06:24 PM
if it`s about money how about you raise the price up and we the buyers can fill in the gaps from your amount to his amount speaking for myself i`d pay moore :wink2:

Jerseydevil
10-27-2005, 12:45 PM

-R

Just thought I'd give this a bump now that BD is doing dioramas. I know I'm raising a very old and sometimes irritating issue, what with Thor being in a defeated pose. But this is such a cool sculpt and I don't know if this sculpt will ever be produced by BD or not.

Primal
10-27-2005, 12:50 PM
Let the Honking begin again!

HONK! HONK! :buttrock:

Who started the honking thing again? :laugh:

Pogo4321
10-27-2005, 12:56 PM
Just thought I'd give this a bump now that BD is doing dioramas. I know I'm raising a very old and sometimes irritating issue, what with Thor being in a defeated pose. But this is such a cool sculpt and I don't know if this sculpt will ever be produced by BD or not.

I find it very amusing that people were so against a defeated Thor statue and yet they seem to be all over the "Breaking the Bat" sculpt.

Jameshowlett
10-27-2005, 12:57 PM
I love the picture. Thanks for posting it. I would love to osee the SS/Thor .Anyone know if it got posted somewhere?

Jerseydevil
10-27-2005, 01:04 PM
I love the picture. Thanks for posting it. I would love to osee the SS/Thor. Anyone know if it got posted somewhere?

Yep. I just gave this a bump on the "Other" forum. I was bored, so I figured I'd dredge some things up that people were so vocal and passionate about "back in the day." But all kidding aside, Rocco and Vinnie's Loki/Thor and Clay Moore's Thor and Silver Surfer are astounding pieces. I just wish that BD and Moore could have come to some sort of financial agreement. But obviously they both know what's best for their business and bottom line and clearly you cannot fault them for that.

kirthew
10-27-2005, 01:15 PM
What does the Surfer/Thor statue look like?

Logan
10-27-2005, 01:32 PM
What the hell are you guys talking about? I don't see any pics!?!

ant-man
10-27-2005, 01:40 PM
what pics...i cant see any..can someone be nice enough to post them?

DEAD_MAN
10-27-2005, 01:49 PM
Randy I thought this was a No Go last year what made it possible Now?

DDura711
10-27-2005, 01:51 PM
Randy I thought this was a No Go last year what made it possible Now?
Last time I checked with Rocco no one picked it up yet and he was still shopping it around to get made. I'd love for Randy to produce it now.

mikeyb
10-27-2005, 02:05 PM
I find it very amusing that people were so against a defeated Thor statue and yet they seem to be all over the "Breaking the Bat" sculpt.

thats cos im cool... and i paid people to like the breakin the bat piece..... :laugh:

Wolverine1
10-27-2005, 02:10 PM
I would buy this Loki. That would be great.

Jerseydevil
10-27-2005, 02:10 PM
what pics...i cant see any..can someone be nice enough to post them?

These are some old pics I found on the other thread. I think there were more of the Silver Surfer. I couldn't find them, however.

wktf
10-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Yeah, there are Surfer pics somewhere. I'll see if I can find them. My avatar is this Thor sculpt.

DEAD_MAN
10-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Last time I checked with Rocco no one picked it up yet and he was still shopping it around to get made. I'd love for Randy to produce it now.
Randy metioned this piece From Vinne and Rocco early last year in his old forum.

wktf
10-27-2005, 02:18 PM
Yeah, there are Surfer pics somewhere. I'll see if I can find them. My avatar is this Thor sculpt.
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=6192

Here are the Surfer pics. There's a thread with this painted but I can't find it.

DDura711
10-27-2005, 02:59 PM
Randy metioned this piece From Vinne and Rocco early last year in his old forum.
I know that. I remember them when they came out and were posted on the Bowen site as a preview. But then Randy counldn't put the piece out and Rocco & Vinnie have been trying to still get it made. Last time I spoke with them both that and the Thundercats busts they did are on hold.

rychehitman
10-27-2005, 04:03 PM
Where did Randy go? We need more info, please! = )

Awesome price point! Not to be all fanboy or anything, but i would seriously buy 2 of these for me, and probably one as a gift!

It needs to be in a Bowen box on my doorstep in 2006!

Jerseydevil
01-19-2006, 12:41 AM
After seeing the update on Rocco and Vinnie's website, I just thought I'd give this piece a bump.

Again.

Man, will somebody please manufacture this *$%!#@& sculpt?! I know there's been some excitement over Clay's Thor and Surfer sculpt. But just like that particular piece, this one also deserves to be made for the masses. Somebody please make it so.

Mods-- If you think this needs to be moved to another forum, by all means please do so. It's just that this thing has been buried in BD's forum for some time now. Thanks! :)

Vader
01-19-2006, 12:52 AM
Did I miss this? When did RB decide to pick up this diorama with thor and loki???

bat_collector
01-19-2006, 12:59 AM
Did I miss this? When did RB decide to pick up this diorama with thor and loki???
NO, we ALL missed it. :banghead:

It feel through almost immediately after randy posted the sneek peak pics. Never sure why or how.

MONSTER
01-19-2006, 01:00 AM
I still want it!!!

ickwinzs
01-19-2006, 01:04 AM
I fell Through because some people couldn't stand to see Thor's ass kicked, so Randy took in all the negative feedback from that and decided to pass on it

Zurbaran1
01-19-2006, 01:05 AM

No you got it backwards. Bowen was going to do it. I think he even announced the ES and then he decided not to. Some folks, a very small but I guess vocal minority, were going on about a defeated Thor. Pretty sad because this is one fantastic scult and does deserve to see the light of day. Oh well, maybe Sideshow will do a Thor v Loki.

hoofs
01-19-2006, 01:06 AM

-R
I am all for it,this piece would look great cant wait :buttrock: :buttrock:

ickwinzs
No you got it backwards. Bowen was going to do it. I think he even announced the ES and then he decided not to. Some folks, a very small but I guess vocal minority, were going on about a defeated Thor. Pretty sad because this is one fantastic scult and does deserve to see the light of day. Oh well, maybe Sideshow will do a Thor v Loki.
Yeah , what I said :banghead: :laugh:

boondocksaint

are you serious? thats why he decided not to do it? thats too funny

bat_collector
01-19-2006, 01:10 AM
It ain't funny, its sad. I think three idiots were the only ones who complained about it. If you remember, once randy announced he wasn't going to do it a FLOOD of support came its way, to no avail. :banghead:

Remember the phrase: "HONK if you want the Thor Loki statue produced"?

Zurbaran1
01-19-2006, 01:14 AM
Yeah , what I said :banghead: :laugh:

Well I would have said it first but you had a lot less to type. :laugh:

Zurbaran1
01-19-2006, 01:15 AM
Remember the phrase: "HONK if you want the Thor Loki statue produced"?

Yeah, I do. I made it up. :)

Zurbaran1
01-19-2006, 01:15 AM
are you serious? thats why he decided not to do it? thats too funny

no joke

Zurbaran1
01-19-2006, 01:17 AM
I am all for it,this piece would look great cant wait :buttrock: :buttrock:

hoofs read some of the posts around yours. Unfortunately you posted Randy's comments that were made before he changed his mind and canceled the piece. It's not gonna happen. This is all well over a year old now.

MONSTER
01-19-2006, 01:34 AM
Maybe its time to start HONKING again.

daveyyojimbo
01-19-2006, 01:44 AM
What are you guys going on about? I can't find anything on Bowen's site. Someone post another picture please.

daveyyojimbo
01-19-2006, 01:50 AM
Help?!? Someone?!?

daveyyojimbo
01-19-2006, 01:56 AM
Are these FS pieces?? Where are the pictures?? This is deeply frustrating....

daveyyojimbo
01-19-2006, 02:18 AM
OK, never mind. didn't realize this was an old defeated project. would've been sweet... :(

claws181
01-19-2006, 02:46 AM
Maybe its time to start HONKING again.
:laugh: :laugh:

risingstar
01-19-2006, 02:54 AM
This is a stunning statue.
I would buy 2.

http://tinypic.com/m7uxqb.jpg

http://tinypic.com/m7uxk6.jpg

claws181
01-19-2006, 02:55 AM
HOLY ****!!!
Who made this!?!

MASTERSHOKHAN
01-19-2006, 05:43 AM
Rocco scupted it. Marvel didn't like the " defeated hero look, " if I remmeber correct.

Bullseye
01-19-2006, 07:39 AM
Rocco scupted it. Marvel didn't like the " defeated hero look, " if I remmeber correct.

Funny how they like it for their comics but not for their statues. :)

Jerseydevil
01-19-2006, 09:30 AM
Would somebody be interested in posting a poll for this? Or would it be futile to even do so? I cannot believe that with all this interest in this gorgeous sculpt that a vocal minority could shout it down. And since Randy is doing a Spidey/Venom "diorama" consisting of two statues, perhaps this might still be a possibility. And Randy, if you read this, what think ye?

Zurbaran1
01-19-2006, 09:35 AM
Would somebody be interested in posting a poll for this? Or would it be futile to even do so? I cannot believe that with all this interest in this gorgeous sculpt that a vocal minority could shout it down. And since Randy is doing a Spidey/Venom "diorama" consisting of two statues, perhaps this might still be a possibility. And Randy, if you read this, what think ye?

I don't see the point jersey. We've been there. The response was overwhelmingly in favor of the piece and things did get pretty heated. It would probably be another exercise in futility.

Zurbaran1
01-19-2006, 09:39 AM

What Bullseye said. It's the cover of one of their books. It wasn't Marvel that didn't like the defeated look but a few vocal reasons. Randy decided not to do it for his own reasons which I think he never really chose to discuss.

Juggernaut
01-19-2006, 10:23 AM
Are there an ypics of this Thor/Loki diorama this is new to me?

Zurbaran1
01-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Are there an ypics of this Thor/Loki diorama this is new to me?

:banghead: What, the picture in post #87 is not big enough? :laugh:

Juggernaut
01-19-2006, 10:28 AM
:banghead: What, the picture in post #87 is not big enough? :laugh:

Somehow I missed that pic, thanks.

Its awesome I would buy it.

Primal
11-19-2006, 10:42 PM
Honk............honk. :bawling: :bawling:

sketch515
11-20-2006, 04:53 PM
where did randy say or anyone post anything about the loki vs thor statue? i have been offline a few days can someone hook me up with a link?

sketch515 - There is nothing to report. This is a dead subject. Randy informed us - over a year ago - that this diorama was not going to be produced by Bowen Designs.