PDA

View Full Version : Kermit the Frog Photo Puppet by Master Replicas

kyleg
04-01-2006, 10:16 AM
Kermit the Frog Photo Puppet by Master Replicas

http://masterreplicas.com/customer/showcase/showcase_product_detail.php?pid=8611

leks
04-01-2006, 10:30 AM
Not something I will be buying but I have to say it sure does look like him, good work.

Skulpturen
04-03-2006, 05:13 AM
Very cool! :buttrock:

Now they should do a Gelfling Jen puppet... :laugh:

Comicboy
04-03-2006, 06:20 AM
Now this could be a cool line. They have to do Animal! It's not easy being green but for $200 you can sure give it a shot. :laugh:

Skulpturen
04-03-2006, 06:30 AM
Indeed, the price is good IMO :buttrock:

Comicboy
04-03-2006, 06:34 AM
I think so too. Fully articulated and it's Kermit. :D 2500 is a good ES, I'd think it will sell well.

Skulpturen
04-03-2006, 06:48 AM
If this were by CINEMAQUETTE the price would be around $ 1500.- :laugh:

YakFace
04-03-2006, 07:16 AM
Not something I'll be buying, but it looks very nice.

cap70
04-03-2006, 07:29 AM
I will be getting this thing. Always liked Kermit :)

Babytoxie
04-03-2006, 09:57 AM
That's worth the price.

bane
04-03-2006, 11:24 AM
Now this could be a cool line. They have to do Animal! It's not easy being green but for $200 you can sure give it a shot. :laugh:

That's what I was thinking , Do an Animal version and I'll buy it , always been my favorite muppet .

FlyAndFight
04-03-2006, 04:01 PM
$200 for a stuffed animal?! Ok, it's got wires attached to it's arms so you can have "full articulation" ;) but two hundred bucks?...

Ish
04-03-2006, 04:22 PM
i don't see myself buying this.

DDura711
04-03-2006, 05:24 PM
i don't see myself buying this.
DRod already told us you have it on order so don't lie. :laugh:
I know you want that Kermit.
But you know, if it was cheaper I'd get it myself. HELL! I grew up watching the Muppets but I don't need a $200 stuffed Kermit like ISH does.

elwood49
04-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Wow, insanely good price on this. I won't be buying, but it's extremely well made. $149 shipped with the coupon is unreal.

For those who say this is priced too high, I saw an estimate on the RPF where someone asked a member to make some more Muppets to go with this one. The maker quoted him $1,500-$2,500 per puppet. Of course that includes a slot where you can put your hand inside to move the puppet (the MR version doesn't have that), but it's still a decent comparison.

I bet a ton of people will mod their Kermit to add the hand slot.

Ghost
04-03-2006, 09:42 PM
I'm pretty sure I'd get this if they continue to make them. I'd really like an Animal, Gonzo, Fozzie and maybe some others if they're done just as well. I wish it had the hand slot cause that would rock. But like they said it could be modded but I wouldn't know how to go about that so I'd prolly gut Kermit. Anyways Elwood, how can you get this $150 shipped? Otherwise I'd wait to see this at a dealer!

elwood49
04-03-2006, 09:58 PM
I'm pretty sure I'd get this if they continue to make them. I'd really like an Animal, Gonzo, Fozzie and maybe some others if they're done just as well. I wish it had the hand slot cause that would rock. But like they said it could be modded but I wouldn't know how to go about that so I'd prolly gut Kermit. Anyways Elwood, how can you get this $150 shipped? Otherwise I'd wait to see this at a dealer!

If you join the Collectors Society for $59.95, they give you $300 worth of coupons. One of them is $50 off any Disney item.

You can sell the free mini-saber they give you for about $60 once these start to ship. The free mini-saber from last year already goes for over $100 on Ebay.

Go here and add it to your cart to join:

http://masterreplicas.com/customer/starwars/starwars_product_list.php?cid=10

You get:
A handsome enrollment kit featuring:

A Collectors Society Edition: Mace Windu Lightsaber Scaled Replica (this brand new version of Master Windu's lightsaber features an elegant matte finish, and is only available to members of the Collectors Society!)

A personalized Membership Card and ID Number

An Exclusive 2006 Collectors Society Collectible Pin

* The chance to purchase Collectors Society Exclusives - including the Elite Edition replicas, which are ONLY available to members of the Collectors Society

* $300 worth in coupons including:
One $100 credit toward the purchase of a Studio Scale Replica

One $50 credit toward the purchase of a Limited Edition Disney Replica (Pirates of the Caribbean, Muppets, Narnia)

One $50 credit toward a Limited Edition Star Wars Replica or Helmet(sorry, not redeemable on Elite Editions)

One $30 credit toward a Force FX Lightsaber

Two $10 credits toward a Star Wars or Disney Scaled Replica

One $25 credit toward any Marvel Item

One $25 credit toward any non-Disney, non-Star Wars, or non-Marvel product

* Advance purchase on Master Replicas releases
* Quarterly editions of the exclusive Replica Report, featuring exclusive content
* Exclusive contests with the chance to win prototypes and Artist Proofs
* Special offers, discounts, & invitations

It's definitely worth it if you ever buy anything from MR.

cap70
04-03-2006, 11:02 PM
Wow, insanely good price on this. I won't be buying, but it's extremely well made. $149 shipped with the coupon is unreal.

For those who say this is priced too high, I saw an estimate on the RPF where someone asked a member to make some more Muppets to go with this one. The maker quoted him $1,500-$2,500 per puppet. Of course that includes a slot where you can put your hand inside to move the puppet (the MR version doesn't have that), but it's still a decent comparison.

I bet a ton of people will mod their Kermit to add the hand slot.

Exactly. And at $149 shipped,isn't exspensive at all for what it is/represents.

Synergy
04-03-2006, 11:43 PM
Thats a great deal for a membership

Ghost
04-04-2006, 01:59 AM
That is pretty sweet. I haven't seen much of what MR has that I'd want, but they are doing a Rocketeer statue that Howard Studios was working on correct? I think I might join then...

Exar Kun
04-04-2006, 06:17 AM
Good for you folks in the States, in EU, this advantage is lost with shipping cost and customs :banghead:

cap70
04-04-2006, 12:13 PM
Good for you folks in the States, in EU, this advantage is lost with shipping cost and customs :banghead:

Uese the "gift" trick, never fails!! ;) :laugh: