PDA

View Full Version : New X-Boxers

Jesse321
04-03-2006, 01:40 AM
Okay, so for MONTHS now, I've been hearing Derek and Romaine RAVE about X-Box on Sirius Out Q, so my partner and I desided to bite the bullet today and we bought an X-Box 360 to go with our new plasma TV. We also bought a bunch of games to play.

I now understand 2 things:

1) Eric and I have ABSOLUTELY no ****ing idea how the hell to play these games or what the hell we're doing! :laugh:

2) I haven't had that much fun since I was 15 and going to the Fun-A-Rama at the Westland Mall with a pocket full of quarters to play video games! Man this thing is ADDICTIVE!! :buttrock:

We were playing Perfect Dark Zero for 3 hours! If tomorrow wasn't a work day, we'd be playing all night! We also got Oblivion, Halo 2 and some Chunthu game, but haven't played them yet.

Does anyone know if Legends (X-Men 2) will play on a 360 system?

Are there any other games available for 360 that we should pick up?

Sgt Taz
04-03-2006, 02:48 AM
Call of duty 2 & Ghost recon wich is especialy great in multiplayer. Cod2 aswel but the single player also rules while I was a little disapointed in G.r.a.w.'s singleplayer.

ps: 3hrs is nothing, you should see me play oblivion :buttrock:

Sam Wilson
04-03-2006, 09:05 AM
j, pick up dead or alive 4, then wktf's teenage son and you and me can whup on each other... :D

cblakey1
04-03-2006, 09:08 AM

Dead or Alive 4 definitely.

fossa
04-03-2006, 09:22 AM
better get yourself some Strategy Guides!

Jesse321
04-03-2006, 01:41 PM
ps: 3hrs is nothing, you should see me play oblivion :buttrock:I forgot, Eric bought that one too.

j, pick up dead or alive 4, then wktf's teenage son and you and me can whup on each other... :DYou mean the two of you can whup on me .. I'm just learning this stuff! :laugh:

Sgt Taz
04-03-2006, 02:03 PM
I have doa4...think it sux big time though. Graphics rule! Characters rule! Envoirments rule! The fact that Ryu Hayabusa and the masterchief (although female and way to big) are in it + the halo level rules! Gameplay (wich is the main factor imo for a fighting game) sux! To much of a button masher. Ok there is some "gameplay" to it, but far from enough imo. I'm more of a Tekken & Soulcalibur kind of guy where you have to actualy reverse an attack ---> read: do the reverse move when the attack is almost going to impact you. Not like doa4 where you do the reverse move and hope your oponent attacks you since you have to do it BEFORE an attack is launched, making it a "luck" move. Takes so much gameplay away. Soulcalibur rulez! Tekken also but only Tekken3 & Tekken tag, they ****ed up after that imo.
Hope Tekken on PS3 is more like Tekken3...

Just my 2 cents.

cblakey1
04-03-2006, 02:15 PM
I have doa4...think it sux big time though. Graphics rule! Characters rule! Envoirments rule! The fact that Ryu Hayabusa and the masterchief (although female and way to big) are in it + the halo level rules! Gameplay (wich is the main factor imo for a fighting game) sux! To much of a button masher. Ok there is some "gameplay" to it, but far from enough imo. I'm more of a Tekken & Soulcalibur kind of guy where you have to actualy reverse an attack ---> read: do the reverse move when the attack is almost going to impact you. Not like doa4 where you do the reverse move and hope your oponent attacks you since you have to do it BEFORE an attack is launched, making it a "luck" move. Takes so much gameplay away. Soulcalibur rulez! Tekken also but only Tekken3 & Tekken tag, they ****ed up after that imo.
Hope Tekken on PS3 is more like Tekken3...

Just my 2 cents.

I'm a big fan of it on XBOX and fighters in general, so I'm just reccomending it. You could say that all fighters are pretty much button mashers, although mastering the combos requires a bit of button-mashing expertise. :buttrock:

kirthew
04-03-2006, 03:21 PM
I love my 360... It completes me... Spent 3 hours last night running thief's guild quests in Oblivion... I have spent about 17 hours in the game now... finally reached level 10... after 10 hours figured out how to actually grind levels... so now I just jump as I walk... :)

Sgt Taz
04-03-2006, 10:34 PM
I'm a big fan of it on XBOX and fighters in general, so I'm just reccomending it. You could say that all fighters are pretty much button mashers, although mastering the combos requires a bit of button-mashing expertise. :buttrock:Whaaa!! Take those words back :eek: Not all fighters are button mashers, by far! Tekken and Soulcalibur are ALL about the gameplay, thats what I LOVE about them. You play a 100 matches of Soulcalibur against me and button mash all 100 of them, I GUARANTEE you not only will you not win ONE MATCH, but you wont even win ONE ROUND. Button mashing is out of the question. Sure if 2 noobs play against each other they could button mash, but thats not what the game is about. While in doa4 that is more the case. I'm sorry but I'm very fanatic about this (and games in general) :D

Uselessfew
04-03-2006, 11:50 PM
Does anyone know if Legends (X-Men 2) will play on a 360 system?

Backwards Compatability(XB games you can play on XB360) lists are updated every now an again on the net. Check the Official XBox sites or ign.com for updates!

I've got Quake4, Full Auto, PGR, and as of today Ghost Recon!

kirthew
04-04-2006, 12:12 PM
Oh just for fun and eye candy... pick up Burnout... will just highlight how awsome the graphic capabilities are on the 360...

Sgt Taz
04-04-2006, 01:26 PM
Oh just for fun and eye candy... pick up Burnout... will just highlight how awsome the graphic capabilities are on the 360...
Are you kidding? Burnout on 360 looks almost the same as on the old xbox. Its a disgrace actualy. If you want eye candy get Ghost recon and check out some of the multiplayer maps like desert gulch, fishing village, nowhere, rocky cove...

cblakey1
04-04-2006, 01:31 PM
Backwards Compatability(XB games you can play on XB360) lists are updated every now an again on the net.
:eek: You mean they're not all backward compatible? :eek:

kirthew
04-04-2006, 01:37 PM
:eek: You mean they're not all backward compatible? :eek:

Nope... Almost all current EA games are not backward compatible... there is only a list of like 200 games on the backward compatible list...

kirthew
04-04-2006, 01:38 PM
Are you kidding? Burnout on 360 looks almost the same as on the old xbox. Its a disgrace actualy. If you want eye candy get Ghost recon and check out some of the multiplayer maps like desert gulch, fishing village, nowhere, rocky cove...

Never played the original Burnout on any system... to me it looks purdy...

cblakey1
04-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Nope... Almost all current EA games are not backward compatible... there is only a list of like 200 games on the backward compatible list...

What? No Kakuto Chojin or Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus?! :bawling:

cap70
04-04-2006, 05:03 PM
Is Far Cry IP out already ??

Neomotion
04-05-2006, 06:57 AM
Yeah, it is out.

Taz: if you are a real fighting fan, pick up Virtua fighter 4 today! The most insane fighter of them all. Big Soul Calibur fan (have multiple copies for multiple consoles), but Virtua Fighter is the coolest of them all. Combo's, combo's and oh, did i mention combo's?

Jamesways
04-05-2006, 12:44 PM
VF4 Evo was my favorite fighting game on the ps2.

I bought an 360 specifically for Fight Night. I am nuts about boxing games. Awesome awesome game. I've created 18 boxers already, Lewis, Tyson, Klitschko, Mayweather, Liston, Mayorga, etc...

I also have PGR3, GRAW, and just picked up Tiger Woods. Fun games.
PGR3 is a fantastic game if you like racing games.

P.S. if anybody wants any CABS for Fight Night, let me know. I have pics and formulas uploaded on photobucket.

Sgt Taz
04-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Yeah, it is out.

Taz: if you are a real fighting fan, pick up Virtua fighter 4 today! The most insane fighter of them all. Big Soul Calibur fan (have multiple copies for multiple consoles), but Virtua Fighter is the coolest of them all. Combo's, combo's and oh, did i mention combo's?Thats only on ps2 right?
I dont own a ps2 anymore...just an xbox, xbox360, a gamecube, a dreamcast and a neo geo :buttrock: I loaned a ps2 though to play Metal gear 3 & Contra, AWESOME games btw.

You can compare virtua fighter most to tekken right? Virtua fighter 5 looks the bomb. Hope they release a next gen Soul calibur soon :buttrock:
With online play so I can kick all your arses :D