PDA

View Full Version : can someone tell me if this attakus Fett is damaged?

iansilv
04-04-2006, 03:04 PM
I am considering buying this piece, and the buyer sent me these detailed pictures of the antenna piece. I thought it looked bent to me initially, he assures me that this is the way the piece comes from the manufacturer. Can anyone confirm this:

Zurbaran1
04-04-2006, 03:42 PM
I'm not familiar with the piece so I can't tell you. It isn't bent on the Gentle Giant bust for what that's worth. However, if it isn't supposed to be bent and that's the only issue with the statue it wouldn't stop me from buying it. A little mild heat gently applied and you should be able to carefully straighten it out quite easily.

Saturday_Knight_Surfer
04-04-2006, 03:54 PM
Take a look.

Wooktroop
04-04-2006, 03:57 PM
looks bent, but its metal so just bend it back

http://mintinbox.net/data_base/attakus/attakus_bobafett

http://www.rebelscum.com/Attakusboba.asp

Zurbaran1
04-04-2006, 03:59 PM
From that picture it doesn't look like it should be bent. I didn't realize it was metal. In that case it's even easier to straighten out.

Wooktroop
04-04-2006, 04:01 PM
it might be resin (which also can be bent back with heat), i forget. but i can see it being a factory defect and not being mishandled.

cap70
04-04-2006, 04:03 PM
Nope, isn't broken. The antena is made by a flexible pewter/metal, so you can adjust it to your tastes. VERY, very easy to move, adjust and straight it up.

Zurbaran1
04-04-2006, 04:04 PM
it might be resin (which also can be bent back with heat), i forget. but i can see it being a factory defect and not being mishandled.

True. It could of also happened when they jammed it into that little pocket it is stored in.

cap70
04-04-2006, 04:06 PM

Isn't resin, it's pewter or some metal that "feels" like pewter. Almost a wire feeling. VERY easy to bend back and forth. I had 2 Attakus Bobas. I know. ;)

Jamesways
04-04-2006, 04:12 PM
Yep, me too, had two of them now. Very soft metal material. you can easily bend it or bend it back into shape. The good thing is that if you do straighten it with a firm edge, like a book, it leaves no trace of being bent. So rest assured, if you are eager to get that one, don't let that bother you.