PDA

View Full Version : Gargoyle by RB

randy bowen
04-19-2006, 12:06 PM
I'd like to produce this, but I'm thinking of changing some details on it, so that I would not need to go through Disney. If this were the case; would you pass on it?

A) I would only buy as is (resembling the Disney cartoon)

B) Sure, I would buy it as long as it had the same pose, with a few minor costume changes.

C) I ain't interested either way.

I looked at some of the details with regard to Disney licensing , and to me it would probably be a deal breaker on this limited interest item.

Other details: The piece is pretty huge, and would retail at around $170.

Thoughts?

Mods; a poll please?

Primal
04-19-2006, 12:10 PM
I think I'd be a bit adverse to buying it if it didnt represent the character as he looked in the cartoon. But I guess it depends on the final product.

hungrydaddy
04-19-2006, 12:10 PM
I would be interested if it was a little different and a similar pose. Especially for around $170-175.

kal-el
04-19-2006, 12:11 PM
Only if it's The Gargoyle from the Defenders otherwise nope

ZKULPTOR
04-19-2006, 12:12 PM
I would buy it either way Randy, I think it's a cool sculpt, plus I love gargoyles.

whd
04-19-2006, 12:17 PM
As incredible as this sculpt is, the less it looks like the Goliath character, the less likely I'd be to purchase it. I can definitely understand why the licensing contract would be prohibitive, though.

MaxGoof
04-19-2006, 12:18 PM
It doesn't really look exactly like Goliath from Gargoyles as it is. It could probably pass for an original gargoyle now.

bat_collector
04-19-2006, 12:19 PM
Sorry no interest in this license.

Ink
04-19-2006, 12:20 PM
as is, for me

Jesse321
04-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Either or ... I love the statue as it is, but I think that Randy and company can do some SERIOUS justice to these great characters!

Count me in for the full run either way.

patrickwm68
04-19-2006, 12:35 PM
If it looks even better with the changes than I'll definitely get one.

Daywalker
04-19-2006, 12:36 PM
i would def buy it as is right now - as far as changes go i would have to see the final product then decide

jimi311
04-19-2006, 12:46 PM
I am down. I too don't think it looks much like Goliath now anyway. I just love the pose and the wings!! I'd love an Angel statue like this!!

DarthBane99
04-19-2006, 01:06 PM
I like the pose alot, but I would personally prefer closer to the cartoon depiction. I think as-is its a cool statue, but I only see Bowen fans really picking this up. I think if Randy wants to get more bang for his buck, a statue looking more like the cartoon would sell ALOT more. I just cant see a ton of the rabid Gargoyles fan base buying a statue that doesnt really resemble the Goliath they know all too well. I think it would be alot easier to snag non-statue buying Gargoyles fanatics with a statue that looked like it was torn from the show........than one is "inspired" by the show. I'm not knocking the current design as bad or crap - I just think it wouldnt be the more profitable way to go.

Catering to several hundred Bowen fans vs the thousands of Gargoyles fans who go to the convention each year, write fanfics, etc etc. Since I dont know if there are alot of Gargoyles fans on these boards, so I dont know if you know how crazy the fanbase is - Disney for years held off putting any of their countless TV programs on DVD cuz they didnt think the market was there. Plenty of fans wrote in to petition a DVD, and Disney realized there must be some market, as its the only one of their TV shows that has its own dedicated convention. Gargoyles was the first Disney TV series to be put on DVD - way before older shows like DuckTales, Chip n Dale, etc came out.

Saturday_Knight_Surfer
04-19-2006, 01:12 PM
Interested.

SirConor
04-19-2006, 01:23 PM
I think its a really cool sculpt but I think I'd ultimately pass on it since the only statues I collect are Marvel related. I'm relatively adverse to buying single pieces in different lines (like Star Wars, LOTR, or in this case... Gargoyles) because I don't feel they really display well when mixed in with the rest of my comic stuff and I don't really care to display any of these things by themselves. Thats just my personal taste though.

Cool piece though, no doubt.

cblakey1
04-19-2006, 01:54 PM
:buttrock:

Devils Drifter
04-19-2006, 02:12 PM
I would be down for this in any incarnation.

- DD

tuv1305
04-19-2006, 02:34 PM
I'd buy it either way, but I'd really like to have the original one that's been the topic of discussion for the last couple of days

overkill
04-19-2006, 03:24 PM
#1 : it has to have those wings.
#2 : Forget about a poll, anyone that wants one should commit to it now and maybe give some kind of deposit.
#3: If 100 people commit then make 100 statues. The more the merrier. Im sure it doesnt matter how many you sell if there are no contract issues. In reality it would be a generic gargoyle.
#4: Make it more evil

Im in, now where do I send my money

Juggernaut
04-19-2006, 03:46 PM
I would buy it as it is now.

If that is not possible, then a few costume changes is okay. As long as it keeps the pose.

Will this only be on sale at the BS website?

Can you sell it to International customers?

lord odin
04-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Sorry no interest in this license.
Ditto

the Hammer
04-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Having never seen the cartoon I wouldn't be one of those disappointed if there were changes made, BUT I would buy this in a second, I think it looks fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! :buttrock: :buttrock:

mfrancoiii
04-19-2006, 05:20 PM
i would buy it no matter what, i just want to see it released.

Virsago
04-19-2006, 05:21 PM
i would buy it no matter what, i just want to see it released.
Ditto.

Tattoo-X
04-19-2006, 05:24 PM
Can't really vote on this POLL.
I would definately get the Disney version you already did Randy.
Might get it with a few changes. Would have to see it first.

Who's who
04-19-2006, 06:39 PM
Make it a Marvel hero or otherwise that closely resembles this figure.

Jerseydevil
04-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Show me where to stand in line so I can plunk down my money. If you have to tweak it slightly, then so be it. The pose and the wings are spectacular.

boobhound
04-19-2006, 06:47 PM
No for me, anything that may take away time from mini busts and statues is a bad thing, imo!

Tattoo-X
04-19-2006, 06:54 PM
This is a great looking statue.
Just thought I'd share pics for those that are not familiar with the cartoon, character, and/or sculpt.
http://i3.tinypic.com/vyl07o.jpg
http://i3.tinypic.com/vyl0k1.jpg

Tattoo-X
04-19-2006, 06:56 PM
No for me, anything that may take away time from mini busts and statues is a bad thing, imo!
Randy throws out some non-Marvel pieces each year.
This one would be great.
It's basically already done, so not much time lose here.

JavOner
04-19-2006, 06:58 PM
I'm only interested in marvel comics characters. Anything else i'm not getting.

Juggernaut
04-19-2006, 07:00 PM

How can this take time away from statues, when this is a statue? :)

boobhound
04-19-2006, 07:03 PM
How can this take time away from statues, when this is a statue? :)
You know how I mean't it.................from MARVEL ,mini busts and statues :laugh: :laugh:

rxj71
04-19-2006, 07:06 PM
I LOVE this statue. I would buy this on the spot. Regarding changes, I would have to see how it looks afterwards - but this statue as it is, is gorgeous.

Juggernaut
04-19-2006, 07:11 PM
You know how I mean't it.................from MARVEL ,mini busts and statues :laugh: :laugh:

I know. :laugh:

bomen
04-19-2006, 07:36 PM
Only if it's The Gargoyle from the Defenders otherwise nope

ditto

toyzplz
04-19-2006, 08:41 PM
What kind of changes are we looking at? I'm in either way. Even if the Disney license raised the price a little bit to cover it, I'd still be in. Along with others I know!

vp1940
04-19-2006, 10:54 PM
Admittedly, I'm an enormous Gargoyles fan, and in fact do plan to have several characters done in a realistic style in the not too distant future as discreet statues. I've always been a fan of this piece, I remember thinking a few years back that it was a study maquette for a Gargoyles Live action movie in fact, so I've always been dying to get a cast of it.

That said, it's much more "rough" and sinister looking than I would prefer for the character, but ultimately I'd buy it in any incarnation knowing what it "really" was behind the alterations. Also as others have pointed out, his clothing and character design is already radically different from the Gargoyles Canon design, so I'm not sure what alterations you'd be making. But yes, I'd be in for one, definately.

hillis3
04-19-2006, 11:19 PM
I would buy this. I is too good of a sculpt to pass up.

C. Bormann
04-20-2006, 01:44 AM
I would definately buy it as is. As long as it's in the $170 range.

I would have to wait and see the changes to offer any other opinions.

What kind of edition size would you aim for? 500? 1000? What would be your cap on a piece like this?

Tattoo-X
04-20-2006, 08:53 AM
I'd love to have one of these.
And a Cube Base Sasquatch.
And a Spider-Woman II bust.
And, and, I'll stop here. :eplus2:

randy bowen
04-20-2006, 08:57 AM
I would definately buy it as is. As long as it's in the $170 range.

I would have to wait and see the changes to offer any other opinions.

What kind of edition size would you aim for? 500? 1000? What would be your cap on a piece like this?

500! I can't see selling more than that.

the Hammer
04-20-2006, 09:11 AM

Randy, please do this, it's fantastic!!! And so different from most of the Marvel stuff that it almost becomes the centerpiece of a collection, in a way very similar to Death Dealer. Go for it, 500 would sell easily!!

tuv1305
04-20-2006, 09:34 AM
I know of at least four people besides myself who don't post on this board but want one of these having seen the pics now. Please, Please make this statue!

Devils Drifter
04-20-2006, 09:56 AM
Please give enough notice, this is going to go fast!!!

Collection King 13
04-20-2006, 10:00 AM
Thats way too low... go for an even 1000... :buttrock:

rxj71
04-20-2006, 10:03 AM
If this is modified, and a license from Disney will not be necessary, can international buyers order it?

Jack8022
04-20-2006, 10:27 AM
It looks cool but I'm trying to stick with Marvel pieces only.

DEAD_MAN
04-20-2006, 12:19 PM
I'd like to produce this, but I'm thinking of changing some details on it, so that I would not need to go through Disney. If this were the case; would you pass on it?

A) I would only buy as is (resembling the Disney cartoon)

B) Sure, I would buy it as long as it had the same pose, with a few minor costume changes.

C) I ain't interested either way.

I looked at some of the details with regard to Disney licensing , and to me it would probably be a deal breaker on this limited interest item.

Other details: The piece is pretty huge, and would retail at around $170.

Thoughts?

Mods; a poll please?
I would Buy it as is or any modifications you do as long as I get one,
but please Randy what ever you do keep us posted I want one.

If Disney approves and it will be a deal breaker for you make it 1000,
and if they advertise it also and it sell's out quick
then you know you got a new line Of Disney Gargoyle's to do.
(wich I hope is the case for you)
So tweak it to look exactlly like the Disney charcther
and it will be a fast sell out.

But if Disney doe's not approve,(better for me so I can order it faster :eplus2: )
Do what you have to do to produce 500 it will still sell out,

etheir way you can't lose.
So voteing A or B would be the same for me.

No matter the out come Im there for One. :buttrock:

DEAD_MAN
04-20-2006, 12:43 PM
Put 500 up for order now as a Bowen Exclusive anyone can order.
I bet it well be sold out in a week.
But the catch is you put it up for order right now :eplus2:

toyzplz
04-20-2006, 01:51 PM
500 will sell out faster than you can blink Randy. It won't make it to Diamond for Previews. It'll be gone from your website.

Then you can make a "Stone" variant! (I'm kidding! Really!)

Tattoo-X
04-20-2006, 06:02 PM
:laugh: Are you considering Gargoyle fans and Disney fans?
And just the plain fact that it looks awesome?
I was thinking yesterday you might say this. And that 500 would be gone in a heartbeat just from those damn flippers, and someone like me that truely wants one would miss out again. :banghead:
1,000 would also be a quick sell out.

Jesse321
04-20-2006, 06:06 PM
Randy .. I have to agree with Tat and CK here, I think that 500 is really underestimating this piece and any future pieces you might consider.

I would say 1000 is a more reasonable number, at the very least 750.

But I think if you get in contact with the people at "The Gathering" website and ask them to announce the piece there (which I'm sure they would) you would sell out in a heartbeat.

Juggernaut
04-20-2006, 06:25 PM

500 would sell easily, Also because of the Flipper factor.

I would buy one for my collection.

ABE
04-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Guys,
I've seen this statue in person and it is .......well, lets just say, that it will blow you away. The pictures do not do it justice. I would get it in a second. It is massive and the detail is incredible. Absolutely and positively a beautiful sculpt....put me down for 2 Randy :buttrock:

Jerseydevil
04-20-2006, 10:09 PM
Guys,
I've seen this statue in person and it is .......well, lets just say, that it will blow you away. The pictures do not do it justice. I would get it in a second. It is massive and the detail is incredible. Absolutely and positively a beautiful sculpt....put me down for 2 Randy :buttrock:
You lucky S.O.B.! You saw this in person? I'm jealous. I really hope this makes it to production. What a spectacular sculpt. And I'm with you guys on this: I think 500 pieces would sell out fast.

Juggernaut
04-21-2006, 06:53 AM
Randy .. I have to agree with Tat and CK here, I think that 500 is really underestimating this piece and any future pieces you might consider.

But I think if you get in contact with the people at "The Gathering" website and ask them to announce the piece there (which I'm sure they would) you would sell out in a heartbeat.

I agree.

I would realy like if it came in the Diamond Previews catalog.

Tattoo-X
04-21-2006, 06:50 PM
I think asking this question of just members here is really only accounting for a small piece of this potential market.
So I've POSTed this on two other sites and plan to POST on two others.
Here are the replies from a collector card forum.

Topic: Gargoyles Goliath Statue
Author Topic: Gargoyles Goliath Statue

gabfan
Posted April 20, 2006 05:56 PM
That looks really nice. I would buy one if the bigger statues didnt cost so much. Now if they did one of the mini size I would buy one of those.

Over_Worked_Mom
Posted April 20, 2006 08:15 PM
It's sweet. Depending on size and price, I might pick one up to go along with my Demona artwork in my office. I loved Gargoyles

starwolf1001
Posted April 21, 2006 02:49 AM
freakin' awesome

Iacon13
04-22-2006, 02:10 AM
I am all in. Would not want to loss this great sculpt just because of a little tweaking issues to get around the license. Please produce this Randy. Also for my 2 cents I think if you actually got the license this piece would still do quite well if the rest of the team were produced with your sculpting style.
If it were only 500 how would people go about getting it?? Would it be a piece only available on the site?

Tattoo-X
04-22-2006, 08:22 AM
I think asking this question of just members here is really only accounting for a small piece of this potential market.
So I've POSTed this on two other sites and plan to POST on two others.
Here are the replies from a collector card forum.

Topic: Gargoyles Goliath Statue
Author Topic: Gargoyles Goliath Statue

gabfan
Posted April 20, 2006 05:56 PM
That looks really nice. I would buy one if the bigger statues didnt cost so much. Now if they did one of the mini size I would buy one of those.

Over_Worked_Mom
Posted April 20, 2006 08:15 PM
It's sweet. Depending on size and price, I might pick one up to go along with my Demona artwork in my office. I loved Gargoyles

starwolf1001
Posted April 21, 2006 02:49 AM
freakin' awesome

One just in from the MEGO Forum.

Posted: April 22, 2006 at 5:55 am
pretty cool in a what if the Gargoyle characters were drawn by Alex Ross sort of way. Would it sell better if it looked more like the cartoon?

Lunipar
04-22-2006, 02:54 PM
Randy, you still seem a little shocked by all the input coming on this statue. Please do not cut yourself short on this. This is a great looking statue Disney or no Disney. Take a risk and go for it.

Juggernaut
04-22-2006, 05:26 PM
Randy you should release this in 1000-1500 units.

Tattoo-X
04-23-2006, 09:10 PM

Which site is this?
Please give link.
Thanks

Jesse321
04-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Which site is this?
Please give link.
Thanks

http://www.gatheringofthegargoyles.com/g2006/

D'ohboy
04-25-2006, 07:42 PM
Note to Randy and any other Gargoyles fans out there in case it hasn't been mentioned.

In this month's Previews there is a solicitation for a new comic from Amaze Ink/Slave Labor based on the show.

Good time to nab an actual license?
http://www.slavelabor.com/covers/gargoyles1.jpg

tyler
04-25-2006, 07:54 PM
It's a gorgeous statue Randy, and I'm sure it well sell out quickly. But strictly being a comic-book guy, I would pass.

DEAD_MAN
04-26-2006, 01:45 AM
I Want That Statue Nowwwwww
SO MAKE IT HAPPEN

:) PLEASE

Sniper
04-26-2006, 11:50 AM
I would be down for one !

Varangian
04-26-2006, 11:58 AM
When you want my credit card is ready!!!
Fire!!

Tattoo-X
04-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Most of the responses I got from the MEGO Forum were "I like the cartoon" and "not interested."
Not suprised, they're into old plastic figures.

But this response got me thinking about how minor changes would get around the Disney license, since this sculpt is not cartoonish. So I'll vote for B. Simple clothing changes should do the trick.

"pretty cool in a what if the Gargoyle characters were drawn by Alex Ross sort of way. Would it sell better if it looked more like the cartoon?"

No response from the Disney Forums yet. Guess if it's not Mickey, they don't care.

High Lord Apocalypse
04-27-2006, 03:46 PM
i would buy it 100% if it looked cartoonish exactly like the cartoon. this one does not look like a gargoyle replica to me. it looks more like a real gargoyle.

i picked option a, since i really want a goliath statue but not if looks like an alex ross goliath!!

Equinox24
04-28-2006, 01:01 AM
i would buy it 100% if it looked cartoonish exactly like the cartoon. this one does not look like a gargoyle replica to me. it looks more like a real gargoyle.

i picked option a, since i really want a goliath statue but not if looks like an alex ross goliath!!

Because it does look like a real gargoyle in its present state is the reason I would buy it. I never watched the cartoon, but for you guys that want that cartoon likeness, hope it gets done for you. I was surprised to read that the cartoon had an almost fanatical following.

Jesse321
04-28-2006, 01:04 AM
I was surprised to read that the cartoon had an almost fanatical following.Not "had,"HAS a fanatical following! The 10th annual convention is coming up in California, and when you take into consideration that this show hasn't been on the air in all that time, that's pretty damn impressive.

DEAD_MAN
04-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Keeping fingers crossed hoping It comes out no matter what he looks like :buttrock:

Tattoo-X
02-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Wonder if we'll get this one this year.:inquisiti

riderV3
02-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Goliath is Goliath, I don't care who draws him, even Alex Ross' realistic style is welcomed.
People are complaining about the realistic take on the character, so what?
Just because it was a cartoon show doesn't necessarily means it HAS to be cartoony. Superman was a comic book character but I don't hear a lot of complains about the realistic Superman by Alex Ross, so why no love for a realistic Goliath?
I love the show, it was one of the greatest show of 90's IMO and I'll love to see this done by RB regardless of the style.

Gatekeeper2Hell
02-13-2007, 12:04 AM
Over the weekend I wound up rewatching my Gargoyles DVDs, and was just thinking about this statue. I can't believe it's been over a year and Disney hasn't released Season 2 volume 2 yet. I wanna watch the rest of the messed up Shakespear stuff. :buttrock:

BadLuv
02-13-2007, 01:45 PM
I ain't interested either way.

whd
02-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Over the weekend I wound up rewatching my Gargoyles DVDs, and was just thinking about this statue. I can't believe it's been over a year and Disney hasn't released Season 2 volume 2 yet. I wanna watch the rest of the messed up Shakespear stuff. :buttrock:

Unfortunately, volume 1 of season 2 didn't sell as well as expected. We may be waiting a very long time for volume 2. :(

chromesamurai
02-13-2007, 06:35 PM
As long as they release it. Gargoyles was fantastic, and along with Batman: The Animated Series, it was the best the 90's had to offer as far as cartoons.

Would it be out of question for Randy to sell the finished sculpt to some other company who already has a Disney license? I know it seems odd, but Randy could get paid well for the sculpt, and then not have to worry about buying up an expensive Disney license.

tuv1305
10-02-2007, 01:35 PM
Bumping this up with the exciting news from the Odin thread

I'll let you know soon. Right now I'm tweaking my gargoyle statue, and then will proceed to doing a Death sculpture.

The bust will be different from the FS.

:buttrock:

I've been waiting forever on this one and had completely given up hopes. Any plans for an announcement in the near future Randy?

Didn't I just announce it? :)

:laugh:

I was thinking more along the lines of maybe some new pics, a general release date or if you're going for the really big smile, the announcement that it's up for order on your site :thumbs2:

It looks pretty much like the pics people have already seen, with a few small alterations. It'll be out 5-6 months from now, for sale in about 3 months or so.

New pics will be out in a few weeks.

jsoex
10-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Sweet! :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

I can't wait for this to be released. I'm going to buy three of these.

Sambofred
10-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Sounds good to me :)

Weedo10
10-02-2007, 06:35 PM
MOST EXCELLENT:buttrock:

BobbyW
10-02-2007, 06:48 PM
For me, the statue would have to be very limited before I would buy it. Any MINI bust I will scoop up!

Endless Wake
10-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Great news! :buttrock:

Vracula
10-02-2007, 06:59 PM
is randy talking about this statue
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r63/vracula/bowen15.jpg

mwf6171
10-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Funny, those are the same wings from the Shivan Dragon statue.

randy bowen
10-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Funny, those are the same wings from the Shivan Dragon statue.

You're sort-of correct:

These wings were originally sculpted for the gargoyle. Since it was not released (the gargoyle), I used the wings for the Shivan Dragon.

Closetnerd
10-02-2007, 07:55 PM
I WOULD buy one of these, so is it still a go???

Jerseydevil
10-02-2007, 09:22 PM
God, I'd love to own this. Thanks for bumping this.

mwf6171
10-02-2007, 09:32 PM
You're sort-of correct:

These wings were originally sculpted for the gargoyle. Since it was not released (the gargoyle), I used the wings for the Shivan Dragon.

The Shivan Dragon statue is awesome!!! Love it!!!:buttrock:

Vracula
10-02-2007, 09:42 PM
sooooooooooooooooooooooo... back to my question is it going to be that same statue .

Rome
10-02-2007, 10:03 PM
Just thought I'd share pics for those that are not familiar with the cartoon, character, and/or sculpt.

that is such a beautiful piece. But my answer is I'm not sure if I would get it either way.
I'm not that much of a fan of the cartoon.
The only reason I would buy this is because the sculpt is so awesome, so minor tweaks wouldn't bother me.
However, the size of the piece would make it hard to display and since it's not of a character I care about, I'm just not sure if I would get this or not.

Vader
10-02-2007, 10:08 PM
RB,

please produce this!

mitthrawnuruondo
10-02-2007, 11:10 PM
i love this piece ,but i think new smaller wings would be an improvement,as long as tweaks are being done:)

iceman_sd75
10-03-2007, 11:30 AM
It's an awesome sculpt, but I'd pass, not really into the character.

DEAD_MAN
10-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Things like this is kept quiet so it would go away,
I'm glade we have not forgotten this piece.
Randy what's the latest.

randy bowen
10-03-2007, 12:00 PM
Things like this is kept quiet so it would go away,
I'm glade we have not forgotten this piece.
Randy what's the latest?

I'm tweaking the sculpt. The original was sculpted very quickly (4-5 days?), and there were some things that always bothereed me about it. In fact- I really should re-sculpt the whole thing, but I just don't have the time.

So- I'm just going to tweak it, and see what happens.

It wil lbe a low run of 500, with perhaps 100 unpainted, unassembled sets as kits.

I should have the tweaks completed in about a week, and have the painted shots a couple of weeks after that.

daveyyojimbo
10-03-2007, 12:06 PM
It's an incredible sculpt but I have zero interest. Never watched the cartoon.

tuv1305
10-03-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm tweaking the sculpt. The original was sculpted very quickly (4-5 days?), and there were some things that always bothereed me about it. In fact- I really should re-sculpt the whole thing, but I just don't have the time.

It wil lbe a low run of 500, with perhaps 100 unpainted, unassembled sets as kits.

I should have the tweaks completed in about a week, and have the painted shots a couple of weeks after that.

Since it's such a low run will there be a one per customer limit?

randy bowen
10-03-2007, 01:46 PM
Since it's such a low run will there be a one per customer limit?

This is a tough one. I'm thinking of trying something different.

Perhaps putting it up for order on the BD site first. If the numbers come in strong enough, then we'll consider putting it up for solicitation in Previews.

At the moment I'm thinking it should be a site exclusive.

tuv1305
10-03-2007, 02:03 PM
This is a tough one. I'm thinking of trying something different.

Perhaps putting it up for order on the BD site first. If the numbers come in strong enough, then we'll consider putting it up for solicitation in Previews.

At the moment I'm thinking it should be a site exclusive.

I can't remember, do we get our membership discounts on site exclusives? I'm quoting Randy, but I'm open to anybody answering this so he doesn't have to. Thanks for the response Randy :thumbs2:

scottc
10-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Not my cup of tea RB.

randy bowen
10-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Not my cup of tea RB.

No problemo. It's not meant to be for everyone.

riderV3
10-03-2007, 09:40 PM
No problemo. It's not meant to be for everyone.

I'd join the club if that's an exclusive, watched that show back in 90's and DANG! That's one of the best shows of that decade.:buttrock:

And Rnady, don't forget to show us some pics when the piece is ready!:thumbs2:

rxj71
10-04-2007, 01:00 AM
Since I'm assuming this statue would not be part of the Marvel contract, if it is a site exclusive, would we - internationals - be allowed to purchase it?

randy bowen
10-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Since I'm assuming this statue would not be part of the Marvel contract, if it is a site exclusive, would we - internationals - be allowed to purchase it?

Yes, I would assume so. :)

Who's who
10-04-2007, 06:45 PM
make it into Sauron

mwf6171
10-04-2007, 06:46 PM
I don't have time to wade through the 11 pages of posts, did Randy give a ball park figure on cost for this?

Thnks! :D

patrickwm68
10-04-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm so in for this one......as long as it's not too expensive.

randy bowen
10-04-2007, 07:40 PM
I don't have time to wade through the 11 pages of posts, did Randy give a ball park figure on cost for this?

Thnks! :D

We won't know 'til the factory see's it in person. I imagine it'll be close to the $200 range.

High Lord Apocalypse
10-04-2007, 07:43 PM
randy, have you shown pics of this? does it resemble goliath from the cartoon?

a castle top base?

Vader
10-04-2007, 09:32 PM

Produce it! People will definitely bite!

Jesse321
10-04-2007, 09:34 PM

SWEET!!!! :buttrock:

You can count me in for 1 pre-paint and one kit! :buttrock:

Vader
10-04-2007, 09:41 PM
SWEET!!!! :buttrock:

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

randy bowen
10-04-2007, 09:43 PM
randy, have you shown pics of this? does it resemble goliath from the cartoon?

a castle top base?

http://i24.tinypic.com/bhnkno.jpg

http://i24.tinypic.com/2h6966r.jpg

Tattoo-S
10-04-2007, 09:54 PM
I would definately buy "as is" or with a few minor changes, this is awesome :thumbs2: nice job R~

rxj71
10-04-2007, 10:00 PM

THANK YOU!

High Lord Apocalypse
10-05-2007, 12:39 AM
ah, yes!now i remember. thanks for the pic randy.

tuv1305
11-02-2007, 10:07 PM
It looks pretty much like the pics people have already seen, with a few small alterations. It'll be out 5-6 months from now, for sale in about 3 months or so.

New pics will be out in a few weeks.

Hi Randy, I was curious how this is coming along?

needanewcap
11-03-2007, 10:54 AM
There are many more things that should be made before this.

DEAD_MAN
11-03-2007, 10:42 PM
is it true that this thing is finally coming out?

tuv1305
11-04-2007, 07:52 AM
There are many more things that should be made before this.

This poll's over a year and a half old, you can safely say that plenty of other things have been made before this.

tuv1305
11-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Bumping this up hoping some of the Painted Odin action will spill over into this thread

randy bowen
11-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Bumping this up hoping some of the Painted Odin action will spill over into this thread

Gargoyle is being painted next...

tuv1305
11-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Gargoyle is being painted next...

Sweet!

First Painted Odin, now this. This is turning out to be a great morning :buttrock:

Thanks Randy :thumbs2:

marktbarber
11-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Randy,i'm sold!I'll follow you wherever you go(within reason)!:thumbs2:

Weedo10
11-06-2007, 02:36 PM
I cant believe so many of you voted that you werent interested in this sculpt. I will definitely buy this. The sculpt is awesome.:buttrock:

patrickwm68
12-06-2007, 08:21 PM
It's coming.

http://www.bowendesigns.com/images/pagecontent/Gargoyle%20snk%20pk.jpg

Ink
12-06-2007, 08:22 PM
hopefully soon

Weedo10
12-06-2007, 08:43 PM
YES:buttrock:

Bartholomew
12-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Love it!

patrickwm68
12-06-2007, 08:51 PM
Except for the base and color it looks the same.

I'd really like to see a close-up of the face.

jmaccool
12-06-2007, 09:38 PM
I would love to see this statue come to fruition as long as it still resembles Goliath.

Thanks, John

Jerseydevil
12-08-2007, 11:21 AM

I'd love to see close-ups of the face as well. I'm really excited about this piece, and because there was such a clamor for it, I'm surprised there hasn't been more buzz since the sneak peak was posted. Also, I'm not certain if I'm feeling the blue paint; I may have to repaint mine in the more muted, original paint scheme.

randy bowen
12-08-2007, 12:06 PM
I would love to see this statue come to fruition as long as it still resembles Goliath.

Thanks, John

What you see is pretty much what you get.

The colors will be more muted on this than shown.

The main differences are:

- the Hair (longer and less mullet-like)

- the cod-piece (armored) abd new belt buckle

- smaller hands

- and as mentioned previously: the base

We will probably only make 500 of these, as I don't see a big demand for it.

JadeGiant
12-08-2007, 12:21 PM
very cool looking sculpt!

Caveman
12-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Voted on no either way....With limited spanding cash my focus would be on Marvel items only...

metalsquid
12-08-2007, 01:12 PM

i kinda prefer the old base. rocks make more sense to me than a tree trunk, seeing as he is a gargoyle. any particular reason for the change Randy?

scottc
12-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Severly limit it and possibly add something special to it to make it a really unique piece. It looks great though.

Closetnerd
12-08-2007, 01:53 PM
DEFINITELY picking up this one when it releases! Gargoyles are normally the BEST!!! But this one is spectacular! Thanks for doing it Randy! :buttrock:

Nightcrawler777
12-08-2007, 02:05 PM
I would only be interested if it was how Goliath was supposed to look...

Savage
12-08-2007, 06:25 PM
An awesome piece as always from Mr. Bowen. It looks fantastic. The only thing I liked on the old one more is the base with the rocks. Fits more to the character.

Immovable Blob
12-08-2007, 06:28 PM
I would like to see him done, but I had to be honest and say I probably would not buy it. There are a lot of characters I feel the same about, Mr Hyde for instance.

tuv1305
12-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Can't wait for this piece to arrive. I was a little worried when it was announced it'd be released with tweaks, but personally I'm digging the bluish tint and the armor cod piece

randy bowen
12-10-2007, 01:22 PM
i kinda prefer the old base. rocks make more sense to me than a tree trunk, seeing as he is a gargoyle. any particular reason for the change Randy?

He's still on rocks. Different rocks. There's just scraggly tree's poking out from them.

randy bowen
12-10-2007, 01:24 PM

http://i9.tinypic.com/6ydw5k3.jpg

http://i18.tinypic.com/8esx083.jpg

the Hammer
12-10-2007, 01:35 PM
I am absolutely getting this, it looks fantastic!!!

CA35
12-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Looks great !

gottohaveitall68
12-12-2007, 11:39 PM
What you see is pretty much what you get.

The colors will be more muted on this than shown.

The main differences are:

- the Hair (longer and less mullet-like)

- the cod-piece (armored) abd new belt buckle

- smaller hands

We will probably only make 500 of these, as I don't see a big demand for it.

MAKE LESS OF THEM THEN MORE WILL WANT THEM .:stick:

marktbarber
12-13-2007, 01:11 AM
I'm leaning toward the Disney cartoon version,but all things considered must say I trust Randy's judgement implicitly.(Did I spell that right?):buttrock:

Argonus
12-13-2007, 02:57 AM
I'll buy it if you drive down and join my wife and I for dinner, Randy.. bring a pen. Haha!! :D

I enjoyed that cartoon, but it was cancelled pre-maturely (like Samurai Jack, one of the most phenomenally-crafted cartoons ever..very artistic... gah...cancelled four episodes before it's conclusion).

Jerseydevil
01-18-2008, 11:06 AM
Just bumping this to see what's up with this. I know it's still in the sneak peeks, but I'm still looking forward to seeing it solicited.

Sambofred
01-18-2008, 11:24 AM
It looks great. I am going to get one as soon as its up for order.

The Dark Knight
01-18-2008, 11:28 AM
It looks great reminds me Goliath from The Gargoyles (Disney Cartoon)

Blue Mask
01-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Looks like that disney cartoon goliath to me.

Bartholomew
01-18-2008, 11:59 AM
Looks like that disney cartoon goliath to me.

It was supposed to be. But it has since been tweaked because of the Disney licensing/ copyright.