PDA

View Full Version : DC Full sized statues!!!!

HalJordanFan
05-08-2006, 09:32 PM
I've always been a DC guy, but as of recent I made the switch to MARVEL statues. I'm so sick of 50 different Batman and Superman statues! How long can the decision makers at DC ignore their other characters? No more props, movie statues or anything of the sort. How about some fresh faces?

Firestorm
Red Tornado
Solomon Grundy
Despero
Amazo
Eclipso
Lex Luthor
Captain Atom
The Demon
DOOMSDAY
Metamorpho
Penguin
Man-Bat
Plastic Man
Waverider

Please DC make these FULL SIZED statues so I can something other than my 90% Marvel collection.

hawkeyethearcher
05-08-2006, 09:37 PM
complete full size legion of super heroes. please.

wizard-comics
05-08-2006, 09:42 PM
get ready for it....DC has been hiring some guns over there and I believe we will be seeing some Bowen or Marvel $$$ compitition soon

Azog
05-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Solomon Grundy is my dream piece no doubt...

kaza5555
05-08-2006, 11:09 PM
They did release Sgt. Rock, Dynamo, and NoMan, all very obscure characters. But I strongly agree, too many Supermans and Batmans. How about Kirby style Omac, and an original Adam Strange would be cool!

Virsago
05-08-2006, 11:27 PM
I'd buy ALL of the JSA.

buchieboy
05-09-2006, 12:28 AM
Dc is up to something big...

TheMadTitan
05-09-2006, 01:08 AM
You guys left the Darkseid out on the list. He will be an awesome villain statue!

metalsquid
05-09-2006, 04:01 AM
i'd go for a set of Johns' Titans - Tim, Cassie, Bart, Conner, Gar, Starfire, Cyborg

and a Wally West Flash - Jackson Guice or Howard Porter style or even the new artist Ken Lashley would be awesome.

and please, for the love of God, an Adams/Rogers/Giordano/Aparo era Batman!

Bullseye
05-09-2006, 06:08 AM
It is a pity that DC have neglected their 2nd tier chararcters.

HalJordanFan
05-09-2006, 07:22 AM
They already made a DC Direct Darkseid statue it was limited to 1300 pieces and I think that it's one of their best pieces. But I'd always take another!

Elessar
05-09-2006, 08:27 AM
i'd go for a set of Johns' Titans - Tim, Cassie, Bart, Conner, Gar, Starfire, Cyborg

and a Wally West Flash - Jackson Guice or Howard Porter style or even the new artist Ken Lashley would be awesome.

and please, for the love of God, an Adams/Rogers/Giordano/Aparo era Batman!
wouldn't mind the Teen Titans from the One Year Later series. Characters like Cyborg, Wonder Girl, Kid Devil, Beast Boy, Robin in his new red outfit, and Ravager.

You have the new Shadow Pact, the new Doom Patrol and for villians, you have The Brotherhood. The possibilities are endless.

patrickwm68
05-09-2006, 08:54 AM
I'd really like to see a Deathstroke The Terminator Statue based on the cover to Deathstroke #1 by Mike Zeck.

http://i14.ebayimg.com/05/i/07/02/03/82_1.JPG

imthkman
05-09-2006, 09:48 AM
get ready for it....DC has been hiring some guns over there and I believe we will be seeing some Bowen or Marvel $$$ compitition soon

Let's hope so. Otherwise they are wasting another opportunity to become bigger players in this market. They will always make money, but with their list of characters, they could be #1.

SARPEDON
05-09-2006, 10:12 AM
I Have Never Really Bought Any Dc Statues. The Only One I Ever Had Was The Bolland Version Of Wonder Woman And Was Disappointed By The Size And The Details Of Wonder Womans Face. For The Price Range That Dc Is Selling Their Statues, One Would Figure The Size Would Be Comparable To Marvels Line. Although Some Are Pretty Nice, The Size Difference Is Noticeable.

Vince-Vell
05-09-2006, 11:09 AM
Ohh i would love Full size

Flash
Zoom
PowerGirl
Impluse
Capt Atom

If they do them like bowen style. Not into the recent ones like the flash with GG as his base.

Nightwinger
05-09-2006, 11:53 AM
I think we need to be careful of what we wish for.

They could price the HELLL out of these even if they are going to be cool.

That's why I don't like SS. Sure the stuff is cool. But there setting the wrong $$$ out there. look what BD did to the BDCC Namor. :banghead:

I fear,as to the future of collecting.

I don't think DCD will take into consideration that there are a TON of people
who are Marvel AND and DC fans.

And the pricing will make people choice buying one or the other.

That being said.

If they can STICK with the same scale for ALL fs's and mb's.

I like ---------------

Soloman Grundy
Firestorm-original recipe-NOT crap new one.
Hawk and Dove-with female varient
Nightwing
Firehawk
Frostbite
Earth 2 versions
Justice Lords versions-animated AND regular sculpts
Red Tornado
Hawkman
Black Adam
Teen Titans-orginal recipe,80's update with Terra,and current run :buttrock:
Baron Blood
Trigon-Raven's father ( ?)

That's a good start.

Remember DCD-----KEPP THE SAME SCALE!!!!

Bengalslair
05-09-2006, 02:12 PM
One of these days...I am going to tackle a Firestorm (elemental version) and Firehawk

-Rick

Nightwinger
05-09-2006, 02:49 PM
One of these days...I am going to tackle a Firestorm (elemental version) and Firehawk

-Rick

What the fudge are you wating fer?????????

:laugh:

uhmmmm,....fire....hawk...........

Primal
05-09-2006, 03:13 PM
I'd really like to see a Deathstroke The Terminator Statue based on the cover to Deathstroke #1 by Mike Zeck.Mike Zeck is the man! His Marvel stuff is classic. :buttrock:

patrickwm68
05-09-2006, 05:43 PM
Mike Zeck is the man! His Marvel stuff is classic. :buttrock:

Here's another great Mike Zeck Deathstroke.

http://www.titanstower.com/assets/recroom/posters/deathstrokepos.jpg

DC Direct, please make a Deathstroke statue and not another Batman or Superman.

NovaKane
05-09-2006, 06:35 PM
I've always been a DC guy, but as of recent I made the switch to MARVEL statues. I'm so sick of 50 different Batman and Superman statues! How long can the decision makers at DC ignore their other characters? No more props, movie statues or anything of the sort. How about some fresh faces?

Firestorm
Red Tornado
Solomon Grundy
Despero
Amazo
Eclipso
Lex Luthor
Captain Atom
The Demon
DOOMSDAY
Metamorpho
Penguin
Man-Bat
Plastic Man
Waverider

Please DC make these FULL SIZED statues so I can something other than my 90% Marvel collection.I'd be down for a Red Tornado, Plastic Man, and Man-Bat. I'd also like to see a Blackhawk, Flash, and Black Canary.

SimmonM
05-09-2006, 09:44 PM
What makes you guys think DC is up to something big?

High Lord Apocalypse
05-09-2006, 10:03 PM
i talke to the big guns hired by dc and they recommended we petition for what we want together on a huge list to show how people want a change and what kind of changes!!!
like more characters from post#1, enough with the overly produced superman and batman, size being too small compared to every other company out there...and so on.

i stopped getting any dc stuff cause i'm convinced they're not going to make a change. how can the higher ups at dc be so clueless...don't they see eventual bankruptcy coming in their statue department????

do you guys also sense my frustration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HalJordanFan
05-09-2006, 10:51 PM
I'm beyond frustration!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They need to get their heads out of the sand and make some really amazing statues!

High Lord Apocalypse
05-09-2006, 11:20 PM
i wrote them a long letter. you guys should all do the same. after a another 30 letters maybe someone will listen.

NovaKane
05-10-2006, 12:53 PM
What makes you guys think DC is up to something big?There was some speculation over in the DCD Arming Up for Something Big (http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=27174&page=1&pp=10) thread.

SimmonM
05-10-2006, 01:30 PM
There was some speculation over in the DCD Arming Up for Something Big (http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=27174&page=1&pp=10) thread.

Thank you NovaKane - I'm going to check out that thread now.

Elessar
05-11-2006, 05:05 AM
i talke to the big guns hired by dc and they recommended we petition for what we want together on a huge list to show how people want a change and what kind of changes!!!
like more characters from post#1, enough with the overly produced superman and batman, size being too small compared to every other company out there...and so on.

i stopped getting any dc stuff cause i'm convinced they're not going to make a change. how can the higher ups at dc be so clueless...don't they see eventual bankruptcy coming in their statue department????

do you guys also sense my frustration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel your pain. The bigwigs at DC are obviously non-collectors and know nuts about what collectors want.

Nightwinger
05-11-2006, 02:13 PM
i talke to the big guns hired by dc and they recommended we petition

frustration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A)---How are why do you talk to the 'big guns'

B)---How should be petition???

C)---Is you talk to them why can't they just visit this website???

I'm game for whatever will get thier attention.

And,yeah. It's pretty obvious that the 'guns' are NOT either collectors or
'have a handle on the pulse" of DC collectors.

WHO in the SAMHILL hired those AC's?????

wellwisher
05-17-2006, 05:45 PM
Yep, and HH should do them all :buttrock:

deaconbluezzz
05-17-2006, 11:09 PM
Yep, and HH should do them all :buttrock:

Good God no. I've already passed on enough DC statues because they look like crap...no need to make even more.

HalJordanFan
05-17-2006, 11:34 PM
Good God no. I've already passed on enough DC statues because they look like crap...no need to make even more.

LOL!

Ray Villafane
05-18-2006, 12:00 AM
A)---How are why do you talk to the 'big guns'

B)---How should be petition???

C)---Is you talk to them why can't they just visit this website???

I'm game for whatever will get thier attention.

And,yeah. It's pretty obvious that the 'guns' are NOT either collectors or
'have a handle on the pulse" of DC collectors.

WHO in the SAMHILL hired those AC's?????

I think it is probably safe to assume that none of the "big guys" at DC visit this site. I also would also guess that the notion of a petition would accomplish very little. If you like a product, buy it...if not, then pass on it. Simple as that.

deaconbluezzz
05-18-2006, 12:22 AM
?!?!?!? You really think that all the HH stuff looks like crap? I'm personally a Bowen fan myself, but I think that the HH Cap, Hawkeye, SS and Hercules are very nice looking statues. HH is really starting to produce nice looking statues.

Okay, crap is a bit of a harsh term I admit, but they're definately not worth the money being asked for them, IMO. Why? Here's why...

The bases are awful. Bland, simplistic, amateurish.

They all look really squat. Like the gravity in the Marvel Universe was cranked up to 11.

The facial features are unattractive. They all remind me of George Perez's early work back in the mid '70s on the Avengers, before he hit his stride. Pick up an issue and see for yourself.

Hawkeye's hands...nuff said.

The proportions are all across the board. It's like a Rob Liefeld nightmare come to life. Thor's arms are as thick as his legs, Cap's upper body dwarfs the lower 1/2, and ALL of their hands are about the same size as their heads.

I honestly can't see anyone paying more than $100 for any of them.

ant-man
05-18-2006, 09:24 AM
Okay, crap is a bit of a harsh term I admit, but they're definately not worth the money being asked for them, IMO. Why? Here's why...

The bases are awful. Bland, simplistic, amateurish.

They all look really squat. Like the gravity in the Marvel Universe was cranked up to 11.

The facial features are unattractive. They all remind me of George Perez's early work back in the mid '70s on the Avengers, before he hit his stride. Pick up an issue and see for yourself.

Hawkeye's hands...nuff said.

The proportions are all across the board. It's like a Rob Liefeld nightmare come to life. Thor's arms are as thick as his legs, Cap's upper body dwarfs the lower 1/2, and ALL of their hands are about the same size as their heads.

I honestly can't see anyone paying more than $100 for any of them.

MY god...finally someone agress with me...everytime i put a negative spin on HH , alot of people come to there defense....I mostly collect Bowen, and whatever sculpts i think are good. Granted some of the HH is good (Thing, Hulk, hercules looks pretty good) but everything u mentioned is dead on....

For the most part ...there asking prices...are on the high end...Every piece is starting out at $200?

TV8
05-29-2006, 01:06 AM
Power Girl Full Size, design by Adam Hughes... that's one piece I'd have to smuggle into the house while the wife was asleep.

deaconbluezzz
05-29-2006, 03:55 AM
Power Girl Full Size, design by Adam Hughes... that's one piece I'd have to smuggle into the house while the wife was asleep.

In my best Carl Brutananadilweski voice...

"Ohhhh, YEAH baby!"

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-5/1177563/AHuPowerGirl03wDaveStevens.jpg

Darth_Ryan
05-29-2006, 04:55 AM
I'd like to see these in FS:

Power Girl
Hawk Girl
Plastic Man
Black Canary
Doomsday
Huntress
Blue Superman
Red Superman
Lex Luthor
Aquaman (modern version)
Red Tornado
Zatanna
Nightwing
Green Lantern: Guy Gardner,Kilowog,Tomar Re, and of course JADE!!!
Steel
Superboy
ERADICATOR
Cyborg Superman
Mongul
Batman's Rogues Gallery of course

Diorama's would be nice too:

Superman choking Batman (Hush)
Batman beating the crap out of Superman (DKR/DKR2)
Supergirl vs Evil Supergirl
Power Girl VS Supergirl? (how I wish)
Batgirl VS Lady shiva
Superman VS Doomsday (death of supes: the bookends just doesnt do it justice)
Death in the Family dio?
Batman mourning in the Wayne Grave?

The list goes on and on..Please DC think about it! Change your business strategies and stop being so conservative!! Enough with milking supes and bats. Do something different for a change!

buchieboy
05-29-2006, 05:36 AM
ill be happy when dc releases FS in scale with Bowen
ill be happy with that, no need for other stuff

SARPEDON
05-29-2006, 07:56 AM
Dc Statues Overall Are A Disappointment. The Sculpts While Not Bad Could Be Better And Their Size Is Small As Compared To Mr. Bowens. The Price Is A Big Factor To Me As It Is Much More Expensive As Compared To Mr Bowens With Ratio To The Size Of The Piece As Well. Dc Has Alot Of Untapped Potential Here But I Think Their Shortsightedness Is Their Undoing. I For One Would Love To See A Piece Made Of The New God Orion As Well As Others Of His Ilk. I Am Sure I Am Not Alone In This Sentiment.

DD_fan96
05-29-2006, 11:38 AM
I'd like to see;
Power Girl
Zatanna
Joker
Black Canary (original outfit)
Black Adam

Jesse321
05-29-2006, 10:46 PM
I honestly don't understand why anyone even bothers anymore ... it's pretty damn obvious that TPTB at DC don't care what the fans think or want ... if they did, they would have responded LONG before now.

ant-man
05-30-2006, 08:30 AM

LOL!!!! my sentiments as well....LOL :laugh:

ant-man
05-30-2006, 03:09 PM
might as well give it up...DC will never care enough...the bums!

MyOldFriendMrMcCraig
06-04-2006, 12:36 PM
I'd be down for a Deathstroke, Deadshot, Phantom Lady, Orion statues. And maybe a Green Lantern series (not crazy about the angry face Hal they released a while ago). A better Hawkman (mace wielding Hawkman), and rereleases of Darkseid, Spectre, and Krypto would be nice as well.

HalJordanFan
06-04-2006, 01:09 PM
I'd be down for a Deathstroke, Deadshot, Phantom Lady, Orion statues. And maybe a Green Lantern series (not crazy about the angry face Hal they released a while ago). A better Hawkman (mace wielding Hawkman), and rereleases of Darkseid, Spectre, and Krypto would be nice as well.

Deathstroke, Deadshot and Orion would be great! I'd rather have new characters then the GL, Darkseid and Spectre done again. I personally love the Spectre and Darkseid stats that came out already. The one DC Direct HAl statue was good, but I'm not a fan of the 3 piece set. And I don't see the point of the dog until all the main 1st and 2nd tier characters are done.

Firesrorm & Doomsday ( 1st and 2nd )
Lex Luthor
Red Tornado
Solomon Grundy
Amazo
Booster Gold
Hawkman ( A good one )
PARALLAX
Waverider
Orion
Parasite
Bizarro
Penguin
Man-Bat
Riddler
Black Adam
Brainiac
Captain Atom
Clayface
Deathstroke
Despero
Dr. Light
Dr. Fate
Eclipso
General Zod
Gorilla Grodd
Hourman
Ice
Ion
Two Face
Starman
Scarecrow
Ocean Master
Mongul
Metamorpho
Hawk & Dove
Maxima
Imperiex
Deadman

And I'm sure I'm missing a couple more that I'd like to have. :buttrock:

ALL FULL SIZE!!!!!!!!

Ray Villafane
06-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Hawkman
Warlord
Joker
Powergirl
Solomon Grundy
Penguin
...and of course I'd also love to sculpt a 14-18 inch Superman and Batman

kirthew
06-05-2006, 12:45 PM
I honestly don't understand why anyone even bothers anymore ... it's pretty damn obvious that TPTB at DC don't care what the fans think or want ... if they did, they would have responded LONG before now.

I agree... it is a waste of my time and energy to ask for FS sculpts until DC Direct pulls its collective heads out of their asses... They are happy to make action figures... let them make action figures... F DC Direct...

Crom
06-05-2006, 01:50 PM
I would have thought by now they would have at least put out a line of Alex Ross full-size statues. Even if they did just the characters in his new "Justice" series I would be interested. That series alone will have a huge cast of heroes and villains, both major and minor.

SARPEDON
06-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Problem Is They Don't Listen To Regular Fans. I Used To Ride On The Lirr With Some Guy Who Worked At Dc And I Gave Him A Few Suggestions And He Looked At Me Like I Was Some Retatrd. Guess Thats The Dc Mentality. Their Statues Are God Awful With An Exception Of A Couple. Pitiful At Best.

ant-man
06-05-2006, 05:01 PM
NEVER EVER ...DC just does not care enough...maybe if we as fans boycott and not buy another statue or figure from them ...maybe...but...i cant even imagine that having any effect on them doing better...

:mad:

HalJordanFan
06-05-2006, 07:18 PM
NEVER EVER ...DC just does not care enough...maybe if we as fans boycott and not buy another statue or figure from them ...maybe...but...i cant even imagine that having any effect on them doing better...

:mad:

If that what it takes I'm down!!!! Anything to put out the quality statues that they are capable of. The only problem is that if Bowen get that license my wife will be moving!!! :banghead:

Kirk Durfey
06-05-2006, 08:16 PM
Hawkman
Warlord
Joker
Powergirl
Solomon Grundy
Penguin
...and of course I'd also love to sculpt a 14-18 inch Superman and Batman
Now those would be cool :buttrock:

ant-man
06-05-2006, 09:18 PM
Now those would be cool :buttrock:
i would take any and all of those...but other than private commissions...im just so fed up...and dissappointed...DC will Never do a damn thing ...

:banghead:

High Lord Apocalypse
06-15-2006, 10:00 PM
i'm hoping ray will take the first steps to seeing our visions come to life.
dc doesn't read anything from the forum so i hope ray can guid them here and they'll see what collectors really want.

i stopped buying dc statues and won't get anything from them till i see consistent change and i hope the rest of you guys stop as well. you can always get it later on from ebay. i want dc to see a declline in sale so they'll look into making changes.

ofcourse we'll have to get ray's creations since he is our buddy and all them babies need to eat! :)

Ink
06-15-2006, 10:10 PM
I'd love to see one really good superman FS

HalJordanFan
06-15-2006, 10:50 PM
I'd love to see one really good superman FS

You can see it!!! The old Bowen is a GOOD statue :buttrock: !!!!!!!!

But I'm sure Ray can do better!!!!!

ReturningSon
06-30-2006, 06:18 PM
Hey, everyone is forgetting the Dark Knight Returns, the miller series. Wouldn't it be great to have a 14 inch Bat Armor Batman vs a 14 Superman to create a diaroma?!? :buttrock: to recreate the scene b/t the two? That would just be a dream come true...

kirthew
06-30-2006, 06:30 PM
Hey, everyone is forgetting the Dark Knight Returns, the miller series. Wouldn't it be great to have a 14 inch Bat Armor Batman vs a 14 Superman to create a diaroma?!? :buttrock: to recreate the scene b/t the two? That would just be a dream come true...

It would be great to see any movement come out of DC Direct... all we get are movie based statues... and Alex Ross stuff...

ReturningSon
06-30-2006, 06:35 PM
I know. Some of their alex ross stuff is good, but frankly I am getting tired of it. The need to go back to the oldies. I am hoping that they start producing some Premium Format figures like sideshow, but from what the superman looks like, it will be another failed line. Maybe dc should give some of the licenses to Sideshow or at least, some other company....

skorpsta
02-12-2007, 12:38 AM

Firestorm
Red Tornado
Solomon Grundy
Despero
Amazo
Eclipso
Lex Luthor
Captain Atom
The Demon
DOOMSDAY
Metamorpho
Penguin
Man-Bat
Plastic Man
Waverider

Please DC make these FULL SIZED statues so I can something other than my 90% Marvel collection.

YES SIRRRRR!!!!! i so agree with you. right on man.:thumbs2: