PDA

View Full Version : New WONDER WOMAN print NEWS!!

HFA
05-12-2006, 03:21 AM
Clampett Studio Collections has just made this print available...check it out! I'm not overly familiar with Mike Mayhew (I'm an "old school" guy), but the art is very clean. This is part of Clampett's new program that all of us have been begging for: to produce high quality prints at a much lower price point! They also have done a Greg Horn Superman, Arthur Suydam Batman, and John Van Fleet Batgirl in this format as well.

COOL...

Immovable Blob
05-12-2006, 04:48 AM
Nice. I cannot resist Wonder Woman in any form mmmmmmm. :eplus2:

Bullseye
05-12-2006, 05:45 AM
God dammit. How much will this be selling for?

Aarrgghh!!
05-12-2006, 09:29 AM
Nice image, but not a huge fan of the computer coloring, too video game-ish.

HFA
05-12-2006, 11:24 AM
I'm not overly fond of computer coloring myself...

Prices for the "lower tier" lithos are $100! They are smaller (roughly 11 x 14) and signed and numbered by the artist in small edition sizes of only 250...pretty darn small edition for such a relatively inexpensive print!

Bullseye
05-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Yeah i went back to look at this again and it does look too much like a CGI image.

HFA
05-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Greg Horn does the same thing. These guys lightly pencil, and then saturate it with plastique color. In spite of this, the stuff can look OK in the right medium (glossy comic covers/lithos, etc) but lacks the painterly quality/skill that I'm personally fond of. If you check out the other images, you'll find this one and the Greg Horn to be the extreme, but John Van Fleet uses the computer coloring well...he makes it closer to an original painting "look". The Suydam piece is the only one that is fully painted, and he did that one in OILS and it looks spectacular, IMHO.

Bullseye
05-12-2006, 12:06 PM
I like some of Greg Horns covers but whether I'd buy a Giclee or lithograph I'm not sure. Clampett need to sign Dell'Otto.

HFA
05-12-2006, 01:13 PM
The real problem with that is he isn't doing much of any DC work lately. If DC doesn't feel like an artist is one of "theirs" (past or present), they won't let Clampett do anything. They hardly let them do anything now!

Bullseye
05-12-2006, 01:38 PM
Well who looks after Marvels interest?

mwf6171
05-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Not a fan of computer colored pieces.

HFA
05-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Unfortunately that's what a lot of these guys do...even guys like Adam Hughes. I wish he would paint more! I've seen the results before and they're very good!

perfusin
05-12-2006, 02:23 PM
Any pic's of the others? Particularily Supes and Batman. Are they still available? Thanks!!

HFA
05-12-2006, 02:34 PM
They are all still available. I'll try to post pics later....the Suydam Batman pic is in the Suydam thread someone started a week or so ago.

marvelboi77
05-12-2006, 09:18 PM
This does not look nice at all. Wizard pull out poster at most.

Sam Wilson
05-12-2006, 09:21 PM
james,

hate to say it, but I would honestly much rather pay bigger $$ for a higher end WW piece by Adam Hughes (or my dream piece, a gicless of the black widow by adam Hughes). I'm sure something like that will come down soon enough.

Of course this is a great way for people to get cool lithos of their favorite characters for a decent price, not everyone can dish for the good stuff.

But still, I'm definately one of those who would rather spend the $$ on something than settle for something that is cool, but not quite the home run I'm looking for.

HFA
05-13-2006, 02:27 AM
That all makes sense, Sam!

I don't know if Clampett will EVER do anything with Adam Hughes. I'm not sure what is going on with Upper Deck, either. I was told TODAY that they will be cooling it on the wall art for awhile, and working on dioramas, statues, etc.

Immovable Blob
05-13-2006, 05:56 AM
james,

hate to say it, but I would honestly much rather pay bigger $$ for a higher end WW piece by Adam Hughes (or my dream piece, a gicless of the black widow by adam Hughes). I'm sure something like that will come down soon enough.

Of course this is a great way for people to get cool lithos of their favorite characters for a decent price, not everyone can dish for the good stuff.

But still, I'm definately one of those who would rather spend the $$ on something than settle for something that is cool, but not quite the home run I'm looking for.

Very good advice. Why compromise when you can save a little more ready for what it is you really want. If anyone wants the email address for private commission for Deodato or (hopefully soon) Ed Benes PM me. I warn you it won't be cheap.
I dare say others will have addresses for other artists so it may be worth starting a new thread. What do you think?