PDA

View Full Version : Good display cases?

HoldyourfireAl
05-18-2006, 08:13 PM
Anybody ever buy from here http://www.astorclub.com ? Are they a good company?

Thanks

Al

Jesse321
05-18-2006, 08:28 PM
Nice but expensive ... for what you pay for 1 cabinet, you can have a whole wall of cubes. :D

boondocksaint
05-18-2006, 08:29 PM
Nice but expensive ... for what you pay for 1 cabinet, you can have a whole wall of cubes. :D

you love cubes dont you! :eplus2:

Jesse321
05-18-2006, 08:35 PM
you love cubes dont you! :eplus2:
:eplus2: you said cubes :eplus2:

boondocksaint
05-18-2006, 08:37 PM
:eplus2: you said cubes :eplus2:

:laugh:

HoldyourfireAl
05-18-2006, 10:17 PM

Not really into the cubes. To each his own I guess. I just want something with a nice wood finish & great lighting. As of right now, all my statues are still in their boxes waiting for the day I can afford an awesome display. I'm willing to wait a year or so & sock money away to get something really classy.

Al

Caveman
05-18-2006, 11:07 PM
Some of them is not that bad. Considering they charge "free" shipping and something this large typically may run you $100+ for shipping.

I am in the same bind. Ikea shelves are affordable, in fact some of my busts are more expensive than that. I am also in the search of something more classy.

Thanks for the link btw....

HoldyourfireAl
05-19-2006, 01:56 AM
Some of them is not that bad. Considering they charge "free" shipping and something this large typically may run you $100+ for shipping.

I am in the same bind. Ikea shelves are affordable, in fact some of my busts are more expensive than that. I am also in the search of something more classy.

Thanks for the link btw....

No problem! I gotta admit that I'm surprised that with all this money folks invest into the statues, that more people are into the classy display look. I was hoping that someone on this board had dealt with the site I mentioned. Their stuff looks sharp!

Al

rychehitman
05-19-2006, 07:31 AM
That is a nice site, but damned expensive.

When will Randy make his own line of collectors display cases. He'd make a fortune!

I am veering towards the cubes because you can change their configuration.

CanadianMachine
05-19-2006, 08:46 AM
No problem! I gotta admit that I'm surprised that with all this money folks invest into the statues, that more people are into the classy display look. I was hoping that someone on this board had dealt with the site I mentioned. Their stuff looks sharp!

Al

The stuff looks great, but way to expensive. I am happy with my Ikea display cases. I display all my statues in my computer room/office and they suit the room. If I bought an expensive case like those, its wouldnt suit the room anymore. The only place it would look good would be downstairs in the formal dinning room and thats not going to happen.

FengShuiStein
05-19-2006, 01:05 PM
I actually have two of these:

Pulaski Cabinet (http://www.astorclub.com/dosearch.aspx?text=21114)

...but paid nowhere near what they're charging :eek: . I got mine through a local furniture wholesaler, and only paid ~$500 each. I love them!! The entire front of the case is actually the door - it slides to either side to allow for inserting/removing items. Two stage halogen lighting, mirrored back, and plenty of shelves.

-Phil