PDA

View Full Version : Help with machinary sculpting

dynabol69
05-22-2006, 02:37 AM
For my next sculpt I will need to make some very clean looking machinary (it can't look like it was sculpted out of clay.) Any tutorials on this would be very helpful, I know Tommy A does great work on this subject what do you say any advice? the sculpt will be modok and I want the flesh of his face and the metal of his body to be distinctly different looking.

teflondrunk
05-22-2006, 09:46 AM
One option is to fabricate the parts out of stuff like styrene, metal, wire, etc. There's a store in Minnesota called ax-man surplus which is just full of junk. Stores like that have just about every part that a person would need to make just about anything.

Kdawg59
05-24-2006, 11:46 AM
One option is to fabricate the parts out of stuff like styrene, metal, wire, etc. There's a store in Minnesota called ax-man surplus which is just full of junk. Stores like that have just about every part that a person would need to make just about anything.

I agree. .. go and hit the hardware store and or any craft stor odds are good you can fabricate anything you need with a little imagnation...

Imagination Asylum
05-25-2006, 01:00 AM
For my prototype figures, for playsets, or a base, I use any combination of sculpey clay, epoxy, and the rest i kitbash from model parts, styrene sheets or pipe, or other stock plastic parts. I also get parts at automotive stores and hardware stores. It's not uncommon to find something I have sculpted detailed with model parts or machined parts.

Rich Dufresne