PDA

View Full Version : #715

Kirk Durfey
06-01-2006, 01:19 AM
I was there :buttrock: Love him or hate him, it was very exciting being at the park that day...

Collection King 13
06-01-2006, 01:26 AM
I wonder if Mr. Juice is going to go after Aaron's Record....

DEAD_MAN
06-01-2006, 01:30 AM
I hope he hits only 754 and retire.
just to say I could of, but didn't want to, all I wanted was to pass the babe not aron.

Collection King 13
06-01-2006, 01:33 AM
I hope he hits only 754 and retire.
just to say I could of, but didn't want to, all I wanted was to pass the babe not aron.
that would be stupid... and kind of racial... but I'm not going to pull out that card... I just cant wait to see the MLB put '*' on all his records for juicing....

Kirk Durfey
06-01-2006, 01:52 AM
I doubt it. I don't think his body will hold up for another season.

Boerboel
06-01-2006, 05:30 AM
I saw part of an interview with him on ESPN and he said he wouldn't rule it out.

misanthrope
06-01-2006, 07:27 AM
aside from my almost total lack of respect for this guy i can see how it would be cool to have been there for it. congrats

fossa
06-01-2006, 07:55 AM
I doubt it. I don't think his body will hold up for another season.EXACTLY!

fossa
06-01-2006, 07:57 AM
I saw part of an interview with him on ESPN and he said he wouldn't rule it out.well sure, he will say that, but if his body says no, that is it. he has even said that if he has to have another surgery he will quit, he is done, finished.

...however, i have heard that he may try to play in the American League next year as a DH, so who knows...

Daywalker
06-01-2006, 09:33 AM
well bonds and the giants are in NY this weekend to play the mets and i know ill be there to show bonds all my support :eplus2: :eplus2:

fossa
06-01-2006, 09:38 AM
well bonds and the giants are in NY this weekend to play the mets and i know ill be there to show bonds all my support :eplus2: :eplus2:"Barry Sux, Barry Sux, Barry Sux!!!" :eplus2:

Daywalker
06-01-2006, 09:52 AM
"Barry Sux, Barry Sux, Barry Sux!!!" :eplus2:
:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

DEAD_MAN
06-01-2006, 11:48 AM
Is pedro pitching in the series?
I hope so because he is ****y and he will put it in the middel.
You know what happens next if he puts it in the strike zone..... :eplus2:
Barry..Barry.. 7 Time Mvp Barry...Barry

Daywalker
06-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Is pedro pitching in the series?
I hope so because he is ****y and he will put it in the middel.
You know what happens next if he puts it in the strike zone..... :eplus2:
Barry..Barry.. 7 Time Mvp Barry...Barry
pedro prob wont be pitching - he pitched last night (weds ) thrus is an off day so itll prob be glavine, el duque then traschel

The General
06-01-2006, 01:09 PM
Not unless he goes to the AL next year. His body won't hold up playing the field. If he DH's he should be able to easily break it. If I were him I'd go to one of the Sox or the Yankees. Kill 2 birds with one stone. Break the record and have the chance to get back to the series.

noseeb13
06-01-2006, 01:31 PM
Better hold onto that if you want to go another season.
http://www.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2006/04/04/sp_giantssyringe115.jpg

Boerboel
06-01-2006, 03:44 PM
well sure, he will say that, but if his body says no, that is it. he has even said that if he has to have another surgery he will quit, he is done, finished.

...however, i have heard that he may try to play in the American League next year as a DH, so who knows...
In that same interview he said that winning a ring was really important to him. He isn't going to do that in the NL so I would bet he'll go to Al to DH next year.

The General
06-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Better hold onto that if you want to go another season.
http://www.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2006/04/04/sp_giantssyringe115.jpg
He could just borrow one from Pujols. :eplus2:

fossa
06-01-2006, 04:50 PM
In that same interview he said that winning a ring was really important to him. He isn't going to do that in the NL so I would bet he'll go to Al to DH next year.we shall see...i just *really* don't think his body is going to hold up for all of *next* season. he has not even gotten through this season yet.

fossa
06-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Not unless he goes to the AL next year. His body won't hold up playing the field. If he DH's he should be able to easily break it. If I were him I'd go to one of the Sox or the Yankees. Kill 2 birds with one stone. Break the record and have the chance to get back to the series.actually, i heard Yankees or Tigers

The General
06-01-2006, 05:39 PM
actually, i heard Yankees or Tigers
Tigers too. If he wants a good chance at a title I wouldn't pick the Tigers if I were him. Bonds could put enjoy that short right field porch at Yankee stadium until the new stadium comes.

fossa
06-01-2006, 06:42 PM
Tigers too. If he wants a good chance at a title I wouldn't pick the Tigers if I were him. Bonds could put enjoy that short right field porch at Yankee stadium until the new stadium comes.have you seen the Tigers this year??? best record in baseball...or very near the best!

Daywalker
06-01-2006, 09:07 PM
have you seen the Tigers this year??? best record in baseball...or very near the best!
but i dont think thatll hold up - look at the royals and seattle like 2-3 years ago - they both won ridiculous amounts of games during reg season and then crapped out in the first roudn of playoffs - and now both teams suck

fossa
06-01-2006, 09:12 PM
but i dont think thatll hold up - look at the royals and seattle like 2-3 years ago - they both won ridiculous amounts of games during reg season and then crapped out in the first roudn of playoffs - and now both teams suckOK. You have a point. But like I keep saying, we will have to wait and see...won't we?

The General
06-02-2006, 08:48 AM
but i dont think thatll hold up - look at the royals and seattle like 2-3 years ago - they both won ridiculous amounts of games during reg season and then crapped out in the first roudn of playoffs - and now both teams suck
I actually agree with you dude. :eek:

Daywalker
06-02-2006, 08:53 AM
I actually agree with you dude. :eek:
thats it - whats next? dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria !!

The General
06-02-2006, 08:58 AM
thats it - whats next? dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria !!
It's madness at its highest. :buttrock:

I've been telling people this too, no way the Tigers will keep this up.

wktf
06-02-2006, 06:17 PM
Yeah...it's great living in KC with one of the worst franchises in the history of the game...I almost don't go to games anymore because the stands are desolate. The once proud World Series winning team with Brett is no where to be seen.

Daywalker
06-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Yeah...it's great living in KC with one of the worst franchises in the history of the game...I almost don't go to games anymore because the stands are desolate. The once proud World Series winning team with Brett is no where to be seen.
im hoping they break the 62 mets record of worst season ever

The General
06-02-2006, 08:45 PM
im hoping they break the 62 mets record of worst season ever
No team can break it. The Met's are the worst team ever. Not only the 62 Mets but the 06 Mets suck too. :eplus2:

boondocksaint
06-02-2006, 08:48 PM
No team can break it. The Met's are the worst team ever. Not only the 62 Mets but the 06 Mets suck too. :eplus2:

indeed!!!!!!

you hear their new song? :laugh: horrible just like the team and the fans :eplus2:

Daywalker
06-02-2006, 09:13 PM
well atleast the mets dont loose to the royals

boondocksaint
06-02-2006, 09:14 PM
good comeback potsy!

The General
06-02-2006, 11:36 PM
good comeback potsy!
:laugh:

The only good team the Mets have won a series against this year was the Yankees and we were half dead. Oh I forgot they managed to take 2 of 3 against the Phillies after losing the first series. Cards have been spank'n that ass. All this trash Met's fans talk and we have only been separated by 1 or 2 games. I also must repeat that if the Yankees were in the NL we would go undefeated. First game we would lose would be in the World Series against ourselves. :eplus2:

The General
06-02-2006, 11:40 PM
indeed!!!!!!

you hear their new song? :laugh: horrible just like the team and the fans :eplus2:
The new song is typical Mets. It's hiliarious. I can picture Lo Duca's dumb ass dancing to the crap. I didn't think I could hate another Met catcher as much as Piazza but I was wrong. The Met's better hope Lastings Bastich pans out before they deal Floyd. Knowing the Mets they'll probably trade him to get Benson back. :laugh:

Cage
06-05-2006, 04:54 PM

George Brett is one of the true great ballplayersthat I had the pleasure to watch in my life. The Royals ownership should be ashamed of what it has done to that franchise and for the disrespect it has shown to the fans.

hawkeyethearcher
06-05-2006, 05:14 PM
good luck to him is what i say. he has been great for baseball. lots of butts in the seats and viewers on tv. if people want to get upset because they think he cheated then blame the home office. this is not a gentlmens sport. football does tests and enforces there rules baseball does not. whatever the players on my team are doing to win god bless them. of course this comes from a raiders fan.

Cage
06-05-2006, 05:17 PM
of course this comes from a raiders fan.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hey I like the Raiders. I just wish you guys would get over the Immaculate Reception. It happened, it was a clean catch, and it was the greatest football play in the history of the game.

Oh and Tatum and Atkins was an awesome backfield (no Shell and Blount mind you) but they were definitely the hardest hitting duo maybe ever.

hawkeyethearcher
06-05-2006, 05:20 PM
we are over it. now that we have the tuck rule to stab people over. if it was not for the refs being told to unfairly call raiders games, because the eople in power hate al davis, the raiders would have at least 3 more rings.

Cage
06-05-2006, 05:25 PM
we are over it. now that we have the tuck rule to stab people over. if it was not for the refs being told to unfairly call raiders games, because the eople in power hate al davis, the raiders would have at least 3 more rings.

:laugh:

Yet another game that a team that I was rooting for benefited. Although, even though I am die hard Pats fan, I gotta agree that it was a bad call. On the other hand, the Raiders had plenty of opportunities to win the game even after that play. Nonetheless, it was still a bad call. Maybe Aaron Brooks will help, but I still don't know who is going to run the ball for you.