PDA

View Full Version : The CM Godfather

ReturningSon
07-02-2006, 11:52 PM
So, we all know that Cinemaquette is going to do a Bruce Lee: Game of Death figure. But what about the Godfather? This area hasn't really been discussed by fans and collectors. Send me your thoughts. Do you think they will pull off a good likeness of Marlon Brando? Will he be sitting or standing? Will he have the cat? And who will sign the certificate. (example:Arnold signed the certificate for the T-850 and Giger signed it for the Alien.) Would it be Francis Ford Coppola? And finally, do any of you plan to buy it?

badbot
07-03-2006, 08:34 AM
So, we all know that Cinemaquette is going to do a Bruce Lee: Game of Death figure. But what about the Godfather? This area hasn't really been discussed by fans and collectors. Send me your thoughts. Do you think they will pull off a good likeness of Marlon Brando? Will he be sitting or standing? Will he have the cat? And who will sign the certificate. (example:Arnold signed the certificate for the T-850 and Giger signed it for the Alien.) Would it be Francis Ford Coppola? And finally, do any of you plan to buy it?

Standing with his hands out is fine, and I think that many people think that swell, but the opening scene where he is sitting with his cat and gives his famous line, is just so classical and would be the perfect maquette position for him.

SolidLiquidFox
07-03-2006, 09:11 AM
I probably would pass on this one. It's a classic film icon but I just don't see myself spending $1500+ for it.

Bullseye
07-03-2006, 09:27 AM
Standing with his hands out is fine, and I think that many people think that swell, but the opening scene where he is sitting with his cat and gives his famous line, is just so classical and would be the perfect maquette position for him.

That would be my choice too. :D

ReturningSon
07-03-2006, 11:56 AM
Yeah, that would be great if he was sitting down, but I think now that cinemaquette wouldn't do it. None of their characters released so far have been sitting but then again, they might change things with their new upcoming line.

cap70
07-03-2006, 03:17 PM
We spoke about it before. I know somebody that saw the head sculpt already and he said to me it looks out of this World. And OF COURSE I will be getting this. I called it MANY times. :buttrock:

Exar Kun
07-03-2006, 04:42 PM
Must buy for me too :)

ReturningSon
07-03-2006, 08:25 PM
I believe that this is the collectible that will cause alot of 'stir when it is released. Places like Sharper Image and other collector stores that normally wouldn't carry this product would carry the Godfather. It is something that everybody needs. We are all waiting for a collectible that is long overdue. Now, lets see some exclusive pics of the sculpt!!! :DJsmile:

Double Dare
07-03-2006, 10:20 PM
He should look just like this:
http://www.kojun.co.kr/V2/img/detail/0100_body1.jpg
I would kill for one should Cinemaquette make this a reality.

Nick

thx217
07-04-2006, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the Cool pics. Nick. Great looking figures. But I think you've under estimated Cinemaquette. They've learned a lot from the release of the T-850 and there will be some other human charactors to be release before "The Godfatehr" that useing the similar but definitely improved technics. Without a doubt, it will look just like a real life mini man who just walked right out the movie.

cap70
07-04-2006, 01:39 AM
He should look just like this:

I would kill for one should Cinemaquette make this a reality.

Nick

Are you kidding?? CM will blow this out of the water. I don't even think this looks too good. Good profile, but the face likeness could be MUCH better.
The person I know that saw the CM head sculpt said it was PERFECT. And this person it's VERY demanding.

cap70
07-04-2006, 01:40 AM
But I think you've under estimated Cinemaquette. They learned a lot from the release of the T-850 and there will be some other human charactors to be release before "The Godfatehr" that useing the similar but definitly improved technic. Without a doubt, it will look just like a real life mini man who just walked right out the movie.

Couldn't agree more, THX.

dunedain
07-04-2006, 01:56 AM
Damm I want to see some picture's. Could it be seen at the SDCC?

cap70
07-04-2006, 02:02 AM
Damm I want to see some picture's. Could it be seen at the SDCC?
Nope, I don't think we will see The Godfather at this SDCC. We will see Jack Sparrow, Aragorn and maybe Indy. Even though I have a feeling that Indy won't be ready by then. Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Exar Kun
07-04-2006, 03:25 AM
Are they going to show an Indy already? I thought after all the bad feeling about the Aragorn - which was a prototype - they were not allowing prototypes showing anymore?

badbot
07-04-2006, 08:54 AM
Are they going to show an Indy already? I thought after all the bad feeling about the Aragorn - which was a prototype - they were not allowing prototypes showing anymore?

I am very sure that Indy will be at this year's sdcc.

ReturningSon
07-04-2006, 12:59 PM
I have recieved countless emails from Cinemaquette confirming that Indy WILL BE AT THE SDCC. :DJsmile:

Exar Kun
07-04-2006, 03:59 PM
I have recieved countless emails from Cinemaquette confirming that Indy WILL BE AT THE SDCC. :DJsmile:

COOL!!!!

Skulpturen
07-06-2006, 03:18 AM
Indy will be a MUST HAVE for me!