PDA

View Full Version : The Bowen Room..

bomen
07-09-2006, 06:57 PM
Here's my custom-made cabinets in the Family Room of Bowen MBs...with the exception of Brown Wolverine, Sabertooth, and Bucky (all on a shelf w/few other spillovers in my office)..a completist's shrine, plus some customs.

Problem is that:

a) I soon will run out of space, thereby marking the impending end of my MB Completist Days...and

b) I'll never move outta this house, as I don't want to rebuild this ever again! :banghead:

But I love turning the lights on in the display at night, and enjoying the room!

bomen
07-09-2006, 06:58 PM
...and, the 'room' view...

devastator1979
07-09-2006, 07:01 PM
Here's my custom-made cabinets in the Family Room of Bowen MBs...with the exception of Brown Wolverine, Sabertooth, and Bucky (all on a shelf w/few other spillovers in my office)..a completist's shrine, plus some customs.

Problem is that:

a) I soon will run out of space, thereby marking the impending end of my MB Completist Days...and

b) I'll never move outta this house, as I don't want to rebuild this ever again! :banghead:

But I love turning the lights on in the display at night, and enjoying the room!

Wow great collection!!! Can't you just start buying cabinets to continue your collection? I just bought my first Detolf and love it! Would be a shame to have to stop collecting now for you. Looks great though!!

lord odin
07-09-2006, 07:09 PM

Problem is that:

Looks like a easy fix to me just move the sofa and table and build another row of shelfs.

jimbo5905
07-09-2006, 07:10 PM
Man...thanks for sharing those pics!! The Carolina's are well represented with all things Bowen....I just wish I could figure out how to post pics of my collection and then you'd understand what I mean!! :eplus2: :eplus2: :eplus2:

Ish
07-09-2006, 07:13 PM
thats a nice set up, surely a space saver. :)

bomen
07-09-2006, 07:16 PM
Looks like a easy fix to me just move the sofa and table and build another row of shelfs.

.........i may need you to anonymously call my wife's cell phone with that suggestion, in the near future... :eplus2:

Who's who
07-09-2006, 07:18 PM
Great collection....in my case I had just as many and no space so I sold the ones least favorite and built an addition to the house large enough to fit any new editions & future pieces.I'm more selective now then I was before.Bowen pieces are a great investment plus these pieces can get you out of any financial setbacks.

kaza5555
07-09-2006, 07:18 PM
Nice set-up. If you run out of room, you'll find another way. Us collectors don't give up so easily.

imthkman
07-09-2006, 07:37 PM

Sounds like a good plan. I just hope he has the room. I think the shelves would look even better if they took up the wall. Kind of like built-ins. Problem would be that the lowest shelves would be obscured by the sofa. Awesome display Bomen!

JavOner
07-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Congrats bomen, really nice set up :thumbs2: .

moon_knight1971
07-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Nice custom cabinets Bomen! Dig your collection but I can'y believe you don't have a custome DD YELLOW MB :eek:

boondocksaint
07-09-2006, 10:19 PM
thats a nice set up, surely a space saver. :)

exactly...great space saver!

what did this project run you(not the busts just the cabinets/materials)

Volstagg
07-09-2006, 10:36 PM
I have to say that is impressive and will be copying your set up to some extent. It saves all the floor space of cabinets. Second off, I love the Spidey customs !!!!!!

JadeGiant
07-09-2006, 10:51 PM
this display is awesome ... very clean look! :thumbs2:

Do you have any trouble viewing the busts at the highest level?

pablocruze
07-10-2006, 03:04 AM
Problem is that:

I see plenty of space left...

Is there a method to your arrangement of the busts?

chromesamurai
07-10-2006, 05:09 AM
That's inventive. Damn impressive looking!

bomen
07-10-2006, 07:11 AM
Nice custom cabinets Bomen! Dig your collection but I can'y believe you don't have a custome DD YELLOW MB :eek:

ha! good eyes! but note that empty space next to DD...I have one out being done as we speak!

pmpknface
07-10-2006, 08:27 AM
Excellent! Question - Is that DRAX a custom???

Nightwinger
07-10-2006, 01:41 PM
VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Very nice to play......" find the custom in the cabinet"

VERY NICE indeed.

Bullseye
07-10-2006, 03:36 PM
Very nice display and setup.

ReturningSon
07-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Wow, that is a marvelous collection. Hope your friends appreciate it when they see it!!!Great setup! :DJsmile:

Collection King 13
07-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Great Display!

Achiever
07-10-2006, 06:32 PM
That looks really nice. High class, not cheesy. Kudos.

speedracer
07-12-2006, 02:31 AM
excellent display bomen how i wish i started collection bowen in 98 or 99..=(

buchieboy
07-15-2006, 11:30 PM
wow!
awesome display bomen! :)

lpcrawling
07-16-2006, 12:06 AM
Awesome dude!! Seriously!!

boondocksaint
07-16-2006, 12:09 AM
exactly...great space saver!

what did this project run you(not the busts just the cabinets/materials)

??????????????????????????????

lpcrawling
07-16-2006, 12:28 AM
He means, how much did it cost to make the cabinet, And what materials he used.

boondocksaint
07-16-2006, 02:49 AM
He means, how much did it cost to make the cabinet, And what materials he used.

i quoted myself because bomen didnt answer yet :)

bomen
07-16-2006, 08:55 AM
Hey Boony, sorry, I hadn't seen this one in a bit...

The cabinets were designed by me and the Mrs...mostly the Mrs. Criteria were to be able to have dual shelves, each able to support 16" max statue (at one time, had many of my Bowen FS in them..). Also, wanted 5 cabinet fronts. As little "cabinetry" wood/work within as possible...i.e. mirror backs, and no shelf supports except around edges..so all looks 'suspended' from the "room view". You can't tell in the pics, but the cabinet door edges have a molded themed heavy wood trim, painted to look like a stone....again, was trying to match some of the Bowen MB bases. Finally, separately controlled lights on single wall switch plate...one switch, turns on fader up/down lights in the cabinets...one switch turns same on underneath cabinets (on their bottom)..neat reading/mood lights if on the couch, in the chair, etc. Had them tied into the ceiling crown molding as well. All built into the wall studs, I remember doing pull-ups on the cabinets to ensure no crashes (!). and I forget the glass thickness, but was at least 3/8" or more..

Had them built, I can't remember now but I think material and all was a little over $2K back then....about 6 years ago..

Alex655321
07-23-2006, 03:54 PM
...and, the 'room' view...

That is absolutly amazing :buttrock:

Nice custom shelf, and a nice collection.
Its a shame when your amount of space can influence your hobby. :laugh: