PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva in November !!!

MONSTER
07-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Don't know if everyone was aware of this but Dana White announced the fight for the November UFC ppv.

I was at UFC in Vegas this weekend and it was unreal to see Chuck and Wanderlei nose to nose in the octagon!

The General
07-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Don't know if everyone was aware of this but Dana White announced the fight for the November UFC ppv.

I was at UFC in Vegas this weekend and it was unreal to see Chuck and Wanderlei nose to nose in the octagon!
Holy crap! How did the UFC pull this off? Is this a one time deal or is Silva going to be in the UFC for a while?

MONSTER
07-10-2006, 10:13 PM
I have no idea. Silva was wearing a pride T-shirt when they did the staredown in the ring. I never thought this fight would happen and was shocked when Dana White got on the mic and called Wanderlei and then Chuck into the octagon. I had noticed Wanderlei in the crowd earlier in the night but I figured he was there strictly as a spectator.

misanthrope
07-10-2006, 10:14 PM
chuck is gonna get his a$$ handed to him. poor guy.

Ish
07-10-2006, 10:17 PM
i just hope is not a fixed fight and wanderlei comes out full force.

MONSTER
07-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Its going to be interesting because its Chuck's house, Chuck's crowd and Chuck's rules.

I just want it to be an exciting fight!!! I think I'll put my money on Wanderlei depending on the oddmakers in Vegas.

Ish
07-10-2006, 10:25 PM
wanderlei lost to tito, he hasn't had a good record in ufc, on wands defence that was before he went to pride, and reached the level that he did.

misanthrope
07-10-2006, 10:25 PM
liddell always surprises me with the strength of his chin but i just dont see him withstanding the ferocity of silva. i just hope we can get more than one round of fighting. it would seem that the pride fighter will be taking a pay cut.

Sam Wilson
07-10-2006, 10:29 PM
wanderlei is 8 years or so younger than chuck, and was raised by jaguars in the jungles of brazil. He is an excellent example of austrolapithicus, or early man. It is rumored he wrestles with Bears and Lions to warm up. He eats a baby before every fight. Chuck is toast. Sorry to say. Wanderlei doesn't need pride rules to win, he has sick recovery (he stayed in a fight with cro cop with 2 broken ribs), hits like a goddamn sledgehammer and is a monster.

Chuck is a bad ass, but he is only human,

Wanderlei will win.

Monster, wish I could meet you in vegas brother, buy any fight plans will have to be scrapped for me until 2007. :(

MONSTER
07-10-2006, 11:00 PM
Monster, wish I could meet you in vegas brother, buy any fight plans will have to be scrapped for me until 2007. :(

Sorry to hear that Sam.

I'm going to skip UFC 62 on August 28th and just watch it at home. I'll definitely be at UFC 63 in Los Angeles in September to see Matt Hughes vs George Saint Pierre.

Let me know when you can make it next year and we'll tear Vegas up! :thumbs2:

HalJordanFan
07-10-2006, 11:31 PM
Sorry to hear that Sam.

I'm going to skip UFC 62 on August 28th and just watch it at home. I'll definitely be at UFC 63 in Los Angeles in September to see Matt Hughes vs George Saint Pierre.

Let me know when you can make it next year and we'll tear Vegas up! :thumbs2:

What about me? :bawling:

HalJordanFan
07-10-2006, 11:32 PM
Chuck will put up a good fight. I just think he's pretty outmatched in this one.

MONSTER
07-10-2006, 11:43 PM
What about me? :bawling:

The invitation is open to all forum members. We should plan a UFC gathering in Vegas!