PDA

View Full Version : possibly bad cro cop news :(

Sam Wilson
08-05-2006, 03:17 PM
Cro cop is out of prides open weight GP. Apparently pride is refusing to pay him if he wins his first bought and has to fight again. What I mean is if he ends up fighting 2 fights, they are only going to pay him for one.

Pride has been in financial trouble recently since they lost their deal with fujitv because of their yakuza ties, and I gues this is further proof that pride is in trouble.

So no cro cop wanderlei 2. **** **** **** **** ****.

But there is a rumor that the wfa has offered Cro cop some big $$. still though. I"m PO'd. :mad:

MONSTER
08-05-2006, 03:24 PM
Send him to the US.

boondocksaint
08-05-2006, 03:25 PM
Send him to the US.

yeah hell destroy all in the ufc :buttrock:

Sam Wilson
08-05-2006, 03:42 PM
Send him to the US.

that's the rumor. If it pans out, monster, we are so ringide in vegas... :buttrock:

Ish
08-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Send him to the US.
lol that would be glorious!! :eplus2: :laugh:

boondocksaint
08-05-2006, 03:45 PM
that's the rumor. If it pans out, monster, we are so ringide in vegas... :buttrock:

you cro cop groupie :p

(can i come?) :laugh:

Ish
08-05-2006, 03:46 PM
Cro cop is out of prides open weight GP. Apparently pride is refusing to pay him if he wins his first bought and has to fight again. What I mean is if he ends up fighting 2 fights, they are only going to pay him for one.

Pride has been in financial trouble recently since they lost their deal with fujitv because of their yakuza ties, and I gues this is further proof that pride is in trouble.

So no cro cop wanderlei 2. **** **** **** **** ****.

But there is a rumor that the wfa has offered Cro cop some big $$. still though. I"m PO'd. :mad:
hmmm this may be the end of pride. :inquisiti

Sam Wilson
08-05-2006, 03:58 PM
hmmm this may be the end of pride. :inquisiti

it doesn't look good bro. One can hope wanderlei and Fedor can find a good place to go, they are the top money makers besides cro cop. Of course they would crush anyone in the US. I'm honestly waiting impatiently to see how this all pans out.

MONSTER
08-05-2006, 04:12 PM

That would be sweet!

Ish
08-05-2006, 04:29 PM
it doesn't look good bro. One can hope wanderlei and Fedor can find a good place to go, they are the top money makers besides cro cop. Of course they would crush anyone in the US. I'm honestly waiting impatiently to see how this all pans out.
a new org. may be on the horizon :eplus2:

leks
08-05-2006, 05:55 PM
That plain sucks I was truly looking forward to that ****.

Well anyways it must&will get sorted out somehow I mean there's still a huge audience over there and big money to be made, I cant imagine theyre gonna waste that, crocop will fight!!! or else...

misanthrope
08-05-2006, 06:01 PM
man, they better do something to keep people from believing the ufc fighters are the best in the world. ive been a ufc fan since #1 and it took only a few times watching pride events to realize they would dominate. the rules are more fight driven and the fighters seem to be more vicious than their ufc counterparts. ive just recently convinced my friends of the truth and now it seems my efforts have been in vain. damn i hope they re-organize. bringing them to the ufc would be like putting water in your wiskey.

bat_collector
08-05-2006, 08:31 PM
I doubt the ufc would promote all these guys with accents fro mabroad.

Leon
08-06-2006, 10:14 AM
Sorry to hear this Sam, hope it works out in the end.
Just to bad they couldn't wait after the owgp, would've loved to see that.

Sam Wilson
08-06-2006, 11:47 AM
Sorry to hear this Sam, hope it works out in the end.
Just to bad they couldn't wait after the owgp, would've loved to see that.

I know. From now on I guess I'm going to get ppv's based on the fighter rather than the event, and pretty much the only time I'll shell out the $$$ is for cro cop or fedor. And Bas Rutten of course. And semmy. :)

Leon
08-06-2006, 02:36 PM
I know. From now on I guess I'm going to get ppv's based on the fighter rather than the event, and pretty much the only time I'll shell out the $$$ is for cro cop or fedor. And Bas Rutten of course. And semmy. :)
That's pretty much how I watch the events in K-1. There are about 5 fighters I follow throughout the year and only watch the finals as a whole.

bane
08-06-2006, 04:38 PM
That is bad news !!! IMO K-1 is losing a bit in quality fights and now Pride is in trouble !!! they have some of the world's best fighters under contract , this is just plane stupid !!

Leon
08-08-2006, 02:01 PM
Good news Sam! from another forum:
Quick Translation from Sherdog:

Zagreb - After the news of crocop not participating in the pride grand prix finals the japanese reacted fast. They accepted every term that Mirko Filipovic has set and the Croat will participate on the 10th vs Vanderlei Silva.

- I'm happy because I reached an agreement. I will have a chance to make my sports dream come true after all, to be the undisputed champion in competition with silva barnett and minotauro- sayd crocop.

- With this move the pride people have showed how much mirko means to them. If he reaches the final his second fight will be payed, and if he was to win the tournament he will get a 150.000 dollar bonus.

Leon
08-11-2006, 09:02 AM
from a very recent interview:

SN: In the SemiFinals waits Wanderlei Silva?
Mirko: "I don't like him, he's the only fighter who I really dislike in PRIDE. He's weird, without character but he is an outstanding fighter. But I will beat him."

SN: "Who would you like to see in the finals, if you get there?"
Mirko: Doesn't matter. Maybe I prefer Minotauro a little bit although I've beaten Barnett two times. Match between them is going to be great. Minotauro is Minotauro but Barnett is in super shape this year."

SN: The relation with PRIDE DSE lead men was tense these past few days. If you couldn't come in to terms would you participate?
Mirko: "No, I would not."

SN: But surely you have other solutions?
Mirko: "Of course, alternative in USA which is constantly sending me serious offers. But I'm a PRIDE fighter, I know where I got my glory but that doesn't mean I won't go to USA one day"

Sam Wilson
08-11-2006, 06:22 PM
thanks leon, great news.

Clearly though, pride is having problems. I hope they can pull it together, I truely believe their orgainization has the best talent, and if they went under I don't want to see all the fighters going to different promotions. That would be a mess..

Car50n
08-11-2006, 06:53 PM
if PRIDE doesn't get their Sh!T together, a lot of people are in trouble. the pride "middle of the road" guy won't be able to make any real cash. UFC offers feeble purses and you're going to see a lot of retirements. this sux big time..maybe Vince can save Pride...maybe

Sam Wilson
08-11-2006, 06:58 PM
I gotta say though, pride can put on a show.

Nogeria vs. Barnett?

Wandi vs. Cro Cop?

then the winners go at it? It's going to be an awesome show. Word.

Leon
08-12-2006, 04:18 AM
It's going to be an awesome show. Word.
one of the best I hope.

Sam Wilson
08-12-2006, 07:30 AM
one of the best I hope.

to bad we all live in different corners of the world. It would be a blast watching these fights with you guys...

misanthrope
08-12-2006, 07:42 AM
yeah, like watching kung-fu theatre as a kid with all the little hoodlums from the neighborhood.
we need our own group, like b.o.t.h. or g.o.r.e..

Leon
08-12-2006, 11:29 AM
yeah, like watching kung-fu theatre as a kid with all the little hoodlums from the neighborhood.
we need our own group, like b.o.t.h. or g.o.r.e..
here here!

Leon
08-12-2006, 11:30 AM
to bad we all live in different corners of the world. It would be a blast watching these fights with you guys...
Maybe someday my friend...

Leon
08-14-2006, 08:33 AM
for my banned friends:
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2287/1155211926ux1.jpg