PDA

View Full Version : Classic Iron Man (MB) update

randy bowen
08-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Just thought I'd let you guys know something that has just come to our attention.

Based on the initial ho-hum response we received on the classic (silver-dome head) Iron Man, we only put 1500 into production. We received our numbers from Diamond yesterday, and it exceeded that quantity by over a thousand.

We contacted the factory to see if they could fill the additional demand, but the pieces are already completed and are being loaded onto ships.

Expect allocations.

Nightwinger
08-11-2006, 11:02 AM
Expect a loving respone to this great news!!!!!!!!!!!

RichBamf
Ouch!

Feel sorry for MB collectors.

galactus
Well, I guess that means a second run of Gold versions might be good to do?

RichBamf
Expect a loving respone to this great news!!!!!!!!!!!

Especially from some recently very verbal critics. :laugh:

malkii
08-11-2006, 11:03 AM
this wasn't one i was going to be ordering anyway, hope everyone gets them that wanted them...

pmpknface
08-11-2006, 11:03 AM
WoW! Thanks for the head's up Randy.

I guess this situation will make this one harder to get... and the upcoming GOLD version a hot item too! :D

VaultMan
08-11-2006, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the heads up on this one.

JadeGiant
08-11-2006, 11:06 AM
I am glad I pre-ordered and Danny does not allocate

Jesse321
08-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Here we go again. :laugh:

whd
08-11-2006, 11:09 AM
I appreciate the warning, because I know that means my shop probably won't get any. Forewarned...

Mastermold
08-11-2006, 11:10 AM
Can't get it perfect all the time I guess! :laugh:

ilas
08-11-2006, 11:10 AM
2500 and only 1500 available

Who would have thought?

Well, I imagine these will be easy to pick up on ebay when they are first released if you really want one.

RichBamf
08-11-2006, 11:11 AM
2500 and only 1500 available

Who would have thought?

Well, I imagine these will be easy to pick up on ebay when they are first released if you really want one.

Yeah, marked up a little though! :laugh:

ant-man
08-11-2006, 11:11 AM
hhhmmm...sounds like there could be some flippinghere on this one.... :inquisiti

feste
08-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Ordered a month or so ago from Danny. Hope that guarantees it.

nolilia
08-11-2006, 11:19 AM
hhhmmm...sounds like there could be some flippinghere on this one.... :inquisiti

Yup and Im one of them. :laugh:

phnx75
08-11-2006, 11:19 AM
Good thing I was not really interested in this one. It's a little too classic for my taste. I'm waiting for the new one that the K. Brothers are working on.

Mastermold
08-11-2006, 11:20 AM
Good thing I was not really interested in this one. It's a little too classic for my taste. I'm waiting for the new one that the K. Brothers are working on.

Do we know the armor and pose of that one?

Jesse321
08-11-2006, 11:21 AM
Randy ... will there be a gold version variant of this piece?

http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/comics101/images/2003/nov5/avengers1.jpg

That's the one that I really want for my founding Avengers display.

ant-man
08-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Was a Chromed version of this in GOLD confirmed?

is it a Club Exclusive?

Jesse321
08-11-2006, 11:32 AM
I don't care if it's chromed at this point, according to Randy the rejection rate on chrome is really high ... just as long as it's gold, I'm cool with it.

But it would be cool if it was chromed. :D

wktf
08-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Just thought I'd let you guys know something that has just come to our attention.

Based on the initial ho-hum response we received on the classic (silver-dome head) Iron Man, we only put 1500 into production. We received our numbers from Diamond yesterday, and it exceeded that quantity by over a thousand.

We contacted the factory to see if they could fill the additional demand, but the pieces are already completed and are being loaded onto ships.

Expect allocations.
Randy,

I think one lesson from this is that, even on a forum of statue collectors, the voices you hear tend to be a very vocal (and, at times, overly strident) minority. While it may not feel like the best business decision, one thing I've learned from over 2 decades in sales and marketing is that sometimes you just have to trust your gut based on your knowledge and intuition from having been in the business so long. It's risky, I know, but this has proven in hindsight to be one of those cases.

tdevo
08-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the heads up - but a little late. Already ordered with my LCS and now there is no guarantee my shop will even get one. Also too late to order direct from Bowen. More and more it looks like you will have to order direct from Bowen and early to ensure you get what you want - especially if you don't want to pay inflated prices from flippers. It is a shame as I do a good business with my LCS on statues and busts and now they will lose this business.

fossa
08-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the heads up - but a little late. Already ordered with my LCS and now there is no guarantee my shop will even get one. Also too late to order direct from Bowen. More and more it looks like you will have to order direct from Bowen and early to ensure you get what you want - especially if you don't want to pay inflated prices from flippers. It is a shame as I do a good business with my LCS on statues and busts and now they will lose this business.that is what i do. i have one (or 2) pre-ordered...i forget...& am not at home to check :)

JadeGiant
08-11-2006, 11:42 AM
Randy ... will there be a gold version variant of this piece?.

gold chrome according to RB

Car50n
so i guess i'll be the first retailer to say the usual...

this blows a$$.
this is why more and more LCSs can't stay open.
companies depend on the LCS more then the online retailer, yet we're the first ones to get the shaft.
if the pre-order system doesn't get adjusted, more and more Diamond accounts will cut back on all there specialty item orders. i dont even stock stuff like this anymore, special order only. and neither do several other LCS owner i know.

i'm sure i'll think of more reasons when i get my allocated numbers.

JadeGiant
I don't care if it's chromed at this point, according to Randy the rejection rate on chrome is really high ... just as long as it's gold, I'm cool with it.

But it would be cool if it was chromed. :D

don't you know a painter or two? :laugh:

Jesse321
08-11-2006, 11:48 AM
don't you know a painter or two? :laugh:Yes .. but what's the point of spending the extra money to have a piece repainted, if BD's is going to release a gold version anyway? :peoples:

JadeGiant
08-11-2006, 11:51 AM
Yes .. but what's the point of spending the extra money to have a piece repainted, if BD's is going to release a gold version anyway? :peoples:

see the smilie ... I am with you but if it doesn't get released you have a back up plan

Parker
08-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Great was gonna order this last night from Drod and lost my internet connection and now he is no longer selling it

Thanks RB!

Car50n
08-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the heads up - but a little late. Already ordered with my LCS and now there is no guarantee my shop will even get one. Also too late to order direct from Bowen. More and more it looks like you will have to order direct from Bowen and early to ensure you get what you want - especially if you don't want to pay inflated prices from flippers. It is a shame as I do a good business with my LCS on statues and busts and now they will lose this business.

unfortunately with the internet and the savvy collector this is especially volatile with consumers and retailers. i offer up to 20% off my pre-orders, with no shipping costs, or ''club" fees. some people rather not risk an ebay "pre-sale" or pay the inflated shipping costs. I like having smart customers, but when allocations happen, they turn into annoyed customers, who rather not order anything at all, from anyone.

fossa
08-11-2006, 11:54 AM
gold chrome according to RBare you 100% sure about the *chrome* part?

JadeGiant
08-11-2006, 11:57 AM
are you 100% sure about the *chrome* part?

100% sure about what he said his plan was but not 100% sure if it will happen ... deathmask has proven that chrome is never a sure thing until they do some test applications. I would hope that it would work for Iron Man as the surface area looks like it would be easier to work with.

fossa
08-11-2006, 12:02 PM
100% sure about what he said his plan was but not 100% sure if it will happen ... deathmask has proven that chrome is never a sure thing until they do some test applications. I would hope that it would work for Iron Man as the surface area looks like it would be easier to work with.thanX! i'll agree with that assessment. smooth surfaces seem to work a lot better with the chrome.

wow, and all that typing and *NO* typos :p

JadeGiant
08-11-2006, 12:04 PM
thanX! i'll agree with that assessment. smooth surfaces seem to work a lot better with the chrome.

I had one but changed it :laugh:

Parker
08-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the announcement too...now everyone who is screwed out of one will have to pay throught the nose to get one because of flipping and advanced knowledge...

Why is it that we never know the run on any of the pieces?

randy bowen
08-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the announcement too...now everyone who is screwed out of one will have to pay throught the nose to get one because of flipping and advanced knowledge...

Why is it that we never know the run on any of the pieces?

...Because we try to set the run once we've received our numbers from Diamond. The quantities that are being produced is always fluctuating depending on the factories schedule. We always try to fill the demand. We make more money that way.

In this case (and I'm threorizing here) the Iron Man was so simple to produce, that production was completed sooner than anyone expected.

It is our goal to sell sculptures, not to create a windfall for speculators.

Nightwinger
08-11-2006, 12:15 PM
PARKER-----

Why don't you just challange RB to a dual already and get it out of your system.....SHHEEESSSHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

randy bowen
Randy,

I think one lesson from this is that, even on a forum of statue collectors, the voices you hear tend to be a very vocal (and, at times, overly strident) minority. While it may not feel like the best business decision, one thing I've learned from over 2 decades in sales and marketing is that sometimes you just have to trust your gut based on your knowledge and intuition from having been in the business so long. It's risky, I know, but this has proven in hindsight to be one of those cases.

This is a case where I WAS trusting my gut (in additoin to the voices here on the forum).

fossa
everyone has an equal chance of pre-ordering any regular release piece from BD or any other company as soon as they are offered. if you don't, and just wait around and keep putting it off, don't complain about losing out & paying higher prices when these things happen.

just because they are allocated does not meant the prices will go through the roof. they may be a little higher, but not "exclusive" higher. the Black Panther Modern MB was allocated & it's prices did not go through the roof.

d rod
08-11-2006, 12:16 PM
I took it off the site because I don't know how heavy he is planning on allocating. I don't allocate my BD buyers so if I do get hit this time, I don't want to take a huge hit by having to find them for them. I cannot take any additional orders for this until the numbers are released to me. This is why it is very important to place your preorders early. You don't have to place them the first week but at least the first month.
tdevo: you don't have to order directly from BD. You can still get a discount and order by larger dealers. My guess is that if he's going to allocate heavily, everyone is going to feel it, including his direct buyers. Either way, if I do get allocated now that means it is going to short me, I will come up with the extra pieces.

randy bowen
08-11-2006, 12:17 PM
everyone has an equal chance of pre-ordering any regular release piece from BD or any other company as soon as they are offered. if you don't, and just wait around and keep putting it off, don't complaing about losing out & paying higher prices when these things happen.

just because they are allocated does not meant the prices will go through the roof. they may be a little higher, but not "exclusive" higher. the Black Panther Modern MB was allocated & it's prices did not go through the roof

Good points

fossa
08-11-2006, 12:18 PM
This is a case where I WAS trusting my gut (in additoin to the voices here on the forum).but it *IS* Iron Man. he has almost as many fans as Spidey & the Hulk, and a lot of people like collecting all the different versions of his armor. and it is a MB, not a FS, therefore making it affordable for more people.

Jesse321
08-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Why is it that we never know the run on any of the pieces?Think back to the White Moon Knight fiasco. :rolleyes2

Teague
08-11-2006, 12:22 PM
I don't see this MB getting hugely expensive. Heck, you can almost get the FS equivalent of SA Iron Man for the price of a current MB!

Nightwinger
08-11-2006, 12:22 PM
(in additoin to the voices here on the forum).

Well....at least your not listening to the voices in your head......like most of us on this forum. :laugh:

fossa
08-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Well....at least your not listening to the voices in your head......like most of us on this forum. :laugh:speak for yourself :stick:

:)

Nightwinger
08-11-2006, 12:28 PM
Randy...you made a call. And it is what it is.

Other companies don't communicate as much as you do,if at ALL.

Unless someone is a non-USAer. They only have themselves to blame. Even if
they are a LCS owner. I'm sure they could order from BD just like DDrod.

It's been stated that production runs are lower this phase. And My guess the
next,if there is one.

If people haven't learned yet...............................What can you do.

As for LCS owners. They can stillorder from Diamond for ALL the other stuff.

Is BD doing this on purpose--HELL NO!!!!
There a small company trying to stay alive and do well.
JUST like a LCS.

Parker
08-11-2006, 12:38 PM
PARKER-----

Why don't you just challange RB to a dual already and get it out of your system.....SHHEEESSSHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

UNGUARD!!! :p

Car50n
08-11-2006, 12:40 PM
Randy...you made a call. And it is what it is.

Other companies don't communicate as much as you do,if at ALL.

Unless someone is a non-USAer. They only have themselves to blame. Even if
they are a LCS owner. I'm sure they could order from BD just like DDrod.

It's been stated that production runs are lower this phase. And My guess the
next,if there is one.

If people haven't learned yet...............................What can you do.

As for LCS owners. They can stillorder from Diamond for ALL the other stuff.

Is BD doing this on purpose--HELL NO!!!!
There a small company trying to stay alive and do well.
JUST like a LCS.

LCS owners can't order from Bowen Direct. the amounts you have to commit to are huge for u to receive a wholesale discount. last time a retailer i know tried opening a wholesale account, he was denied and told they had closed their house accounts applications.

yeah i can order everything else from Diamond, but that's because they are the only game in town when it comes to an LCS. Also, i dont have to worry about them allocating what truly drives my profit margins and keeps the doors open, the COMICS. My X-men orders dont get cut in half, because X-23 is in it.

Also, bowen house accounts are also allocated. probably not as heavily as diamond accounts. but the guy who gets his stuff direct wholesale, has just as many problems with this stuff as the LCS, who only needs 2 pieces.

MONSTER
08-11-2006, 12:40 PM
That's why everyone needs to order what they want as soon as its released for preorder.

Parker
08-11-2006, 12:41 PM
everyone has an equal chance of pre-ordering any regular release piece from BD or any other company as soon as they are offered. if you don't, and just wait around and keep putting it off, don't complain about losing out & paying higher prices when these things happen.

just because they are allocated does not meant the prices will go through the roof. they may be a little higher, but not "exclusive" higher. the Black Panther Modern MB was allocated & it's prices did not go through the roof.

Actually I did pay more for BP MB not by about $15

Some of us don't have an equal chance of pre-ordering from BD

Could you imagine your favorite music was allocated?

Anyway, I am okay now, back on my medication

Just_joseph
08-11-2006, 12:42 PM
1,500 is sufficient enough for all.
All I need is 1.

BOWEN NUT
08-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Maybe this has already been asked but...

Will there be a gold version of this piece?

A gold version would look great with the original Avengers.

If so, then I can wait for that.

tdevo
08-11-2006, 12:46 PM

So is ordering through your LCS/Diamond "putting it off"? As soon as Bowen's busts/statues come out in the monthly previews magazine, I submit an order to my LCS and they submit their orders prior to the Diamond deadlines. I consider this "pre-ordering". If you can't deliver to Diamond/the LCSs why advertise it in the Previews. This never seemed to be a problem until recently. I got burned on the White Moonknight ordering it through my LCS and now potentially the Classic Iron Man. Some of us have good relationships with our LCS and want to keep them in business. If we had a good feel for edition sizes (in advance) we would know which are "safe" to order from the the LCS and which we should go ahead and order direct from Bowen. Very frustrating.

Parker
08-11-2006, 12:48 PM
I am making an exclusive ...one of a kind...battle damaged Iron Man....just send me your mini bust :eplus2:

fossa
08-11-2006, 12:49 PM
Some of us don't have an equal chance of pre-ordering from BD

but there are a lot of other places you can pre-order from, as you well know

fossa
08-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Maybe this has already been asked but...

Will there be a gold version of this piece?

A gold version would look great with the original Avengers.

If so, then I can wait for that.yes there will be, but we do not have any other details yet...there is talk of it being chrome

Parker
08-11-2006, 12:50 PM
So is ordering through your LCS/Diamond "putting it off"? As soon as Bowen's busts/statues come out in the monthly previews magazine, I submit an order to my LCS and they submit their orders prior to the Diamond deadlines. I consider this "pre-ordering". If you can't deliver to Diamond/the LCSs why advertise it in the Previews. This never seemed to be a problem until recently. I got burned on the White Moonknight ordering it through my LCS and now potentially the Classic Iron Man. Some of us have good relationships with our LCS and want to keep them in business. If we had a good feel for edition sizes (in advance) we would know which are "safe" to order from the the LCS and which we should go ahead and order direct from Bowen. Very frustrating.

Basically in order to get what you want with Bowen and most other companies you have to live your life on the forum

tdevo
08-11-2006, 12:51 PM
but there are a lot of other places you can pre-order from, as you well know

But couldn't they be allocated too.

fossa
08-11-2006, 12:54 PM
So is ordering through your LCS/Diamond "putting it off"? As soon as Bowen's busts/statues come out in the monthly previews magazine, I submit an order to my LCS and they submit their orders prior to the Diamond deadlines. I consider this "pre-ordering". If you can't deliver to Diamond/the LCSs why advertise it in the Previews. This never seemed to be a problem until recently. I got burned on the White Moonknight ordering it through my LCS and now potentially the Classic Iron Man. Some of us have good relationships with our LCS and want to keep them in business. If we had a good feel for edition sizes (in advance) we would know which are "safe" to order from the the LCS and which we should go ahead and order direct from Bowen. Very frustrating.i would say no. you know allocations occur, you just do not know for which pieces it may happen. that is the problem...obviously.

phnx75
08-11-2006, 01:00 PM
but it *IS* Iron Man. he has almost as many fans as Spidey & the Hulk, and a lot of people like collecting all the different versions of his armor. and it is a MB, not a FS, therefore making it affordable for more people.

Yeah, but when most people think Iron Man and want to own one they don't think of that version. they think the classic red and gold version. It may not be that bad.

fossa
08-11-2006, 01:00 PM
But couldn't they be allocated too.yes. i am saying pre-order as soon as you can. do not wait to pre-order. you should have a better chance of getting a piece if you pre-order early. i think that is how the companies do it. i am *ALSO* saying that if you wait too long to pre-order and it is allocated before you do so, you are SOL.

this is obviously not an exact science & is pretty much a guessing game...for ALL involved. you just want to give yourself the best possible chance of getting a piece as possible.

fossa
08-11-2006, 01:01 PM
Yeah, but when most people think Iron Man and want to own one they don't think of that version. they think the classic red and gold version. It may not be that bad.MOST people. you are correct. i just know there is a big IM fan base out there.

tuv1305
08-11-2006, 01:03 PM
Do like most of us do on here, whether we live on this forum or not. Order from Danny. I pay for a Bowen membership, but still order everything except the exclusives through comicstatues.com because they offer the same 20% discount and don't charge shipping. Hell, if Danny sold the exclusives I'd order those through him too.

Danno
08-11-2006, 01:04 PM
I will probably be hung for this...but I for one would love LOVE to see this particular bust done up in a Silver Chrome and a Gold Chrome.. I've always liked Iron Man, one of my favorites and my oldest son ...this is his most favorite character. I am a fan of this old "bucket head" armor too, something very cool 1950's sci-fi to it that just gives it a special warm and fuzzy. I really really would love to see 2 chrome versions come out with him.

wktf
08-11-2006, 01:04 PM
This is a case where I WAS trusting my gut (in additoin to the voices here on the forum).
Well, okay then. Sorry, didn't mean to sound preachy if I came across that way.

Car50n
08-11-2006, 01:29 PM
yes. i am saying pre-order as soon as you can. do not wait to pre-order. you should have a better chance of getting a piece if you pre-order early. i think that is how the companies do it. i am *ALSO* saying that if you wait too long to pre-order and it is allocated before you do so, you are SOL.

this is obviously not an exact science & is pretty much a guessing game...for ALL involved. you just want to give yourself the best possible chance of getting a piece as possible.

Diamond doesn't do orders on a first-come-first-serve basis. orders are due by a certain date and are then processed. allocations are processed AFTER the item is sorted at the warehouse level and they have exact counts to send to retailers. just because u put in my order the 2nd week of the month, doesn't mean i get my whole order, as opposed to putting it in on the last day.

Car50n
08-11-2006, 01:31 PM
Do like most of us do on here, whether we live on this forum or not. Order from Danny. I pay for a Bowen membership, but still order everything except the exclusives through comicstatues.com because they offer the same 20% discount and don't charge shipping. Hell, if Danny sold the exclusives I'd order those through him too.

what about the retailer? who want to make something on it and be able to offer an adequate discount to loyal customers. this is the biggest problem with these allocations. it's not as bad on the consumer, as it is to the retailer.

moon_knight1971
08-11-2006, 01:47 PM
I've been supporting my LCS with statue & MB purchases since 1998 and only recently, this year, have I had to look elsewhere because my LCS gets allocated. This really sucks for me because I can't help my LCS stay in business other than the 12 titles I buy every month and then there's the added pressure of buying what I want online because by then BD is sold out.

Nightwinger
08-11-2006, 02:12 PM
LCS owners can't order from Bowen Direct. the amounts you have to commit to are huge for u to receive a wholesale discount. last time a retailer i know tried opening a wholesale account, he was denied and told they had closed their house accounts applications.

yeah i can order everything else from Diamond, but that's because they are the only game in town when it comes to an LCS. Also, i dont have to worry about them allocating what truly drives my profit margins and keeps the doors open, the COMICS. My X-men orders dont get cut in half, because X-23 is in it.

Also, bowen house accounts are also allocated. probably not as heavily as diamond accounts. but the guy who gets his stuff direct wholesale, has just as many problems with this stuff as the LCS, who only needs 2 pieces.

I posted this before......please take this with a grain of salt.
First...I'm not saying you don't offer good costumer service............... :)

If you know a company has allocation issues. Wouldn't it be good costumer service to first advise them of this website....so they have as up to date info
as possible. Second......with a certain company that has allocation issues. wouldn't also be good costumer service to advise said costumer to buy directly from the comapnay---if the company offers said option.

And. IF a LCS only needs one or two pieces. Why can't a LCS pay the LOW amount of $25 to be a BDCC member and get the 20% off. And then buy the 2 or 3 pieces nedded for said costumers.

I was told. by a LCS...if this is indeed TRUE. That the amount they make on a fullsized statue is NOMINAL---$15-$20. If this IS true. Then a LCS would have to sell ALOT of statues and mini busts to RELY on their doors staying
open,on this kind of merchandise alone.

RANDY has stated many a time---to support your LCS.
I DO NOT believe that BD is try to put LCS out of business.
BD has to make desisions that help to keep THEIR doors open.

AGAIN...it's been stated that production runs WILL be lower.....

2 plus 2 ='s ???????????????

Tattoo-X
08-11-2006, 02:18 PM
Well, I guess that means a second run of Gold versions might be good to do?
I'm hoping so.

Tattoo-X
08-11-2006, 02:25 PM
This is a case where you ought to have listened to Sam and I.
Eat more pie.
Listen to the voices here less.

Mastermold
08-11-2006, 02:41 PM

I just listen to the voices in my head . . . . :tounge:

Car50n
08-11-2006, 02:42 PM
I posted this before......please take this with a grain of salt.
First...I'm not saying you don't offer good costumer service............... :)

If you know a company has allocation issues. Wouldn't it be good costumer service to first advise them of this website....so they have as up to date info
as possible. Second......with a certain company that has allocation issues. wouldn't also be good costumer service to advise said costumer to buy directly from the comapnay---if the company offers said option.

And. IF a LCS only needs one or two pieces. Why can't a LCS pay the LOW amount of $25 to be a BDCC member and get the 20% off. And then buy the 2 or 3 pieces nedded for said costumers.

I was told. by a LCS...if this is indeed TRUE. That the amount they make on a fullsized statue is NOMINAL---$15-$20. If this IS true. Then a LCS would have to sell ALOT of statues and mini busts to RELY on their doors staying
open,on this kind of merchandise alone.

RANDY has stated many a time---to support your LCS.
I DO NOT believe that BD is try to put LCS out of business.
BD has to make desisions that help to keep THEIR doors open.

AGAIN...it's been stated that production runs WILL be lower.....

2 plus 2 ='s ???????????????

how could i pay $25, to get a 20% discount, plus the inflated shipping costs BD posts, and then sell to my customers at regular retail? i wouldn't even be able to offer them a so-so discount. i'm not going to get into the wholesale discounts retailer get thru Diamond, or thru BD Direct. that's personal information and i'm sure other retailers wouldn't appreciate me breaking it down on a public online forum.

also, not everyone owns a computer, or has internet access. or even cares to have it. i do advise customers that things can get allocated. but there is no way for me to know until ship date what gets allocated, and by then it'll be very difficult for me to direct them anywhere that might have it in stock, aside from EBay. and another thing, BD posts order waaaaay before they show up in Diamond Previews and there have been cases where the bust is listed as sold-out on the BD.com before the Preview orders are due at the LCS or Wholesale account.

i mentioned that the COMICS keeps the doors open, and the busts and statues are a bonus, they are eye candy, whatever you make on it is ok, but not great.

randy bowen
08-11-2006, 02:57 PM
I will probably be hung for this...but I for one would love LOVE to see this particular bust done up in a Silver Chrome and a Gold Chrome.. I've always liked Iron Man, one of my favorites and my oldest son ...this is his most favorite character. I am a fan of this old "bucket head" armor too, something very cool 1950's sci-fi to it that just gives it a special warm and fuzzy. I really really would love to see 2 chrome versions come out with him.

OK Danno- For you...we'll do it :)

VaultMan
08-11-2006, 03:02 PM

Holy $hit! Whatya trying to do, cause a riot? :laugh:

I dont really see the classic Iron Man MB being a good candidate for chroming. The old classic armor is more "Iron" and primary than the shiny, golden cutting-edge type armor we have come to appreciate from Tony Stark. Keep it down and dirty, I say.

Now the gold chrome version of the Iron Man MB, SWEET, bring it on.

Mastermold
08-11-2006, 03:02 PM

Keep this up and you're going to have to change your first name to Santa! :laugh: :buttrock:

malkii
08-11-2006, 03:03 PM
now the Chrome ones in this I may have to get... espically GOLD... thank you Randy

VaultMan
08-11-2006, 03:04 PM
Was a Chromed version of this in GOLD confirmed?

is it a Club Exclusive?

Last I heard, the gold chrome Iron Man MB was a go.

Primal
08-11-2006, 03:19 PM
Expect allocations.
Sweet! :buttrock:

fossa
08-11-2006, 03:23 PM
Diamond doesn't do orders on a first-come-first-serve basis. orders are due by a certain date and are then processed. allocations are processed AFTER the item is sorted at the warehouse level and they have exact counts to send to retailers. just because u put in my order the 2nd week of the month, doesn't mean i get my whole order, as opposed to putting it in on the last day.OK. I am not talking about retailers/people who order through Diamond. I understand that is a whole different "ball of wax" that has a lot of problems.

Danno
08-11-2006, 03:24 PM

YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These will be awesome!!!!

tuv1305
08-11-2006, 03:26 PM
what about the retailer? who want to make something on it and be able to offer an adequate discount to loyal customers. this is the biggest problem with these allocations. it's not as bad on the consumer, as it is to the retailer.

Wish I had an answer for you as easy as "Order from Danny!" :)

As someone else beat me to suggesting, the only thing I could think to recommend is if you're having trouble getting these through your shop, point customers this way. Do you have internet access there at the shop? If so, maybe you could let customers use it (not to browse this forum of course, you'd never get your computer back) but to access BD's or Danny's pages for ordering. While it doesn't bring the money to you, the good will created might. The difference in customer service I've gotten from Danny as opposed to my LCS is the reason why I've chosen to support him instead.

JadeGiant
08-11-2006, 03:34 PM

I have to completely agree ... I am a big time Iron Man fan and would love to see both done up in CHROME. I thought about it a few times but never posted as I tought it not likely to happen.

Bring it on

'Nuff
08-11-2006, 03:39 PM
thanX! i'll agree with that assessment. smooth surfaces seem to work a lot better with the chrome.

You have a few...

claws181
08-11-2006, 03:41 PM
I'm glad I ordered straight from BD

claws181
08-11-2006, 03:44 PM
Chrome Versions would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

ftrez
08-11-2006, 03:47 PM
So are the boxes printed? Can't you place a second order with the factory and release them after the first ones?

Expect allocations.

fossa
08-11-2006, 04:01 PM
You have a few...where???

fossa
08-11-2006, 04:04 PM
that is what i do. i have one (or 2) pre-ordered...i forget...& am not at home to check :)it is 2 :thumbs2:

'Nuff
08-11-2006, 04:05 PM
where???
No caps...But you always type that way....

fossa
08-11-2006, 04:10 PM
No caps...But you always type that way....correct. but that is not a "typo". & i always type "thanX", too!

but there is *1* typo somewhere in this thread...

fossa
08-11-2006, 04:11 PM
it is 2 :thumbs2:and i just ordered 2 more :thumbs2:

'Nuff
08-11-2006, 04:12 PM
correct. but that is not a "typo". & i always type "thanX", too!

but there is *1* typo somewhere in this thread...
I ain't gonna look for it...Just picking at YOU...

fossa
08-11-2006, 04:15 PM
One other thing that i don't think anyone has mentioned. RB is nice enough to come on here and warn people about the allocations. That is better than finding out at the last minute when they ship/after they ship. At least this way, he is giving you (it does not matter to me because i order direct from BD) some time to look elsewhere to place an order. I am sure there are places you can place an order even now & still have a good chance to get one. IMO.

'Nuff
08-11-2006, 04:19 PM
One other thing that i don't think anyone has mentioned. RB is nice enough to come on here and warn people about the allocations. That is better than finding out at the last minute when they ship/after they ship. At least this way, he is giving you (it does not matter to me because i order direct from BD) some time to look elsewhere to place an order. I am sure there are places you can place an order even now & still have a good chance to get one. IMO.
Now you are using caps...Is that a typo...?...

fossa
08-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Now you are using caps...Is that a typo...?...:laugh:

'Nuff
08-11-2006, 04:27 PM
:laugh:
Now...fix you avatar... :confused2

nolilia
08-11-2006, 04:27 PM

Is this a perfect description of "bowenosing" :laugh:

'Nuff
08-11-2006, 04:28 PM
Is this a perfect description of "bowenosing" :laugh:
Great "term"...

fossa
08-11-2006, 04:34 PM
Is this a perfect description of "bowenosing" :laugh:oh, you're just sore because you are not getting 5 Frankie Rayes :stick:

OneOne78
08-11-2006, 04:34 PM
Oh well, I'm glad I ordered my bust.

nolilia
08-11-2006, 04:46 PM
oh, you're just sore because you are not getting 5 Frankie Rayes :stick:

Im loving it. :buttrock: :laugh:

MiamiLoco
08-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Damn, that's pretty bad news. Randy, quick question, so I'm assuming that if dealers are getting allocated, people who ordered directly from you are also going to get allocated, am I correct?

HoldyourfireAl
08-11-2006, 05:25 PM

You better get Danno to paint your new Iron Man FSs!!!!!!!

msw313
08-11-2006, 06:11 PM
Certainly a valid estimate, based on the unfortunately dismal performance of the Original Iron Man FS a few years back. I loved that one and bought both gray and gold versions, but so many of them sat gathering dust for years on retailers' shelves at deep discounts. Even BD eventually drastically cut the price on their website to clear out the inventory.

I'll probably be stiffed on allocation, but I understand RB's reasons for the conservative production order.

patrickwm68
08-11-2006, 06:18 PM
They're seems to be a de ja vu with this Iron Man. I remember the first Iron Man bust being extremely allocated. My LCS didn't get any but luckily Golden Apple Comics in CA had one left and he didn't gouge me on it.

randy bowen
08-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Damn, that's pretty bad news. Randy, quick question, so I'm assuming that if dealers are getting allocated, people who ordered directly from you are also going to get allocated, am I correct?

That's a question for Heather. I don't typically deal with those types of details. I'll need to get beack to you on that.

patrickwm68
08-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Now that I think about it, I had to hunt for the 2nd one too.

MiamiLoco
08-11-2006, 06:25 PM
That's a question for Heather. I don't typically deal with those types of details. I'll need to get beack to you on that.
Wait, so if you can't answer, does that mean that there is a possibility that people who ordered directly from you won't get allocated?

bat_collector
08-11-2006, 06:30 PM
man, and I really liked this one.

Captain Late
08-11-2006, 06:36 PM
Ding dang... Wish I'd ordered one the other day when I ordered Terrax and the Destroyer... :(

bat_collector
08-11-2006, 07:20 PM
well if a chromed version is released, Ireally don't care. :)

Tattoo-X
08-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Heads up doesn't really help in some cases.
I ordered one from my LCS, and they ordered from Diamond.
LCS won't know if they're allocated until Diamond ships.
By then flippers have jacked the prices up on Ebay.
Looking elsewhere won't get me as good of a deal that I get from my LCS.
Only way to guarantee a reasonable price is to go ahead and hunt for one now, and if I receive on from my LCS, flip it.

Either way, this situation sucks, and is getting old. :rolleyes2

Endless Wake
08-11-2006, 10:29 PM
If chrome versions are made of the silver and gold( :buttrock: ), there could be end up being 5,000 pieces of this sculpt, enough for everyone!

1500 silver
1500 gold
1000 silver chrome
1000 gold chrome

Captain Late
08-11-2006, 10:51 PM
It is ridiculous that Iron Man in any costume would be the same run as friggin' Attuma!
If you can stop Sasquatch mid production to change the FREAKING BASE then ordering another 1000 of these THAT PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY ORDERED should be something to at least consider...
IMHO

Tattoo-X
08-11-2006, 11:05 PM
It is ridiculous that Iron Man in any costume would be the same run as friggin' Attuma!
If you can stop Sasquatch mid production to change the FREAKING BASE then ordering another 1000 of these THAT PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY ORDERED should be something to at least consider...
IMHO
So true, yet it's not going to happen.

Randy has promised not to do second editions.
Obviously these are done, and already been numbered.

So, no the question is, exactly how are the bases produced?
How can CBS be in the same numbering scheme as the RBS? :inquisiti

DD_fan96
08-11-2006, 11:30 PM

Ok, since Randy said he'd do 2 different chrome versions of Iron Man because Danno asked, is that as good as done?

Can we bank on this happening now? If so I will definately buy these.

Hope this is true!!

marvelboi77
08-11-2006, 11:59 PM
This goes to show you if you really want something, stop trying to get it off of Ebay for $19. But then again the ones you get deals on you should be able to afford to pay $75 for Ironman.

fossa
08-12-2006, 12:02 AM
Ok, since Randy said he'd do 2 different chrome versions of Iron Man because Danno asked, is that as good as done?
i would say not. RB was just messin' around.

VaultMan
08-12-2006, 12:06 AM
IMHO

VERY very good point.

rychehitman
08-12-2006, 12:16 AM
VERY very good point.

VERY VERY VERY good point!

JadeGiant
08-12-2006, 12:19 AM
VERY VERY VERY good point!

I thought that point sucked!
j/k :laugh:

DD_fan96
08-12-2006, 01:16 AM
i would say not. RB was just messin' around.

oh well…

randy bowen
08-12-2006, 09:17 AM
IMHO

I guess you didn't read my inital statement.

We TRIED to increase the quantity.
By the time we got the number from Diamond, the pieces were produced, numbered, boxed, and sitting on a dock. This way just a few days ago.

It was logistically impossible to simply increase the run. The only way it could have been done is to have the factory transport the pieces to an outside warehouse, open each and every one, strip of the numbers, re-number,store the pieces, produce more pieces, wait 2 more months, re-package and re-ship. This would increase our costs dramatically, and designate this oitem (by Diamonds standards) as: Shipping late, thus making it returnable by retailers

This is simply not an option. Sasquatch was caught in mid-production, NOT at the end.

The run was low based opn comments from the forum, and our own experience with this version of Iron Man NOT being a brisk seller.

bat_collector
08-12-2006, 09:43 AM
Randy, just do chrome original costume and all will be good. :)

Captain Late
08-12-2006, 09:45 AM

By the time we got the number from Diamond, the pieces were produced, numbered, boxed, and sitting on a dock. This way just a few days ago.

It was logistically impossible to simply increase the run. The only way it could have been done is to have the factory transport the pieces to an outside warehouse, open each and every one, strip of the numbers, re-number,store the pieces, produce more pieces, wait 2 more months, re-package and re-ship. This would increase our costs dramatically, and designate this oitem (by Diamonds standards) as: Shipping late, thus making it returnable by retailers

This is simply not an option. Sasquatch was caught in mid-production, NOT at the end.

The run was low based opn comments from the forum, and our own experience with this version of Iron Man NOT being a brisk seller.

Hi Randy, I really didn't mean to come off as strident as that read, In fact, my initial thought was "damn Randy for listening to the vocal minority on the board" since that is rarely foolproof. And I do understand about the fact that it was fairly impossible to do, it just sounded funnier with all the CAPS... I should have put a damn smiley on the *@#%$ post... :)

My main point was the first one, the same run as Frigging Attuma!

randy bowen
08-12-2006, 10:09 AM
Randy, just do chrome original costume and all will be good. :)

Anything for you BC. Consider it done.

Dante
08-12-2006, 10:22 AM
Anything for you BC. Consider it done.

LOL...you always say that.

Seriously though, I'm certain a gold Classic bust was always planned. It'll be the one most folks are going to jump on anyhow, so don't fret too much about the 1500 production run on the silver.

Car50n
08-12-2006, 12:34 PM

last time i looked at my Diamond retailer form, it marks all your items as CAUTION: 4. which gives them 90 days from the estimated shipping date in the Previews. which for Iron Man is September. in theory you have until December to get Diamond the busts. hate to rain on the parade, but this is fact, not fiction.

vetteman
08-12-2006, 12:42 PM
last time i looked at my Diamond retailer form, it marks all your items as CAUTION: 4. which gives them 90 days from the estimated shipping date in the Previews. which for Iron Man is September. in theory you have until December to get Diamond the busts. hate to rain on the parade, but this is fact, not fiction.
That still doesn't change the fact that the price would shoot up.

randy bowen
08-12-2006, 01:07 PM

So you're saying you know for sure that we could produce the extra qty. by the deadline? We don't even know if the factory would have done all of what I was theorizing on. If they did- it would have cost a lot extra for warehousing etc. We can't go back and change the advertised price to account for the increase.

Don't you think that if we could have produced more we would have? We would have made more money.

Bullseye
08-12-2006, 01:10 PM
I think its getting to the stage where is is best not reveal the ES#.

Car50n
08-12-2006, 01:35 PM
So you're saying you know for sure that we could produce the extra qty. by the deadline? We don't even know if the factory would have done all of what I was theorizing on. If they did- it would have cost a lot extra for warehousing etc. We can't go back and change the advertised price to account for the increase.

Don't you think that if we could have produced more we would have? We would have made more money.

no, i'm saying, dont pull a Landis and give a new different excuse every 5 minutes. it's better to have just told the facts straight up and left it at that. and not put the blame on diamond's policies. while I agree they aren't the greatest in the world, you should at least state them correctly as to not get your spot blown up when caught in hyperbole. i get the part about expenses to manufacture more. i understand the logistics just dont work. my family worked presses and binderies for years, and scrapping a run, with a deadline, is something that is as close to hell as possible.

you've blamed diamond before for allocations and shortages to LCSs. but you have more control over that then Diamond ever will. If they don't have it, they can't ship it.

to put it bluntly, you fvcked up the qty's, retailers are getting shorted, again.

boobhound
08-12-2006, 01:40 PM
Well, I don't care what hoop I gotta jump thru, I want it an by God I will get it. It took 2 or 3 years of my life an money to get all that I missed before VISION but I got them all. I will have this one!

Thanks for the ''heads up'', Randy!

vetteman
08-12-2006, 01:40 PM
no, i'm saying, dont pull a Landis and give a new different excuse every 5 minutes. it's better to have just told the facts straight up and left it at that. and not put the blame on diamond's policies. while I agree they aren't the greatest in the world, you should at least state them correctly as to not get your spot blown up when caught in hyperbole. i get the part about expenses to manufacture more. i understand the logistics just dont work. my family worked presses and binderies for years, and scrapping a run, with a deadline, is something that is as close to hell as possible.

you've blamed diamond before for allocations and shortages to LCSs. but you have more control over that then Diamond ever will. If they don't have it, they can't ship it.

to put it bluntly, you fvcked up the qty's, retailers are getting shorted, again.
:eek: Things are getting hot in here. :confused2

Car50n
08-12-2006, 01:52 PM
:eek: Things are getting hot in here. :confused2

nah. i'm done.

hopefully

vetteman
08-12-2006, 01:55 PM
nah. i'm done.

hopefullyOh don't get me wrong. I agree with you.

Collection King 13
08-12-2006, 01:55 PM

Exactly! From My stand point it seems like BD is trying to cut out Diamond orders and start making everyone order direct...

randy bowen
08-12-2006, 01:58 PM

There's never a simple answer. I'm not blaming Diamond. I'm just saying that it's part of the equation, and one of the factors that affects a decision.

For me to come here and explain every facet of how a decision is made is not prodcutive. If it seems that I'm changing my story, perhaps it comes from different aspects of the situation being explored every 5 minutes as well.

No matter what we do- someone will always have a problem with it.

Dante
08-12-2006, 02:02 PM
I find it more than a little amusing that some folks are losing their minds about a bust that initially was met with little more than a collective yawn here on the boards a couple months ago.

Collection King 13
08-12-2006, 02:02 PM
There's never a simple answer. I'm not blaming Diamond. I'm just saying that it's part of the equation, and one of the factors that affects a decision.

For me to come here and explain every facet of how a decision is made is not prodcutive. If it seems that I'm changing my story, perhaps it comes from different aspects of the situation being explored every 5 minutes as well.

The only problem there is that you keep putting your foot in your mouth by changing your story every few minutes...

Tattoo-X
08-12-2006, 02:06 PM
How about this question? A straight forward, honest one.

Will there be a repaint of some kind in the near future?

Not that it would help me much, since I'll want both, but it might knock the wind out of the flippers a little.

Dante
08-12-2006, 02:07 PM
The only problem there is that you keep putting your foot in your mouth by changing your story every few minutes...

Yep.

The best course of action would have been to make the initial post, tell everyone it was going to be allocated due to higher than expected orders, and leave it at that. I respect and admire Randy's desire to explain this to all of us, but no matter how well he does it, there will always be folks who aren't satisfied.

boobhound
08-12-2006, 02:09 PM

Mr. Bowen, way I see it is it's YOUR business even has you name in the logo/design. Keep running your business the same way you have. If anyone thinks they can do better, let them start up their own business an run it as they see fit. Then, I think they would see that business decisions are more complicated than they realize.

randy bowen
08-12-2006, 02:10 PM
How about this question? A straight forward, honest one.

Will there be a repaint of some kind in the near future?

Not that it would help me much, since I'll want both, but it might knock the wind out of the flippers a little.

Repaint- no. but there will be a chrome or gold chrome version

Tattoo-X
08-12-2006, 02:11 PM
What I don't understand is why the production company got the go ahead to start manufacturing before Diamond's numbers where in.

Collection King 13
08-12-2006, 02:11 PM
Ummmmm.... Isnt that one in the same? :peoples:

Tattoo-X
08-12-2006, 02:12 PM
So, totally different sculpt in chrome?

Dante
08-12-2006, 02:14 PM

Is it too early to toss my 2 cents in for a gold chrome version then? :)

I don't think the original armor was supposed to look like anything other than "battleship grey" sheet metal anyhow.

That is, unless Professor Yinsen had a serious bling fetish that we didn't know about.

randy bowen
08-12-2006, 02:15 PM

Why don't you show the folks where exactly I've changed my story every five minutes.

randy bowen
08-12-2006, 02:17 PM
What I don't understand is why the production company got the go ahead to start manufacturing before Diamond's numbers where in.

That's the way it's done with every single product we produce. It's the only way we have enough lead-time.

boobhound
08-12-2006, 02:29 PM
Well, BD (Randy and his posse) come up with NUMEROUS ways to try to be fair to their collectors, fans, and "business" customers (retailers) when coming out with something HOT. They have tried many ways to try to please everybody, yet the complaining never ceases. This includes Gold Bucky (lottery), Phasing Vision, Con exclusives (CSS, C Punisher, FFF, etc), and Collectors Club exclusives. ALL PI$$ OFF a lot of folks and all they are trying to do (IMO) is give us what we want: A LIMITED EDITION COLLECTABLE QUALITY PIECE. I think they are just trying to satisfy as many of their customers as they can, while keeping it real for the collector. I, for 1, really appreciate that. They are doing the best they can as they decide how to go forward with their business. IT IS A BUSINESS, to run as they see fit! I am not a "Bowenoser", nor do I have any issues with "flipping". I think we all just need to relax and worry about what WE CONTROL, which is where we do our business and how we enjoy what we collect. I will continue collecting BD products until I like them no more, which won't be for a while it looks like.

Just a nerd's opinion............. :)

This was taken from another post, but it surely applies here. And I agree with it, 110%!

Tattoo-X
08-13-2006, 01:09 AM
That's the way it's done with every single product we produce. It's the only way we have enough lead-time.
Didn't know that. Figured that all the times you said Diamond's orders are a big part in figuring production run, that the numbers were in before production.

Seems a little backwards to me.

In the plywood business, they've figured it's more cost affective to take orders, then produce the plywood. Instead of produce like mad, and having extra inventory just sitting around.

tdevo
08-13-2006, 11:42 AM

Couldn't you allow a little longer leadtime for production i.e. advertise earlier in Diamond (i.e. DC Direct) to get their orders? Sounds like Diamond could have almost doubled your numbers on the Classic Iron Man. Correct me if I am wrong - but it is at least a month from the time a piece shows up on your website (for order) to when it hits Diamond's Previews for order. Then you have to wait almost another month to get those orders. I know it is not an exact science but I work in an industry were we solicit orders 4-5 months in advance (of shipping) before giving our production estimates to the factories overseas. Of course we always add some buffer to the orders, especially on items we think will do well. I am sure you do this as well. I imagine there was some added interest in this piece based on the upcoming Iron Man movie.

lord odin
08-13-2006, 11:46 AM
Didn't know that. Figured that all the times you said Diamond's orders are a big part in figuring production run, that the numbers were in before production.

Seems a little backwards to me.

In the plywood business, they've figured it's more cost affective to take orders, then produce the plywood. Instead of produce like mad, and having extra inventory just sitting around.
Same in the coke business uh so i`ve been told. :confused2

JavOner
08-13-2006, 12:13 PM

Since there will be no repaint. Will the chrome or gold ironman be in a different pose.

Endless Wake
08-13-2006, 12:17 PM
It sounds like the main beef here is that shops who depend on diamond to get their BD products will be shorted. Drod once posted his formula for pre-orders, which left room for allocations, which is the smart thing to do, perhaps the shop owners should adopt a similar system.

Car50n
08-13-2006, 12:28 PM
It sounds like the main beef here is that shops who depend on diamond to get their BD products will be shorted. Drod once posted his formula for pre-orders, which left room for allocations, which is the smart thing to do, perhaps the shop owners should adopt a similar system.

diamond doesn't have an allocation system. you dont know what you're getting, or not getting until you receive your invoice, usually the friday before the next shipment. case in point. i recieved ZERO WMK statues, for each of the 3 Diamond accounts i placed them with.

another note. most BD direct accounts have received their orders by the time LCSs get theirs from Diamond, which of course means, that you're SOL with backorders.

Brian R.
08-13-2006, 12:54 PM
I find it more than a little amusing that some folks are losing their minds about a bust that initially was met with little more than a collective yawn here on the boards a couple months ago.

Exactly, a lot of guys on the board do nothing but bash a particular bust and then get upset when there are fewer numbers made.

nolilia
08-13-2006, 01:04 PM
Exactly, a lot of guys on the board do nothing but bash a particular bust and then get upset when there are fewer numbers made.

When Randy speaks, everyone listens.:laugh:

Seamus McClernan
08-13-2006, 01:10 PM
...that's all the variant needed.

Endless Wake
08-13-2006, 02:31 PM
diamond doesn't have an allocation system. you dont know what you're getting, or not getting until you receive your invoice, usually the friday before the next shipment. case in point. i recieved ZERO WMK statues, for each of the 3 Diamond accounts i placed them with.

another note. most BD direct accounts have received their orders by the time LCSs get theirs from Diamond, which of course means, that you're SOL with backorders.
From what I recall, Drod does something like preselling only 30% of his total order so that if an item is allocated to half, his customers still get their product. This can backfire and your left with unsold pieces, you just have to find a balance that works for your store and trust your gut on what will sell.

Car50n
08-13-2006, 02:52 PM
From what I recall, Drod does something like preselling only 30% of his total order so that if an item is allocated to half, his customers still get their product. This can backfire and your left with unsold pieces, you just have to find a balance that works for your store and trust your gut on what will sell.

30% is fine when you have a history of only getting allocated about that amount. however, Diamond has been known to cut orders anywhere from 50 to 100%. how do u pre-empt for a 100% allocation?

Captain Late
08-13-2006, 04:05 PM
One thing Randy mentioned which has been glossed over is that the relative simplicity of the piece (lots of smooth surface and an easy paint job I imagine) led to it being completely finished and ready to ship way ahead of schedule which took everybody by surprise. It's basically a flukey situation.
There's something for everyone to learn from this. For the fans it's like MB said, stop thinking your going to get something for half off on ebay and for BD don't make runs under 2000 unless they're true C and D listers like Attuma or Sunfire... I understand the experience with the Original Iron Man Statue wasn't good (although I love the statue) but a mini bust is a different situation...

'Nuff
08-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Fewer numbers = Higher resale in most cases...The ones that didn't order when it was announced didn't want it until they found out the run size...Simple economics of supply and demand...

marvelboi77
08-13-2006, 06:41 PM
Randy stop fighting with these clowns and get sculpting on Carol Danvers. :p

Primal
08-13-2006, 06:46 PM
:laugh: :laugh:

'Nuff
08-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Make that Sgt. Fury...

blackjack
08-13-2006, 08:36 PM

Very good point! Some people just need to realize that these are only collectibles! If you don't like the way that BD has been handling their products and customer service , there are other company to support like SS, HH, or DST!

I like the fact that Randy does tried to interact with his fans on a regular basis...not much can be said about SS, HH, or DST!

I, for one, will continue to support BD! :buttrock:

Tattoo-X
08-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Very good point! Some people just need to realize that these are only collectibles! If you don't like the way that BD has been handling their products and customer service , there are other company to support like SS, HH, or DST!

I like the fact that Randy does tried to interact with his fans on a regular basis...not much can be said about SS, HH, or DST!

I, for one, will continue to support BD! :buttrock:

Good for you! :)

Ink
08-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Make that Sgt. Fury...

make that

<------------------a MB of this dude in the avatar :D

Jameshowlett
08-25-2006, 07:05 PM
Holy $hit! Whatya trying to do, cause a riot? :laugh:

I dont really see the classic Iron Man MB being a good candidate for chroming. The old classic armor is more "Iron" and primary than the shiny, golden cutting-edge type armor we have come to appreciate from Tony Stark. Keep it down and dirty, I say.

Now the gold chrome version of the Iron Man MB, SWEET, bring it on.
VaultMan........be quiet!!!I want a chrome Silver AND Gold!! J/K :pi

moon_knight1971
08-25-2006, 07:36 PM
Where's STINGRAY?!?

fossa
08-27-2006, 12:23 PM
yes he did say 1500...or was he foolin'...

'Nuff
08-27-2006, 01:28 PM
yes he did say 1500...or was he foolin'...
That's what he said...He explains it later on...