Darth_Ryan
08-14-2006, 03:41 AM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/mrb_s10/she-dragon/DSC07043.jpg

Mjolnir,Ant Mans helmet and Caps Sheild

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/mrb_s10/she-dragon/DSC07045.jpg

Ultron and somebody's sword

JLM
08-14-2006, 03:50 AM
Congratulations. I'm guessing the sword would be Black Knight's. No clue on the glasses.

buchieboy
08-14-2006, 03:52 AM
Way to go pareng Ryan!
can you give us other view of hawkeye?
thanks! =)

Bullseye
08-14-2006, 03:53 AM
Very nice. Mine should be here soon.

jerryhallvenom
08-14-2006, 03:53 AM
Yes great pic's ! :)

lord odin
08-14-2006, 04:13 AM
Congratulations. I'm guessing the sword would be Black Knight's. No clue on the glasses.
Wonderman`s glasses.

workingdog
08-14-2006, 04:23 AM
Wonderman`s glasses.
That they are!

http://i2.tinypic.com/oqx6hg.jpg

strange_one
08-14-2006, 05:29 AM
very nice. can the bowstring be untensed and the arrow lifted off, or is it fused?

risingstar
08-14-2006, 05:34 AM
Stunning!

berenger
08-14-2006, 05:42 AM
thats a sweet a** piece...have to pick this up at some point

BOSCO
08-14-2006, 05:55 AM
Grats DR,it looks awesome :buttrock:

rAd
08-14-2006, 06:04 AM
wow congrats ryan on that great piece!

MitchCollectibles
08-14-2006, 06:12 AM
Very Nice Ryan!!
You in Philippines or base in USA?

Mitch

Crazy 88
08-14-2006, 06:49 AM
Definitely gonna pick up this piece sooner or later. So the knee issue is resolved?

Alex655321
08-14-2006, 06:59 AM
That they are!

Thanks for posting that article WD. Good info to know.
Nice statue and thanks for posting pics of the base DR :buttrock:

RichBamf
08-14-2006, 07:19 AM
That piece looks as stunning in person as it does from the promo pics. :buttrock:

Justin
08-14-2006, 08:10 AM
great statue!
Hawkeye still bores me tho! :p

Jesse321
08-14-2006, 08:15 AM
Definitely gonna pick up this piece sooner or later. So the knee issue is resolved?I don't know about any "knee issue" but that front ankle issue sure isn't resolved. :rolleyes2

pmpknface
08-14-2006, 08:19 AM
Looks good!

Crazy 88
08-14-2006, 08:34 AM
Oops... ankle issue. My bad. Yup, the ankle issue don't seem resolved to me as well.

carrillj
08-14-2006, 08:39 AM
I can't notice a problem with the ankle, but then again I never tried bending it that way either. No matter, I don't think it's even an issue, because I think this statue is probably Randy's best sculpt. I'm really looking forward to getting it.

whd
08-14-2006, 08:59 AM
Oops... ankle issue. My bad. Yup, the anklw issue don't seem resolved to me as well.
Those carnie folk are just extra flexible. :)

X-Men Fan
08-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Looks great. I can't wait for mine to get here. :)

chromesamurai
08-14-2006, 09:39 AM
The ankle isn't really that off. Do that with your foot. You can almost do it. Unless you have zero flexibility.

Jesse321
08-14-2006, 09:44 AM
The ankle isn't really that off. Do that with your foot. You can almost do it. Unless you have zero flexibility.No you can't, and yes it is, there is no way that your leg can bend to that angle and still have your entire foot (the back) on the floor (unless your foot or ankle is broken, in which case you wouldn't be able to stand on it at all) Your body weight would be resting on the front portion of your foot only.

If you have such an amazing level of flexibility, I would like to see you post a picture of you (or anyone else on the forum) doing it. :rolleyes2

bat_collector
08-14-2006, 09:57 AM
I'm so glad I passed on this piece.

Underwhelming, and the base isn't even that nice to make up for it.

nolilia
08-14-2006, 10:02 AM
I would prefer this version than the ones produced by the other two companies.

the Hammer
08-14-2006, 10:24 AM
I don't know about any "knee issue" but that front ankle issue sure isn't resolved. :rolleyes2

It was clear to me that since it was never shown as "fixed" that it would be produced as it was first shown with the bent ankle. What I don't get is how it even gets sculpted that way to begin with. To me it just doesn't look right, regardless of whether or not it's humanly feasible to do.

Deadpool
08-14-2006, 10:27 AM
May pick this up at a later date! Really well done!

thecallahan
08-14-2006, 10:38 AM
No you can't, and yes it is, there is no way that your leg can bend to that angle and still have your entire foot (the back) on the floor (unless your foot or ankle is broken, in which case you wouldn't be able to stand on it at all) Your body weight would be resting on the front portion of your foot only.

If you have such an amazing level of flexibility, I would like to see you post a picture of you (or anyone else on the forum) doing it. :rolleyes2

Hell, I wanna see a pic of someone turning green and jumping a mile into the air, that's a bit more impressive :D

Dante
08-14-2006, 10:48 AM
Hell, I wanna see a pic of someone turning green and jumping a mile into the air, that's a bit more impressive :D

BWAH-HAH-HAH-HAH!! :laugh:

malkii
08-14-2006, 10:53 AM
may have to pick this one up if i can find a deal on EBay...

claws181
08-14-2006, 10:54 AM
I really like this!

Jesse321
08-14-2006, 11:01 AM
Hell, I wanna see a pic of someone turning green and jumping a mile into the air, that's a bit more impressive :DFunny :rolleyes2

feste
08-14-2006, 11:05 AM
I'm so glad I passed on this piece.

Underwhelming, and the base isn't even that nice to make up for it.

Gotta tell you, I was psyched for this statue , but I agree with Bats. Maybe it'll turn out as dynamic as I hoped, but these pics are underwhelming. I was debating between this and DST's, but jumped on this since it came out earlier and I thought they were about equal. It actually might look better if displayed head up, 3/4, or maybe even back side, but the front side display isn't working for me.

thecallahan
08-14-2006, 11:07 AM
Funny :rolleyes2

Why thank you! :D

vetteman
08-14-2006, 11:19 AM
I really wanted this piece untill people brought up the whole ankle thing. Now I can't even look at the piece anymore without going strait to the rubber ankle. Totally ruined the entire piece for me. :mad:

Teague
08-14-2006, 11:29 AM
I really wanted this piece untill people brought up the whole ankle thing. Now I can't even look at the piece anymore without going strait to the rubber ankle. Totally ruined the entire piece for me. :mad:

It bugs me a little bit too, which is surprising, since I'm not usually bugged much by this sort of thing. I'm wondering if it's an angle thing--I'm not debating that it's a sculpting flaw, since I know nothing about the art whatsoever. I'm just thinking that you wouldn't notice it so much if it wasn't at that angle?

Or maybe that's just me hoping. Still looking forward to this piece. Should be a great addition to my Avengers FS group, ankle issue or no.

batman1180
08-14-2006, 11:32 AM
whats the run size on this one?

Archangel
08-14-2006, 11:39 AM
I can't wait to get mine! I wonder if there is a sculptor out there that would be interested in doing a scale Antman or Wasp to put on the tip of the arrow for me.

vetteman
08-14-2006, 11:45 AM
I can't wait to get mine! I wonder if there is a sculptor out there that would be interested in doing a scale Antman or Wasp to put on the tip of the arrow for me.
Isn't Antman's little helm laying on the ground? If he was blown up or whatever happened to him, how would he be on the arrow also? :confused2

Archangel
08-14-2006, 11:52 AM
Isn't Antman's little helm laying on the ground? If he was blown up or whatever happened to him, how would he be on the arrow also? :confused2

Yeah you are right, damn! I guess by adding Wasp to the tip of the arrow it would take away from the seriousness of the sculpt and make it to whimsical.

High Lord Apocalypse
08-14-2006, 11:52 AM
whats the run size on these??? how did anyone get this before kk??? :confused2

AK84
08-14-2006, 11:55 AM
Yeh, would like to know about that too. Couldn't quite afford him right now.

Btw, r u guys serious about the ankle? I see nothing wrong with it. i have no problem flexing my ankle the way it was shown on the pic.

pmpknface
08-14-2006, 11:57 AM
Yeah you are right, damn! I guess by adding Wasp to the tip of the arrow it would take away from the seriousness of the sculpt and make it to whimsical.

Hey man! You could still do it! The Ant-Man that died was Scott Lang but Hank Pym is still around! :thumbs2:

Jesse321
08-14-2006, 11:58 AM
Btw, r u guys serious about the ankle? I see nothing wrong with it. i have no problem flexing my ankle the way it was shown on the pic.Totally serious ... flexing your ankle isn't the problem, but the back of your foot would have to be elevated in order to support that position, there's no way that the back of the foot would be making contact with the ground.

And I say again, if anyone on here can do it, I would like to see a picture of it.

chromesamurai
08-14-2006, 12:06 PM
I never said it was possible, I said you can almost do it. It's not that far off, just like 10 degrees. And considering what crimes comics and comic-based sculptures have been committing on anatomy, this one's not that bad.

I'll not nitpick this one, I've been wanting to see this statue for a while and I'm fine with it.

RichBamf
08-14-2006, 12:08 PM
As much as I hate to play Devil's Advocate :rolleyes:

This is a diagram of a Cricket fast-bowler's elbow when it is Hyperextended.http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1575000/images/_1579185_kirtley_300.gif

Could the ankle not do the same thing? It is a more fluid and rotating joint than an elbow?

carrillj
08-14-2006, 12:15 PM
I tried flexing my ankle (while wearing boots) like the statue and had the wife take a look. Not only did she say I could flex it the same, but she even said I looked even more studly than Hawkeye! Yippee…I feel like a real life superhero! :p

RichBamf
08-14-2006, 12:16 PM
This is a link of Massive hyperextenion of the elbow when put under extreme pressure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj9IdHUkWn4&mode=related&search=akhtar

Now I know that the Ankle can hyper extend in similar ways, watch football slow motion and you'll see.

It does look unnatural in a sculpt, but I don't think it's impossible.

Jesse321
08-14-2006, 12:17 PM
Could the ankle not do the same thing? It is a more fluid and rotating joint than an elbow?I've tried it with like 6 people .. no one is able to hyperextend thier ankle to that degree without elevating the back of the thier foot.

I realize this this is a small thing to most people, but it glares out at me and I just can't get past it .. to those that can .. hey kudos to you.

It does look unnatural in a sculpt, but I don't think it's impossible.Great show me a picture of someone standing in this exact position and I'll conceide the debate over it ... hell I'll even buy one of the statues once someone proves to me that it's possible.

chromesamurai
08-14-2006, 12:23 PM
Yeah, I can do that, I believe. I will try to take a pic in a little while.

Also, I think it's the flappy thing on the boot that's making it look bad to some people. Follow the curve of the leg and try to imagine what it would look like without the big Captain America boot.

RichBamf
08-14-2006, 12:23 PM
Great show me a picture of someone standing in this exact position and I'll conceide the debate over it ... hell I'll even buy one of the statues once someone proves to me that it's possible.

Personally I can't do it.

I agree, I don't think you can do it in a standing position.

Jess, I'm not attacking you, I just was offering an opinion, I could be wrong. :)

Immovable Blob
08-14-2006, 12:32 PM
Personally I do not get the archer thing but there is no doubt this should satisfy those who do. Congrates, now about MS Marvel................... :buttrock:

Nathan H
08-14-2006, 12:34 PM
I'm so sick of the ankle complaints! Do any of you actually SCULPT? And here you are criticizing Randy on his own sculpt for a teeny tiny flaw? Talk about nit picky nonsense... it wipes that bust out of the water and is a beautiful statue. Buy it or don't buy it but enough with the ankle already! Sheesh!

devlinboy
08-14-2006, 12:38 PM
i like the hh hawkeye better..i dont like the base on this, i wouldnt display this with bmy avengers..it looks out of place imo

Jesse321
08-14-2006, 12:41 PM
Jess, I'm not attacking you, I just was offering an opinion, I could be wrong. :)Never took it as an attack of any kind Rich, no worries. :thumbs2:

I'm so sick of the ankle complaints! Do any of you actually SCULPT? And here you are criticizing Randy on his own sculpt for a teeny tiny flaw? Talk about nit picky nonsense... it wipes that bust out of the water and is a beautiful statue. Buy it or don't buy it but enough with the ankle already! Sheesh!Personally, I don't sculpt, but I do draw, so I do have a pretty high level of familiarity with anatmony and what is and isn't possible for the human body to do.

As I said before, if you can get past this .. more power to you .. I just can't. Now several people on here are telling me that this pose is possible, and I'm simply asking for proof of that, because I've looked and I can't find it, I've also tried simulating the pose and can't ... so if I'm wrong (which I'm not denying is a possiblity) I would just like to see it.

If that's "nit-picking" well then I'm a nit-picker .. what can I say. :D

Nathan H
08-14-2006, 12:45 PM
What difference does it make? The sculpt is done, man. It's over.

RichBamf
08-14-2006, 12:48 PM
What difference does it make? The sculpt is done, man. It's over.

Jess never disputed that, he just said he won't buy it. He hasn't critcized anyone for it.

All he's doing is lamenting a lost opportunity, that could've been easily rectified.

Jesse321
08-14-2006, 12:49 PM
What difference does it make? The sculpt is done, man. It's over.Personally, it makes the difference between me buying it and not buying ... so that's a pretty big difference if you ask me.

Dispite all the joking, I would have liked to have had a Hawkeye to display with the rest of my FS Avengers.

devlinboy
08-14-2006, 12:49 PM
yo jess i can do this pose i think,, its tough for me to tell on myself. i tip when i look lol.. i ve got skinny chicken legs though so its kind of easy. when i get my dig camera charger from the mail ill take a pic. im not flexible at all either. but i can feel the weight of my body over my ankle.. if clint did this pose for a whilke he would be in pain soon enough

devlinboy
08-14-2006, 12:51 PM
yo know what though im on flat ground i dont think i can do that pose on a step up like him

Nathan H
08-14-2006, 01:04 PM
Personally, it makes the difference between me buying it and not buying ... so that's a pretty big difference if you ask me.

Dispite all the joking, I would have liked to have had a Hawkeye to display with the rest of my FS Avengers.

I'm a big Hawkeye fan and was really dissapointed with the bust and think this statue is beautiful. I just disagree with you. I think the ankle thing is minor in comparison to the entire sculpt. It's a great pose, it looks like Hawkeye, it's just really impressive to me and more than makes up for that MB fiasco. The ankle doesn't bother me at all. Any Hawkeye fans out there want to defend this sculpt?

nolilia
08-14-2006, 01:08 PM
i like the hh hawkeye better..i dont like the base on this, i wouldnt display this with bmy avengers..it looks out of place imo

I dont think so.

Jesse321
08-14-2006, 01:13 PM
I'm a big Hawkeye fan and was really dissapointed with the bust and think this statue is beautiful. I just disagree with you. I think the ankle thing is minor in comparison to the entire sculpt. It's a great pose, it looks like Hawkeye, it's just really impressive to me and more than makes up for that MB fiasco.Okay lets get this cleared up once and for all .. I AM NOT comparing the statue to the bust, you'll get no argument from me on this point ... the statue is LIGHTYEARS beyond the bust. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be opposed to cutting the statue in half and making a new bust out of the top half, as a matter of fact, I'm TOTALLY for it!

The ankle doesn't bother me at all. Any Hawkeye fans out there want to defend this sculpt?That's you ... it's just not me ... as far as I'm concerned, everyone on this board can come out in defense of this statue, it won't change my opinion one bit, that ankle is a deal breaker for me, because it will be the only thing that I stare at on the statue and it would completely preclude me from enjoying the piece.

Does that make an anal retentive goofball? Yeah, I admit it, it probably does, I got no problem with that BUT, I'm an anal retentive goofball that's right in his observation, the fact that you admitted it to being a "minor flaw" proves that. :laugh:

carrillj
08-14-2006, 01:31 PM
If an oridinary man with a bow and arrow can out live in battle a man in tank-like armor (fitted with repulsor beams), a freakin God, plus a handful of other ridiculously superpowered characters; I'm sure it's not stretching it too far if he is depicted flexing his ankle just a bit more than the average man. If anything, I want to know how the hell he stayed alive! :)

It's too hard for me to critique the ankle unless I see the statue in person, because the position of the stance plus the angle of the foot (is it straight with the shin, or angles in or out?), can make all the difference. I just can't make that call from pictures and I don't think anyone should pass on statue unless they see it in person.

In the end it all depends on what people prefer, but I have come to expect exaggerated anatomy/poses on most sculpts. They are fictional comic book characters, so I don't expect anything too life-like to begin with. Just imagine all the heat Spider-Man would be getting if he was expected to look normal. ;)

rxj71
08-14-2006, 01:32 PM
Well, the ankle does bother me a bit also, especially since I can't get almost any bending in my ankle, but I think that if I display the statue facing me, I will have no issue with the ankle so it's on my list of things to get.

overkill
08-14-2006, 01:40 PM
This ankle conversation cant be serious. If it is people have way to much time on their hands. Who cares about his ankle. Friggin statue is awesome and you'll regret not buying it.

HoldyourfireAl
08-14-2006, 01:52 PM
Christ! Can we ever stop bi#$%ing????? This is a BEAUTIFUL statue with an EXCELLENT base! GREAT job, Randy! I can't wait until I get mine!

Thanks

Al

Ghost
08-14-2006, 01:53 PM
I'd get this for the base alone, but that is one of the kewlest looking statues so far.

devlinboy
08-14-2006, 01:58 PM
I dont think so.

yeah, im pretty sure i do like the hh hawkeye better

Ghost
08-14-2006, 02:01 PM
No you can't, and yes it is, there is no way that your leg can bend to that angle and still have your entire foot (the back) on the floor (unless your foot or ankle is broken, in which case you wouldn't be able to stand on it at all) Your body weight would be resting on the front portion of your foot only.

I knew a guy in the military that parachuted into Iraq a while back and was so low that broke both his ankles on impact, and willfully ran to his check point. He was the brother of a friend of mine at school.

Ghost
08-14-2006, 02:02 PM

Besides the whole ankle issue I still think this is the better Hawkeye.

Nathan H
08-14-2006, 02:05 PM
Does that make an anal retentive goofball? Yeah, I admit it, it probably does, I got no problem with that BUT, I'm an anal retentive goofball that's right in his observation, the fact that you admitted it to being a "minor flaw" proves that. :laugh:[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's a flaw, I just know other people have complained about it. I said it doesn't bother me at all. I don't even notice it, to be perfectly honest.

devlinboy
08-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Besides the whole ankle issue I still think this is the better Hawkeye.

to each his own right buddy, i just like the hh one.. its nice to have options though

Ghost
08-14-2006, 02:21 PM
to each his own right buddy, i just like the hh one.. its nice to have options though

Yeah definitely that's the good thing about this industry.

Jesse321
08-14-2006, 02:24 PM
Christ! Can we ever stop bi#$%ing????? This is a BEAUTIFUL statue with an EXCELLENT base! GREAT job, Randy! I can't wait until I get mine!

Thanks

AlIt amazies me how even when someone expresses an opinion in a concise and respectful manner, those that disagree with it relegate said opinion to simply *****ing.

I guess what some of the others here have said is true ... if Randy put a turd on toothpick there are some that would buy it without question. :rolleyes2

devlinboy
08-14-2006, 02:24 PM
ghost,was that you with the dvd reviews?? if so are you still doing those

devlinboy
08-14-2006, 02:26 PM
It amazies me how even when someone expresses an opinion in a concise and respectful manner, those that disagree with it relegate said opinion to simply *****ing.

I guess what some of the others here have said is true ... if Randy put a turd on toothpick there are some that would buy it without question. :rolleyes2

you can only please some of the people some of the time-- but bowennosing is at an all time high

Dante
08-14-2006, 02:27 PM
It amazies me how even when someone expresses an opinion in a concise and respectful manner, those that disagree with it relegate said opinion to simply *****ing.

Ummmm. He did, remember Doop ;)?

Jesse321
08-14-2006, 02:28 PM
Ummmm. He did, remember Doop ;)?Acutally I always thought of him as more a loogy on a match box. :laugh:

Dante
08-14-2006, 02:31 PM
For the record, I was a bit bummed to see that the ankle wasn't fixed. I'd hoped that the long delay was caused by that very fact. However, in the grand scheme of things, I'd rather buy a Hawkeye statue with a wonky ankle that I otherwise love than go without one.

tyler
08-14-2006, 02:32 PM

Could you be a little more nit-picky Jesse? Sheesh! I've tried doing this with my ankle and can come very close when standing in a similar position as Hawkeye. Of course, I'm also pretty flexible from years of kickboxing. Here's a good way to get past your hangup with the ankle: Don't buy the statue. There, see how easy that was?

Just_joseph
08-14-2006, 02:36 PM

Hey .......... how many Hawkeye statues were produced in the run ?
Anyone ?

Archangel
08-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Next one to mention the ankle gets banned! Oh wait you need to be a Mod to ban people.... Hello Mods, can I be a Mod too? At least for a little while, I need to dispatch a few who need dispatching.

Thank you. :)

Jesse321
08-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Here's a good way to get past your hangup with the ankle: Don't buy the statue. There, see how easy that was?And I've said exactly that numerous times already. :rolleyes2

Ghost
08-14-2006, 02:40 PM
Could you be a little more nit-picky Jesse? Sheesh! I've tried doing this with my ankle and can come very close when standing in a similar position as Hawkeye. Of course, I'm also pretty flexible from years of kickboxing. Here's a good way to get past your hangup with the ankle: Don't buy the statue. There, see how easy that was?

Well if ppl are allowed to specify why they LOVE a statue, why can't they specify why they wouldn't buy it? Makes common sense especially like Jesse put it, concise and courteous and just stating what would stop him from buying it.
I'd rather read why ppl won't buy something over them just saying, "not getting it, don't like it".

Ghost
08-14-2006, 02:42 PM
ghost,was that you with the dvd reviews?? if so are you still doing those

I'm afraid you got me mixed up with someone else. There's to many ppl doing reviews it seems for me to just bust into the scene :) I'll just stick to giving my .02.

Darth_Ryan
08-14-2006, 02:50 PM
Glad most of you liked it. As I said not really an Avengers fan but now Im converted. The run size? 2400 i think. I'll have to check again.

Yeah I'm from the Philippines but I'm on vacation right now here on WA. I go here every now and then to buy statues...much much cheaper and easier to locate. I was surprised that I'm the first one to post hawkeye though. My supplier here had him since last wednesday.

Thanks for the info regarding those trinkets on the base.

And yeah you know what I just noticed his pose with the foot..that is impossible unless you're like a circus freak. In fairness this is probably one of Randy Bowens greatest works.

How I wish Green Arrow and Legolas had this kind of pose.

giro
08-14-2006, 02:53 PM
whats the run size on this statue ? can't wait for this statue

lord odin
08-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Me too the HH one is awesome. :buttrock:

Capt. America
08-14-2006, 03:08 PM
I Guess No One Knows The Edition Size Of This ?

chromesamurai
08-14-2006, 03:10 PM
Ok, here we go. I'm not quite as flexible as I used to be, but this is as far as I can bend my leg without the heel lifting up. Trying it without a shoe wouldn't work properly, since Hawkeye is in a heeled boot himself and it would throw it all off.

http://www.eclipsearmy.com/myfoot.jpg

My heel did not come up off the chair and I figure that's about a 45 degree angle. If I'm off at all, it can't be by more than 10 degrees, I think.

Of course, this is just about the ankle thing. As Jesse said, if he finds it distracting, no amount of arguing can change his mind. I feel the same way about some sculpts. Something about it just irks me and I have to pass on the whole thing. This is not posted to try to "disprove" you, Jesse. Buy whatever statue you like, man. This is just up there from an anatomy standpoint. If I has loosened up first and my achilles tendon and the muscles in the front of my calf were a bit more flexible, I might have been able to make another 5 degrees out of it.

Dante
08-14-2006, 03:18 PM
Ok, here we go.....

Well look at you Mr. Eel O'Brien ;)

vetteman
08-14-2006, 03:18 PM
:laugh: Last time I checked, Hawkeye wasn't wearing hightop basketball shoes!

Dante
08-14-2006, 03:21 PM
Okay, I can get past the ankle...now I'm just getting all OCD Fanboyish on trying to justify the fact that there was never an Avengers line-up with Wonder Man, Thor, Captain America, Ant-Man, the Black Knight, AND Hawkeye...so how could this proposed battle have taken place anyhow ;)?

tyler
08-14-2006, 03:22 PM
And I've said exactly that numerous times already. :rolleyes2

I notice you like using this emoticon a lot: :rolleyes2

Are you intentionally trying to be patronizing? :rolleyes2

I understand your frustration a bit with the ankle issue though. But we're talking about superheroes here. I mean, I don't know anyone in real life who's 7 feet tall with green skin either, but we don't complain about that. And what about the flexibility of everyone's favorite neighborhood Spider-Man? I know there aren't any people on the forum that can get into some of those positions.

You should probably head to your LCS next week and take a look at the Hawkeye statue in person, see if it still bothers you that much. If it doesn't, you have a nice addition to your Avengers collection. If it does, you can lament a little more and then move on. Sorry it so frustrates you, but I for one am very impressed with the sculpt and find it difficult to complain about the ankle. Everyone's entitled to their opinion though of course.

lord odin
08-14-2006, 03:22 PM
Okay, I can get past the ankle...now I'm just getting all OCD Fanboyish on trying to justify the fact that there was never an Avengers line-up with Wonder Man, Thor, Captain America, Ant-Man, the Black Knight, AND Hawkeye...so how could this proposed battle have taken place anyhow ;)?
If it`s something really big all avengers are called even reserves.

chromesamurai
08-14-2006, 03:28 PM
Well look at you Mr. Eel O'Brien ;)

That's MR. Mr. Eel O'Brien to you! :eplus2:

Last time I checked, Hawkeye wasn't wearing hightop basketball shoes!

I am offended, sir! These are neither hightops, nor are they of the basketball variety. They are called "Wal-mart Specials," and I'm pretty sure then heel on em isn't as big as the ones Hawkeye has. I could have gone home, got my military boots, put them on, came back to the shop and took pictures...but **** you guys. I'm lazy. :laugh:

Ghost
08-14-2006, 03:31 PM
If it`s something really big all avengers are called even reserves.

Yeah I'm way down the list. But I'm in that base too, you just can't see me cause, you know, I'm a Ghost. :D

loricstone
08-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Never took it as an attack of any kind Rich, no worries. :thumbs2:

Personally, I don't sculpt, but I do draw, so I do have a pretty high level of familiarity with anatmony and what is and isn't possible for the human body to do.

As I said before, if you can get past this .. more power to you .. I just can't. Now several people on here are telling me that this pose is possible, and I'm simply asking for proof of that, because I've looked and I can't find it, I've also tried simulating the pose and can't ... so if I'm wrong (which I'm not denying is a possiblity) I would just like to see it.

If that's "nit-picking" well then I'm a nit-picker .. what can I say. :D

You obviously must not know anatomy, as it is definitely possible for many more people than you think to bend their ankle with their heel on the ground in that way. If you would take out your physiology, human anatomy, and biology books, you will learn that many people are able to flex their body this way due to their various differences in the XY chromosomes, which in fact allow for double jointed fingers, elbows, ankles, and a few other body parts.
It also allows for many other unique gifts which I will not go into due to space and time on the boards here. With that being said, I don't know if that was Randy's intention of making the ankle bend like that due to his knowledge of anatomy. But I do know, I can just about flex my ankle that way and I am 6'4" 325lbs of man. Superman! No thank you folks, thank you. If you don't believe me, I bet Criss Angel can do it :laugh:

Jesse321
08-14-2006, 03:54 PM
Ok, here we go. I'm not quite as flexible as I used to be, but this is as far as I can bend my leg without the heel lifting up. Trying it without a shoe wouldn't work properly, since Hawkeye is in a heeled boot himself and it would throw it all off.

http://www.eclipsearmy.com/myfoot.jpg

My heel did not come up off the chair and I figure that's about a 45 degree angle. If I'm off at all, it can't be by more than 10 degrees, I think.

Of course, this is just about the ankle thing. As Jesse said, if he finds it distracting, no amount of arguing can change his mind. I feel the same way about some sculpts. Something about it just irks me and I have to pass on the whole thing. This is not posted to try to "disprove" you, Jesse. Buy whatever statue you like, man. This is just up there from an anatomy standpoint. If I has loosened up first and my achilles tendon and the muscles in the front of my calf were a bit more flexible, I might have been able to make another 5 degrees out of it.Chrome ... on the contrary, I've been asking people to prove me wrong!! This is EXACTLY what I wanted to see, so far no one that I know has been able to replicate this pose ... so thanks, now if I deside to get the statue at least the angle of the ankle won't bug me ... as much. :laugh:

nbr3bagshotrow
08-14-2006, 04:01 PM
Funny, I've tried the same thing, and I'm not very flexible and I can get pretty close. Wearing a boot like Hawkeye does even hide some of ankle bending.

Jesse321
08-14-2006, 04:01 PM
I notice you like using this emoticon a lot: :rolleyes2 First I had to give up using the :puke2: emoticon because of the "sensitivities" of certain members, I've reserved it for only when Cable and Bishop are mentioned .. now the :rolleyes2 emoticon is going to come into question too?

Are you intentionally trying to be patronizing? Well of course I am, what's the point of using it if not to be patronizing?

Just in case it gets lost in the snytax .. that's sarcazim. :eplus2:

nbr3bagshotrow
08-14-2006, 04:06 PM
Hey Chromesamurai, can we get a pic of the grimace of pain as you reproduced Hawkeye's pose? I can tell you I was able to get pretty close and from this slightly overweight Hobbit's perspective it wasn't comfortable but for Hawkeye in the heat of battle, he'll do what he has to do make the shot!

Jesse321
08-14-2006, 04:07 PM
Hey Chromesamurai, can we get a pic of the grimace of pain as you reproduced Hawkeye's pose? I can tell you I was able to get pretty close and from this slightly overweight Hobbit's perspective it wasn't comfortable but for Hawkeye in the heat of battle, he'll do what he has to do make the shot!PULEEZE!! Your bones are so old they're more pliable than Plastic Man's.:confused2 :eplus2:

tyler
08-14-2006, 04:08 PM
First I had to give up using the :puke2: emoticon because of the "sensitivities" of certain members, I've reserved it for only when Cable and Bishop are mentioned .. now the :rolleyes2 emoticon is going to come into question too?

Well of course I am, what's the point of using it if not to be patronizing?

Just in case it gets lost in the snytax .. that's sarcazim. :eplus2:

Y'know Jesse, if you weren't a pimp I might actually have to take you seriously. Hope the photo helps assuage your doubts about Hawkeye's ankle a bit. It does make sense that an athletic Avenger would have better flexibility in general than most of us. Perhaps this is a case of "suspending disbelief" just a little. Heck, it works for Hollywood!

nbr3bagshotrow
08-14-2006, 04:09 PM
PULEEZE!! Your bones are so old they're more pliable than Plastic Man's.:confused2 :eplus2:
LOL, they feel more brittle than pliable!

hawkeyethearcher
08-14-2006, 04:19 PM
has anyone getting a signature received there statue yet. i have not received a shipping notice. just wondering if the sig causes a long delay.

Jesse321
08-14-2006, 04:23 PM
LOL, they feel more brittle than pliable!I sit corrected once again. :laugh:

lord odin
08-14-2006, 04:26 PM
I like this statue not as much as my Hard Hero one and i`m sure not as much as the DST one but I like it and have one coming.
I`m not crazy about the ankle but what I don`t like even less is the pose i`ll just display him next to the Galactus FS and he can shoot him in the nuts.
Even mighty Galactus falls if shot in the family jewels.

chromesamurai
08-14-2006, 04:31 PM
No grimace involved #3, but I am now concerned this pic might not make it into any amish threads. I'm showing quite a lot of pasty skin!

Definitely not a pose anyone can do, understandably. If you have big legs, it's also harder.

Don't feel bad, Jesse, I have the same nitpicky problem with the Rhino FS I've mentioned in another thread. As soon as our Hawkeye comes in at the shop, I'll throw some more pics up from some different angles. Maybe it'll sell a couple people on it.

chromesamurai
08-14-2006, 04:33 PM
LOL, they feel more brittle than pliable!

Ol' Graham Cracker bones?

hawkeyethearcher
08-14-2006, 04:34 PM
so jesse321 you are thonking of cutting the statue in half cause you dont like the ankle. tell me how a guy ripped in half can hold up a bow.

chromesamurai
08-14-2006, 04:36 PM
With his arms? :laugh:

Jesse321
08-14-2006, 04:42 PM
so jesse321 you are thonking of cutting the statue in half cause you dont like the ankle. tell me how a guy ripped in half can hold up a bow.I wasn't aware that he was aiming the bow with his toes? :peoples:

Captain Late
08-14-2006, 04:44 PM
Jess-
The Resin Pimp thing has finally struck me as hilarious...
I keep imagining you yelling at Karnak to "Bring Daddy some of that cheddar you worthless Inhuman B*tch, Black Bolt is the only one of you moon-living motherf***ers to bring anything wortha damn..." :laugh:
of course I'm a silly motherf***er myself...

Jesse321
08-14-2006, 04:48 PM
:laugh: :laugh:

marvelboi77
08-14-2006, 04:53 PM
I've looked at pictures of this statue over 100 times, and I think it looks great. I have never even noticed the ankle, I guess I don't look at them to closely. Now I have to look at it again to see what you guys are talking about.

marvelboi77
08-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Ok now I know what your talking about it looks like he is missing a bone.

Doc Sonic
08-14-2006, 04:54 PM
The ankle does look funny.

But, I've ordered it and it's on it's way here. It's a fine piece and I'll be proud to display it.

Bullseye
08-14-2006, 04:58 PM
I'm so sick of the ankle complaints! Do any of you actually SCULPT? And here you are criticizing Randy on his own sculpt for a teeny tiny flaw? Talk about nit picky nonsense... it wipes that bust out of the water and is a beautiful statue. Buy it or don't buy it but enough with the ankle already! Sheesh!

Nathan people are perfectly entitled to complain when the need arises. This is a perfectly legitimate complaint. It shouldn't worry you whether people critique Randy's sculpt, nor should it persude you to buy or not buy.

ilas
08-14-2006, 05:02 PM
I really like the base on this one. Although I am not a fan of the character, I might pick it up at a later time.

chromesamurai
08-14-2006, 05:02 PM
Ok now I know what your talking about it looks like he is missing a bone.

Check my sexy picture out a couple pages back. Am I missing a bone?

Darth_Ryan
08-14-2006, 05:12 PM
I Guess No One Knows The Edition Size Of This ?

here it is.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/mrb_s10/DSC07071.jpg

and a picture of his foot

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/mrb_s10/DSC07067.jpg

Ok maybe its not perfect but I still like though.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/mrb_s10/DSC07070.jpg

nolilia
08-14-2006, 05:14 PM
Thanks Dude.

Darth_Ryan
08-14-2006, 05:15 PM
no prob pare

nolilia
08-14-2006, 05:19 PM
no prob pare

I think you got the lowest number amongst PTK members. :p

Darth_Ryan
08-14-2006, 05:20 PM
really? lucky me i guess. gotta get the rest of the avengers now. so there's vision,cap,iron man and thor..who else is there?

ilas
08-14-2006, 05:27 PM
really? lucky me i guess. gotta get the rest of the avengers now. so there's vision,cap,iron man and thor..who else is there?

Guess it depends on the team you are building.

Hulk? Black Panther?

Nathan H
08-14-2006, 05:30 PM
Nathan people are perfectly entitled to complain when the need arises. This is a perfectly legitimate complaint. It shouldn't worry you whether people critique Randy's sculpt, nor should it persude you to buy or not buy.
Bullseye, people can complain, sure... but I still get bugged when someone who has never scuplted, couldn't even come close to what Randy can do, complains about a teeny tiny little ankle. Critics piss me off... it's like the guy sitting on his couch with a big ol beer gut eating tater chips yelling at Brett Favre for his bad throw. It makes me laugh, they can't possibly do it themselves but they think they can tell people what they've done wrong and how bad they are... it's just sad.

Scottsdale Saint
08-14-2006, 05:31 PM
Nathan people are perfectly entitled to complain when the need arises. This is a perfectly legitimate complaint. It shouldn't worry you whether people critique Randy's sculpt, nor should it persude you to buy or not buy.i agree with you Bulls, but i kind of see Nathan's point. the amount of complaining on the site has gotten tiresome lately. i'm not going to denigrate anyone's POV, as i think a lot of the complaints have some legitimacy to them...however, it just gets old, hearing the flood of complaints. i love this site and the people on it, i would just like to see people keep the negativism to themselves once in a while.

Dante
08-14-2006, 05:34 PM
2400?

Odd edition size.

Bullseye
08-14-2006, 05:34 PM
Bullseye, people can complain, sure... but I still get bugged when someone who has never scuplted, couldn't even come close to what Randy can do, complains about a teeny tiny little ankle. Critics piss me off... it's like the guy sitting on his couch with a big ol beer gut eating tater chips yelling at Brett Favre for his bad throw. It makes me laugh, they can't possibly do it themselves but they think they can tell people what they've done wrong and how bad they are... it's just sad.

I disagree with you on this as I cannot sculpt but i can create beautiful buildings. Some people will love them and some will hate them. I don't think they are critising the sculptors technique but the execution of anatomy, which is incorrect. It hasn't stopped me from ordering it and i will not worry about it when its in my display cabinet but i am aware that the flaw in the anatomy is there.

giro
08-14-2006, 05:35 PM
2400?

Odd edition size.

i agree thought it would be less i like it though , looking foward to it .

Bullseye
08-14-2006, 05:36 PM
i agree with you Bulls, but i kind of see Nathan's point. the amount of complaining on the site has gotten tiresome lately. i'm not going to denigrate anyone's POV, as i think a lot of the complaints have some legitimacy to them...however, it just gets old, hearing the flood of complaints. i love this site and the people on it, i would just like to see people keep the negativism to themselves once in a while.

I think the reason you are hearing these complaints SS is because this was raised at an early stage of the sculpt and it appears the sculptor did not take those issues onboard. Its strange when he or she will ask for opinions on certain matters like variants, size, ES # but will not take what i consider a legitimate complaint onboard.

Doc Sonic
08-14-2006, 05:37 PM
I think people should realize the distinction between criticism and complaining. A critique of a sculpt which describes flaws is not necessarily a complaint about the item. You can criticize without being hurtful or negative.

I think the ankle looks funny and could have been done better. On the other hand, I think the statue is a real beauty and I am proud to own it and display it.

Darth_Ryan
08-14-2006, 05:37 PM
Guess it depends on the team you are building.

Hulk? Black Panther?

Oh yeah and those two huh. I guess I'll just wait for the new hulk to come out. or is someone here selling their Hulks :eplus2:

chromesamurai
08-14-2006, 05:39 PM
i am aware that the flaw in the anatomy is there.

Hey Bulls, did you SEE my pic from before. I can do it almost exactly. If I was a tad more limber and had warmed up a bit, I could have probably gotten it exact. How does that make it an anatomy flaw?

Also, you have a PM.

Bullseye
08-14-2006, 05:40 PM
Hey Bulls, did you SEE my pic from before. I can do it almost exactly. If I was a tad more limber and had warmed up a bit, I could have probably gotten it exact. How does that make it an anatomy flaw?

Also, you have a PM.

Yeah but your a super hero and Hawkeye is just a guy with a half decent aim unlike Bullseye who has a perfect aim :laugh:

Tony Coca
08-14-2006, 05:40 PM
Looks awesome.I cant wait till mine shows up.

Darth_Ryan
08-14-2006, 05:41 PM
very nice. can the bowstring be untensed and the arrow lifted off, or is it fused?

Yes the arrow is detachable. And it's plastic. The bowstring I wouldnt dare. Might damage it in the process.

chromesamurai
08-14-2006, 05:43 PM
Yeah but your a super hero and Hawkeye is just a guy with a half decent aim unlike Bullseye who has a perfect aim :laugh:

DAMN! I wanted to start a giant arguement with you, but you just deflated me by catering to my ego. Damn you! :laugh:

Bullseye
08-14-2006, 05:45 PM
DAMN! I wanted to start a giant arguement with you, but you just deflated me by catering to my ego. Damn you! :laugh:

That deflated action was actually the ace of spades slitting your throat. :eplus2:

marvelboi77
08-14-2006, 05:45 PM
I will still get this statue down, the road. I'm saving money so this is not a priority right now.

chromesamurai
08-14-2006, 05:50 PM
That deflated action was actually the ace of spades slitting your throat. :eplus2:

Good thing that'll grow back quick. :buttrock:

Scottsdale Saint
08-14-2006, 05:52 PM
I think the reason you are hearing these complaints SS is because this was raised at an early stage of the sculpt and it appears the sculptor did not take those issues onboard. Its strange when he or she will ask for opinions on certain matters like variants, size, ES # but will not take what i consider a legitimate complaint onboard.i'm not a sculptor, but Randy may have taken the complaint, and decided he didn't want to change it. it may be a dealbreaker for some, but most seem to either not care, or don't mind it, like me. everyone seems to forget that Randy's not working on one project at a time, let alone keeping countless other sculpts, at various stages, on track.

i'm sure someone will call me a Bowenoser at some point, and if that's the case, so be it. i'm not as exacting as some of the others on this forum, and i am for the most part,able to enjoy these works of art, for what they are, not for what they aren't.

Ghost
08-14-2006, 05:53 PM
I will still get this statue down, the road. I'm saving money so this is not a priority right now.

Likewise. Not even a huge fan of Hawkeye but this is just one great looking piece.
And for the record I can do alot of the poses Spidey can too let alone a little forward bending with Clint here heh. Well the ones he does on the ground at least, I've yet to jump through the air and contort all over. :D

chromesamurai
08-14-2006, 05:55 PM
My roommate is the one that's actually picking this one up to add to his collection of the extended Family of Magnus. He thought it was a good idea until he realized how many pieces that consisted of.

For the record, lots.

Darth_Ryan
08-14-2006, 05:56 PM
Here's some more pictures of this amazing piece :buttrock:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/mrb_s10/she-dragon/DSC07041.jpg

Close up.. :)

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/mrb_s10/she-dragon/DSC07048.jpg

Nathan H
08-14-2006, 05:56 PM
I just think the statue looks great and can't understand all the complaints, criticism, whatever. If you're gonna' make a comment about the ankle, atleast first comment on the rest of the sculpt and how great it looks. Don't overlook everything else and just stare at one little ankle. That's just ridiculous to me.

Bullseye
08-14-2006, 05:57 PM
i'm sure someone will call me a Bowenoser at some point, and if that's the case, so be it. i'm not as exacting as some of the others on this forum, and i am for the most part,able to enjoy these works of art, for what they are, not for what they aren't.

Nothing wrong with being a fan. Why should you or anyone else worry about this fact. It should be like "water off a ducks back". Enjoy the hobby.

Darth_Ryan
08-14-2006, 05:58 PM
Overall the statue is nice. It's not perfect but it's still great. There is a reason why it's sold out right?

Bullseye
08-14-2006, 05:59 PM
Overall the statue is nice. It's not perfect but it's still great. There is a reason why it's sold out right?

I think its a great looking piece but not Randys best IMO.

Darth_Ryan
08-14-2006, 06:01 PM
Hmmm you could be right. Then again I am new to bowen statues. Among the 12 bowens I own this one is most impressive. I specially like the pose and the detail on the base.

Ghost
08-14-2006, 06:02 PM
I just think the statue looks great and can't understand all the complaints, criticism, whatever. If you're gonna' make a comment about the ankle, atleast first comment on the rest of the sculpt and how great it looks. Don't overlook everything else and just stare at one little ankle. That's just ridiculous to me.

You can't tell us what to do! If we just wanna bash, then Hulk bash!

Oh yeah and I agree with Bulls, it's not his best but it's goooood.

Darth_Ryan
08-14-2006, 06:02 PM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/mrb_s10/she-dragon/DSC07047.jpg

"What were you saying about my ankles?" :laugh:

Statuesque Fellow
08-14-2006, 06:03 PM
I can't think of any Bowen piece that doesn't have some sort of small thing that bugs me. Except maybe Man-Thing which is perfect in every respect.

For example, one of my favorites, The Thing. If you look at the back foot, it's bent in a wierd unnatural angle.

chromesamurai
08-14-2006, 06:04 PM
Thanks, Darth. That's the angle I wanted to see, his line-of-sight as he's aiming down the shaft.

Now don't take all that out of context! :redface:

1logan
08-14-2006, 06:07 PM
WOW....not sure I like that face too well.....whatever.
Love everything else about it. It sems Scarlet itch was in the pic a few pages ago....so that's why the ankle was able to bend that way.....anythings probable with her on the team....would have liked to have had her headress on the statue too.

Primal
08-14-2006, 06:08 PM
Another great statue by Bowen Designs!
A standout piece to say the least!
Ankle messed up or not...who gives a crap! It's still great!

And another statue I wont be getting. :buttrock:

legato
08-14-2006, 06:09 PM
I never said it was possible, I said you can almost do it. It's not that far off, just like 10 degrees. And considering what crimes comics and comic-based sculptures have been committing on anatomy, this one's not that bad.

I'll not nitpick this one, I've been wanting to see this statue for a while and I'm fine with it.

It's possible, normal flexibility in the ankle going up is up to 20 degrees. If you try bending your knee ( like hawkeye) you'll be able to pull it up further as compared to with you knee straight.

Darth_Ryan
08-14-2006, 06:09 PM
Love everything else about it. It sems Scarlet itch was in the pic a few pages ago....so that's why the ankle was able to bend that way.....anythings probable with her on the team....would have liked to have had her headress on the statue too.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah would have been nice if they added her headress on the base.

Nathan H
08-14-2006, 06:15 PM

I wouldn't dream of it... just giving my opinions here man.

chromesamurai
08-14-2006, 06:19 PM
It's possible, normal flexibility in the ankle going up is up to 20 degrees. If you try bending your knee ( like hawkeye) you'll be able to pull it up further as compared to with you knee straight.

Not only is Legato right, I have another opportunity to pimp my picture from like 5 pages back where I de-bunked the ankle thing.

Myth-Busters, yo!

legato
08-14-2006, 06:20 PM
BTW, awesome haul bro ryan. :buttrock: Can't wait to get mine.

Darth_Ryan
08-14-2006, 06:27 PM
Thank you legato. Well we are all entitled to our own opinions. I like the statue, I mean I would never have bought if it sucked in person. Maybe actually seeing it would change your minds. If not then its ok. But this guy will look great beside cap and thor.

chromesamurai
08-14-2006, 06:32 PM
Yeah, there's always going to be a different opinion. Don't let that stop you guys from giving this one a chance. Check it out at your LCS. And while you're at it, buy something from them, for God's sake. :eplus2:

joefixit2
08-14-2006, 06:48 PM
wow, impressive statue, great job on the detail. The base is half the coolness. What is the bow string made of?

chromesamurai
08-14-2006, 06:50 PM
Is it really thin plastic-like resin like I believe Taskmaster's is?

At least I think it's thin resin.

Darth_Ryan
08-14-2006, 07:03 PM
I think its just a common thread. While the arrow is just plastic. The bow, i think it's resin as well.

tyler
08-14-2006, 07:04 PM

Jeez - are you upset about the comment or mad at your parents? Throw a temper tantrum why don't you. In my opinion, people who ONLY bash something rather than offering anything constructive or complimentary must lead rather depressing lives. But I will say I've heard most "anklers" also offer praise for the overall sculpt. Some of us are simply more critical than others.

Ghost
08-14-2006, 07:10 PM
Jeez - are you upset about the comment or mad at your parents? Throw a temper tantrum why don't you. In my opinion, people who ONLY bash something rather than offering anything constructive or complimentary must lead rather depressing lives. But I will say I've heard most "anklers" also offer praise for the overall sculpt. Some of us are simply more critical than others.

I don't think you know who I am. And I don't mean that in a pompous, ****y way. He was going on about what ppl should do and I just went over the top with that statement. I mean do you seriously think I actually talk like the Hulk? Have you at all read any of my last posts? Please read everything before you start to criticise exactly what's in front of you when you don't bother to backpeddle and read the last few pages. THEN ask me if I'm upset. Cause I'm really not, what's there to be upset over?

Uncle Jake
08-14-2006, 07:17 PM
Now, if only Randy would make a proper Hawkeye MB!!!

Nathan H
08-14-2006, 07:17 PM
I don't think you know who I am. And I don't mean that in a pompous, ****y way. He was going on about what ppl should do and I just went over the top with that statement. I mean do you seriously think I actually talk like the Hulk? Have you at all read any of my last posts? Please read everything before you start to criticise exactly what's in front of you when you don't bother to backpeddle and read the last few pages. THEN ask me if I'm upset. Cause I'm really not, what's there to be upset over?
I didn't say what people should do, dude, just how I feel about criticism. Do whatever you want man, bash whatever you want, and I'll put my 2 cents in 'cause that's what this forum is about. If you're an artist or whatever and some lawyer who can't draw to save his life comes over and tells you "that's all wrong" it irritates me. That's all. I'm not telling the lawyer you can't do that, he can do whatever he wants, who am I to tell him what to do? But I will tell him "you're an idiot man." And I won't tell him how to be a lawyer...

Nathan H
08-14-2006, 07:18 PM
Now, if only Randy would make a proper Hawkeye MB!!!
Wouldn't mind that one bit...

hawkeyethearcher
08-14-2006, 07:21 PM
just got the tracking number. looking forward to this. that face shoot earlier did look odd. the paint seems to be al over the place.

darthblue
08-14-2006, 07:22 PM
the sulpt is great but i don´t like the paint job....

Ghost
08-14-2006, 07:23 PM
I didn't say what people should do, dude, just how I feel about criticism. Do whatever you want man, bash whatever you want, and I'll put my 2 cents in 'cause that's what this forum is about. If you're an artist or whatever and some lawyer who can't draw to save his life comes over and tells you "that's all wrong" it irritates me. That's all. I'm not telling the lawyer you can't do that, he can do whatever he wants, who am I to tell him what to do? But I will tell him "you're an idiot man." And I won't tell him how to be a lawyer...

Originally Posted by Nathan H

That to me is what seemed like you telling ppl. I know you were suggesting it, which is why I JOKINGLY replied you can't tell us what to do. I am an artist, and I understand where you're coming from, and from the other end. I know there are times I'll do a piece and something is off, and ppl tell me but at that point I'm done with it. Some ppl will like it others won't. It's ok to voice why you like it and why you don't. Or simply just one side of it. Seriously this hasn't been the first time someone's beat something like this to death, which is why JOKES bring some levity to the situation.

marvelboi77
08-14-2006, 07:30 PM
Wow we will never all get along will we.

Ink
08-14-2006, 07:31 PM
I got the tracking number for mine :buttrock:

Ink
08-14-2006, 07:31 PM
Wow we will never all get along will we.

doubt it

tyler
08-14-2006, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by Nathan H

That to me is what seemed like you telling ppl. I know you were suggesting it, which is why I JOKINGLY replied you can't tell us what to do. I am an artist, and I understand where you're coming from, and from the other end. I know there are times I'll do a piece and something is off, and ppl tell me but at that point I'm done with it. Some ppl will like it others won't. It's ok to voice why you like it and why you don't. Or simply just one side of it. Seriously this hasn't been the first time someone's beat something like this to death, which is why JOKES bring some levity to the situation.

You make good points Ghost. Nothing wrong with a little light-hearted teasing. We're all friends here. But I do know where Nathan is coming from, too. He's been waiting for a decent Hawkeye (one of his favorite characters) since the botched bust hit comic shops. I think he's a little over all of the negativity after the bust got so bashed, and now that Bowen's released a really killer full-size, he doesn't have the energy for another round of nit-picking.

How do I know all this? He's my twin brother. Kind of explains why I've been defending his point so vehemently, doesn't it?

But of course everyone is entitled to his or her opinion and it doesn't hurt to do a little backtracking to make sure you're not taking someone's intended joke too seriously. Again, you make good points. But I can bend my ankle that way, so I'm not too worried about the sculpt's "flawed" anatomy. Thanks for the good dialogue on this.

Ghost
08-14-2006, 07:42 PM
You make good points Ghost. Nothing wrong with a little light-hearted teasing. We're all friends here. But I do know where Nathan is coming from, too. He's been waiting for a decent Hawkeye (one of his favorite characters) since the botched bust hit comic shops. I think he's a little over all of the negativity after the bust got so bashed, and now that Bowen's released a really killer full-size, he doesn't have the energy for another round of nit-picking.

How do I know all this? He's my twin brother. Kind of explains why I've been defending his point so vehemently, doesn't it?

But of course everyone is entitled to his or her opinion and it doesn't hurt to do a little backtracking to make sure you're not taking someone's intended joke too seriously. Again, you make good points. But I can bend my ankle that way, so I'm not too worried about the sculpt's "flawed" anatomy. Thanks for the good dialogue on this.

Hey likewise like I said, I can bend it too :) And as an artist myself, it doesn't really bother me. But I know where some ppl come from when they say a certain thing detracts them from the overall sculpt, and I've been there as well, and it does bug the hell out of you. While this may not do it for many, I'm sure down the line Nate, you or I will find a piece that won't appeal to us due to some miniscule imperfection. :D Glad we all got that settled.
See MB? We can get along quite civilised here if we try :)

Darth_Ryan
08-14-2006, 08:12 PM
Finally this issue is resolved. Now lets all be friends and find another statue to criticize :eplus2: :laugh: :)

tyler
08-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Hey likewise like I said, I can bend it too :) And as an artist myself, it doesn't really bother me. But I know where some ppl come from when they say a certain thing detracts them from the overall sculpt, and I've been there as well, and it does bug the hell out of you. While this may not do it for many, I'm sure down the line Nate, you or I will find a piece that won't appeal to us due to some miniscule imperfection. :D Glad we all got that settled.
See MB? We can get along quite civilised here if we try :)

Well said, and here's a similar example: I would have bought the Namor statue, but I think his face looks a little strange. Now, many people who have that piece are fine with the face, but it bugs me so I haven't added it to my collection. And I'm sure there'll be others down the road.

Ink
08-14-2006, 08:17 PM
who cares about the ankle?

I'm pretty sure superheroes & olympic level athletes are a little more flexible than we are

Iacon13
08-14-2006, 08:34 PM
Although I agree with Jesse I am still picking up this piece. Other then that minor issue (IMO) the sculpt is awsome. I would like to point out to all those who keep suggesting that those who defend Bowen are brown nosing....to what end. There is no benefit to sucking up or not so obviously the people who claim to like most of what Bowen produces probably really feel that way. I can't say I care for all his pieces..ie Rhino but overall I think Bowen does a good job and so do the sculptors they hire.

Doc Sonic
08-14-2006, 08:38 PM

I was thinking the paints on that one are a little sloppy.

Nathan H
08-14-2006, 08:48 PM
Hey Ghost... I knew you were joking earlier and it didn't bother me at all. I'm just a weirdo with the criticism thing... like I'd be much more receptive to criticism from Martin Scorsese than from someone who's never picked up a camera. I think that's natural... I'm looking forward to Hawkeye and I'll just enjoy it and let other people worry about the ankle on their statues. Obviously what other people think about it doesn't affect me enjoying mine. Thanks man.

HoldyourfireAl
08-14-2006, 09:13 PM

Nah...I'm just getting sick of the negativity around here. It's getting to the point that folks can't wait to jump on something. I understand some of the critisizm, but this ankle thing & saying the base is underwhelming? Are some of you kidding??????? Oh well, that's life on messageboards! People don't realize that they can hurt other people's feelings at a keyboard.

Al

nolilia
08-14-2006, 09:17 PM
Got my UPS tracking info today. :buttrock:

Jesse321
08-14-2006, 09:26 PM
Nah...I'm just getting sick of the negativity around here. It's getting to the point that folks can't wait to jump on something. I understand some of the critisizm, but this ankle thing & saying the base is underwhelming? Are some of you kidding??????? Oh well, that's life on messageboards! People don't realize that they can hurt other people's feelings at a keyboard.

AlYou know I wasn't going to even bother posting in this thread again, but I've never been known to keep my mouth shut about anything, and I ain't gonna start now.

I personally am SO SICK AND TIRED of hearin this BS!

Look, we're all adults here (at least most of us, most of the time), we've gone from "THIS SUXS" ... to a considerate, rational and pretty logical explaniation of greivences on pieces. Very basically what, you're saying here is if we have a greivance with a piece that we should just shut up and not say anything at all, ever, because we're gonna hurt people's feelings? Or better yet not say anything at all for fear of sounding "negative."

I'm sorry, but I don't think so ... if you disagree with my opinon, you're perfectly within your rights to debate me on it. If you don't like my opinon, you're perfectly within your right to completely ignore it ... but if what your saying is that we can't express our opinons unless it's all rosy sunshine, buttercup and caramel covered roses in praise of the artists and companies, then I say shut the forum down, because what's the sense in discussing anything?

Batwing
08-14-2006, 09:26 PM
DAMMIT, enough already!!! There's NOTHING wrong with expressing an opinion about the anatomical accuracy of the ankle. It's not complaining!!!

Months ago I raised an issue about the arrow being nocked on the 'wrong' side of the bow (when it wasn't made known that it was removable and it was just photographed wrongly) and I got dumped on. And despite the ton of support I got for advocating accuracy, I did not get an apology for the offensive posts directed at me. Oh well, it's no big deal now! :)

Anyhow, I still like this Hawkeye statue and I AM getting it, but there's nothing wrong about asking questions or expressing opinions.

BY THE WAY, please note that the arrow should be nocked on the LEFT side of the bow for all you accuracy-buffs.

Batwing
08-14-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't think so ... if you disagree with my opinon, you're perfectly within your rights to debate me on it. If you don't like my opinon, you're perfectly within your right to completely ignore it ... but if what your saying is that we can't express our opinons unless it's all rosy sunshine, buttercup and caramel covered roses in praise of the artists and companies, then I say shut shut the forum down, because what's the sense in discussing anything?

Well said, Jesse, and I'm supporting you on this.

Ban all opinion-smashers and bowenosers!!! Ban them, I say!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avenger
08-14-2006, 09:32 PM
BY THE WAY, please note that the arrow should be nocked on the LEFT side of the bow for all you accuracy-buffs.
The statue left or my left :inquisiti :eplus2: :laugh:

Jesse321
08-14-2006, 09:37 PM
The statue left or my left :inquisiti :eplus2: :laugh:The statues left, but only if it's the 3rd Tueday of a month ending in the letter "R" and you're wearing white boxers which had been previously washed the week before, because your cat "Milfred" thought they smelled funny and was startled in seeing them crawling across the floor under own power.

Avenger
08-14-2006, 09:39 PM
The statues left, but only if it's the 3rd Tueday of a month ending in the letter "R" and you're wearing white boxers which had been previously washed the week before, because your cat "Milfred" thought they smelled funny and was startled in seeing them crawling across the floor under own power.
What if you don't wear any underwear :inquisiti :laugh:

Jesse321
08-14-2006, 09:41 PM
What if you don't wear any underwear :inquisiti :laugh:Commando should always go left .. don't you watch Falcon? :eplus2:

Batwing
08-14-2006, 09:49 PM
Commando should always go left .. don't you watch Falcon? :eplus2:

We ARE naturally asymmetrical, after all!

Just_joseph
08-15-2006, 06:48 AM
Funny, I've tried the same thing, and I'm not very flexible and I can get pretty close. Wearing a boot like Hawkeye does even hide some of ankle bending.
I asked this girl to try Hawkeye's pose and SHE MANAGED to do it.
Of course she's 115 pounds, does yoga, run and is a physical trainer.

Racer X
08-15-2006, 08:14 AM
Regardless of the whole ankle thing, I can't wait to get this. Delivery tracker says Thurs., I may have to take the day off so I can sit on the porch waiting for the UPS driver!!

BOWEN NUT
08-15-2006, 01:07 PM
Anyone else get their Hawkeye statue in yet?

migsmack
08-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Just got mine in

The Watcher
08-15-2006, 01:56 PM
128/2400

Mine arrived yesterday.

Das Brutah
08-15-2006, 02:23 PM
151 in the house. It looks fantastic. Great job. :buttrock:

nolilia
08-15-2006, 02:24 PM
I'll get mine on Monday.

Ink
08-15-2006, 02:29 PM
I'll get mine on Monday.

so will I

nolilia
08-15-2006, 02:40 PM
so will I

that's the thing if you live on the east coast. :banghead:

BOWEN NUT
08-15-2006, 02:42 PM
Any idea when LCS will have it in?

My LCS was told the 16th.

Darth_Ryan
08-15-2006, 05:48 PM
I got mine from a local comic store. He had it since last week wednesday.

Ink
08-15-2006, 06:06 PM
that's the thing if you live on the east coast. :banghead:

avenger & I live in the midwest

Avenger
08-15-2006, 07:16 PM
avenger & I live in the midwest

The East coast gets it the same time or a day before we do :rolleyes2

It's something that UPS has against Ohio Inkie :confused2 :laugh:

Ink
08-15-2006, 08:39 PM
The East coast gets it the same time or a day before we do :rolleyes2

It's something that UPS has against Ohio Inkie :confused2 :laugh:

yeah everybody has somethin against us :laugh:

ABE
08-16-2006, 12:35 AM
#20 here

migsmack
08-16-2006, 03:02 AM
wow, impressive statue, great job on the detail. The base is half the coolness. What is the bow string made of?

black string/thread.

I like it overall - just wish the face was detailed/painted better

Varangian
08-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Yeah the paintjob does not look great especially on the face... A little bit desappointed!
It seems that latest bowen designs statues especially FS aren't well painted, too much paint on the faces espacially non masked one and the colour seems really artificial or thick.
Don't misunderstand me it's just a point of view... I'm getting all Bowen's stuff without a doubt, I can't miss such pieces of art!

pmpknface
08-16-2006, 11:03 AM
Can we get a close-up of Hawk's face???

RichBamf
08-16-2006, 11:04 AM
Yeah the paintjob does not look great especially on the face... A little bit desappointed!
It seems that latest bowen designs statues especially FS aren't well painted, too much paint on the faces espacially non masked one and the colour seems really artificial or thick.
Don't misunderstand me it's just a point of view... I'm getting all Bowen's stuff without a doubt, I can't miss such pieces of art!

Yeah by that pic the painting on the face looks quite sloppy, especially around the lips.

BOWEN NUT
08-16-2006, 11:17 AM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h24/mrb_s10/she-dragon/DSC07047.jpg

Hmmm... I hope the paint job on my Hawkeye's face comes out better than that. Still, on the whole... I like the statue.

Dante
08-16-2006, 12:00 PM
Hmmm... I hope the paint job on my Hawkeye's face comes out better than that. Still, on the whole... I like the statue.

Keep in mind folks that the picture of Hawkeye's face is blown up about 6 times it's actual size. All the problems with the paint apps are going to look MUCH worse than they actually are.

P1X4R
08-16-2006, 12:13 PM
here's mine..

http://i8.tinypic.com/24pz061.jpg
http://i7.tinypic.com/24pz0bp.jpg
http://i8.tinypic.com/24pz0qq.jpg
http://i8.tinypic.com/24pz0w5.jpg

P1X4R
08-16-2006, 12:16 PM
http://i8.tinypic.com/24pz13d.jpg
http://i8.tinypic.com/24pz2g8.jpg
http://i7.tinypic.com/24pz2th.jpg

fenix v.2.0
08-16-2006, 12:17 PM
Sweet pictures Ed!

P1X4R
08-16-2006, 12:18 PM
http://i7.tinypic.com/24pz3o4.jpg
http://i8.tinypic.com/24pz3ut.jpg
http://i8.tinypic.com/24pz413.jpg
http://i7.tinypic.com/24pz48w.jpg

P1X4R
08-16-2006, 12:19 PM
http://i8.tinypic.com/24pz5w8.jpg
http://i8.tinypic.com/24pz62r.jpg
http://i7.tinypic.com/24pz689.jpg

Stef Jelos
08-16-2006, 12:38 PM
I've tried it with like 6 people .. no one is able to hyperextend thier ankle to that degree without elevating the back of the thier foot.

I realize this this is a small thing to most people, but it glares out at me and I just can't get past it .. to those that can .. hey kudos to you.

Great show me a picture of someone standing in this exact position and I'll conceide the debate over it ... hell I'll even buy one of the statues once someone proves to me that it's possible.

You realize you are quite insane, right?

Archangel
08-16-2006, 12:40 PM
You realize you are quite insane, right?

NOooooo! Don't start him up again!

Jesse321
08-16-2006, 12:47 PM
You realize you are quite insane, right?I never debated that, as a matter of fact, if you read through the rest of the thread, I pretty much admitted to the fact. :tounge:

Nathan H
08-16-2006, 12:47 PM
Got #141 yesterday and all I can say is wow. As a Hawkeye FAN, buying his mini-series' and all kinds of appearances and suspense 57 I can say I'm super impressed with this sculpt. An amazing pose, amazing base, just put him on your shelf and see for yourself!

moon_knight1971
08-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Great pics! I'm waiting until the DST version comes out to do a final comparison. The BD & HH versions look pretty even to me. I like that the HH version is looking straight ahead but don't like that there is no arrows in his bag. Like the base detail and arrows in the bag for the BD version but don't like the upward position he is in...

Walrus
08-16-2006, 09:18 PM
Got mine in. I think it's awesome. Definately feel I made the right choice going with the Bowen version.

jimi311
08-16-2006, 10:03 PM
I never debated that, as a matter of fact, if you read through the rest of the thread, I pretty much admitted to the fact. :tounge:

At least you admit it! :p

bat_collector
08-17-2006, 06:41 PM
I just got bullseye's in (#129), and shipping this statue out as soon as possible.

without a doubt one of the worst statues I have ever seen. The sculpt itself is aweful, and the over-blown base was obvioulsy used to hide that fact.

Probably the worst fs statue I have seen in a long while.

Car50n
08-17-2006, 06:43 PM
I just got bullseye's in (#129), and shipping this statue out as soon as possible.

without a doubt one of the worst statues I have ever seen. The sculpt itself is aweful, and the over-blown base was obvioulsy used to hide that fact.

no wonder i didn't get any orders for it.

Bullseye
08-17-2006, 06:47 PM
Jezz that bad? It looked okay in the pictures.

bat_collector
08-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Jezz that bad? It looked okay in the pictures.
It does? i didn't even think that.

nolilia
08-17-2006, 06:49 PM
I went to my LCS this afternoon and I saw the hard hero Hawkeye. Not a fan.

devlinboy
08-17-2006, 06:51 PM
the hh one looked poor in the pics people said but i think it looks great in person, its funny how this may be the other way around

devlinboy
08-17-2006, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE=nolilia]I went to my LCS this afternoon and I saw the hard hero Hawkeye. Not a fan of the piece.
why dont you like it? just wondering ?

nolilia
08-17-2006, 07:01 PM
why dont you like it? just wondering ?

There's something in him that doesnt impress me to buy him.

feste
08-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Nice edits, bulls.

I wondered why he felt the need to bash Hard Hero's in a thread about the Bowen statue. Is there "Bowenitis" as well?

Bullseye
08-17-2006, 07:20 PM
Please guys we all have our own favourite sculptors and companies but less of the bashing. These sculptors post here. Back to the original subject.;)

Bullseye
08-17-2006, 07:35 PM
After looking at Fenix's and P1's pics I'll be happy with Bowens HE.

bat_collector
08-17-2006, 07:43 PM
After looking at Fenix's and P1's pics I'll be happy with Bowens HE.
well, you did pay for it, so I hope so. :)

As for HH hawkeye, I'm not really a fan of that either. Hopefully I'll like DST's vesion, but I got see it in person.

Bullseye
08-17-2006, 07:46 PM
I think DST's is probably the best out of the three.

bat_collector
08-17-2006, 07:51 PM
I think DST's is probably the best out of the three.
I can't wait to see it.

I actually liked their namor too, but thought HH's was king in that arena.

Bullseye
08-17-2006, 07:52 PM
DST's Nick Fury is also top dog.

kal-el
08-17-2006, 08:05 PM
All I gotta say is my hawkeye showed up today and I now have a new favorite Statue. I am so impressed with this piece. Randy's work is getting better and better and it was great to begin with . He sets the bar so high . Love this statue keep it up