PDA

View Full Version : Man arrested for killing of JonBenet Ramsey

thecallahan
08-16-2006, 08:20 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/jonbenet_ramsey

Wow, I know it's not the biggest or most important news in the world but I wonder if the police got it right this time?

William Paquet
08-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Apparently, he was arrestted on unrelated sex charges in Thailand...THAILAND! Can you imagine what a sick SOB this guy must be to get arrested on sex charges in a country where anything is fair game?

I feel really bad for the parents who have been under scrutiny and suspicion for ten years. To top it all off, her mother Patsy Ramsey died of cancer just two months ago, so she didn't even get the chance to see her reputation restored.

God, I really hate child molestors. They should all die in a cauldron of boiling oil.

thecallahan
08-16-2006, 08:36 PM
Well, according to the article, he was arrested in Thailand for JonBenet's Ramsey, that they went there and got him. But this is Yahoo so who knows.

sincity
08-16-2006, 08:38 PM
Apparently, he was arrestted on unrelated sex charges in Thailand...THAILAND! Can you imagine what a sick SOB this guy must be to get arrested on sex charges in a country where anything is fair game?

I feel really bad for the parents who have been under scrutiny and suspicion for ten years. To top it all off, her mother Patsy Ramsey died of cancer just two months ago, so she didn't even get the chance to see her reputation restored.

God, I really hate child molestors. They should all die in a cauldron of boiling oil.

don't forget to leave room for the rapists, just as bad as pedophiles IMO!!

Teague
08-16-2006, 08:38 PM

Yeah, to add tragedy to tragedy, if it does turn out that the parents had nothing to do with it, it just makes it all the worse. I remember one of my friends saying "Man, I hope they did have something to do with it," after Mrs. Ramsay died. Sounds weird, I know, but that family's lives were ruined, pretty much. I hope at least they get some vindication from this, I honestly do.

At the same time, everyone dropped the ball on this case. The family sort of covered it up at first. The police in Boulder let them, and then mucked up the investigation. And then the media led the charge for villification of the Ramsays themselves. And to be fair, the public jumped on that bandwagon pretty quick. It's just sadness after sadness. Here's hoping that it's almost over, and the guy who did it is off the streets and headed toward some major consequences.

Teague
08-16-2006, 08:39 PM
Well, according to the article, he was arrested in Thailand for JonBenet's Ramsey, that they went there and got him. But this is Yahoo so who knows.

Another article said that they're linking him to the Ramsay murder, but he was only picked up initially because of unrelated sex-charges in Thailand. Whether or not he committed those crimes in Thailand, I don't think we know yet. Does Thailand have extradition?

Kirk Durfey
08-16-2006, 08:47 PM
Wasn't her brother also accused? I hope this is the scum that did it and he gets back here for justice...

boondocksaint
08-16-2006, 08:50 PM
i really dont think this is a subject that people should be cracking jokes on....just my opinion ofcourse..

MONSTER
08-16-2006, 09:01 PM
I agree with you boony. There is just nothing funny about it at all.

CocoPUFF
08-16-2006, 09:09 PM
I used to live in Denver, and the cops(boulder PD) were doing nothing but pointing fingers for years....evidence tampering, blaming investigators at the scene, blaming the parents, blaming the groundskeepers or housekeeper or something...if I can remember right.....nothing but a mess...

William Paquet
08-16-2006, 09:32 PM
don't forget to leave room for the rapists, just as bad as pedophiles IMO!!

No doubt.

William Paquet
08-16-2006, 09:35 PM
Another article said that they're linking him to the Ramsay murder, but he was only picked up initially because of unrelated sex-charges in Thailand. Whether or not he committed those crimes in Thailand, I don't think we know yet. Does Thailand have extradition?

I heard on the news that he was already in a Bangkok jail on other sex charges that took place there, and was then arrested on the JonBennet murder.

He is happily being extradited to the U.S.. Thailand does not have a great reputation as a place to do time.

armitage
08-16-2006, 09:40 PM
This is what happens when society is basing wheter you are guilty or innocent, over sensational media. The girls parents deserve an apology. (even though her mom ain't with us anymore)

firestorm
08-17-2006, 07:38 AM
Hopefully, for Jon-Benet's sake and her father's peace of mind, justice will finally be served, and closure can finally be achieved for all concerned... nuff said...

madjazz
08-17-2006, 07:54 AM
To anyone that has kids this is good news. I don't think the police ever accused the Ramsey's (they might have) but because there was so much stonewalling there, I do think the Police got disctracted. Also, playing the odds, when things like this happen, it is frequently someone close to the victim.

I've tried to put myself in the parent's shoes and wonder what that must have felt like to have your daughter taken from you, and then not even be able to properly mourn and have the support of your community in doing so.

I do hope that if this does vindicate the family members that they can now get some closure and let the healing begin.

I don't have a problem with the police investigating the family and would have been disappointed if they didn't. The leaks to the media in that case did not help anyone, however, and was not only unprofessional, but also caused great ultimate hardship to that investigation.

firestorm
08-17-2006, 08:57 AM
At this moment, I'm watching the local news... this scumf*ck actually held a press conference this morning and was answering questions from the press?!?... and saying that he loved Jon-Benet?!?... UN. F*CKING. REAL...

Meta Jon
08-17-2006, 09:21 AM
For some people a vat of boiling oil is too good.

Eye of Agamotto
08-17-2006, 10:06 AM
They should'nt be letting that guy talk to the press, being a father, hearing some perv say stuff about my daughter like he is saying would be painful, more painful if my daughter had been murdered. It sad we could not see Jon Benets mom alive to see her vindicated, something in me now feels she always knew the truth, it's us that did'nt.

There's really nothing funny about this, people cracking jokes about this or OJ just like being the center of attention, look at yourself in the mirror if you can't subside for a minute the need to say something funny, were not david letterman or jay leno making money from creating laughs at other peoples misery.

Child molesters are the worst of the worst scum of human being on earth, unfortuneatly they will never go away, each of us, fathers, mothers, uncles, brothers etc just need to remember to protect our children, theres people out there that see them as objects for abuse and not individuals. Monsters exist.

armitage
08-17-2006, 10:54 AM
<IMAGE SRC=http://www.a-human-right.com/s_doors.jpg>

Daywalker
08-17-2006, 11:15 AM
<IMAGE SRC=http://www.a-human-right.com/s_doors.jpg>
exactly

boondocksaint
08-17-2006, 11:20 AM
They should'nt be letting that guy talk to the press, being a father, hearing some perv say stuff about my daughter like he is saying would be painful, more painful if my daughter had been murdered. It sad we could not see Jon Benets mom alive to see her vindicated, something in me now feels she always knew the truth, it's us that did'nt.

There's really nothing funny about this, people cracking jokes about this or OJ just like being the center of attention, look at yourself in the mirror if you can't subside for a minute the need to say something funny, were not david letterman or jay leno making money from creating laughs at other peoples misery.

Child molesters are the worst of the worst scum of human being on earth, unfortuneatly they will never go away, each of us, fathers, mothers, uncles, brothers etc just need to remember to protect our children, theres people out there that see them as objects for abuse and not individuals. Monsters exist.

i agree 100%
i enjoy making fun of mostly everything...but something like this is DEFINITELY not something to make jokes about...

firestorm
08-17-2006, 11:52 AM

... :thumbs2:... well said, Eye...

JadeGiant
08-17-2006, 11:56 AM

agreed eye

Nightwinger
08-17-2006, 12:00 PM
This smells worse than 8 day old fish on a hot August day in the south of
USA.....

personally.

I think he'd rather be in an American prison, than a Thailand one.
WHY would he offer this info...as soon as he was arrested???
WHY would his wife say he was WITH her in Alamama when the JBR tragedy
took place????

This whack job is NOT the person that is responcabile for the JBR tragedy.

People want closure so badly. When bad things happen. We want it to be nice and neat and tidy. And explained.

This whack job is using this...............And the sad thing is.
JBR's responsible person is still out there.

Nightwinger
08-17-2006, 12:05 PM
And if you look at him.

He's ill,from something. I mean physically.
He won't get good health care over seas...IN PRISON.

It's sad he's USING the JBR to get attention. To get back to the states.
And the family...if none of them were originnally involved have to go through this NONSENSE...................again.

Zurbaran1
08-17-2006, 12:09 PM

Well since this seems to be directed at me, I will respond. First I am sorry if anyone was offended by the comment, it has been removed. The death of any child is horrible and nothing to laugh at. I have 2 girls myself so I know what a horror that is. The joke was directed at the length of time it took to find a suspect. For some reason the image of OJ saying how he was going to find the killer came to mind. That's it.

Agamotto, pretty presumptuous of you to be able to come out and judge people you don't know based on pretty much nothing. I check the mirror from time to time and don't need you to tell me to do so. Thanks.

Eye of Agamotto
08-17-2006, 12:26 PM
Well since this seems to be directed at me, I will respond. First I am sorry if anyone was offended by the comment, it has been removed. The death of any child is horrible and nothing to laugh at. I have 2 girls myself so I know what a horror that is. The joke was directed at the length of time it took to find a suspect. For some reason the image of OJ saying how he was going to find the killer came to mind. That's it.

Agamotto, pretty presumptuous of you to be able to come out and judge people you don't know based on pretty much nothing. I check the mirror from time to time and don't need you to tell me to do so. Thanks.

I'm not being nothing, you and anybody else with the same idea should chill with the humourous comments that's all. Thanks for removing it, being a father yourself and knowing how deep those feelings run I know you probably did'nt intend to set a precident of this being a joking matter. I know you got more class than that :buttrock:

Nightwinger: They just said on the radio that they need to check his DNA and against that found on Jon Benet's panty's, that should answer this conclusively. I agree that people really badly want someone accountable for this.

armitage
08-17-2006, 12:43 PM
I think we should round up every pedophile and rapist and torture them for awhile before finding the most demented way of killing them. It would sure as hell brighten my day.

Nightwinger
08-17-2006, 12:51 PM
Nightwinger: They just said on the radio that they need to check his DNA and against that found on Jon Benet's panty's, that should answer this conclusively. I agree that people really badly want someone accountable for this.

Even if they 'say' it's a match.
I'm going to have MAJOR doubts.

He wanted a press confrence.
He told them as soon as he was arrested.
His EX-WIFE says he was in ALAMBMA when it happened,WITH her.

I don't know ALOT of ex's that would HELP to keep someone OUT of that kinda trouble.

Guess we'll wait and see how this turns out.

Nightwinger
08-17-2006, 12:56 PM
I think we should round up every pedophile and rapist and torture them for awhile before finding the most demented way of killing them. It would sure as hell brighten my day.

uh...that sounds kinda Hitleresque........Sorry.

Being a survivor of child abuse,you'd think I would agree with you.
I can't say I do.

This MAJOR problem has NO easy answer. It's not a neat and clean issue.

If we do public beatings/exiqutions. It'll force them to be MORE secrective.

I have no idea what the answer is.
Except---TEACH your children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And hope nothing bad happens.

Teague
08-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Even if they 'say' it's a match.
I'm going to have MAJOR doubts.

He wanted a press confrence.
He told them as soon as he was arrested.
His EX-WIFE says he was in ALAMBMA when it happened,WITH her.

I don't know ALOT of ex's that would HELP to keep someone OUT of that kinda trouble.

Guess we'll wait and see how this turns out.

No idea what's going on with the ex--and you're right, that's weird. But there's a lot more than his confession that they're going on here. The DNA will be the final say, but the reason they were after him at all is that he knew information about the murder that hadn't been released to the press, or known outside a very small circle. It's not like the guy got caught in Thailand for something, and then confessed out of the blue--they've been after this waste of breath for a while now.

Ghost
08-17-2006, 02:18 PM
They also said that the father knew of him as a suspect a while back. So there has to be some connection rather then just some guy blatantly expressing all this info.

armitage
08-17-2006, 02:52 PM
uh...that sounds kinda Hitleresque........Sorry.

Being a survivor of child abuse,you'd think I would agree with you.
I can't say I do.

This MAJOR problem has NO easy answer. It's not a neat and clean issue.

If we do public beatings/exiqutions. It'll force them to be MORE secrective.

I have no idea what the answer is.
Except---TEACH your children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And hope nothing bad happens.

I find it amusing people compare everything to Hitler. Are you saying I'm a racist?
Did I say round up all the Jews and handicapped and shoot them?
NO.
The problem is that we are too tolerant. Criminals are aware of this and it lets them have a free pass.
The reason you think it's not a neat and clean answer, is because people have been so brainwashed into believing that there is a grey area of morality.
Sorry to hear of your experience. I think that if you look deep down you'll see I'm right. It sounds "violent and inhuman" but I guarantee if you make a few examples of these idiots, it will make people think twice about their actions.
And if it doesn't, then they don't belong among the living, while they stalk and victimize innocent people.
Sometimes you have to break a few eggs to make an omlette. :)

Ghost
08-17-2006, 02:59 PM
I don't like omelettes much but I do like scrambled eggs? But I agree. You have to put the terror back into them before they try to do any of these actions. But with places like Thailand or the Phillipines around...

armitage
08-17-2006, 03:12 PM
Think of it like cancer. Would you remove cancer from your system if you could?
Or would you just hope and pray it'll go away and not affect you.
Like I said I'm sorry for anyone who has ever suffered from abuse or rape.
It's a shame. However I think along a more preventitive path. I say stop it before it happens.

"Melvin Carter was convicted in 1982 on 12 counts of sexual assault.
Carter confessed to raping more than one hundred women! Carter's release
to a prison camp in Modoc, County, caused an uproar from citizens and
former victims who didn't want this sexual predator in their community."

Coulda stopped him.

" Every day in California, an average of 14 convicted sex offenders
are released from prison;"

Hmmm. That's a suprise.

" An estimated that 46 percent of convicted sex offenders are
either given probation after having served no jail time, or are sentenced
to a year or less in a county jail;"

Once again it shows how our system has failed us.

"51 percent of the people convicted of child molestation are
placed on probation with no jail term, or sentenced to a year or less in
a county jail."

Wow! Now that's great a 50/50 shot of getting jail time or a year or less.
You rely on this system. I'll rely on a 9mm

hawkeyethearcher
08-17-2006, 03:20 PM
the attorney for the ramseys said this man was being charged so i am guessing they have good evidence on him. he has been on there watch list for a couple years. i would guess that at this point you would have to know some pretty intersting details to get a trial. with all the stuff released to the news there could be false info to keep someone from confesing falsely.

armitage. in case you were wondering there was one other person who looked deep to decide if something was right or wrong. his name was hitler. j/k

Nightwinger
08-17-2006, 03:27 PM
I find it amusing people compare everything to Hitler. Are you saying I'm a racist?

Come on Armi.
Don't be silly.
Or course NOT. I said H-esques caues it's the easiest example or 'rounding folks up'.

I guess I could have said---How AMERICAN. Seeing that's what was done during WWII to the asain population.

The problem with 'putting fear into these people'.

SOME parents have become to lenant in raiseing their children cause the kid will call 976-kids,or some such thing.

And as I stated. There isn't any easy solution.
As for breaking a few eggs to make an omlette.
What if a neighbor kid called 'the authorities' on you because last summer,you
yelled at the kid to get off your lawn. ***this is just an example. I'm not suggesting you have a lawn :laugh: ***

Are you WILLING to be an EGG,for the better omlette of society.
What happens if your lawyer just isn't good enough to bet the other lawyer??

Again. It's NOT an easy problem to solve.

I will now not post any more to this thread.

I am curiuos of otheres thoughts. :thumbs2: :p

Ghost
08-17-2006, 03:31 PM
A lynch mob is pretty much a general idea of rounding up anyone. I'm not saying grab your pitchforks and torches and break down every door, but where there's evidence, you break down that door. Even with the miniscule percentage of it being falsely accused and what not.

Still this is for another thread, and distracting from the subject of this thread. I suggest we drop this, and open up a new one if ppl are still inclined to make comments about the subject of discussion.

armitage
08-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Still this is for another thread, and distracting from the subject of this thread. I suggest we drop this, and open up a new one if ppl are still inclined to make comments about the subject of discussion.

Sorry Ghost, I have to be an A$$hole. It's in my blood.:)
Nightwinger, I'll behave myself now. Pm me if you want to carry this any further
Because I don't see the correlation between yelling at a kid on your lawn and raping women/molesting children.

Ghost
08-17-2006, 03:43 PM
I think everyone's got a bit of that in their blood :D

armitage
08-17-2006, 03:47 PM
I think everyone's got a bit of that in their blood :D

Too true. But today I have a little something else in my blood as well. I like to call it Cuervo Gold.:)
Ooops now I'm making off topic again. :eplus2:

MONSTER
08-17-2006, 04:09 PM
Did I say round up all the Jews and handicapped and shoot them?
NO.
The problem is that we are too tolerant. Criminals are aware of this and it lets them have a free pass.
The reason you think it's not a neat and clean answer, is because people have been so brainwashed into believing that there is a grey area of morality.
Sorry to hear of your experience. I think that if you look deep down you'll see I'm right. It sounds "violent and inhuman" but I guarantee if you make a few examples of these idiots, it will make people think twice about their actions.
And if it doesn't, then they don't belong among the living, while they stalk and victimize innocent people.
Sometimes you have to break a few eggs to make an omlette. :)

Well said.

JM28Cardiff
08-18-2006, 03:55 AM
Rapists, child molesters, murderers etc are not monsters, they are human beings, thats what makes them more scary, that there is an element among humans that can do this kind of thing, a flaw. I dont think killing people is the answer though, you have plenty of people on death row over there dont you, it doesnt seem like a deterrent.

However, I am starting to think that people with an IQ below a certain level should be sterilised, I dont mean mentally disabled people, just people who are a bit thick, lets start weeding them out. :peoples:

On a related note in this case, those child beauty pageants that the girl was in are a bit grotesque, little kids dolled up to the nines, wearing evening dresses and whatever, its weird.

armitage
08-18-2006, 07:38 AM
Rapists, child molesters, murderers etc are not monsters, they are human beings, thats what makes them more scary, that there is an element among humans that can do this kind of thing, a flaw. I dont think killing people is the answer though, you have plenty of people on death row over there dont you, it doesnt seem like a deterrent.

However, I am starting to think that people with an IQ below a certain level should be sterilised, I dont mean mentally disabled people, just people who are a bit thick, lets start weeding them out. :peoples:

On a related note in this case, those child beauty pageants that the girl was in are a bit grotesque, little kids dolled up to the nines, wearing evening dresses and whatever, its weird.

14 states do not have the death penalty anymore. And the trend to stop the death penalty is increasing. I think once you take the life of someone, you forefit your right to your life. Many people on death row spend years filling appeals and waste taxpayers money for feeding and sheltering them. It costs around $30,000 a year for each death row inmate.
The fact that the death penalty is not a criminal deterrent, should tell you something about these people. If they aren't afraid to die, they certainly aren't afraid to kill you or a member of your family. In 2002 there was around 3,650 men facing the death penalty.
If some of their victims were armed the number of people in jail would be greatly diminished.
There would be an increase in cemetery plots though.
<IMAGE SRC=http://www.a-human-right.com/s_surecure.jpg>
And yes the child pageants are very odd to me. It is strange to see little girls dressed up and paraded around like dolls. I have a daughter and there's no way in hell I want her in one of these "Beauty Pageants".

madjazz
08-18-2006, 08:23 AM
I am scaling back my faith that they have the right guy. I don't know what his agenda is, and I have no doubt he has prbably done some bad things. I am wondering if he has done THIS bad thing.

Sounds like the police need to reconcile some story points and may have difficulty actually placing him near the scene of the crime. This will not resolve itself for a while.

firestorm
08-18-2006, 09:21 AM
Now I'm really starting to question if this obsessed scumf*ck truly is Jon-Benet's killer... so many questions and so much controversy on the second day of this media circus event... is he looking for that 15 minutes of fame?... is he or ain't he the one behind this despicable act?... gonna be waiting quite a while for DNA tests and results at this point...

Teague
08-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Yeah, sounds like this guy might just be looking for some (sick) way to marry himself to the JonBenet tragedy. I hope they do have the right guy. (Even if they don't, though, it's good that this guy is off the streets, though.)

And seriously, guys, can we stop with the death penatly/gun control/let's round up all these people and shoot them arguments? I can totally understand the emotional place you're coming from on this, and honestly, I love a good debate. But this isn't the thread for it, and it has the potential to get divisive.

Eye of Agamotto
08-18-2006, 12:46 PM
Yeah, sounds like this guy might just be looking for some (sick) way to marry himself to the JonBenet tragedy. I hope they do have the right guy. (Even if they don't, though, it's good that this guy is off the streets, though.)

And seriously, guys, can we stop with the death penatly/gun control/let's round up all these people and shoot them arguments? I can totally understand the emotional place you're coming from on this, and honestly, I love a good debate. But this isn't the thread for it, and it has the potential to get divisive.

Well said Teague, your on point.

Ghost
08-18-2006, 01:53 PM
Well said Teague, your on point.

That's what I said earlier!

You still stirring trouble, Armi? :laugh:

Eye of Agamotto
08-18-2006, 03:48 PM

I realized that too Ghost, you also mentioned staying on point, this topic is like a pandora's box where the story can deviate to other discussions. It's multifacited and hate to say it but I am fascinated!

I wonder if Jon bennet's father has any connection to Karr?

armitage
08-18-2006, 04:01 PM

You know it!! :buttrock:
:laugh:
I hate to be the kinda guy who always has the last word, but that's the kinda guy I have to be.http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/crazy/1148.gif

fossa
08-18-2006, 04:29 PM
nightwinger,

i think you may have it absolutely right. i heard this morning that they are now saying he may not be the guy...

Crom
08-18-2006, 06:21 PM
He might not be the guy, but he seems to have some strong connection to the murder. The fact that someone as creepy as him was even connected to JonBennet is odd enough. It seems really weird that someone would confess to a 10-year old murder, they would need to have some intimate knowledge of the case to convince the police to have him extradited. If he isn't guilty of the murder, I wonder what he does know about it?

Odd also that he has been under scutiny for a long time but I don't remember ever hearing about him. If his name was even whipered back then, there would have 4,000 reporters tearing his life apart. And consideirng his life choices, they would have had a field day.

devlinboy
08-18-2006, 06:24 PM
i cant believe hthis guy wore his pants so high

Ink
08-18-2006, 06:35 PM
i cant believe hthis guy wore his pants so high

high waters :laugh:

Daywalker
08-28-2006, 05:09 PM
just updating incase ppl havent heard yet - karr isnt being charged

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/US/JonBenet_Ramsey_Murder

rychehitman
08-28-2006, 05:12 PM
un-frickin-real.

You'd think they'd confirm the DNA before shelling out our tax dollars to bring him back to the US from Thailand!

lord odin
08-28-2006, 05:20 PM
un-frickin-real.

You'd think they'd confirm the DNA before shelling out our tax dollars to bring him back to the US from Thailand!
In Russia they would have beat the truth out of him then put a bullet in his head.
Years ago when there was a serial killer targeting and killing kids when they got him they built a cage in the police station to hold him.
The cage wasn`t to keep him in but to keep parents from killing him.

rychehitman
08-28-2006, 05:33 PM
this country needs to see vigilante justice return in a BIG way!

Teague
08-28-2006, 05:35 PM
What a mess. They must have known that preliminary DNA wasn't a match. Verifying it is one thing, but dragging it out like this? Man, the Boulder PD just keeps punching itself in the nuts over and over again.

sellin71
08-28-2006, 05:57 PM
It doesn't matter if this guy didn't do it, he still needs to be put away somewhere far, far, far, really freakin' far away from children. And livestock!

lord odin
08-28-2006, 05:58 PM
I`ll say one thing that guy traveled in style. :rolleyes2
Any idea how many thousands were wasted? :mad:

lord odin
08-28-2006, 06:00 PM
It doesn't matter if this guy didn't do it, he still needs to be put away somewhere far, far, far, really freakin' far away from children. And livestock!
I bet he`ll do the interviews and have a book deal by weeks end.

Comicboy
08-28-2006, 06:31 PM
In Russia they would have beat the truth out of him then put a bullet in his head.
Years ago when there was a serial killer targeting and killing kids when they got him they built a cage in the police station to hold him.
The cage wasn`t to keep him in but to keep parents from killing him.
I believe you are referring to Andrei Chikatilo. He tortured, raped, murdered 52 women and children. They actually had caught him years before but released him due to he fact he was a Party Member in good standing. Serial killers were a "Western phenomenon" and didn't happen in Russia. :rolleyes2

armitage
08-28-2006, 06:41 PM
The fact that the guy is so insistant about the fact that he killed her is disturbing enough. He certainly has mental issues.
Maybe he didn't kill her but I wouldn't trust this guy around my kid, that's for d@mn sure.

Daywalker
08-28-2006, 06:42 PM
I believe you are referring to Andrei Chikatilo. He tortured, raped, murdered 52 women and children. They actually had caught him years before but released him due to he fact he was a Party Member in good standing. Serial killers were a "Western phenomenon" and didn't happen in Russia. :rolleyes2
if im not mistaken didnt chikatilo say that even though he was charged/convicted with the 52 killings that he actually killed over 200 ?

Daywalker
08-28-2006, 06:44 PM
anyone ever think that maybe - just maybe - mr ramsey might have put him up to confessing or something ? maybe ramsey paid him off or something to clear his and his wifes name of the killing since they have been the prime suspects since day 1 ? - if im not wrong didnt ramsey take off in his private plane about a week ago to "avoid" public attn when this guy arrive in col ?

Comicboy
08-28-2006, 06:56 PM
After his arrest he led them to 3 more they didn't even know about but I think you may be thinking about Henry Lee Lucas. I don't remember reading Andrei had ever claimed that many. Bundy also said he had in the triple digits but that may have been his ego talking, trying to save himself from the chair. About Mr.Ramsey, it's possible but really stupid if true. Something like that always comes out, especially with this guy. He was arrested on another charge in Tailand(?) and this was a good way to get attention by the Consulate to get the hell out of that country before he ended up in jail there.

madjazz
08-28-2006, 07:08 PM
anyone ever think that maybe - just maybe - mr ramsey might have put him up to confessing or something ? maybe ramsey paid him off or something to clear his and his wifes name of the killing since they have been the prime suspects since day 1 ? - if im not wrong didnt ramsey take off in his private plane about a week ago to "avoid" public attn when this guy arrive in col ?
The guy is an admitted student of the Ransey case, and I think he tried to cop to this to give the Ramsey's closure.

I don't think there was any payoff or anything like that, because even a "less-than-intelligent" person would have to guess that any suspect would be given an anal probe. No way something like that could stay hidden. JMO.

Teague
08-28-2006, 07:25 PM
This guy needs to be put away for any number of things. He needs to stop getting the publicity he so obviously craves, and be put in a mental institution for the rest of his sad little days.

thecallahan
08-28-2006, 07:58 PM
This whole thing is just way out there and freaky. 10 bucks says the dude is killed within the first year he's in jail.

lord odin
08-29-2006, 09:54 AM
They do in the government. :confused2

lord odin
08-29-2006, 09:56 AM
if im not mistaken didnt chikatilo say that even though he was charged/convicted with the 52 killings that he actually killed over 200 ?
I heard it was close to 300.

fossa
08-29-2006, 09:57 AM
anyone ever think that maybe - just maybe - mr ramsey might have put him up to confessing or something ? maybe ramsey paid him off or something to clear his and his wifes name of the killing since they have been the prime suspects since day 1 ? - if im not wrong didnt ramsey take off in his private plane about a week ago to "avoid" public attn when this guy arrive in col ?I really don't think he paid Karr off.

The case has been dropped. DNA evidence could not link him to the crime scene.

Yes he did.

lord odin
08-29-2006, 10:00 AM
This guy needs to be put away for any number of things. He needs to stop getting the publicity he so obviously craves, and be put in a mental institution for the rest of his sad little days.
Screw the institution I don`t know about you but i`m tired of spending my tax dollars taking care of these wackos.
How about we take that money and help our veterans or health care.

Primal
08-29-2006, 10:09 AM
And yes the child pageants are very odd to me. It is strange to see little girls dressed up and paraded around like dolls. I have a daughter and there's no way in hell I want her in one of these "Beauty Pageants".
Agreed. Those "pageants" are just way disturbing to watch.
Damn parents forcing their kids to grow up way too fast.

lord odin
08-29-2006, 10:17 AM
Agreed. Those "pageants" are just way disturbing to watch.
Damn parents forcing their kids to grow up way too fast.
A couple of weeks ago on oprah they had two mothers on the show.
One lady has a 3 year old girl obsessed with makeup and dressing up including fixing her hair.
The other lady has a 4 year old obsessed with her weight.
The mother lets the 3 year old read or should I say look at victoria secrets catalogs. :rolleyes2
It`s sad these two girls are in therapy and they haven`t hit 5 yet. :rolleyes2

Daywalker
08-29-2006, 10:21 AM
I really don't think he paid Karr off.

The case has been dropped. DNA evidence could not link him to the crime scene.

Yes he did.
ok ( playing devils advocate ) why ? if u are innocent and want ur name clear - why dont u stick around ? i mean youve been the prime suspect in the killing why wouldnt u be around so u couldbe publically cleared

my next question - if he wasnt the killer ( mainly cuz the dna says he isnt ) - who is ? is the suspiscion back on the parents ? also karr said he was with her when she died - well then if he didnt kill her who did ?

i think there is alot more to this case that ppl arent letting out - it just seems to wierd that this guy pops outta no-where and then is cleared so quickly - and again why would mr ramsey just take off when he is seemingly going to be cleared of suspicsion

fossa
08-29-2006, 11:02 AM
ok ( playing devils advocate ) why ? if u are innocent and want ur name clear - why dont u stick around ? i mean youve been the prime suspect in the killing why wouldnt u be around so u couldbe publically cleared

he said he was tired of all the publicity and did not want to be hounded anymore.

my next question - if he wasnt the killer ( mainly cuz the dna says he isnt ) - who is ? is the suspiscion back on the parents ? also karr said he was with her when she died - well then if he didnt kill her who did ?

who knows? Karr is one sick puppy. he just wanted the attention & to get out of Thailand.

i think there is alot more to this case that ppl arent letting out - it just seems to wierd that this guy pops outta no-where and then is cleared so quickly - and again why would mr ramsey just take off when he is seemingly going to be cleared of suspicsionthat is always the case...who knows...

Daywalker
08-29-2006, 11:11 AM
he said he was tired of all the publicity and did not want to be hounded anymore.
ok - thats a posibility - but this isnt going to be poor publicity - its going to be somethign that would exhonorate him and clear him and his wifes names of the killings - why wouldnt u want to be around ? its like an inmate being let out after a 10 years sentaence b/c hes found to be innocent saying he didnt want to be there

again - im just playing devils advocate - im not looking for a debate as to who was teh killer or not - or who is guilty and whatever - im just saying that it doesnt make sense that he would take off to avoid publicity of a good nature

granted karr has been cleared - my question (before the dna came out ) was if he was the killer and was smart enough to avoid police for 10 years - why would he break down and confess as soon as they knock on the door

and lastly - if karr really had nothign to do with it and just wanted attn and a way out of thailand how did he let himself get caught ? like did he email the boulder city police and say im the guy ? whats teh deal ?

fossa
08-29-2006, 11:15 AM
ok - thats a posibility - but this isnt going to be poor publicity - its going to be somethign that would exhonorate him and clear him and his wifes names of the killings - why wouldnt u want to be around ? its like an inmate being let out after a 10 years sentaence b/c hes found to be innocent saying he didnt want to be there

again - im just playing devils advocate - im not looking for a debate as to who was teh killer or not - or who is guilty and whatever - im just saying that it doesnt make sense that he would take off to avoid publicity of a good nature

granted karr has been cleared - my question (before the dna came out ) was if he was the killer and was smart enough to avoid police for 10 years - why would he break down and confess as soon as they knock on the door

and lastly - if karr really had nothign to do with it and just wanted attn and a way out of thailand how did he let himself get caught ? like did he email the boulder city police and say im the guy ? whats teh deal ?you should be a reporter :)

well i guess, until you have people surrounding your house/on stakeout/following your every move 24/7, you really would not know how it feels to get that much publicity, good OR bad. he was just tired of it and wanted out.

Daywalker
08-29-2006, 11:17 AM
you should be a reporter :)

i dont think they would let me on tv with my appearance.......atleast not on the news anyway
:laugh: :laugh:

fossa
08-29-2006, 11:21 AM
i dont think they would let me on tv with my appearance.......atleast not on the news anyway
:laugh: :laugh:*desk* reporter!
are you one of the guys covered with tattoos, if i remember correctly?

Daywalker
08-29-2006, 11:25 AM
*desk* reporter!
are you one of the guys covered with tattoos, if i remember correctly?
yes im know to have one or two :laugh: :laugh: