PDA

View Full Version : Batman Begins Sequel: MORE Villains...

firestorm
08-17-2006, 07:28 AM
Excerpted from Bill Zwecker's column in the Chicago Sun-Times dated August 17th, 2006...

"Ryan Phillippe (Antitrust) may have aced out Liev Schreiber (Scream, Manchurian Candidate) and Josh Lucas (Hulk, Stealth) to snare the role of Harvey Dent/Two Face in the upcoming Batman Begins sequel, again starring Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman--
Newly crowned Academy Award winner Phillip Seymour Hoffman (Capote, Mission: Impossible 3) is in talks to play the Penguin in the new picture."

3 villains in one movie?... isn't this a bit of overkill?...

Heath Ledger as a young Joker?... maybe... maybe not... I'm still on the fence on this choice, but it JUST MIGHT work...
Ryan Phillippe as a young Harvey Dent?... NO WAY!...
Phillip Hoffman as a young Penguin?.... I think he'll do just fine... funny, he reminds me in a way of Paul Williams, the voice of the animated Penguin...

So there it is... whaddaya think about THESE developments?... any comments/opinions from out there in the SF wilderness?...

galactus
08-17-2006, 07:37 AM
Well, maybe they're just going to have Cameos and not full blown roles. I don't know if many people remember, but Billy D Williams was Harvey Dent in the first Burton Batman (not that he came back as Two Face). Hopefully they're just sort of thrown in for fun and not an important part of the movie.

patrickwm68
08-17-2006, 07:59 AM
That was the problem with the other Bat movies, too many villains. The studio probably stepped in....again, and said more villains = more toys and action figures.

RichBamf
08-17-2006, 08:07 AM
Ryna Phillipe as Harvey Dent is an awful chioce. I heard at one point Guy Ritchie was interested because of the Nolan connection from Memento, now that would've been awesome.I can see Josh Lucas in the role too.

Harvey shouldn't become Two face until the third film, perhaps after Joker gets caught there could be a 'Trial of the Joker' and Joker could squirt Dent with his flower acid.

Hoffman should be cool, as long as they don't make hima a sewer mutant.

Daywalker
08-17-2006, 08:53 AM
as was said and i have to agree - the idea of a samll cameo role to eb followed up by a main role in a sequel would be the best way tot do it - like big G said - billy d in the orig played dent and then 2 face popped up in part 3 - it also works well for hte spidey movies - they elude to certain villians in the first 2 (dc connors/goblin/venom .... i could be wrong but i htink carnage too) and they are going to be in the 3rd installment

firestorm
08-17-2006, 09:15 AM
That was the problem with the other Bat movies, too many villains. The studio probably stepped in....again, and said more villains = more toys and action figures.

Let's hope that's not what has happened here...

RC212
08-17-2006, 09:18 AM
I think he should just fight Superman, and knock that stupid grin off Routh's face... which reminds me i need to post something

wktf
08-17-2006, 10:02 AM
Too many villains in one film has always been problematic. Batman Returns is the only one that really pulled it off at all. I'm worried about Spider-Man 3 with Venom, Sandman and the Harry Goblin all together. The first two were great with just one main villain. I hope Drew's correct, that these others show up briefly only as teasers or to seed the plot for future movies.

Nightwinger
08-17-2006, 11:11 AM
Too many villains in one film has always been problematic. Batman Returns is the only one that really pulled it off at all. I'm worried about Spider-Man 3 with Venom, Sandman and the Harry Goblin all together. The first two were great with just one main villain. I hope Drew's correct, that these others show up briefly only as teasers or to seed the plot for future movies.

There's rumor of a 4th villian in SM3.
You know how the interent is..............What I read recently----Bruce Campbell as MYSERIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He may not be the full blown-Mysterio....
Just a set up.

Which would be cool. Seeing he 'appeared' in the first 2. Connected to
'entertainment'---announcer of wrestling match. Usher at MJ's play.

Getting back on track................

ONLY if Harvey/Two face and Oswold Cobblepot/Penguin make ver small
cameos that will lead to future roles in othe Bat-movies.

TOO MANY villians spoil the movie............

Ryan as Harvey---eh...okay.
Hoffman as Penguin-----should hit that out of the ball park!!!!!!!!!!!

Ghost
08-17-2006, 01:38 PM
I say nay to Ryan as Dent. You need someone with more GRIT!

DarthBane
08-17-2006, 01:41 PM
You know how the interent is..............What I read recently----Bruce Campbell as MYSERIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He may not be the full blown-Mysterio....
Just a set up.

They were actually talking about the 4th villain being either The Lizard (which was also in Spiderman 2) or Jonah Jamesons Son (I forgot his name like wolfman or something. He's half wolf because of something that happened it outerspace).

Daredevil
08-17-2006, 01:56 PM
They were actually talking about the 4th villain being either The Lizard (which was also in Spiderman 2) or Jonah Jamesons Son (I forgot his name like wolfman or something. He's half wolf because of something that happened it outerspace).

you meant Man-Wolf

DarthBane
08-17-2006, 03:09 PM
you meant Man-Wolf

Yeah thats the name...Couldn't think of it

VaultMan
08-17-2006, 05:27 PM
Guy Ritchie was interested because of the Nolan connection from Memento, now that would've been awesome.I can see Josh Lucas in the role too.

Hoffman should be cool, as long as they don't make hima a sewer mutant.

Yep. I could see Hoffman as the Penguin. Just a crime boss, with a weird kinda look, running his part of Gotham city. Just a small role right now. I could see it.

They need to be real careful with these castings. They are only one move away from making a movie that has no choice but to be corny. I wont condemn them on Heath Ledger just yet, but lets see where they go from here.

XSE
08-17-2006, 05:45 PM
Could be interesting....the movie is a LOOOONNNGGG way off....so I will wait til I see more hard evidence before I start saying no or too many villians

MiamiLoco
08-17-2006, 06:42 PM
Just a set up.
Yeah, it would be cool if they show Bruce as a frustrated magician at a kid's party that Spidey crashes into.