PDA

View Full Version : question on statues

cougartrace
08-17-2006, 08:29 AM
I know this may not belong in this forum, but does Bowen or HH have to get permission from Marvel for every statue or bust that they want to create? Or do they have a contract with Marvel and then are free to make any character from the Marvel Universe?

CougarTrace

JLM
08-17-2006, 08:34 AM
As I understand things Bowen gets a licence from Marvel to produce statues for a set period, but all the statues produced in that period are subject to approval by Marvel. I have wondered what Marvel are looking for when the approve a statue

risingstar
08-17-2006, 08:34 AM
Marvel has to approve everything.

This always struck me as odd as every so often a sculpture with evident errors gets past the supposed scrutinizing Marvel brass.

Alex655321
08-17-2006, 09:53 AM
I know they submit the AP's to Marvel for inspection.
Then its up to the quality control to inspect for defects.

fossa
08-17-2006, 10:28 AM
they submit a list of characters that they would like to make & Marvel has to approve that list.

Bullseye
08-17-2006, 11:05 AM
As I understand things Bowen gets a licence from Marvel to produce statues for a set period, but all the statues produced in that period are subject to approval by Marvel. I have wondered what Marvel are looking for when the approve a statue

That it doesn't look like one of the toy tractors with a Marvel sticker on it. They give licences for just about everything and yet we are led to believe that Randy gets a hard time on approvals.