PDA

View Full Version : Yanks vs Boston

Daywalker
08-17-2006, 03:26 PM
im really looking forward to this 5 game series - should be one of those classic reg season series with a huge post season feel to it - should be good :buttrock:

devlinboy
08-17-2006, 03:27 PM
this is gonna be great the bars around me are already getting ready for a partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Daywalker
08-17-2006, 03:34 PM
this is gonna be great the bars around me are already getting ready for a partyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
aye my job is going to be pack this weekend :buttrock:

Cage
08-17-2006, 04:31 PM
I'm hoping to finish court business early tomorrow and let my people out to watch the first game of the double header. These two teams should be really sick of each other by game four. :buttrock:

Deadpool
08-17-2006, 04:43 PM
:buttrock: GO YANKS!!!!!! :buttrock:

fossa
08-17-2006, 04:44 PM
ack toooooooie :puke2: :stick: see, yet *ANOTHER* Yankee thread!!!!!!! big whup!!!!!!

:)

'Nuff
08-17-2006, 04:50 PM
im really looking forward to this 5 game series - should be one of those classic reg season series with a huge post season feel to it - should be good :buttrock:
Some things never change...Thank God...

Sniper
08-17-2006, 05:20 PM
okay where is batcollector to show his hatred for the yankees????

'Nuff
08-17-2006, 05:21 PM
He from Boston...?...

Daywalker
08-17-2006, 05:50 PM
well im not exactly a yankee fan either :laugh:

i just htink the series should be good

Sniper
08-17-2006, 05:52 PM
He from Boston...?...
no he loves the braves, maybe they can still catch the mets :laugh: :laugh:

Sniper
08-17-2006, 05:53 PM

what do you know you're only 2 years old, :eplus2:

Daywalker
08-17-2006, 05:57 PM
what do you know you're only 2 years old, :eplus2:
wow :rolleyes2 - does wit dull with age ??

'Nuff
08-17-2006, 07:05 PM

i just htink the series should be good
What is wrong with you...?...I live in Texas and I am a Yankee fan...You live in New York...I'll never understand yankees...Not the team...the people up north...and to the right on the map...

'Nuff
08-17-2006, 07:07 PM
no he loves the braves, maybe they can still catch the mets :laugh: :laugh:
Yeah well...He can keep Jane...I have no use for her or her former husband....

Daywalker
08-17-2006, 07:28 PM
What is wrong with you...?...I live in Texas and I am a Yankee fan...You live in New York...I'll never understand yankees...Not the team...the people up north...and to the right on the map...
to answer ur question with 3 simple words ...

LETS GO METS !!!!!!

'Nuff
08-17-2006, 07:31 PM

LETS GO METS !!!!!!
One word....metropolitans...what kinda name is that...?... :puke2:

Daywalker
08-17-2006, 07:43 PM
One word....metropolitans...what kinda name is that...?...
have u met the general and boonie yet ?? - youll fit right in with the other yankee fans :puke2:

:laugh: :laugh:

'Nuff
08-17-2006, 07:57 PM
have u met the general and boonie yet ?? - youll fit right in with the other yankee fans :puke2:

:laugh: :laugh:
There is something wrong with you...

Relic Reaper
08-17-2006, 09:17 PM
:buttrock: GO SOX!!! :buttrock:

'Nuff
08-17-2006, 09:20 PM
:buttrock: GO SOX!!! :buttrock:
Sox Sux...Just ask The Babe...Well...if he were still alive...

Daywalker
08-17-2006, 09:42 PM
Sox Sux...Just ask The Babe...Well...if he were still alive...
yeah - what he said

'Nuff
08-17-2006, 09:50 PM
yeah - what he said
Ditto...Name me one more player that put up the numbers pitching and hitting that he did...

'Nuff
08-17-2006, 10:05 PM
Ditto...Name me one more player that put up the numbers pitching and hitting that he did...
That's what I thought...No takers...He was the best to ever play "The Game"..

gman
08-17-2006, 10:49 PM
could make or break the season for the Sox...but we got lucky with the Yanks losing today to the Os. Should be fun! :buttrock:

Daywalker
08-17-2006, 11:04 PM
im in complete agreement with u - babe was one of (if not the greatest ) baseball player of all time

Sniper
08-17-2006, 11:27 PM

LETS GO METS !!!!!!
:puke2: :puke2: :puke2: :puke2:

boondocksaint
08-17-2006, 11:32 PM
i look foward to this IMPORTANT series...

yanks take 3 out of 5....

mets suck

daywalker is still ok in my book,,,,

wheres bats and gman to hate on my beloved yankees?

mets wont make the world series

viva la peppy!

OneOne78
08-18-2006, 05:01 PM
One word....metropolitans...what kinda name is that...?... :puke2:
Another hater :stick:

OneOne78
08-18-2006, 05:06 PM
i look foward to this IMPORTANT series...

yanks take 3 out of 2....

mets suck

daywalker is still ok in my book,,,,

wheres bats and gman to hate on my beloved yankees?

mets wont make the world series

viva la peppy!
True the Mets may not make it to the world series but neither will the Yanks with that kind of math. 3 out of 2 :laugh: THE ONLY THING THAT SUCKS IS YOUR MATH! :laugh: Viva La Abacus.

'Nuff
08-18-2006, 05:09 PM
Another hater :stick:
Nah...How could I hate a team that had Casey and Yogi for managers...?...Both former Yankees...I just hate the name....

boondocksaint
08-18-2006, 05:10 PM
True the Mets may not make it to the world series but neither will the Yanks with that kind of math. 3 out of 2 :laugh: THE ONLY THING THAT SUCKS IS YOUR MATH! :laugh: Viva La Abacus.

BAH you know what i meant,,,cant wait to point out all your typos :laugh:

i really believe the yankees have a better shot than the mets..

OneOne78
08-18-2006, 05:14 PM
BAH you know what i meant,,,cant wait to point out all your typos :laugh:

i really believe the yankees have a better shot than the mets..
They do, especially with everyone coming back from the DL but it still makes for a great season. We need to the Dodgers back in Brooklyn. Oh wait we have the Cyclones there....just the same :laugh:

boondocksaint
08-18-2006, 05:16 PM
They do, especially with everyone coming back from the DL but it still makes for a great season. We need to the Dodgers back in Brooklyn. Oh wait we have the Cyclones there....just the same :laugh:

honestly i wouldnt want to play any other team in the world series other than the mets...what a freakin series that would be!!! :buttrock:

'Nuff
08-18-2006, 05:17 PM
I'll go for moving the Dodgers back...How do we go about it...?...I know...YOU buy the team and I'll bribe all the other owners to vote on it...Mebbe the other way around....

boondocksaint
08-18-2006, 08:54 PM
DAMNNNNNNNN wheres GMAN now? 12-4 smacking....

5-1 right now..... hmmmmmm

gman
08-19-2006, 12:13 AM
DAMNNNNNNNN wheres GMAN now? 12-4 smacking....

5-1 right now..... hmmmmmm

right here and game II has gotten very ugly..14-10? is this pre-season football?

boondocksaint
08-19-2006, 12:16 AM
right here and game II has gotten very ugly..14-10? is this pre-season football?

yup ,,,,but pretty soon it will be MO time and lights out boston :eplus2:

Daywalker
08-19-2006, 09:35 AM
well like i said in the begining of this thread - should be a good series and so far its delivered - i couldnt beleive yanks came back in game 2 - boston really sucks

boondocksaint
08-19-2006, 11:09 AM
well like i said in the begining of this thread - should be a good series and so far its delivered - i couldnt beleive yanks came back in game 2 - boston really sucks

yup...theyre right up there with the mets ..lol :eplus2:

what a game though...gotta love the yanks :buttrock:

galactus
08-19-2006, 11:11 AM
Well, I won't make any comments about one team or the other sucking, but the good thing about winning both yesterday is that the Yanks can lose the next 3 and still be in 1st.

boondocksaint
08-19-2006, 11:13 AM
Well, I won't make any comments about one team or the other sucking, but the good thing about winning both yesterday is that the Yanks can lose the next 3 and still be in 1st.

yup!

viva peppy!

bat_collector
08-19-2006, 11:15 AM
Can't wait for yanks to make it to hte postsseason and find a way to lose with that 200 mil plus payroll

and johnny "sellout" damon officially joins the hate list. No wonder he grew that jesus beard in boston, he looks downright stupid cleanshaven.

boondocksaint
08-19-2006, 11:27 AM
Can't wait for yanks to make it to hte postsseason and find a way to lose with that 200 mil plus payroll

and johnny "sellout" damon officially joins the hate list. No wonder he grew that jesus beard in boston, he looks downright stupid cleanshaven.

have you seen his wife? shes HOT!

anyway you need to sit down and figure out why you have such hatred...it isnt healthy bats...let it go...

payroll payroll payroll...

and you better hope the yankees dont win,...because i will remind you every day about the statement you just made :eplus2:

bat_collector
08-19-2006, 11:50 AM
have you seen his wife? shes HOT!

anyway you need to sit down and figure out why you have such hatred...it isnt healthy bats...let it go...

payroll payroll payroll...

and you better hope the yankees dont win,...because i will remind you every day about the statement you just made :eplus2:
I love to hate the yanks. Its healthy. And who cares about his wife, she ain't getting with you boony.

Don't worry, the over-bloated yanks WONT WIN THE SERIES!

and if the ydid, I'll retort, with the highest payroll in baseball by far, they should have. :p

boondocksaint
08-19-2006, 01:22 PM
I love to hate the yanks. Its healthy. And who cares about his wife, she ain't getting with you boony.

and if the ydid, I'll retort, with the highest payroll in baseball by far, they should have. :p

blah blah blah...my point about the wife is youre knocking the mans looks and he has a hot wife($$ doesnt hurt) :laugh:

like i said hating is not healthy...do you even like baseball? :banghead:

Daywalker
08-19-2006, 03:39 PM
now this is ridiculous - why is he a sellout ?? b/c he left boston for a bigger contract -i someone laid 12 million dollars more in front of u im sure u would take it too - so all the sell out comments are just from yankee haters that are jealous of him going to the team they hate - and htis comes form statueforums #1 met fan - a guy cant be called a sellout for taking 12 million more dollars

'Nuff
08-19-2006, 03:58 PM
now this is ridiculous - why is he a sellout ?? b/c he left boston for a bigger contract -i someone laid 12 million dollars more in front of u im sure u would take it too - so all the sell out comments are just from yankee haters that are jealous of him going to the team they hate - and htis comes form statueforums #1 met fan - a guy cant be called a sellout for taking 12 million more dollars
I've been a Yankee fan all of my life...Can't stand the Red Sox...But you throw $12 mil. my way...Yeah buddy..."Yanks suck" would be my new motto...

Daywalker
08-19-2006, 04:04 PM
I've been a Yankee fan all of my life...Can't stand the Red Sox...But you throw $12 mil. my way...Yeah buddy..."Yanks suck" would be my new motto...
exactly - i dont liek either team - prob dislike boston more then teh yanks - but its just ridiculous to call someone a sellout fo rtaking a bigger contract - if thats teh case 99.9% of MLB players are sellouts ( infact the only player i can think of that tuned down bigger contracts to play for a certain team was griffey when he went to cincy - he was offered more by several other teams but he wanted to play in cicny and went for their offer )

it'd be like calling ppl sellouts for buying statues off ebay instead of BD or drod b/c they are cheaper - everyone just goes for the better deal - and there is nothgn wrong with that

Daywalker
08-19-2006, 04:29 PM
wow boston looks like they want to make it to the post season with the way they are getting thier @$$es whooped by the yankees - cant wait for a subway series for the WS :buttrock: :buttrock:

'Nuff
08-19-2006, 06:27 PM
The LLWS games I watched after this game were better...

Sniper
08-19-2006, 07:33 PM

YOu need to understand something it wasnt until recently the BRAVES started to dump salary , they were well beyond the 150 MILLION mark so dont come and try and play that my team doesn't have a high payroll, look at you pathetic braves todaY, theY STINK, THEY CUT SALARY AND HAD NO FARM SYSTEM!!!!!

HATE ALL YOU WANT, TURNER NO LONGER WANTS TO PUMP MONEY INTO THE TEAM, OH WELL MAYBE THE METS CAN MAKE A TRADE FOR ANDREW JONES NEXT YEAR :eplus2:

OneOne78
08-19-2006, 08:37 PM
YOu need to understand something it wasnt until recently the BRAVES started to dump salary , they were well beyond the 150 MILLION mark so dont come and try and play that my team doesn't have a high payroll, look at you pathetic braves todaY, theY STINK, THEY CUT SALARY AND HAD NO FARM SYSTEM!!!!!

HATE ALL YOU WANT, TURNER NO LONGER WANTS TO PUMP MONEY INTO THE TEAM, OH WELL MAYBE THE METS CAN MAKE A TRADE FOR ANDREW JONES NEXT YEAR :eplus2:
We could use a Right Fielder :eplus2:

boondocksaint
08-19-2006, 09:00 PM

hes coming to the yankees and damons moving to left :eplus2: :laugh:

'Nuff
08-19-2006, 09:02 PM
You could use a team...sorry...

OneOne78
08-19-2006, 09:09 PM
You could use a team...sorry...
Yes you are :eplus2:

OneOne78
08-19-2006, 09:11 PM
hes coming to the yankees and damons moving to left :eplus2: :laugh:
It's a better position for him.....given his Bernie Williams type of throwing arms.

'Nuff
08-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Yes you are :eplus2:
Four and a half....

boondocksaint
08-19-2006, 09:14 PM
It's a better position for him.....given his Bernie Williams type of throwing arms.

yeah....who knows...jones would be a great addition :buttrock:

'Nuff
08-19-2006, 09:17 PM
yeah....who knows...jones would be a great addition :buttrock:
"Basketball Jones.."...?...

boondocksaint
08-19-2006, 09:31 PM
PEPPY IS A DIE HARD YANKEE FAN!
viva peppy!

http://i8.tinypic.com/250kppg.jpg

Primal
08-19-2006, 09:46 PM
wow boston looks like they want to make it to the post season with the way they are getting thier @$$es whooped by the yankees :laugh: cant wait for a subway series for the WS :buttrock:
Definitely! :buttrock:
PEPPY IS A DIE HARD YANKEE FAN!
viva peppy!
Peppy should be the Yanks' new batboy! :buttrock:

fossa
08-20-2006, 10:58 AM
:eek: DAMN the Red Sox are getting their a$$es whipped...and in a historic way! No team has ever gone into Fenway and score 12+ runs in 3 straight games like the Yankees have!!

J Storm
08-20-2006, 07:16 PM
It's been awhile since the last Boston Massacre and well it brings a tear to my eye seeing something this beautiful.

Hey Boston remember this: 2 players dont = a team!

PS: Red Sox Suck!

'Nuff
08-20-2006, 07:21 PM
It's been awhile since the last Boston Massacre and well it brings a tear to my eye seeing something this beautiful.

Hey Boston remember this: 2 players dont = a team!

PS: Red Sox Suck!
JD is having a field day...I'm ready for a run at #27...

'Nuff
08-20-2006, 09:29 PM
Rain delay...I know the Red Sux are thanking...God...Odin...Zeus...and especially Thor the God of Thunder for it...They have been humiliated enouigh for one weekend....

Collection King 13
08-20-2006, 09:57 PM
A 5 game sweep would be nuts... but screw both teams...
Lets go Mets!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/Ashe_Darkthorne/66c38748.jpg

Collection King 13
08-20-2006, 10:12 PM
Giambi... 3 run shot!

'Nuff
08-20-2006, 10:13 PM
Giambi... 3 run shot!
I saw that...sweet...

Car50n
08-21-2006, 01:29 AM
the Yankees win, THEEEEEEE YANKEES WIN!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

boondocksaint
08-21-2006, 02:10 AM
wow...the red sox really suck..
so do the mets by the way..

do you think the mets could go into boston and win 4 in a row?
lol..yeah ok...

gman
08-21-2006, 07:38 AM
wow...talk about a boston massacre....ah well. looks like it's the wild card or bust. Of coursethe CHi-sox and Twins will need to start losing! :(

nolilia
08-21-2006, 07:53 AM
wow...talk about a boston massacre....ah well. looks like it's the wild card or bust. Of coursethe CHi-sox and Twins will need to start losing! :(

and it continues..... I thought they will snatch a game last night. When they had a lead i turn off the tv and went to sleep. When I woke up this morning i was like :eek:

Daywalker
08-21-2006, 09:11 AM
wow boston sucks ALOT

yeah if yanks sweep them they are done - they wont even make the wildcard - feels like that curse is coming back

madjazz
08-21-2006, 09:37 AM
Wow! I felt like a little kid last night. The game was still on when I went to bed and the Yanks were losing. I put on the headphones and lay awake to hear what went on. Melky steals 3rd. Jeter drives him in to force extra innings. 2 homers in the 10th! Damn, they don't quit. This was a classic series for the ages.

It will be really hard for the Sox to dig out of this hole. Noone made the Sox sit on the sidelines at the trading deadline. They did that all on their own. Management is just as much a strength of the Yanks as the players are.

boondocksaint
08-21-2006, 04:15 PM
boston who? LOL!!! what a joke!

BOSTON SUX!

5 game sweep baby....

gotta love them yanks!!!!!!!

Daywalker
08-21-2006, 04:17 PM
boston who? LOL!!! what a joke!

BOSTON SUX!

5 game sweep baby....

gotta love them yanks!!!!!!!
yeha man - boston really sucks - this sweep would be what i think eliminates them from the poste season entirerly - way to go boston - screwin' it up like normal

gman
08-21-2006, 04:48 PM
wow..well that was painful. :puke2:

hpefully the sox can rebound and go for the WC but now manny is out with an injury (not too serious i think).

wells pitched a good game too. no hitting. now the team heads west to face anaheim,seattle,oakland....ugh.

might be time to start preppin for the Pats!

'Nuff
08-21-2006, 05:57 PM
wow..well that was painful. :puke2:

hpefully the sox can rebound and go for the WC but now manny is out with an injury (not too serious i think).

wells pitched a good game too. no hitting. now the team heads west to face anaheim,seattle,oakland....ugh.

might be time to start preppin for the Pats!
Same way my Uncle feels...He lives out on the Cape...Sorry 'bout ya both...

'Nuff
08-21-2006, 07:48 PM
Nice story on Foxsports.com about the 1978 Boston Massacre...

JadeGiant
08-21-2006, 08:34 PM
wow, Boston got owned ... embarrassing is you are a Bosox fan

fossa
08-21-2006, 08:40 PM
5 in a row in Boston...never would have thunk it...

OneOne78
08-21-2006, 09:25 PM

lol..yeah ok...Go crawl back into your box :stick: And to answer your question no they can't simply because they don't ever get to play a four game series at Fenway :rolleyes2 You are a true Yankee fan my brother.

"26 WSC" & "_________suck!" Learn a little about the game of baseball and you won't appear to be the typical obnoxious Yankee fan. :laugh: Just for that your buying the first two rounds!

Viva la abacus!

boondocksaint
08-21-2006, 10:32 PM
Go crawl back into your box And to answer your question no they can't simply because they don't ever get to play a four game series at Fenway You are a true Yankee fan my brother.

"26 WSC" & "_________suck!" Learn a little about the game of baseball and you won't appear to be the typical obnoxious Yankee fan. Just for that your buying the first two rounds!

Viva la abacus!

no crawling my team just won 5 in a row against a real team...
clever comment about the 4 games..i was hypothetically speaking... :banghead:
doubting my knowledge of the game ay?
ill take the hits,,,,the "pathetic" mutt fans usually resort to personal attacks because their team sucks :eplus2:
oh and anytime you want to test my "knowledge" of the game, im here... :buttrock:

oh are you going to celebrate the 20 year anniversary of the 86 mets? man that was a long time ago! :laugh:

The General
08-22-2006, 08:42 AM

lol..yeah ok...
Amen. Mets didn't look too good the last time they were in Fenway. Met's are lucky they're in the NL because they would probably miss the playoffs just like the Sawx are. Boston was done before the Boston Massacre remix, this is just icing on the cake. White Sox probably will win the WC and if they slip up look for the Twins to take that WC.

Yes I said it, the Mets wouldn't make the playoffs in the AL. Best case scenario for the Mets in the AL east would be second and that's being extremely generous because it would probably be third place. Only way they would have a chance to make the playoffs is if they put them in the AL West and like I said that would only give them a chance.

Primal
08-22-2006, 08:51 AM
oh are you going to celebrate the 20 year anniversary of the 86 mets? man that was a long time ago! :laugh:
And you were sitting in front of your tv enjoying every single moment of the celebration on Saturday werent you?

Yeah you can hate now but i'll bet back in 86 you had a hard-on for the Mets as much as every other New Yorker. Only difference now is it's not cool to say you're a Met fan. Especially if you're in the Bronx where you'll get shot for wearing the blue & orange. :laugh:

Daywalker
08-22-2006, 09:24 AM
Amen. Mets didn't look too good the last time they were in Fenway. Met's are lucky they're in the NL because they would probably miss the playoffs just like the Sawx are. Boston was done before the Boston Massacre remix, this is just icing on the cake. White Sox probably will win the WC and if they slip up look for the Twins to take that WC.

Yes I said it, the Mets wouldn't make the playoffs in the AL. Best case scenario for the Mets in the AL east would be second and that's being extremely generous because it would probably be third place. Only way they would have a chance to make the playoffs is if they put them in the AL West and like I said that would only give them a chance.
quit ur mets hatin and ur preachin about how good the AL is and sign up for fantasy football already u bastich!

Daywalker
08-22-2006, 09:25 AM
And you were sitting in front of your tv enjoying every single moment of the celebration on Saturday werent you?

Yeah you can hate now but i'll bet back in 86 you had hardon for the Mets as much as every other New Yorker. Only difference now is it's not cool to say you're a Met fan. Especially if you're in the Bronx where you'll get shot for wearing the blue & orange. :laugh:
thank god i got some mets fans in here :buttrock: :buttrock:

i love how the yankee fans preach preach preach - but never mention how this is the first time all season the yankees have had the same record as the mets - up till now the mets record has been better then the yankees

bat_collector
08-22-2006, 10:07 AM
I just wanted to say I hate all Yankees, especially Derek Jeter.

I feel better now.

boondocksaint
08-22-2006, 11:53 AM
"Yeah you can hate now but i'll bet back in 86 you had a hard-on for the Mets as much as every other New Yorker."

dude if you get a hard-on from watching baseball,you need to see a doctor! :eplus2: :laugh:

devlinboy
08-22-2006, 11:59 AM
i just wanted to say....lets go mets

Primal
08-22-2006, 02:19 PM
I just wanted to say I hate all Yankees, especially Derek Jeter.

I feel better now.i just wanted to say....lets go mets2 good men. :eplus2:

boondocksaint
08-22-2006, 02:21 PM
i just wanted to say....lets go mets

where they going? its not to the world series :eplus2:

'Nuff
08-22-2006, 02:44 PM
where they going? its not to the world series :eplus2:
Perhaps they are going to take their ball and go home...

Zurbaran1
08-22-2006, 02:47 PM
The fact that both NY teams are doing great is a win-win situation if you are a New Yorker. I've been a Yankee fan since I was a child and my dad used to take me to Bat Day back when it really was a special day, but I still find myself rooting for the Mets. They've got a great team this year and should we see another subway series they are going to give the Yanks a run for the money. It's not a given by any means that in such a match-up the Yanks will walk away with it.

GO NY!!!!!

bat_collector
08-22-2006, 02:51 PM
The fact that both NY teams are doing great is a win-win situation if you are a New Yorker. I've been a Yankee fan since I was a child and my dad used to take me to Bat Day back when it really was a special day, but I still find myself rooting for the Mets. They've got a great team this year and should we see another subway series they are going to give the Yanks a run for the money. It's not a given by any means that in such a match-up the Yanks will walk away with it.

They had baseball when you were a kid? I thought they hadn't even invented the wheel yet.

Anway, I lived in NY during your last sub-way series and can honestly say I'm glad I never have to live through that hell again in that city.

Primal
08-22-2006, 02:51 PM
I've been a Yankee fan since I was a child That's 1 strike against you Boon. :eplus2: but I still find myself rooting for the Mets.And another. :eplus2:

OneOne78
08-23-2006, 11:17 AM

Well I can debate this one all day but I'll leave it at this "Glad we're not in the AL."

OneOne78
08-23-2006, 11:25 AM

GO NY!!!!!
True! It is a win - win situation for New York but here is no guarantee that either team will be in the Series. The Mets have no starting pitching & the Yanks got smacked around by teams ( ie. K.C.) they should have rolled over. Anything can happen in a short series and don't forget the Yanks starting pitching is also suspect. The names may look great on paper but on the mound thats a different story.

Oh! Congrats on the new stadium. Is this going to be another park with minor league dimensions? I can see it now "THE HOUSE THAT AROD BUILT." :puke2:

The General
08-23-2006, 11:35 AM
Well I can debate this one all day but I'll leave it at this "Glad we're not in the AL."
Theres no debate dude, you should be glad there not in the AL. I know it's debate thats pointless because it will never happen - it was a hypothetical question that ESPN and other Sports writers started asking. Mets are good, I give Met fans that but they're not as good as their record may indicate. Met's haven't looked dominate against the 1 or 2 good teams in the NL. Only chance they had to win it all was if all their pitchers were 100% healthy and Pedro and Glavine look like crap right now. The funniest thing ever was the poll ESPN did asking what place would the Mets come in if they were in the AL East and third place won by a landslide, the guys in the office were heartbroken. It was awesome. Good times... Good times. :eplus2:

Wish I could cheer for the Mets but it's physically impossible for me. They're right up there with the Red Sox for me.

boondocksaint
08-23-2006, 11:38 AM
Oh! Congrats on the new stadium. Is this going to be another park with minor league dimensions? I can see it now "THE HOUSE THAT AROD BUILT." :puke2:

nah it would be the house that JETER built hes the mvp this year! :buttrock:

Zurbaran1
08-23-2006, 11:39 AM
They had baseball when you were a kid? I thought they hadn't even invented the wheel yet.

Do you stay up at night working on your material?

Anway, I lived in NY during your last sub-way series and can honestly say I'm glad I never have to live through that hell again in that city.

We're just glad you don't live in the city anymore.

The General
08-23-2006, 11:46 AM
True! It is a win - win situation for New York but here is no guarantee that either team will be in the Series. The Mets have no starting pitching & the Yanks got smacked around by teams ( ie. K.C.) they should have rolled over. Anything can happen in a short series and don't forget the Yanks starting pitching is also suspect. The names may look great on paper but on the mound thats a different story.

Now your sounding like a real Met fan. We also swept the White Sox, took 3 of 4 from the Mighty Tigers in Detroit and just swept 5 in Fenway. Everyone has bad series and keep in mind the Yankees have played most of the season missing important players not ass clowns like Nady and Floyd. We hung in there with Melky's, Any Phillips, Cairo and other bench and utility guys.

Looking like a so so team against the AL and not so dominate against the only competition in the NL should brings up more questions and concern than the Yankees having a bad series against KC. Met fans should be way more concerned than Yankee fans at this point.

Daywalker
08-23-2006, 11:46 AM
well i have to agree that if the mets pithcers arent back in form by the playoffs teh mets are dead in the water

pedro needs to come off the DL strong ( its a toss up with him - he didnt have a great season but then again he had about 7 starts this season that shoulda been wins - plus pedro steps it up in the post season )

glavine doesnt need surgery so thats a positive - however we gotta see how he preforms with the injury in his last few starts - if it affects his control or his endurance its going to be a huge problem

trachsel is having one of his best years but he also has had a ton of run support this season - hopefully he can stay sharp and not have to really depend on getting a huge lead from teh offense

el duque has been solid - had a bad outting 2 starts ago but bounced back well and he is another guy that steps it up in the post season and knows what its like to be in a big game - so just so long he keeps sharp he should be a reliable SP

maine has been good so far ( with teh exceptin of last nihgt - i feel he is still a great pitcher cuz the runs where all scored off 1 guys bat - and that guy was the best hitter in baseball - so i wouldnt say his wheels fell off last ngiht just yet )

plus bannister and pelfrey are in the wings - granted i dotn have alot of faith in them but they are there in case we need them

plus our bullpen has been amazing all year - they did slip at all even after loosing sanchez so just so long the SP can give them 6 inn the pen is strong

Daywalker
08-23-2006, 11:53 AM
Now your sounding like a real Met fan. We also swept the White Sox, took 3 of 4 from the Mighty Tigers in Detroit and just swept 5 in Fenway. Everyone has bad series and keep in mind the Yankees have played most of the season missing important players not ass clowns like Nady and Floyd. We hung in there with Melky's, Any Phillips, Cairo and other bench and utility guys.

Looking like a so so team against the AL and not so dominate against the only competition in the NL should brings up more questions and concern than the Yankees having a bad series against KC. Met fans should be way more concerned than Yankee fans at this point.
spoken like a true arrogant yankee fan - u keep talking baout how good ur team is - talking about how "dominate" u are against det chi and bos - but teams that good shouldnt get sweep by KC - then u talk about how good u r even after u suffer big losses - having "bench" players come in and do awsome - ok yeha they did - BUT yankees have always had a good farm system and have always had good back ups to bring up after suffereing injuries - not to mention that when they need to fix a problem just go out and buy a new part (lidle abreau) - bragging about having such a dominate team is fine - but why dont u brag about having the biggest payroll too - im sure u give KC 200+ million dollars and there team would be in first place too

why dont u talk about how it took the yanks all season just to catch up to the mets and have the same record?? you keep talking about the mets pitching and the mets OF etc etc - then why have themets had a better record then the yanks all season ??

boondocksaint
08-23-2006, 11:57 AM
why dont u talk about how it took the yanks all season just to catch up to the mets and have the same record?? you keep talking about the mets pitching and the mets OF etc etc - then why have themets had a better record then the yanks all season ??

because theyre in the NL :laugh:

dude the mets payroll isnt to shabby now is it? :peoples:

The General
08-23-2006, 12:03 PM
spoken like a true arrogant yankee fan - u keep talking baout how good ur team is - talking about how "dominate" u are against det chi and bos - but teams that good shouldnt get sweep by KC - then u talk about how good u r even after u suffer big losses - having "bench" players come in and do awsome - ok yeha they did - BUT yankees have always had a good farm system and have always had good back ups to bring up after suffereing injuries - not to mention that when they need to fix a problem just go out and buy a new part (lidle abreau) - bragging about having such a dominate team is fine - but why dont u brag about having the biggest payroll too - im sure u give KC 200+ million dollars and there team would be in first place too

why dont u talk about how it took the yanks all season just to catch up to the mets and have the same record?? you keep talking about the mets pitching and the mets OF etc etc - then why have the mets had a better record then the yanks all season ??
Spoken like a true salty Met fan. With all this hoopla and Met mania we were never separated by more than 5 or 6 games and that was for a week or so, and it was during a hot streak where the Mets probably played the brewers, Pirates and Nationals and the Yankees all banged up playing way tougher teams. We have always been within a couple of games and thats playing with a bunch of bench guys, Unit pitching like crap and in a way tougher division and league. Yankees would have 85 maybe 90 wins if we were in that garbage ass division the Mets are in. You Met fans love bringing up the Royals but those same Royals would probably be a wild card contender in the weak ass NL.

Daywalker
08-23-2006, 12:03 PM

this is exactly what im talking about - b/c there in teh NL - w/e

if ur going to talk abotu how godo ur team is and how amazing they are then the fact that they are in a "tougher" league shouldnt be a factor - if they are so good and dominate then they shoulda had a better record all season despite the so called tougher league - the fact that ur in the AL and mets are in teh NL is just an excuse yankee fans use to defend their "sacred" team when they slip and dont preform to thier 200+ million dollar level

boondocksaint
08-23-2006, 12:07 PM

if ur going to talk abotu how godo ur team is and how amazing they are then the fact that they are in a "tougher" league shouldnt be a factor - if they are so good and dominate then they shoulda had a better record all season despite the so called tougher league - the fact that ur in the AL and mets are in teh NL is just an excuse yankee fans use to defend their "sacred" team when they slip and dont preform to thier 200+ million dollar level

you asked the question so i answered :laugh:

whats the mets payroll? :peoples:

oh and the mets suck...

the reason we didnt have a better record all year is because we had MANY injuries throughout the year and were in a tougher league ofcourse

The General
08-23-2006, 12:09 PM

I know, Met fans are nuts. We have never been seperated by allot of games for a long period of time and for the last month and change we have either had the same or better record. Yankees would have won 160 games this year if they were in the NL and would have clinched that horrible division before all star break.

The General
08-23-2006, 12:18 PM

It's not an excuse it's a valid point, you Met fans are just in denial. The whole thing is that you Met fans are nuts and are acting like you won the last 5 world series and that your so great and you haven't even played a playoff game yet. You crazy bastiches like to think that the Mets are a better team than the Yankees and that the Yankees suck and you guys are wrong on both counts. Of course you have to factor the Yankees playing in a tougher league and the Mets playing in weak ass division and a weaker league. It's a fact, look at the all star games, inter league play - This isn't even a debate dude.

The General
08-23-2006, 12:24 PM
you asked the question so i answered :laugh:

whats the mets payroll? :peoples:

oh and the mets suck...

the reason we didnt have a better record all year is because we had MANY injuries throughout the year and were in a tougher league ofcourse
AND AGAIN, WE WERE ALWAYS RIGHT THERE WITH THEM. I could understand if they were 10 games better than us for the whole first half and we only now caught them. Which is not the flipp'n case. Met fans are just salty that the Yankees are getting healthy and heating up and we've had either the same or better win percentage for over a month now. I also see David Wright mania has cooled down a bit. Thank God we didn't trade Arod for him. :laugh:

boondocksaint
08-23-2006, 12:47 PM
AND AGAIN, WE WERE ALWAYS RIGHT THERE WITH THEM. I could understand if they were 10 games better than us for the whole first half and we only now caught them. Which is not the flipp'n case. Met fans are just salty that the Yankees are getting healthy and heating up and we've had either the same or better win percentage for over a month now. I also see David Wright mania has cooled down a bit. Thank God we didn't trade Arod for him. :laugh:

yeah thank god that trade didnt go through....it was close though :laugh:

OneOne78
08-23-2006, 01:53 PM
Blah! Blah! Blah! Stop beating the NL is weak thing to death. How many time did the yankees make it to the WS when baseball was a one team game. For the first time in a long time the AL East appeared to be a strong divsion. But that's only on paper. The Sox are reverting back to the old days and when was the last time the birds did anything?

Daywalker
08-23-2006, 02:55 PM
I know, Met fans are nuts. We have never been seperated by allot of games for a long period of time and for the last month and change we have either had the same or better record. Yankees would have won 160 games this year if they were in the NL and would have clinched that horrible division before all star break.
a debate is pointless with the crackhead yankee fans on this board - u have excuses for everythign and make retarded ass statements like this

we'll just see whos where in oct

boondocksaint
08-23-2006, 03:04 PM
hey G...mission accomplished...hes calling us crackheads! :laugh: :buttrock:

boondocksaint
08-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Blah! Blah! Blah! Stop beating the NL is weak thing to death. How many time did the yankees make it to the WS when baseball was a one team game. For the first time in a long time the AL East appeared to be a strong divsion. But that's only on paper. The Sox are reverting back to the old days and when was the last time the birds did anything?

not beating it to death its the truth...
look at the AL vs NL record for the year... :banghead:

and you said you know baseball!!!!!! :eplus2: :p

Primal
08-23-2006, 03:09 PM
hey G...mission accomplished...hes calling us crackheads! :laugh: :buttrock:
Yup...that's the ticket line at Yankee Stadium alright. :laugh:

Daywalker
08-23-2006, 03:46 PM
not beating it to death its the truth...
look at the AL vs NL record for the year... :banghead:

and you said you know baseball!!!!!! :eplus2: :p
not beating it to death ? thats all yankee fans know how to do - yankee fans only have a few of the same responses for everyhting

ex.
"yankees have the highest payroll inbaseball but took all season just ot catch up to the mets"
- yankee fan respone - well our division is harder - our players are hurt - and the mets have a big payroll too

"if the yankees are so dominate how did they get swept by KC? and if they are so dominate how come they only have teh same record as the mets after teh season is practically over ? "
- well we beat all these other teams (bos/chi/det) so therefore we r good and and and the AL is so much harder

"well if the yankees are SO much better then the mets the claim that the AL is better then the NL shouldnt matter"
-well our players where hurt

"yes u said that already, mets had injuries too but still had a better record then the yanks all season"
- well ur injuries werent as bad as ours and the NL isnt as good as the AL

"ok u had injuries and thats ur reasoning behind why they didnt have as good of a record all season till now - u claim u had poor pitching and had to call up minor leaguers - but b/c yanks are so awsome thats why we are in first place"
- well yes one of ur aces forgot how to pitch for a while - what did yanks do ? call someone up ? no bought a new arm (lidle) ur outfield got hurt so u call up a minor leaguer - he does well but u know u cant contend with ur lineup in the way it was so whats the solution - buy a new OF (abreau) - now before u say well the mets did it too read this - yes the mets made purchases - however spent way less then the yankees and got more players

"ok well u claimthe yanks are so much better then the mets - and the allstar game and interleauge play shows how much better they are"
-the AS game was close and was won at the very end - coudla went either way - and as far as interleauge play (pay attn yankee fans cuz im talking about the mets here not the whole league) - mets and yanks tied so how does that proove the yanks are better then the mets ? it prooves they are equal

Zurbaran1
08-23-2006, 03:53 PM
You tell em Junior. You got a problem with Capital Letters? :)

'Nuff
08-23-2006, 03:59 PM
If the Yankees sell the seats out of Yankee Stadium when they move...Like the Cardinals did...Will one of you people put up a post...?...Please

Zurbaran1
08-23-2006, 04:01 PM
If the Yankees sell the seats out of Yankee Stadium when they move...Like the Cardinals did...Will one of you people put up a post...?...Please

They probably will but you do realize they are not the original Yankee Stadium seats. When they redid Yankee Stadium 15 years ago (or so) they sold the original seats. I know because my brother-in-law bought a box of 4 of them and they sat in my dad's garage for a long time.

'Nuff
08-23-2006, 04:11 PM
They probably will but you do realize they are not the original Yankee Stadium seats. When they redid Yankee Stadium 15 years ago (or so) they sold the original seats. I know because my brother-in-law bought a box of 4 of them and they sat in my dad's garage for a long time.
Doesn't matter...I am sure the seats from Busch Stadium weren't the originals either...I'd still like to have a pair of them...Thanks for the info tho...

boondocksaint
08-23-2006, 04:14 PM
not beating it to death ? thats all yankee fans know how to do - yankee fans only have a few of the same responses for everyhting

ex.
"yankees have the highest payroll inbaseball but took all season just ot catch up to the mets"
- yankee fan respone - well our division is harder - our players are hurt - and the mets have a big payroll too

"if the yankees are so dominate how did they get swept by KC? and if they are so dominate how come they only have teh same record as the mets after teh season is practically over ? "
- well we beat all these other teams (bos/chi/det) so therefore we r good and and and the AL is so much harder

"well if the yankees are SO much better then the mets the claim that the AL is better then the NL shouldnt matter"

"yes u said that already, mets had injuries too but still had a better record then the yanks all season"

"ok u had injuries and thats ur reasoning behind why they didnt have as good of a record all season till now - u claim u had poor pitching and had to call up minor leaguers - but b/c yanks are so awsome thats why we are in first place"
- well yes one of ur aces forgot how to pitch for a while - what did yanks do ? call someone up ? no bought a new arm (lidle) ur outfield got hurt so u call up a minor leaguer - he does well but u know u cant contend with ur lineup in the way it was so whats the solution - buy a new OF (abreau) - now before u say well the mets did it too read this - yes the mets made purchases - however spent way less then the yankees and got more players

"ok well u claimthe yanks are so much better then the mets - and the allstar game and interleauge play shows how much better they are"
-the AS game was close and was won at the very end - coudla went either way - and as far as interleauge play (pay attn yankee fans cuz im talking about the mets here not the whole league) - mets and yanks tied so how does that proove the yanks are better then the mets ? it prooves they are equal

how much is the mets payroll?

Zurbaran1
08-23-2006, 04:15 PM
Doesn't matter...I am sure the seats from Busch Stadium weren't the originals either...I'd still like to have a pair of them...Thanks for the info tho...

Oh, then you should be cool. I'm pretty sure they will sell the seats. If I hear anything I'll post it.

boondocksaint
08-23-2006, 04:17 PM
how is it that when yankee fans make a point its beating it to death...and all met fans points are valid?
hmmmmm is that ignorance brewing in the air that only your points are valid ones?

Daywalker
08-23-2006, 04:19 PM
You tell em Junior. You got a problem with Capital Letters? :)
yes - they require too much effort :laugh: :laugh:

Daywalker
08-23-2006, 04:21 PM
does he still have em ? does he want to sell them ??

Zurbaran1
08-23-2006, 04:27 PM
does he still have em ? does he want to sell them ??

You know, I really don't know. Now that this has come up I'll have to check. They were in my dad's garage for the longest time. I used to sit in them all the time. But they are not there now. I'll ask him and get back to you. My brother-in-law is a nut with this stuff. And he looks at me funny with my statues.

Daywalker
08-23-2006, 04:47 PM
You know, I really don't know. Now that this has come up I'll have to check. They were in my dad's garage for the longest time. I used to sit in them all the time. But they are not there now. I'll ask him and get back to you. My brother-in-law is a nut with this stuff. And he looks at me funny with my statues.
sweet let me knwo cuz i would def be intrested in them ( or any other memoriblia he might have) :buttrock:

'Nuff
08-23-2006, 05:17 PM
Oh, then you should be cool. I'm pretty sure they will sell the seats. If I hear anything I'll post it.
I'd appreciate it...Thanks

'Nuff
08-23-2006, 05:18 PM
sweet let me knwo cuz i would def be intrested in them ( or any other memoriblia he might have) :buttrock:
Split...?...

The General
08-23-2006, 06:12 PM
a debate is pointless with the crackhead yankee fans on this board - u have excuses for everythign and make retarded ass statements like this

we'll just see whos where in oct
I'm obviously joking around Mutt fan. I've stated facts, not made excuses. Yankee fans state facts, Met fans make excuses.

The General
08-23-2006, 06:15 PM

ex.

Met fans should only be allowed to talk to Red Sox fans because Sawx fans are the only other fans as delusional and salty as Met fans.

Daywalker
08-23-2006, 06:17 PM
yankees suck

boondocksaint
08-23-2006, 06:17 PM
I'm obviously joking around Mutt fan. I've stated facts, not made excuses. Yankee fans state facts, Met fans make excuses.

its amazing isnt it...
only their arguments are valid...
:banghead:

The General
08-23-2006, 06:27 PM
how is it that when yankee fans make a point its beating it to death...and all met fans points are valid?
hmmmmm is that ignorance brewing in the air that only your points are valid ones?
I know. Mets are a good team but they don't impress me. What the Tigers, Twins & Yankees have done impresses me. Only thing I give the Mets is that they consistently beat up on inferior teams. BUT the fact remains that they don't look nearly as dominate against good teams.

Speaking of beating points to death the Mets were never had a waaaay better record than the Yankees they way insaneWalker tries to make it sound. Even at the peak of Mets fever back in the early part of the season and the Yankees were missing Matsui, Jeter & Posada we were only separated by 4 or 5 games. Daywalker and most Mutt fans talk as if they have the Tigers record. Tiger fans can make those statements not Mutt fans.

boondocksaint
08-23-2006, 06:30 PM
I know. Mets are a good team but they don't impress me. What the Tigers, Twins & Yankees impresses me. Only thing I give the Mets is that they consistently beat up on inferior teams. BUT the fact remains that they don't look nearly as dominate against good teams.

Speaking of beating points to death the Mets were never had a waaaay better record than the Yankees they way insaneWalker tries to make it sound. Even at the peak of Mets fever back in the early part of the season and the Yankees were missing Matsui, Jeter & Posada we were only separated by 4 or 5 games. Daywalker and most Mutt fans talk as if they have the Tigers record. Tiger fans can make those statements not Mutt fans.

preach on brother! :buttrock:

'Nuff
08-23-2006, 06:33 PM
yankees suck
When you started this thread you were looking forward to the Yankees kicking ass...Though you stated you were not really a Yankee fan...And now it comes to this...tsk...tsk...tsk...I would love to see a Yankees/Metropolitans Series...But one of them ain't gonna make it...

The General
08-23-2006, 06:36 PM
its amazing isnt it...
only their arguments are valid...
:banghead:
Dude it's pointless to discuss baseball with Mets, Cubs, Brave fan(they only have one fan so I'll just call him by name - bat collector) or Red Sawx fans.

The General is the man with a heart of gold who always calls it down the middle just like Bill Alphonso. :buttrock:

I'm not implying the Yankees are a lock but I like our chances a hell of allot more than the Mets chances. At this point the Yankees look like the favorites to come out of the AL. Will it happen? Who knows. Tigers are going to fold in the playoffs and that's assuming they hold off the White Sox. The White Sox pitching isn't looking too good and they can't out slug a full power Yankee line up. If I'm wrong I want to hear a "valid" argument otherwise.

boondocksaint
08-23-2006, 07:03 PM
When you started this thread you were looking forward to the Yankees kicking ass...Though you stated you were not really a Yankee fan...And now it comes to this...tsk...tsk...tsk...I would love to see a Yankees/Metropolitans Series...But one of them ain't gonna make it...

yup met fans are cooky like that...pay them no mind! :laugh:

Zurbaran1
08-23-2006, 07:12 PM

I called him up and unfortunately he sold the seats. i was surprised when he said he sold them 10 years ago. I am getting old, it didn't seem nearly that long ago that I was sitting on them in the garage. Junior, he has got a ton of stuff mostly signed balls that he all had signed in front of him. He goes all over the place and tracks down players both old and new. He's also got a thing for stadiums. He used to talk to Barry Halper when Barry was alive. Whenever I go out there (they are in Smithtown) I look around because I swear one of these days I am going to find Ted Williams head on one of his shelves.

Nuff, I asked him about the seats from the current Yankee Stadium and according to him they are going to be sold but it won't be done directly to the public. Apparently Steiner Collectibles has made some kind of deal for them. We'll have to see about that.

bat_collector
08-23-2006, 07:21 PM
We're just glad you don't live in the city anymore.
What? A whole lot of class left your city when I left for good. :laugh:

Yanks AND Mets suck in my book; :buttrock:

boondocksaint
08-23-2006, 07:42 PM
What? A whole lot of class left your city when I left for good. :laugh:

Yanks AND Mets suck in my book; :buttrock:

you dont even have a book! :p

Daywalker
08-23-2006, 09:29 PM
lol u havent been aroudn long enough to see my true dilike of the other NY team

boondocksaint
08-23-2006, 09:30 PM
lol u havent been aroudn long enough to see my true dilike of the other NY team

you mean the BETTER ny team :buttrock:

Tony Coca
08-23-2006, 09:33 PM
Hell he cant even read. :laugh:

Zurbaran1
08-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Hell he cant even read. :laugh:

See that! You do have something in common after all. :laugh:

Daywalker
08-24-2006, 09:48 AM
uh-oh somebody hurt their very favorite muscle :eek:

well atleast it give the yankee fans another excuse when they loose :eplus2:

bat_collector
08-24-2006, 11:00 AM
??? that makes no sense.

And can you please get rid of that racist avatar. I'm a mexican and highly offended. :laugh:

Zurbaran1
08-24-2006, 11:08 AM
??? that makes no sense.

And can you please get rid of that racist avatar. I'm a mexican and highly offended. :laugh:

I think it's the other way around. The Mexicans are highly offended that you're one of them.

Daywalker
08-24-2006, 11:13 AM
I think it's the other way around. The Mexicans are highly offended that you're one of them.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: