PDA

View Full Version : anyone else get a broken hawkeye?

hawkeyethearcher
08-17-2006, 04:17 PM
hard hero was lost in the mail but eventually found. now my bowen hawkeye comes with the sword broken off the base. it is in one piece and can be glued back in so i will probably not send it back. ill see if my wife notices a mark. i was going to get another anyhow to get it battle damaged maybe ill use this one. if it drives me crazy tomorrow still i gueese ill send it back.

other than that it is very nice. love the paint job. the pose. very happy to get another hawkeye statue. the feathers on his arrows need to be painted purple as well. plus it is number 66 not 57 that i was hoping for oh well so close but so far. also signed by bowen.

:happybirt :buttrock:

hawkeyethearcher
08-17-2006, 04:25 PM
i have elmers white glue and super glue. should i use one of these or can someone who has done this suggest another adhesive

lord odin
08-17-2006, 04:26 PM
I think you should send it back you paid for a statue not a broken statue.

Tizou
08-17-2006, 04:30 PM
I think you should send it back you paid for a statue not a broken statue.

agreed, Do it when you can !!!!!

on ebay the sellers didn't want to understand that.....

hawkeyethearcher
08-17-2006, 04:43 PM
ill be sending it back. it does bug me knowing this.

i just got to have some fun with my kid though. my 14 year old was looking at it. i had the sword sitting in the base. he actualy touched it and it fell back out. he just stared at me. started telling me it was realy lose and just fell. i yelled at him made him fell real bad and then told him i was just kidding it was already broke. poor kid. now ill have to buy him a new video game or something to make it up to him. that was real mean

Daredevil
08-17-2006, 04:49 PM

i just got to have some fun with my kid though. my 14 year old was looking at it. i had the sword sitting in the base. he actualy touched it and it fell back out. he just stared at me. started telling me it was realy lose and just fell. i yelled at him made him fell real bad and then told him i was just kidding it was already broke. poor kid. now ill have to buy him a new video game or something to make it up to him. that was real mean

This poor kid is going to need therapy later on in life :rolleyes2

fossa
08-17-2006, 04:50 PM

i just got to have some fun with my kid though. my 14 year old was looking at it. i had the sword sitting in the base. he actualy touched it and it fell back out. he just stared at me. started telling me it was realy lose and just fell. i yelled at him made him fell real bad and then told him i was just kidding it was already broke. poor kid. now ill have to buy him a new video game or something to make it up to him. that was real meanhere...this is from your kid :stick: :stick: :stick:

malkii
08-17-2006, 05:07 PM

that is so not right... i would have to really hurt you if you did that to me.. funny though... :laugh:

ABDGUY
08-17-2006, 05:25 PM
Damn I have the package sitting right here...guess I better open it and see what surprise I am in for...

Well Im happy to say it arrived just fine...

BOWEN NUT
08-17-2006, 05:48 PM

Ahh.. I heard the same thing happened with Lyle and Erik Menendez.
Watch were you keep the shotgun.

HalJordanFan
08-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Ahh.. I heard the same thing happened with Lyle and Erik Menendez.
Watch were you keep the shotgun.

LOL!!!!! :laugh:

firestorm
08-17-2006, 07:53 PM
Of ALL the characters to arrive broken, it FIGURES that it just HADDA be yer boy, Hawkeye, huh? WHAT A B!TCH!... send it back and GET A NEW ONE, Hawk...

Alex655321
08-17-2006, 07:57 PM
Of ALL the characters to arrive broken, it FIGURES that it just HADDA be yer boy, Hawkeye, huh? WHAT A B!TCH!... send it back and GET A NEW ONE, Hawk...
I was going to say pretty much the same thing.
Sorry it had to happen to you hawk, you have been waiting for this one for a while now.

TK-421
08-17-2006, 09:06 PM
hard hero was lost in the mail but eventually found. now my bowen hawkeye comes with the sword broken off the base. it is in one piece and can be glued back in so i will probably not send it back. ill see if my wife notices a mark. i was going to get another anyhow to get it battle damaged maybe ill use this one. if it drives me crazy tomorrow still i gueese ill send it back.

other than that it is very nice. love the paint job. the pose. very happy to get another hawkeye statue. the feathers on his arrows need to be painted purple as well. plus it is number 66 not 57 that i was hoping for oh well so close but so far. also signed by bowen.

:happybirt :buttrock:

Man i think the universe is trying to tell you something....it may be time to switch to another favorite character :laugh:

Bowen-Maniac
08-17-2006, 09:40 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Why don't you break off hawkeyes head and put it in bed with your son he can wake up with it :laugh:

fossa
08-17-2006, 09:43 PM
Of ALL the characters to arrive broken, it FIGURES that it just HADDA be yer boy, Hawkeye, huh? WHAT A B!TCH!... send it back and GET A NEW ONE, Hawk...:DJsmile: isn't it ironic, don't you think:DJsmile:

claws181
08-17-2006, 10:13 PM
I'd send it back and get a new one! You paid good money for that and you deserve one that's not broken! BD is really good about swapping out stuff like that. You might even get an AP.

BillyPilgrim
08-17-2006, 11:17 PM

That's exactly the kind of thing my dad used to do.....before the hitting started :confused2

kal-el
08-18-2006, 11:58 AM
I just opened mine and low and behold the sword is indeed broken off how dissappointing. Fortunately I am moving at the end of the month and am unable to display until then anyway so I will just send back and hopefully get a new one in a couple of weeks

ant-man
08-18-2006, 02:52 PM
all this broken sword talk is making me nervous....mine should arrive any day now... :inquisiti

hawkeyethearcher
08-18-2006, 06:19 PM
heard back from BD.

If the sword just popped out of the hole then I'd probably just super glue it back in. If it has snapped off then I'd get you a replacement. If this is not something you are able to/want to fix on your own then please contact me again for instructions to ship back.

good answer in my opinion. the sword does fit without seeing any problems. not paint scuff. it was just the glue that gave out. ill probably just glue and give it a couple of days like i was thinking in the first place.

kal-el
08-18-2006, 06:36 PM
heard back from BD.

If the sword just popped out of the hole then I'd probably just super glue it back in. If it has snapped off then I'd get you a replacement. If this is not something you are able to/want to fix on your own then please contact me again for instructions to ship back.

good answer in my opinion. the sword does fit without seeing any problems. not paint scuff. it was just the glue that gave out. ill probably just glue and give it a couple of days like i was thinking in the first place.

Mine didn't pop out of the hole it was broken off and the tip of the sword was still in the slot. So I sent mine back today and they are replacing it.Thety should have had this seperate anyway like Storm's lightning bolts so this wouldn't have happened.Oh well

Spliff
08-18-2006, 08:19 PM

:laugh: