PDA

View Full Version : Hawkeye's Arrow?

Teague
08-18-2006, 12:25 PM
I got my Hawkeye statue yesterday (really love it), and was just admiring it again this morning when I realized that there was no arrow. I checked the packaging again, and lo and behold, there it was. Can't believe I missed it.

Anyway, my question is: is that one small hole (on his left fist, the one drawn back) the only thing that's supposed to keep Clint's arrow on? Mine keeps slipping off, and hanging precariously by the back tip of the arrow, which I think will eventually just break from the strain, if it's left like that.

Is this going to be another "Thor's wings" issue? Glued or not? Is anyone else having this issue?

rafter
08-18-2006, 01:09 PM
I also had this problem Teague. I just messed around with it until I got it to rest on his other hand.

stormshadow75x
08-18-2006, 07:03 PM
I remember reading a lot of talk about the arrow being on the wrong side of the bow (on the preview pics) ..... Then Randy responded by saying that the bow could be placed on either side.... is this actually the case with this piece?

aka_iky
08-18-2006, 07:26 PM
I remember reading a lot of talk about the arrow being on the wrong side of the bow (on the preview pics) ..... Then Randy responded by saying that the bow could be placed on either side.... is this actually the case with this piece?

The arrow could be placed on either side of the bow, but there is a noticible groove to the right side of the bow where Hawkeye's fingers are.

I just kept fiddling with the arrow until it fit in snugly, but the arrow did hav a slight bow to it.

Teague
08-18-2006, 08:52 PM
I guess I'm just surprised that the arrow isn't pegged at both ends. I don't think that would have been tough to do, and it would have made the arrow a heck of a lot more stable. I guess leaving the peg off near the arrowhead allows you to choose which side the arrow is supposed to be on, but the sculpt seems to suggest that the arrow go on the right side (Hawkeye's right, that is) because of the prominent shelf there.

BillyPilgrim
08-20-2006, 10:34 PM
I guess it could be glued - maybe randy should sell little thigs like this and the wings - maybe submariner's trident - for boobs who lose and break things (like me)