PDA

View Full Version : Hawkeye's arrow is taped to........

hulknthor
08-21-2006, 06:05 PM
his bow because there is no groove to put the front part of the arrow into, right?

Am I mistaken or is this arrow error not previously discussed somewhere. Looks like an opportunity to break it if you dont tape it to bow or his left hand.

Right??

nolilia
08-21-2006, 06:07 PM
his bow because there is no groove to put the front part of the arrow into, right?

Am I mistaken or is this arrow error not previously discussed somewhere. Looks like an opportunity to break it if you dont tape it to bow or his left hand.

Right??

I agree. Im trying to figure out where to stick the arrow on his hands.

We need help.

BobbyW
08-21-2006, 06:11 PM
The arrow is resting on his thumb. Normally, all the discussion about the arrow docked on the left side would be correct, but in this instance, it's not. Randy docked the arrow correctly on the right. Hawkeye has the bow tilted to his left (possibly for some off-angle shot). With the way the bow is tilted, the arrow would correctly be placed on the right side of the bow. Great job Bowen!

Unfortunately, I tried the front foot thing and it can't be done. No kudos there...LOL!!! Still, the statue is great! :buttrock:

BobbyW
08-21-2006, 06:13 PM
I agree. Im trying to figure out where to stick the arrow on his hands.

We need help.
Mine rest perfectly on top of his thumb...not a problem here.

Ink
08-21-2006, 06:35 PM
the arrow on mine fit perfect

Dante
08-21-2006, 06:40 PM
Same here, it fit perfectly. My arrow had a very slight bend to it, so I just rotated it till it fit nice and flush against the bow. :)

sketch515
08-21-2006, 09:09 PM
fine fits great no problems here

stevex2
08-21-2006, 09:24 PM
Mine didn't have an arrow, so it fits for sh#t !!! :banghead:

Batwing
08-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Problem solved!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archery

Hawkeye deserves to be the greatest archer ever! He is versatile in archery with medieval European roots, i.e. arrow nocked on the left of the bow.

Evidenced by the BD statue, he's also adept in Asian archery, where the arrow is resting on the thumb, on the right side of the bow.

According to wikipedia.com:

"Archery was also highly developed in Asia...... The arrow is held at the first joint of the thumb and the string rests on a thumbring (Mongol or Manchu) or a slot at the base of a gauntlet's thumb (Japanese tsuri), so it does not hurt the thumb."

Do I get a Cliff Clavin Award? :laugh:

Doctor Pym
08-22-2006, 01:07 AM
Problem solved!!!

Hawkeye deserves to be the greatest archer ever! He is versatile in archery with medieval European roots, i.e. arrow nocked on the left of the bow.

Evidenced by the BD statue, he's also adept in Asian archery, where the arrow is resting on the thumb, on the right side of the bow.

According to wikipedia.com:

"Archery was also highly developed in Asia...... The arrow is held at the first joint of the thumb and the string rests on a thumbring (Mongol or Manchu) or a slot at the base of a gauntlet's thumb (Japanese tsuri), so it does not hurt the thumb."

Do I get a Cliff Clavin Award? :laugh:
We all know that Clint can "nock up" anybody or anything, no matter which way he's facing or which side of the shaft he uses.

Good to know that that works for Asian thumb-based archery, too. Take a bow.

Darth_Ryan
08-22-2006, 01:10 AM
Really? I never encountered this problem. The arrow on mine fits properly on the hole on his right fist and rests just fine on the other..

nolilia
08-22-2006, 07:35 AM
Really? I never encountered this problem. The arrow on mine fits properly on the hole on his right fist and rests just fine on the other..

Mine is ok but the only thing is the arrow should be held a little tighter to avoid of falling down.

lord odin
08-22-2006, 10:43 AM
Same here.

XSE
08-22-2006, 04:45 PM
Has this statue shipped out from Diamond yet??? My LCS still doesn't have any