PDA

View Full Version : Bowen mini-bust completist no more.....

nbr3bagshotrow
08-23-2006, 04:59 PM
I sold my Sasquatch cube to a member on the forum. Now I don't feel compelled to buy the Wonder-less Man bust. :puke2:

Ish
08-23-2006, 05:04 PM
so that means you're out of the bowen 13 too? lol

malkii
08-23-2006, 05:06 PM
i have been noticing myself getting closer and closer to being a completist, and i have to just stop myself... espically when i am on here reading the post that others write about how great a MB or FS is that they got, makes me want it also... SO I BLAME EVERYONE ON THE FORUM, for my puppy going hungry... :laugh: just kidding... but i really just have to make meself get the ones of the characters that I really like, not everything that comes out... because i really want to buy them all... but i can't and don't...

armitage
08-23-2006, 05:07 PM
What's wrong with the Wonderman bust?
It's definitely not my first choice of costume, but it is a good representation of him none the less.

JavOner
08-23-2006, 05:12 PM
Say it ain't so #3, you not a completist. What's the world coming too :redface: . Man i'm going to be in an exclusive club (completist) buy my self soon.

BobbyW
08-23-2006, 05:37 PM
..and of course, I want to thank nbr3 for selling the bust and I'll thank him more when I get it! It now makes me an official completist. As I told him, I got shafted on one of these before so it's nice to know the seller in this case.

Of course, I do agree with him...the Wonderman bust is one of the worst costume selections! He doesn't even look like a super hero...just an ordinary joe. Unfortuantely, my addiction is still in high gear and I will buy him.

DDura711
08-23-2006, 05:42 PM
Good for you #3. I'm glad it went to someone who's a collector, not just a flipper. You know the funny thing Bobby, I was just talking with The Hobbit this week about that same piece.

kirthew
08-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Say it ain't so #3, you not a completist. What's the world coming too :redface: . Man i'm going to be in an exclusive club (completist) buy my self soon.

Too late... your already in an exclusive club by yourself.

JavOner
08-23-2006, 05:47 PM
Too late... your already in an exclusive club by yourself.

Yeah the anti flipper's or death to all flippers club, that's the one you mean right :laugh:

BobbyW
08-23-2006, 05:56 PM
Good for you #3. I'm glad it went to someone who's a collector, not just a flipper. You know the funny thing Bobby, I was just talking with The Hobbit this week about that same piece.
I'm sorry...I hope you find another one if you're still interested.

Since I haven't been on alot for awhile, I'll probably post pictures of all the stuff I've received as of late next week...to include the Batman!

boondocksaint
08-23-2006, 06:06 PM
Yeah the anti flipper's or death to all flippers club, that's the one you mean right :laugh:

no he means the i buy only bowen and im missing out on all the other cool stuff club..... :eplus2: :p

kal-el
08-23-2006, 06:14 PM
welcome to the club

JavOner
08-23-2006, 06:17 PM
no he means the i buy only bowen and im missing out on all the other cool stuff club..... :eplus2: :p

If other companys made stuff half as good as bowen, maybe i would buy other things :) . Also i'm buying stuff from the two fools :thumbs2: .

boondocksaint
08-23-2006, 06:23 PM
If other companys made stuff half as good as bowen, maybe i would buy other things :) . Also i'm buying stuff from the two fools :thumbs2: .

dude go to the eye doctor! youre vision...is...not good! :eplus2:

boondocksaint
08-23-2006, 06:26 PM
congrats #3..!!!!!

Ish
08-23-2006, 06:32 PM
dude go to the eye doctor! youre vision...is...not good! :eplus2:
is there a doctor for taste?

Colossus
08-23-2006, 06:49 PM
I am missing 3 busts and I am ok with that although I will need to get the ant man bust soon when wasp comes out but I am ok with that as spending 500-700 on a css and 3 bills on a cbs. I say bah I am close to a completist and to be honest I just got the ss iron man statue and I gotta say damn this may take out juggernaut as my favorite piece. But just do what ever makes you happy being a completist or non completists if your collection is what you want who cares about what everyone else thinks.

Jesse321
08-23-2006, 06:52 PM
so that means you're out of the bowen 13 too? lolOnce a member of the 13 always a meber of the 13 ... a lot of us are not completists anymore. :eplus2:

Meteor Man
08-23-2006, 06:58 PM
WOW.......Hobbit......I'm shocked! :eek: No longer a completist. Now, that is news! :)

boondocksaint
08-23-2006, 07:05 PM
I am missing 3 busts and I am ok with that although I will need to get the ant man bust soon when wasp comes out but I am ok with that as spending 500-700 on a css and 3 bills on a cbs. I say bah I am close to a completist and to be honest I just got the ss iron man statue and I gotta say damn this may take out juggernaut as my favorite piece. But just do what ever makes you happy being a completist or non completists if your collection is what you want who cares about what everyone else thinks.

tell javoner about SS....

Sniper
08-23-2006, 07:08 PM
he has converted to the darkside.... :eplus2:

Tattoo-X
08-23-2006, 07:56 PM
I still consider myself a Bowen Marvel Mini Bust Completist, even though I don't have the Cube (better) Base Sasquatch.
Although, #3, Wonder Man might change my mind too.
I wish another version was done, instead of that one.
Also, allocations lately may cause me to just give up all together.

nbr3bagshotrow
08-23-2006, 08:18 PM
so that means you're out of the bowen 13 too? lol
I thought it was the Bowen 12?

Primal
08-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Well whoop-de-doo.http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/indifferent/indifferent0009.gif
Do you want an award now, 3bags? A pat on the back? :laugh:

JR2
08-23-2006, 09:02 PM
I am as close as I'm going to get to being a completist. There is no earthly way I will spend what it'll take to get a Chrome Silver Surfer MB into my collection.

The MB that I'm most likely to pass on isn't Wonder Man (although I would have preferred the green costume). It's the Trimpe version Wendigo. Nice sculpt, horrible rendition of the character when compared to the Byrne version, in my opinion.

Collection King 13
08-23-2006, 11:02 PM
You mean the Hobbit is no longer a completest? :eek:

boondocksaint
08-23-2006, 11:04 PM
You mean the Hobbit is no longer a completest? :eek:

yes hes seen the light! :buttrock:
:p

Collection King 13
08-23-2006, 11:06 PM
yes hes seen the light! :buttrock:
Its about time! :D

C. Bormann
08-23-2006, 11:16 PM
At times it is a fine line to walk. Some products may make us question why we are completists, but financial priorities will determine it for me. I don't feel pressured to continue, I simply enjoy collecting the mini busts.

nbr3bagshotrow
08-23-2006, 11:20 PM
I'm getting the shakes. My vision's blurry. My palms are sweating.

Oh wait.........I think I drank to much...........

imthkman
08-24-2006, 08:42 AM
I still consider myself a Bowen Marvel Mini Bust Completist, even though I don't have the Cube (better) Base Sasquatch.
Although, #3, Wonder Man might change my mind too.
I wish another version was done, instead of that one.
Also, allocations lately may cause me to just give up all together.

I haven't had to worry about that since I've been ordering through comicstatues.com. I've got most of the Marvel MB's. The only ones I'm missing are the first 4 of phase I, and some of the exclusives.

Lay-Z-boy
08-24-2006, 11:03 AM
I sold my Sasquatch cube to a member on the forum. Now I don't feel compelled to buy the Wonder-less Man bust. :puke2:

You never were a completist, you never had both the mid-production changed
scar and scarless ( right eye ) Deathlok mini-busts.

http://www.maquilogistics.com/tmpimg/DeathLock_03.jpg

Alex655321
08-24-2006, 11:50 AM
You never were a completist, you never had both the mid-production changed
scar and scarless ( right eye ) Deathlok mini-busts.

http://www.maquilogistics.com/tmpimg/DeathLock_03.jpg

The deathlok bust is still one of my favorites.
Its cheap too!!!

boondocksaint
08-24-2006, 11:55 AM
The deathlok bust is still one of my favorites.
Its cheap too!!!

same here.. :buttrock:

Jameshowlett
08-24-2006, 03:11 PM
..and of course, I want to thank nbr3 for selling the bust and I'll thank him more when I get it! It now makes me an official completist. As I told him, I got shafted on one of these before so it's nice to know the seller in this case.

Of course, I do agree with him...the Wonderman bust is one of the worst costume selections! He doesn't even look like a super hero...just an ordinary joe. Unfortuantely, my addiction is still in high gear and I will buy him.
Man I agree with you on thta. Except I won't be buying him, he looks very pedestrian IMO.

BobbyW
08-29-2006, 06:58 PM
Once again, thank you nbr3...Sasquatch cubed just came in and I love it! The only bad thing about it is, it means I'm still a completest which means I still have to get the very plain and boring Wonderman. :banghead: I can only hope it is really limited!