PDA

View Full Version : Randy, Cut the Hawkeye Statue at the Waist + Make a BUST!!!

Uncle Jake
08-25-2006, 03:42 AM
I know this idea was tossed around before, even from you, Randy.

After finally seeing the statue up close, I have no doubt now that this would make a great MB.

Just lop him off at the waist and make a QUARRELL style base and presto, finally a decent looking MB of the ole' archer!

Let the debate begin anew!

:buttrock:

Immovable Blob
08-25-2006, 05:51 AM
Don't see it happening, a waste of a good FS IMO. If another Hawkeye is required start anew.

RogueSpideyFan
08-25-2006, 06:42 AM
No way...We need more spidey villians...

Spliff
08-25-2006, 07:50 AM
I'd say we need more Moon Knight villains. ;)

nolilia
08-25-2006, 07:52 AM
waste of time.

Endless Wake
08-25-2006, 08:00 AM
YES, cut down the fs and make a bust!

imthkman
08-25-2006, 09:16 AM
YES, cut down the fs and make a bust!

I agree. It's a quick and easy way to improve upon the original, which is my biggest letdown as a MB.

malkii
08-25-2006, 09:38 AM
i would buy the MB like this... not going to fork out the $$$ for the FS...

bat_collector
08-25-2006, 09:42 AM
at least those aweful legs would be cut out of the statue

to me my board!
08-25-2006, 12:21 PM
depends on the timescale - If BD has enough time I would like a fresh Hawkeye bust, if not the Statue cut at the waist would do nicely.

Either way, we need another Hawkeye bust asap.

Caveman
08-25-2006, 01:04 PM
What's wrong with the oiginal MB? Why is there no love?

to me my board!
08-25-2006, 01:13 PM
What's wrong with the oiginal MB? Why is there no love?

because I don't like looking at cross eyed old men with a crap base. :)

hawkeyethearcher
08-25-2006, 01:16 PM
it does not represent hawkeye in a way that people recognize him. the face is just off. some people do not like that he has arms and they are folded instead of shooting his bow.

i would love a new on. surprised anyone. it should be a new sculpt. hawks has had plenty of cosutumes and my favorite has not even been done yet. 3 statues and a mb and they all have petty much the same outfit on. gimme the one that mockingbird made for him in his mini series. the full bodied black and purple one.

moon_knight1971
08-25-2006, 01:25 PM
i'D GET ONE IF IT WAS MADE...

Jesse321
08-25-2006, 01:40 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing this happen, it would give everyone that wants a new Hawkeye MB the bust they want and only a minimal amoun of time would be needed to produce it, so there's very little likelyhood of any new sculpt being bumped.

Uncle Jake
08-25-2006, 01:47 PM
Randy discussed this a long time ago. I was all for it, but after seeing the statue, I have no doubt that this would rock!

Talk about minimal time being spent!

The guy is already painted.

Just sculpt a new base, like a quarrell or something, and pop the statue on from the waist up.

Makes perfect sense to me and it shouldn't take much, if any, time away from other characters.

Jameshowlett
08-25-2006, 02:20 PM
No way...We need more spidey villians...
MORE? What is there like 5 villians (FS) up at Bowens right now?

Brian R.
08-25-2006, 02:34 PM
waste of time.

Who's time is being wasted exactly? The sculpt is done. There's always an argument about resculpts, and for the most part I agree, but the first Hawkeye bust is by far the worst piece in the entire Bowen line. A lot of people want a new one, and this is tthe easiest way to get one, and it doesn't use up any of Randy's time. I say go for it. :buttrock:

The Fog
08-25-2006, 03:50 PM
Hawkeye bust the worst, guess you don't have the Kraven bust then.
Please don't cut the FS in half to make a bust, the FS is fantastic, take more time and make a new minibust altogether.
Is the first Hawkeye minibust really that awful (I don't think it's that bad, and compared to what?) or is it just a few of the same complainer's who aren't happy with anything?
I can wait for an entirely new minibust of Hawkeye!

lord odin
08-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Hawkeye bust the worst, guess you don't have the Kraven bust then.
Please don't cut the FS in half to make a bust, the FS is fantastic, take more time and make a new minibust altogether.
Is the first Hawkeye minibust really that awful (I don't think it's that bad, and compared to what?) or is it just a few of the same complainer's who aren't happy with anything?I can wait for an entirely new minibust of Hawkeye!
Yes IMO as well as lots of others it`s really is that awful.
And the same complainer`s number in the dozens with more added.

nolilia
08-25-2006, 05:46 PM
Who's time is being wasted exactly? The sculpt is done. There's always an argument about resculpts, and for the most part I agree, but the first Hawkeye bust is by far the worst piece in the entire Bowen line. A lot of people want a new one, and this is tthe easiest way to get one, and it doesn't use up any of Randy's time. I say go for it. :buttrock:

In phase 10 that would be feasible. :mad:

tyler
08-25-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm all for a new Hawkeye bust, but I definitely don't want one that looks EXACTLY the same as the FS (except half the size). So, no thanks on this idea. But by all means Randy, please, please redo the Hawkeye bust.

Collection King 13
08-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Hawkeye SUX!

Brian R.
08-25-2006, 07:43 PM
Hawkeye SUX!

I see you're adding your usual wit and charm to the conversation. :banghead:

Tattoo-X
08-25-2006, 09:27 PM
I'd love to see Hawkeye, Scorpion, and Warlock cut in half for MB. :buttrock:

to me my board!
08-26-2006, 04:54 PM
Hawkeye SUX!

CK13 SUX! (your old news baby...) :)

Uncle Jake
08-28-2006, 02:36 PM
Randy, Oh, Randy???

:confused2

Collection King 13
08-28-2006, 03:12 PM
The Hawkeye FS is just about the same scale as the busts anyway... so it should fit right in...

BillyPilgrim
08-28-2006, 03:41 PM

I'd argue that Kraven is much, much worse

lord odin
08-28-2006, 03:45 PM
:laugh: The Hawkeye FS is just about the same scale as the busts anyway... so it should fit right in...

Collection King 13
08-28-2006, 03:52 PM
I'd argue that Kraven is much, much worse
Sorry but Ghost Rider takes that cake!

Uncle Jake
08-28-2006, 06:30 PM
Sorry but Ghost Rider takes that cake!

I've got Ghost Rider tied with Hawkeye as the worst.

At least with GR you get a flaming head.

If you get Hawkeye's look wrong, than all you have is some lame guy in a purple mask.

As far as I am concerned, no bow, than no bust.

GR is pretty lame though.