PDA

View Full Version : ICEMAN up on BD site

moon_knight1971
08-29-2006, 02:39 PM
WIPs. Go check them out... :)

Jesse321
08-29-2006, 02:40 PM
NOW THIS JUST KICKS ASS!! :eek:

I am SO HAPPY that the Jim Lee influence of the piece looks to have been removed ... THANK GOD! :buttrock:

devlinboy
iceman looks good,......b ut THE GOOOOOONNNNNN LOOKSSS GREEEEAAATTT

hungrydaddy
it looks like it will be very nice, could have the ice coming up from the standard x base which would make it go with the rest.

Teague
08-29-2006, 02:43 PM
Looks good so far. Can anyone do a side-by-side with the old scrapped version? I'm just curious.

phnx75
08-29-2006, 02:51 PM
Man, that is AWESOME. That 2 week silence was so well worth it for these updates.

pmpknface
08-29-2006, 02:56 PM
Great pose!

http://bowendesigns.com/images/pagecontent/Iceman%20St%20prelim1.jpg

http://bowendesigns.com/images/pagecontent/Iceman%20St%20prelim2.jpg

http://bowendesigns.com/images/pagecontent/Iceman%20St%20prelim4.jpg

Nightwinger
08-29-2006, 03:06 PM
Why's everyone all excited 'bout a Silver Surfer statue...... :peoples:

tyler
08-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Are you kidding me with the Iceman sneak? This reminds me of another sneak we caught so long ago: ICEMAN! I'll believe the Iceman statue when I see it painted. This very early sneak only reminds me of other "unapproved" sneaks we've seen -- modern Captain Britain, Black Knight, Hercules -- that have been lost in limbo for years. Hopefully they'll put the green light on Iceman quick and erase memories of other sneaks that have never seen the light of an LCS.

MikeNegin
08-29-2006, 03:18 PM
I'm really looking forward to this one! It looks like it's going to be great!

Now all we need to see is Angel & Beast!!! and if you really want to make a guy happy have how about a Classic Jean Grey?!?!?!

phnx75
08-29-2006, 03:19 PM
Are you kidding me with the Iceman sneak? This reminds me of another sneak we caught so long ago: ICEMAN! I'll believe the Iceman statue when I see it painted. This very early sneak only reminds me of other "unapproved" sneaks we've seen -- modern Captain Britain, Black Knight, Hercules -- that have been lost in limbo for years. Hopefully they'll put the green light on Iceman quick and erase memories of other sneaks that have never seen the light of an LCS.

Yeah but it gives me hope that it isn't sitting at the bottom of Randy's list of things to work on. Now that I've seen a sneak, I would be happy if we didn't see it again until its done.

Kirk Durfey
08-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Iceman looks great! It will be cool to see how they produce this, translucent, clear, or whatever :buttrock:

kaza5555
08-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Nice!!!

RichBamf
08-29-2006, 03:42 PM
Cool so far, but I'll reserve judgement til the sculpt is finished. the base is going to play a huge part in whether or not I buy this statue.

Jesse321
08-29-2006, 03:45 PM
Cool so far, but I'll reserve judgement til the sculpt is finished. the base is going to play a huge part in whether or not I buy this statue.The base looks like it going to have more of a rounded arch to it than the original concept did .. which I think will look 100 times cooler (no pun intended) :D

Teague
08-29-2006, 03:47 PM
The base looks like it going to have more of a rounded arch to it than the original concept did .. which I think will look 100 times cooler (no pun intended) :D

I'd like to compare the two. With my hazy memory, this one looks not much different than the last, though I'm sure that's probably just me not recalling well. Anyone still have the pic of the scrapped piece?

I'm all for a rounded arch on the ice-slide, though!

Virsago
08-29-2006, 03:50 PM
Looks good so far. Can anyone do a side-by-side with the old scrapped version? I'm just curious.
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/3350/icemanstprelim4sr1.jpg

RichBamf
08-29-2006, 03:50 PM
The base looks like it going to have more of a rounded arch to it than the original concept did .. which I think will look 100 times cooler (no pun intended) :D

The change of pose also makes him look like he's going much, much faster! :)

Some characters who've had big bases have been scaled down, hope this isn't the case with iceman.

Jesse321
08-29-2006, 03:54 PM
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/3350/icemanstprelim4sr1.jpg
That's a 500% improvement IMO .. the new piece looks WAY more fluid in it's movement. I would bet that Mark used some photos of speed skaters for a reference, rather than any comic based art reference.

Teague
08-29-2006, 03:59 PM
Thanks, Virsago!

Yeah, I like the way the action is caught in the new version, too, Jesse. Nice point about speed skaters--I bet you're right.

Juggernaut
08-29-2006, 04:00 PM
Very cool.

The new sculpt is much more dynamic.

malkii
08-29-2006, 04:03 PM
hopefully this version will make it, i really really want an iceman FS...

Teague
08-29-2006, 04:05 PM
hopefully this version will make it, i really really want an iceman FS...

You and me both, malkii. It's long past time for the original X-Men to get the FS treatment! Now with Iceman and Beast in the works, we just need an Angel....

Jesse321
08-29-2006, 04:10 PM
You and me both, malkii. It's long past time for the original X-Men to get the FS treatment! Now with Iceman and Beast in the works, we just need an Angel....And a FS Marvel Girl, Havok and Polaris ... all in Neal Adams era costumes!! :stick:

Teague
08-29-2006, 04:14 PM
And a FS Marvel Girl, Havok and Polaris ... all in Neal Adams era costumes!! :stick:

Hey, I'm on board for that!!!! :)

Juggernaut
08-29-2006, 04:24 PM
Fs Marvel Girl, Angel, Havok, Polaris.

I would also like a fs Charles Xavier.

kirthew
08-29-2006, 04:28 PM
I dont like this sculpt.. something about his face... the super closed mouth... But then what do I know.. people ignore me... ;)

Teague
08-29-2006, 04:35 PM
I dont like this sculpt.. something about his face... the super closed mouth... But then what do I know.. people ignore me... ;)

Yeah, he looks too much like the Chameleon, too. :laugh:

Bullseye
08-29-2006, 04:38 PM
This is looking good. I guess this means She Hulk is complete:)

Walrus
08-29-2006, 04:42 PM
Pose looks great. Wow, I'm pumped for this one. Face looks a little weird, but probably just in early stages.

hawkeyethearcher
08-29-2006, 04:44 PM
hey why is there no post 27. it goes from 26 to 28

ilas
08-29-2006, 04:44 PM
Fs Marvel Girl, Angel, Havok, Polaris.

I would also like a fs Charles Xavier.

Wheelchair, hoverchair, or standing?

Alex655321
08-29-2006, 05:00 PM
I really like this :buttrock:
This is a keeper for sure.

Tony Coca
08-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Looks go for the WIP.I still like the original Iceman sneak we had gotten.

RichBamf
08-29-2006, 05:02 PM

I agree about the face, he looks a bit grim, but it's early days yet. Lets hop we can get a smiling Bobby! :)

Jesse321
08-29-2006, 05:05 PM
I agree about the face, he looks a bit grim, but it's early days yet. Lets hop we can get a smiling Bobby! :)The face hasn't even been added in yet.

Tony Coca
I liked this one.I wonder what ever happened to this piece.

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/8694737eff.jpg

kirthew
hey why is there no post 27. it goes from 26 to 28

You a regular laugh riot.. ha ha ha... I love the Sanrio Vader by the way... did you see the Bengal StormTrooper?

Jesse321
08-29-2006, 05:08 PM
I liked this one.I wonder what ever happened to this piece.
I don't know what happened to it, but looking at it now, I can see a bunch of things that seem off about it.

RichBamf
08-29-2006, 05:08 PM
The face hasn't even been added in yet.

I know, but the cheek structure at the moment looks like he'll be grimacing or stoic-faced.

I know it's early days and a lot of changes can happen, but I'm hoping for a smiley Bobby!

Jesse321
08-29-2006, 05:09 PM
I know, but the cheek structure at the moment looks like he'll be grimacing or stoic-faced.

I know it's early days and a lot of changes can happen, but I'm hoping for a smiley Bobby!You and me both .. but the head just looks like it's been added for positioning and placement.

Tony Coca
08-29-2006, 05:11 PM
I don't know what happened to it, but looking at it now, I can see a bunch of things that seem off about it.
What does your eye of agamotto see that I dont of Pimper of Pieces.

Bullseye
08-29-2006, 05:12 PM
I hope mark does not go to realistic with the face on this one.

Jesse321
08-29-2006, 05:20 PM
What does your eye of agamotto see that I dont of Pimper of Pieces.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Jesse321/iceman.jpg

Shoulder blades not shoulder balls .. and they're too low .. deltoid muscles too big.

Forarm too long.

Rear knee joints are off.

Calves are too low.

Lower legs are too long.

The lower portion of the legs (under the calves) are too thick.

Fist is too small.

The pecs are uneven.

The rib cage is too large.

The top of the head is too small.

And the abs look off as well.

Tony Coca
08-29-2006, 05:23 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Jesse321/iceman.jpg

Shoulder blades not shoulder balls .. and they're too low .. deltoid muscles too big.

Forarm too long.

Calves are too low.

Lower legs are too long.

Fist is too small.

The pecs are uneven.

Dont be Hating. :laugh:

Good Eye sir.But it was a WIP.Wasnt the finalized piece.I know the sculptor would have made those changes in the final piece.

Rome
08-29-2006, 05:25 PM

Forarm too long.

Calves are too low.

Lower legs are too long.

Fist is too small.

The pecs are uneven.

with this level of detail analysis it amazes me that the Rhino could ever have been produced. I've wanted to do the same thing with the FS Rhino but stopped for fear or starting yet another controversy.

All I can say though is these "flaws" are masterpieces compared to what wrong with Rhino.
:banghead:

SirConor
08-29-2006, 05:26 PM
Looks go for the WIP.I still like the original Iceman sneak we had gotten.

Me too. No doubt that the new POSE is much more dynamic - its perfect. However, I like the actualy sculpt of the previous Iceman far better at this point. I recognize that this is entirely unfair since this piece isnt NEARLY as far along but I was plenty excited about a Lee Iceman.

Ah well, this looks like a winner too.

Jesse321
08-29-2006, 05:27 PM
Dont be Hating. :laugh: You asked, I answered.

Good Eye sir. But it was a WIP.Wasnt the finalized piece.I know the sculptor would have made those changes in the final piece.you mean now that I mentioned them?

Forgive me for playing detective here .. but since these pictures are obviously further along than the original sneeks posted .. then why were you wondering earlier in the thread "what ever happened to the original sculpt"?? :peoples:

Bullseye
08-29-2006, 05:29 PM
Its unfortunate that Erick was unable or not given the opportunity to complete this piece. I'm sure he would have nailed it just as John Cleary would with Apocalypse. However, Mark now has the task and I am sure the new one will rock no doubt. My only concern with Mark is that he is still adjusting to sculpting comic book characters from the ultra realistic stuff he is better know for "Professor X" being an example of realistic over comic look. I hope the Iceman is more in keeping with the comic book look.

hawkeyethearcher
08-29-2006, 05:29 PM
You a regular laugh riot.. ha ha ha... I love the Sanrio Vader by the way... did you see the Bengal StormTrooper?

saw it on nfl network commercial. loved it

Tony Coca
08-29-2006, 05:36 PM
You asked, I answered.

you mean now that I mentioned them?

Forgive me for playing detective here .. but since these pictures are obviously further along than the original sneeks posted .. then why were you wondering earlier in the thread "what ever happened to the original sculpt"?? :peoples:
No idnt mean the pic.I meant the actual sculpt.Since Mark is doing the Iceman now what happened to the first Iceman.The sculptor get it back.Did Randy Keep it for himself.Is it a new scuplt all together.Thats what I mean by what happened.

Jesse321
08-29-2006, 05:39 PM
No idnt mean the pic.I meant the actual sculpt.Since Mark is doing the Iceman now what happened to the first Iceman.The sculptor get it back.Did Randy Keep it for himself.Is it a new scuplt all together.Thats what I mean by what happened.If I remember correctly, this was an on spec piece ... so I'm guessing that it would have been returned to him if it wasn't used.

ZKULPTOR
08-29-2006, 05:55 PM
Looks go for the WIP.I still like the original Iceman sneak we had gotten.I have No doubt in my mind Mr. Newman will do Iceman justice!!
I think his pose is 500% more dynamic, Iceman is my favorite Xman, only next to Colossus.
I just hope to get one copy in exchange for one of my Beast's.... hint, hint Mr. B!!

lord odin
08-29-2006, 06:00 PM
Looking good.

ZKULPTOR
08-29-2006, 06:06 PM
If I remember correctly, this was an on spec piece ... so I'm guessing that it would have been returned to him if it wasn't used.This was not an on spec piece Jesse.
And with all due respect to your mighty eye of Gondor.... :p
I had a meeting with James Callis yesterday (Battle star gallactica's Baltar)...he had seen a portrait of him in digi pix only...found MANY flaws... once he saw the actual sculpt he approved it on the spot..I believe it's really easy to miss judge a piece by images alone... I have no problem with the fact my sculpt was not used, I did get paid a kill fee for it... at the time (and even to this day), I was going through some personal stuff that proved detrimental to the quality of my piece....luckily I have found my family's support which has allowed me to keep working...I apologize if I let any of you down. then again we all know your affinity for disliking most of my stuff...which I find interesting, but hey!! it's a free country.

Gianco
08-29-2006, 06:08 PM
Looking good so far, canĀ“t wait to see it finished!

risingstar
08-29-2006, 06:08 PM
Now THIS is a statue I'm definitely looking forward to!

Jesse321
08-29-2006, 06:29 PM
then again we all know your affinity for disliking most of my stuff...which I find interesting, but hey!! it's a free country.EXCUSE ME????

Wasn't it me that was furious when your original sculpt of the Scarlet Witch was changed?

What were my thoughts about the Deadpool statue, even though I have no love for the character what so ever?

What were my comments about the Fathom busts you did for Aspen?

Do I or do I not have one of the Psylocke MBs sitting in one of my display cubes, dispite my self-admitted dislike of 99.9% of characters created in the 90's?

I admit that I didn't like the Gladiator MB, you and I spoke about the reasons why, and if I recall correctly, didn't we also write each other about the Iceman piece?

So exactly where do you get off saying that I have an "affinity for not liking most of your stuff?" :peoples:

ZKULPTOR
08-29-2006, 06:35 PM
EXCUSE ME????

Wasn't it me that was furious when your original sculpt of the Scarlet Witch was changed?

What were my thoughts about the Deadpool statue, even though I have no love for the character what so ever?

What were my comments about the Fathom busts you did for Aspen?

Do I or do I not have one of the Psylocke MBs sitting in one of my display cubes, dispite my self-admitted dislike of 99.9% of characters created in the 90's?

I admit that I didn't like the Gladiator MB, you and I spoke about the reasons why, and if I recall correctly, didn't we also write each other about the Iceman piece?

So exactly where do you get off saying that I have an "affinity for not liking most of your stuff?" :peoples:Ok, I am sorry I take it back.... maybe some of my stuff.... didn't know you had some of my stuff...see? we can get along.
And I am sorry about the mighty eye of Gondor thing....I meant all seeing eye.. :p

ZKULPTOR
08-29-2006, 06:36 PM
...Mr. nofun :p

ZKULPTOR
08-29-2006, 06:40 PM
but in any regard you are still a punk!!! so there

rilynil
08-29-2006, 06:41 PM
This looks like something I definitely will get. I love to get a sense of motion in the statues. Way cool!

Jesse321
08-29-2006, 06:41 PM
but in any regard you are still a punk!!! so thereI'M A PIMP YOU SMUCK! :stick: Get it right! :laugh:

farrisvt
08-29-2006, 06:47 PM
Love the action pose. Just like off the page of a comic.

risingstar
08-29-2006, 06:52 PM
...Mr. nofun :p

I can imagine it's quite tough at times to have your work publically criticized if not scrutinized. I bet there are days when only the less positive comments register...

While Jesse may have an eye of Gondor, he generally expresses his opinions in a constructive manner (not that he really needs me to explain himself for him). No one would argue that there are moments when it seems quite obvious that he's off his meds, however, I've never seen him come off like he plays favorites or less-favorites. He's one of the more articulate and passionate fans of the hobby.

Meanwhile Eric, we're very much looking forward to the IceMan sculpture.
I'm glad to hear things have taken a turn for the better in your personal life.

:)

Jesse321
08-29-2006, 07:00 PM
While Jesse may have an eye of Gondor, he generally expresses his opinions in a constructive manner (not that he really needs me to explain himself for him). Admittedly not always .. but I think I've gotten (or at least tried to be) a little better of late.

No one would argue that there are moments when it seems quite obvious that he's off his meds, however, I've never seen him come off like he plays favorites or less-favorites. He's one of the more articulate and passionate fans of the hobby.Damn .. I guess I have to up the Thorazin a bit more. :banghead: :laugh:

ZKULPTOR
08-29-2006, 07:03 PM
I'M A PIMP YOU SMUCK! :stick: Get it right! :laugh:..even the toughest of pimps..gets slapped every now an then by the long arm of the LAW :eplus2:

ZKULPTOR
08-29-2006, 07:05 PM
I can imagine it's quite tough at times to have your work publically criticized if not scrutinized. I bet there are days when only the less positive comments register...

While Jesse may have an eye of Gondor, he generally expresses his opinions in a constructive manner (not that he really needs me to explain himself for him). No one would argue that there are moments when it seems quite obvious that he's off his meds, however, I've never seen him come off like he plays favorites or less-favorites. He's one of the more articulate and passionate fans of the hobby.

Meanwhile Eric, we're very much looking forward to the IceMan sculpture.
I'm glad to hear things have taken a turn for the better in your personal life.

:)thanks star

Teague
08-29-2006, 09:12 PM
I'M A PIMP YOU SMUCK! :stick: Get it right! :laugh:

Is a "smuck" anything like a "schmuck"?

C'mon, man, get your Yiddish right! :laugh:

Ghost
08-29-2006, 09:16 PM
Wow that's looking so much better! First time I've seen it too! I love the chiseled look as well! I hope they make it frosted resin! Great post love the sculpting!

Ish
08-29-2006, 09:25 PM
looks preety good so far.

Vader
08-29-2006, 10:21 PM
Hey Eric,

I have your deadpool and I love it. I think your iceman rocks as well.

mwf6171
08-29-2006, 11:32 PM
Is Bobby Drake left handed????

Jesse321
08-29-2006, 11:39 PM
Is Bobby Drake left handed????Yes he is. :p

mwf6171
08-29-2006, 11:40 PM
Yes he is. :p

Seriously??? Cause for some reason, I was thinking he was........ :confused2

DEAD_MAN
08-30-2006, 03:05 AM
Passing---- I would of rather had bullseye in his place.
But it is an awsome Sculpt.
and it's turning out better than the first.
he looks like he is moving faster.

metalsquid
08-30-2006, 03:46 AM
is it time to start talking about a Firestar FS now?? i want my Amazing Friends dammit! :laugh:

oh, the sneaks look awesome for a WIP btw...

AK84
08-30-2006, 07:23 AM

Forarm too long.

Calves are too low.

Lower legs are too long.

Fist is too small.

The pecs are uneven.

Wow, u're certainly the man when it comes to attention to details.
As much as I like the new pose for iceman (I like this pose more than the previous one), I would rather stick to the previous pose. Reason because in the new pose, iceman is tilted to the side. Imagine how much pressure it would put on his heels. And it certainly need a really big ass base to support that kinda pose. It just give me an uneasy feeling that this statue would trip or break in a few years time.

Bowen-Maniac
08-30-2006, 08:06 AM
Classic pose can't wait to see it completed and in my cabinet.

Jesse321
08-30-2006, 08:28 AM
As much as I like the new pose for iceman (I like this pose more than the previous one), I would rather stick to the previous pose. Reason because in the new pose, iceman is tilted to the side. Imagine how much pressure it would put on his heels.If you look at the new pose closely, you'll see that the statue will be supported at 3 points, not 2 ... the extended hand will obviously be generating Bobby's ice power to create the ice-slide. In so far as "pressure on heels" goes, you might wanna take a good look at statues like the FS Nightcrawler, whose entire body weight is supported by 1 ankle (much less 3 points of support) and the FS Ghost Rider whos body AND motorcycle are supported by nothing but a small steel peg .. not to mention statues like the FS Storm, Sabertooth and Phoenix's as well. I've also got a bunch of DC statues that are supported by way less points of contact.

And it certainly need a really big ass base to support that kinda pose. It just give me an uneasy feeling that this statue would trip or break in a few years time.That all depends on the weight distribution .. Moonknight is pretty big, but the part of the base that actually makes contact with the table top is pretty darn small, as is the Storm and Nightcrawler. In any event, I trust both Randy and Mark to know what they're doing .. and I'm sure that this statue is going to come out great.

Now .. let's talk about getting a FS Angel, Marvel Girl, Havok and Polaris to finish up the classic X-Men line up already! :D

mwf6171
08-30-2006, 08:58 AM

Forarm too long.

Calves are too low.

Lower legs are too long.

Fist is too small.

The pecs are uneven.

Jess, I think the "shoulder balls" you are referring to are actually muscles. That is the area of the Serratus Anterior, which attaches to the scapula. I enjoy your analysis of this statue, do you think you could start doing this on all WIP, I think it could lend to some good discussions about the new pieces. It would be more constructive than, "This sux!" :laugh:

Think about it, maybe Danny could make your own section, or make the thread a sticky and every time we get WIP you could do your thing, I would enjoy seeing what you had to say. However, we all know what you would say about Mr. Maddox's work!!! :rolleyes2 :p

fossa
08-30-2006, 09:20 AM
looks sleek

Jesse321
08-30-2006, 09:45 AM
Think about it, maybe Danny could make your own section, or make the thread a sticky and every time we get WIP you could do your thing, I would enjoy seeing what you had to say. However, we all know what you would say about Mr. Maddox's work!!! :rolleyes2 :pI'm not even going to bother responding to the first portion of your post :stick: .. but I will say this, the day that Jim comes out with a statue or bust that has (what I believe) to be as many faults as the previous Iceman does, you can rest assured that I will point them out just as I did in this situation ... dispite what you might choose to believe, I don't play favorites. :p

bat_collector
08-30-2006, 10:12 AM
I gotta seem more before I make any comments. ITs just too early to tell.

mwf6171
08-30-2006, 11:41 AM
I'm not even going to bother responding to the first portion of your post :stick: .. but I will say this, the day that Jim comes out with a statue or bust that has (what I believe) to be as many faults as the previous Iceman does, you can rest assured that I will point them out just as I did in this situation ... dispite what you might choose to believe, I don't play favorites.

Jess, I was quite serious about the first part of my post, I think you have a great eye for detail and, in the past you have brought up MANY great points about things that need "tweaking."

As for the second part of the post, I was just teasing!! Man, Ernesto has you all sensitive today!!! :laugh: :buttrock:

Jesse321
08-30-2006, 11:45 AM
Jess, I was quite serious about the first part of my post, I think you have a great eye for detail and, in the past you have brought up MANY great points about things that need "tweaking."

As for the second part of the post, I was just teasing!! Man, Ernesto has you all sensitive today!!! :laugh: :buttrock:Hmmm .. "Reviews by the Pimp" ...maybe it could work. :laugh:

Thankfully, Ernesto turned out to be a big dud. :thumbs2:

mwf6171
08-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Hmmm .. "Reviews by the Pimp" ...maybe it could work.

Thankfully, Ernesto turned out to be a big dud.

Men, go figure!!!!
:laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, glad you guys are all relatively safe down there. :thumbs2:

mwf6171
08-30-2006, 11:48 AM
Hmmm .. "Reviews by the Pimp" ...maybe it could work. :laugh:

Thankfully, Ernesto turned out to be a big dud. :thumbs2:

Naw, I like "Pimp slapped" much, much better!!! :laugh:

Jesse321
08-30-2006, 11:50 AM
Naw, I like "Pimp slapped" much, much better!!! :laugh:OOOO .. I like that too! :thumbs2:

HEY DANNY ... how about it? :D

BillyPilgrim
08-30-2006, 01:23 PM
Am I the only guy on the planet who would like to see a Frosty the Ice Man from his earliest appearances?

Sniper
08-30-2006, 01:25 PM
I gotta seem more before I make any comments. ITs just too early to tell.
I wanted the other one that was posted, but I guess the sculptor and bowen had a falling out.

Jesse321
08-30-2006, 01:28 PM
Am I the only guy on the planet who would like to see a Frosty the Ice Man from his earliest appearances?Jsut cover your statue with a few pints of this and you should be all set. :D

http://www.wackypackages.org/realproductsscans/2005/coolwhip.jpg

whd
08-30-2006, 02:24 PM
Jsut cover your statue with a few pints of this and you should be all set. :D

http://www.wackypackages.org/realproductsscans/2005/coolwhip.jpg
I would have thought the Redi-Whip cans might work better. :)

Barbarian
08-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Dynamic pose. I'd love to see a clear version of this one to go with my clear bust. I'd settle for translucent though. :)

phnx75
08-30-2006, 02:47 PM
Dynamic pose. I'd love to see a clear version of this one to go with my clear bust. I'd settle for translucent though. :)

Clear is a must for me. I see them both getting done.

Barbarian
08-30-2006, 02:53 PM
Clear is a must for me. I see them both getting done.
Fingers crossed, brotha. :thumbs2:

Iceman
08-30-2006, 03:00 PM
This Is The Coolest Statue Ever!!!!!!!!

Sniper
08-30-2006, 08:32 PM
the first sculpt was fine, ,makes me wonder what happened to it

Vader
08-30-2006, 09:21 PM
I hope the body detailing is not too rigidly defined (angular). I expect the sculpt should have some level of realism.

Barbarian
08-30-2006, 10:23 PM
This Is The Coolest Statue Ever!!!!!!!!
You would think that way Icy. :wink2:

Immovable Blob
08-31-2006, 01:34 PM
This has serious potential. I look forward to seeing the end result.

Nightwinger
08-31-2006, 11:06 PM
Over a 100 posts.

Huh. Guess it's on it's way to be a GORE thread.....looks like it's closing time....

High Lord Apocalypse
08-31-2006, 11:08 PM
randy will make both versions and looks like lots of us will be getting both versions!!

rychehitman
08-31-2006, 11:31 PM
Over a 100 posts.

Huh. Guess it's on it's way to be a GORE thread.....looks like it's closing time....

Why the hate? :laugh:

Ink
08-31-2006, 11:39 PM
Why the hate? :laugh:

bro, he's done that in about 4 or 5 threads

DDura711
09-01-2006, 12:16 AM

Forarm too long.

Calves are too low.

Lower legs are too long.

Fist is too small.

The pecs are uneven.

You have WAY to much time on your hands.
:laugh:

Force of Nature
09-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Iceman is cool and it would be great to see a beautiful FS of Mr. Bobby Drake in the stores. But what I liked even more on the website of Bowen Designs was the FS statue of Apocalypse!

URL: http://www.bowendesigns.com/page_sub.asp?id=2

Wow, that statue rocks heaven and earth if you ask me! I am still sorry that I missed the Thanos FS but I will do my best to buy one of these Apocalypse statues once they hit the market! :)

Take care,

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!

Walrus
09-04-2006, 11:27 PM
There's gonna be a flood of bowen FS x-men products coming up next year,

Sentinals
Apocalypse
Beast
Iceman
Rogue
Wolverine

Should be fun!