PDA

View Full Version : Stop The Madness!!

BOWEN NUT
08-30-2006, 12:20 PM
Is there such a thing as AA but for statue nuts?

I'm just looking over my outstanding orders and I can't believe all the stuff I'll have coming in...

Today I pick up the Bowen Hawkeye statue from my LCS.

I've pre-ordered the Bowen Red Skull statue

I won a Pre-Sale auction for the Bowen Green Goblin statue (fingers crossed)

I pre-Ordered the Bowen Classic Hulk statue

I pre-Ordered the SideShow Fantastic Four Diorama

and finally, I just pre-Ordered the Hard Hero Iron Man statue!

I'm also undecided on which Iron Fist statue to get! Hard Hero or Bowen??

I'm gonna need to build an addition to the house.

Ink
08-30-2006, 12:22 PM
think that's bad?

I have everything on order, both MB & FS

and some SS stuff

Bullseye
08-30-2006, 12:22 PM
I spend more on customs and shipping.

gman
08-30-2006, 12:23 PM
or get a 2nd (and possibly 3rd) job!!! :rolleyes2

Teague
08-30-2006, 12:24 PM
Enjoy the Madness! :laugh:

JadeGiant
08-30-2006, 12:25 PM
think that's bad?

I have everything on order, both MB & FS

and some SS stuff

and some SS stuff??? that hardly does justice to what you have on order ... you are a madman inkie

Ink
08-30-2006, 12:26 PM
and some SS stuff??? that hardly does justice to what you have on order ... you are a madman inkie

I want that lurtz PF :laugh:

overkill
08-30-2006, 12:44 PM
thats about an average week for me. I have every Bowen item ordered. Every Hard Hero, A huge selection of Hard Hero and for everything I have ordered if theres a variant, im getting that too. It is getting way too ridiculous

Alex655321
08-30-2006, 12:51 PM
thats about an average week for me. I have every Bowen item ordered. Every Hard Hero, A huge selection of Hard Hero and for everything I have ordered if theres a variant, im getting that too. It is getting way too ridiculous
I guess you chose the right handle then :laugh:

Collection King 13
08-30-2006, 12:55 PM
The fix is easy! Just buy what you like!

Jesse321
08-30-2006, 01:00 PM
The fix is easy! Just buy what you like!What happens if you like everything that you buy? :eplus2:

Mastermold
08-30-2006, 01:01 PM

Or just give it all to me. :laugh:

Collection King 13
08-30-2006, 01:03 PM
What happens if you like everything that you buy? :eplus2:
Then your simpley... F**ked! :laugh:

BOWEN NUT
08-30-2006, 01:03 PM

Yeah, but I'm liken what I'm buyin!!

Now I need to decide what Iron Fist I'm gonna get.... Bowen or Hard Hero??

Collection King 13
08-30-2006, 01:04 PM
Or just give it all to me. :laugh:
Thats an option... Whats your shipping address? :eplus2:

Collection King 13
08-30-2006, 01:05 PM
Yeah, but I'm liken what I'm buyin!!

Now I need to decide what Iron Fist I'm gonna get.... Bowen or Hard Hero??
THat depends on if you like Action or Museum... The HH Iron Fist looks amazing in person... and from the pix of the Bowen one it also looks great... so good luck on your decision! :D or may be you could buy both and paint one red! :D

phnx75
What happens if you like everything that you buy? :eplus2:

That's my problem. Before I was just busts, and then I got into FS statues. Now I am getting into commissions (DC busts anyone) and very excited about it to. Darn you Jesse. :laugh:

Jesse321
:banghead: DANG :banghead:

phnx75
08-30-2006, 01:08 PM
THat depends on if you like Action or Museum... The HH Iron Fist looks amazing in person... and from the pix of the Bowen one it also looks great... so good luck on your decision! :D or may be you could buy both and paint one red! :D

Darn have one painted one red. I never thought of that. I do tend to prefer the red costume over green, although I already have the Bowen Red Iron Fist Bust. Decisions, decisions. :)

Nightwinger
08-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Why ask why.

It's either this or cheap hookers with bad tattoos like " Eat at Joe's" on there
lower back.

Enjoy the ride.
If you can afford it,buy it.

Let's just be THANKFULL DC D dosn't put out any desent stuff. Or the amount
the the other companies do. ( If your into that kinda thing.)

Then you would have to stop.

And buy cheap hookers with bad tattoo's like " No dumping. $200 fine" under
her belly button.

phnx75
08-30-2006, 01:21 PM
Why ask why.

It's either this or cheap hookers with bad tattoos like " Eat at Joe's" on there
lower back.

Enjoy the ride.

her belly button.

If DC D got their act together, then my wallet would really be in trouble.

whd
08-30-2006, 02:15 PM
Yeah I am. I already pass up a lot of sculpts that I'd really like to have.

Can you hear the violins? :laugh:

Collection King 13
08-30-2006, 02:18 PM
Yeah I am. I already pass up a lot of sculpts that I'd really like to have.

Can you hear the violins? :laugh:
The band is marching by! :laugh:

pmpknface
08-30-2006, 02:22 PM
Why ask why.

lower back.

Enjoy the ride.

her belly button.
HA! Too funny...

I'm hurting for space even more than my wallet is hurtin'. I'm gonna have to get a new place soon! Now THAT'S an issue! :eek:

Achiever
08-30-2006, 02:25 PM
...buy cheap hookers with bad tattoo's like " No dumping. $200 fine" under
her belly button.
Dude, I'm tryin to eat lunch, here...

phnx75
08-30-2006, 02:29 PM
HA! Too funny...

I'm hurting for space even more than my wallet is hurtin'. I'm gonna have to get a new place soon! Now THAT'S an issue! :eek:

I'm hurting in both areas. Now that I've gone into the FS arena I really need much more space. The Fall and Winter is going to bring a s**t load of busts and statues and I am almost out of room. My first project is to downsize my books and get rid of the bookcase and put in a display case instead. That should carry me for a couple months...then I'm really f****d. :laugh:

Nightwinger
08-30-2006, 02:29 PM
Dude, I'm tryin to eat lunch, here...

A----How would I know that?
B----Why did your mind 'go there'?
C----There HIS cheap hookers with bad tattoos..............
D----See, that's why collecting statues is better. AND nutricous,helps the food stay down.

Nightwinger
08-30-2006, 02:31 PM
.....then I'm really f****d. :laugh:

Use Astro-Glide.

phnx75
08-30-2006, 02:34 PM
Use Astro-Glide.

That's not a bad idea...I do have to figure out where to put all those FS Spidey villains coming out this year.

Although I don't know if I like the thought of a Scorpion and a Rhino going in or out of my a**. :laugh:

SolidLiquidFox
08-30-2006, 02:49 PM
Question: do you guys bury all the boxes these statues come in on your backyards?

Ink
08-30-2006, 02:53 PM
Question: do you guys bury all the boxes these statues come in on your backyards?

I have a big walk in closet downstairs in the basement, a shelf that goes all around the top for the MB's and the FS's go underneath on the floor

I reorganized it the other day & found that I'm really still using only half the room :buttrock:

moon_knight1971
08-30-2006, 02:54 PM
You guys are just SICK. I've gotta pay for 2 houses that hit me up for $5k a month and then there's the cars, electricity, cable, phones, gas and groceries. That said, I have almost everything pre-ordered. :banghead:

phnx75
08-30-2006, 02:54 PM
I used to hold on to the boxes, but I would need a whole seperate house to hold all them. Now I just keep a few of the boxes for the pricey statues, just in case I ever want to unload one (Silver surfer, Dr. Doom, Phoenix).

Alex655321
08-30-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm hurting in both areas. Now that I've gone into the FS arena I really need much more space. The Fall and Winter is going to bring a s**t load of busts and statues and I am almost out of room. My first project is to downsize my books and get rid of the bookcase and put in a display case instead. That should carry me for a couple months...then I'm really f****d. :laugh:
Thats how you should guage how obsessed you are.
When you make a comment about buying another display case to carry you over for a few months :laugh:

phnx75
08-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Thats how you should guage how obsessed you are.
When you make a comment about buying another display case to carry you over for a few months :laugh:

I have no display cases at this point, so all my loose statues/busts would go in there and leave only a little more room for the future.

Alex655321
08-30-2006, 02:58 PM
You guys are just SICK. I've gotta pay for 2 houses that hit me up for $5k a month and then there's the cars, electricity, cable, phones, gas and groceries. That said, I have almost everything pre-ordered. :banghead:
Please don't tell us you had to buy an extra house just for your statues :eek: :laugh:

Nightwinger
08-30-2006, 03:00 PM
I've gotta pay for 2 houses that hit me up for $5k a month and

Dude. you gotta sell more drugs...or guns.....WTF do you do for a living. :laugh:
Sorry. None of my business.....lose a house......and if it's part of a divorce.....
ugh....lose the ex.....literally...... :laugh:

then there's the cars, electricity, cable, phones, gas and

lose the 's' in cars........again,none of my business......smiley face. I think i'm at my limit...

groceries.

Peanut butter and jelly............

Alex655321
08-30-2006, 03:01 PM
I have no display cases at this point, so all my loose statues/busts would go in there and leave only a little more room for the future.
I had the same problem, all my shelf space was gone so I ordered 8 cubes about 2 weeks ago. In the 2 weeks I ordered enough statues to fill all the ones I brought up, now I have to order more cubes :banghead:
Its a good thing I keep telling myself :)

Iacon13
08-30-2006, 03:02 PM
Is there such a thing as AA but for statue nuts?

I'm just looking over my outstanding orders and I can't believe all the stuff I'll have coming in...

Today I pick up the Bowen Hawkeye statue from my LCS.

I've pre-ordered the Bowen Red Skull statue

I won a Pre-Sale auction for the Bowen Green Goblin statue (fingers crossed)

I pre-Ordered the Bowen Classic Hulk statue

I pre-Ordered the SideShow Fantastic Four Diorama

and finally, I just pre-Ordered the Hard Hero Iron Man statue!

I'm also undecided on which Iron Fist statue to get! Hard Hero or Bowen??

I'm gonna need to build an addition to the house.

Again the eternal problem....no room. I just bought 2 large cases from comic store that was closing down and I still don't have enough room.

phnx75
08-30-2006, 03:04 PM
I had the same problem, all my shelf space was gone so I ordered 8 cubes about 2 weeks ago. In the 2 weeks I ordered enough statues to fill all the ones I brought up, now I have to order more cubes :banghead:
Its a good thing I keep telling myself :)

Also having loose statues/busts makes me very fearful...for myself. I'm really clumsy and I already lost a lot my Invisible Girl Bust's fingers.

I was thinking of going the cube route. The busts definitely look great when you have a theme for each cube. Still on the wall. Jesse's collection looks great in them though.

Alex655321
08-30-2006, 03:10 PM
Also having loose statues/busts makes me very fearful...for myself. I'm really clumsy and I already lost a lot my Invisible Girl Bust's fingers.

I was thinking of going the cube route. The busts definitely look great when you have a theme for each cube. Still on the wall. Jesse's collection looks great in them though.
I think it was the best investment. They are reasonable in price but you have to be carefull about shipping though it could get costly. I pretty much buy all FS' and they fit 2 normal size comfortably. Any more and I think it would take away from the statues. When I saw Jesse's, and Claws collection in the cubes I knew that was the route to go.
Easy to put together too if your all thumbs like me :)

Mastermold
08-30-2006, 03:19 PM
I used to hold on to the boxes, but I would need a whole seperate house to hold all them. Now I just keep a few of the boxes for the pricey statues, just in case I ever want to unload one (Silver surfer, Dr. Doom, Phoenix).

I may have to throw out a few boxes at some point -- but I haven't yet.

Bullseye
08-30-2006, 03:21 PM
The curse of the boxes. To keep or throw.

armitage
08-30-2006, 03:23 PM
<embed src=http://actor.loquendo.com/actordemo/ausiliari/waveforms/3008_790404326_213219_1417.wav></embed>

ilas
08-30-2006, 03:30 PM
I spend more on customs and shipping.

Yeah, but you are millionaire :laugh:

ilas
08-30-2006, 03:31 PM
The curse of the boxes. To keep or throw.

Talk about dropping the value. If you ever have to get rid of them, no boxes will hurt.

SolidLiquidFox
08-30-2006, 03:40 PM
I have been dealing with the box issue as of late.

When you are financially secure throwing boxes is an option since you don't really forsee yourself selling your most cherished pieces. A lot of us who are not so lucky have to keep the boxes because either "life happens" or we gotta fund something cooler down the road.

It's crazy sometimes as attics, garages and friend's houses may be filled with boxes you can't store yourself.

phnx75
08-30-2006, 03:41 PM
I think it was the best investment. They are reasonable in price but you have to be carefull about shipping though it could get costly. I pretty much buy all FS' and they fit 2 normal size comfortably. Any more and I think it would take away from the statues. When I saw Jesse's, and Claws collection in the cubes I knew that was the route to go.
Easy to put together too if your all thumbs like me :)

Well I live in Miami so shipping isn't an issue. :)

Alex655321
08-30-2006, 03:47 PM
Forgot to quote the above message, hehe

Problem solved :)

It was friggin' $60 bucks to Fed Ex them to me AND Fed Ex lost one of the boxes :banghead:
I was happy the cube store had great customer service. Once I gave them the Fed Ex case # for the lost package they shipped another to me that day.

cougartrace
08-30-2006, 03:55 PM
I think this is what I've ordered:

Bowen FS Green Goblin
Bowen FS Red Skull
Bowen FS Capt Marvel 70's
Bowen FS Mysterio
Bowen FS Scorpion
Bowen FS Rhino
Bowen FS Hulk
Bowen FS Spiderwoman
Bowen FS Venom
Bowen MB Bishop

SS Cap vs Redskull
SS Iron Man
SS Wolverine
SS FF

HH Iron Man

Talk about Madness!!!!

phnx75
08-30-2006, 03:56 PM
Forgot to quote the above message, hehe

Problem solved :)

It was friggin' $60 bucks to Fed Ex them to me AND Fed Ex lost one of the boxes :banghead:
I was happy the cube store had great customer service. Once I gave them the Fed Ex case # for the lost package they shipped another to me that day.

Ouch. Good to know. Thanks for the info and opinions. :)