PDA

View Full Version : us open mistake

devlinboy
09-01-2006, 02:31 AM
so today i had the chance to go to the us open and see agassi. iturned it down :banghead: :banghead: im pissed, and i dont even like tennis but man i think i may have missed one of the greatest sporting events ever :banghead:

devlinboy
09-01-2006, 02:37 AM
all i know is ill be at the next match

Tetragrammaton
09-01-2006, 12:33 PM
Good lord is Agassi still playing?

devlinboy
09-01-2006, 12:36 PM
yeah he is, thats the part that sucks, if he loses he retires. and hes got a real bad back. but hes still winning. the match last night was 4 hours!!! he beat a 21 yr old who i think was ranked #8 in the world!

they actually had a wave going in the tennis stadium...a WAVE at a TENNIS match lol

SpenK
09-01-2006, 12:49 PM
AGASSI IS THE GREATEST PLAYER EVER........... FROM A PUNK KID TO A LEGEND.............. THE MAN STILL HAS IT :buttrock: :buttrock: ......... HE has always been my FAVORITE TENNIS PLAYER................ Sampras was amazing....... But acted like a MACHINE........COLD............ Agassi on the other hand Has given to The Game EXPRESSION and CREATIVITY.... and above all COOLNESS TO SPARE....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wolverinejedi007
09-02-2006, 04:01 PM
I got tickets for my wife for tonight and we are just about to leave from central NJ.
I hope the rain stops soon or it will be a wasted trip and tickets.

devlinboy
09-02-2006, 04:21 PM
yeah im not gonna head out there i dont think its gonna clear up much

ant-man
09-02-2006, 05:18 PM
...lopks like no tennis today...

always was a Aggassi fan....but...man ...im rootying for him...but reality...is way too much...if he gets thru one more match..i think thats it...his bck is way hurtin...and its only gonna get tougher...but im rootin... :)

Zurbaran1
09-02-2006, 05:32 PM
I got tickets for my wife for tonight and we are just about to leave from central NJ.
I hope the rain stops soon or it will be a wasted trip and tickets.

Good luck, but you may be wasting your time. I just drove by there and it's coming down pretty good.

leks
09-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Just noticed theyre in the deciding set, still going strong, although I by far preferred sampras, the rocknroll kid image was lost on me.

wolverinejedi007
09-02-2006, 09:32 PM
well that was a bust...
We got there and walked toward the tennis center only to find out it was called off.

And what reall kills me is our tickets were not exchangable because they were purchased be a corporation as a season package so we are out $400 smackers and...

my wife is PI$$ED!!!

devlinboy
09-02-2006, 09:33 PM
thats a low blow, i cant believe they dont give rain checks

ant-man
09-03-2006, 09:33 AM
well that was a bust...
We got there and walked toward the tennis center only to find out it was called off.

And what reall kills me is our tickets were not exchangable because they were purchased be a corporation as a season package so we are out $400 smackers and...

my wife is PI$$ED!!!

that really is BS....i would fight that one...u paid for an event...they dont show ...u get refunded (or rain check) total BS!!!

wolverinejedi007
09-03-2006, 02:58 PM
I got the tickets from stubhub.com and they said that I would be getting an e-mail about this sent on tuesday, so we will see.

cap70
09-03-2006, 04:53 PM
AGASSI IS THE GREATEST PLAYER EVER........... FROM A PUNK KID TO A LEGEND.............. THE MAN STILL HAS IT ......... HE has always been my FAVORITE TENNIS PLAYER................ Sampras was amazing....... But acted like a MACHINE........COLD............ Agassi on the other hand Has given to The Game EXPRESSION and CREATIVITY.... and above all COOLNESS TO SPARE....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Agreeed 100% with you, O. As much as Sampras was "technique perfect" and an awesome player, Agassi had something more that just made him kind of a hero player. Charisma, attitude, between many things. I'm a HUGE Andre fan, and I have been watching him playing since he started. Was beautifull watching him playing. VERY sad day today seeing him going away. That brought a tear to my eye. :(
Imagine how hard is for him to stop. Like Jordan, Pele, Ali and many other "super" athletes, I wish he never stop playing.

On the positive side, though, hahahahahahahahaahahaha, Brasil beat'd the crap out of Argentina today in the soccer game, so I'm happy. :D :D :D

Bullseye
09-03-2006, 04:59 PM
Plus he won the GS on all surfaces.

AGASSI IS THE GREATEST PLAYER EVER........... FROM A PUNK KID TO A LEGEND.............. THE MAN STILL HAS IT :buttrock: :buttrock: ......... HE has always been my FAVORITE TENNIS PLAYER................ Sampras was amazing....... But acted like a MACHINE........COLD............ Agassi on the other hand Has given to The Game EXPRESSION and CREATIVITY.... and above all COOLNESS TO SPARE....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nolilia
09-03-2006, 08:23 PM

I agree. Most players won on all 3 GS except for the French open. Agassi did it on the downside of his career. That's amazing.

Justin
09-07-2006, 11:37 PM

Only the 2nd player the win all major's in the modern era, Andre will go down as one of the greats on the court and off the court, I had the privilege of meeting Andre 4 years ago and it was very humbling, he's a fantastic person :buttrock: