PDA

View Full Version : Thor and Iron Fist Comparison Pics Up at BD

patrickwm68
09-01-2006, 10:57 AM
http://www.bowendesigns.com/images/pagecontent/Thor%20size4.jpg Here's the link:

http://www.bowendesigns.com/page_sub.asp?id=2

fossa
09-01-2006, 11:07 AM
i think they are trying to make a point about the size issue recently discussed here.

hawkeyethearcher
09-01-2006, 11:08 AM
bigger than cap. that is great but doesnt this shrinkage thing happen wneh they are mass produced at the factory. hope it doesnt. i am so excited about the thor. cant wait.

batman1180
09-01-2006, 11:08 AM
But were people saying that it was the actual sculpt that was smaller, or was it the factory that was shrinking them?

High Lord Apocalypse
09-01-2006, 11:09 AM
that thor is lot bigger than i thought

Mastermold
09-01-2006, 11:09 AM
Here's the link:

http://www.bowendesigns.com/page_sub.asp?id=2

Yep, that Thor looks perfect. :buttrock:

Archangel
09-01-2006, 11:10 AM
That one image looks like Colossus is about to goose Thor and Thor ain't to happy about it. :)

moon_knight1971
I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed! Hope it stays in that scale..... :)

buchieboy
the factory was shrinking them bats..
just like the original sculpt punisher by Ray V was shorter by almost an inch when mass produced.

hope hulk and thor does not go into this shrinkage process =)

Rome
09-01-2006, 11:12 AM
uuhhh Thor might be a little too big. Though Thor IS bigger and taller than Cap he is not THAT much bigger :laugh: .
He looks like a giant next to Cap,..almost.
THor is also shorter than Colossus who is one of the taller Marvel heroes.
actual measurements are
Cap 6'2
Thor 6'6
Colossus 7'5
and Iron Fist 5'11

so Iron fist is accurate relative to Cap. But Thor is too big. There has been a tendency to demand and make things bigger of late. It's too bad. IMO this detracts from the piece a little bit.
it's still a sweet piece though.

nolilia
09-01-2006, 11:12 AM
The more Im looking at Thor, the more im getting excited about getting the piece. This one will rock. :buttrock:

patrickwm68
09-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Not a big Thor fan but I think I'm gonna get this one.

ant-man
09-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Looks good to me...now about that Iron Fist...get that up soon for order...man that will be sweet!!

ooohh...yeah..and Thor..incredible...cant wait to get this... :buttrock:

Rome
09-01-2006, 11:19 AM
can someone bring the picture with cap here? I'm telling you guys, Thor is too big. I Hope there will be some shrinkage.

ant-man
09-01-2006, 11:22 AM
...nah..it will be fine....relax....Looks good...and Thor is not the same size...he is supposed to be bigger...

speedracer
09-01-2006, 11:29 AM
that thor looks great...=}

The General
09-01-2006, 11:37 AM
I think Thor looks okay next to Cap. He doesn't dwarf him. By the time he ships he'll be shorter than Punisher. :laugh:

pmpknface
09-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Looks great! How much ya think? $195?

The General
09-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Looks great! How much ya think? $195?
Probably. It's going to be anywhere from $185 - $200.

wktf
09-01-2006, 11:59 AM
The size comparison looks perfect! Thor's face still doesn't look right to me, especially in these comparison shots. Too long, drawn and gaunt.

SolidLiquidFox
09-01-2006, 12:16 PM
There has been a tendency to demand and make things bigger of late. It's too bad. IMO this detracts from the piece a little bit.

I agree it seems people demand massive sculpts for the most part. I never understood this preference as space is sure to run out and box storage will eventually be an issue.

Teague
09-01-2006, 12:19 PM
That one image looks like Colossus is about to goose Thor and Thor ain't to happy about it. :)

Must be Ultimate Colossus. :laugh:

speedracer
09-01-2006, 12:20 PM
I prefer a larger sculpt because it shows detail much better and of course feels like it's more bang for you hard earned money..for me theres nothing wrong with a huge hulk, apocalypse, sentinel or thor...it's when wolvie or rouge gets big that i will start getting alarmed..I enjoy the move of BD...=)

Ghost
09-01-2006, 12:24 PM
It really isn't our fault we want bigger pieces AND have the space for them :p

Don't like the size get another Thor from somewhere else...

Devils Drifter
09-01-2006, 12:25 PM
I think the piece looks good. There seems to be something that is a just a wee bit off but not having the artistic eye as some of my fellow members do I can't quite place it. I don't think it's the face, maybe something with the cape.

As far as Size, Thor is a God after all and I'm pretty sure that artist have taken some liberties with regard to his size in the comic-books from time to time.

-DD

Kirk Durfey
09-01-2006, 12:26 PM
This looks great to me :buttrock:
Hopefully there won't be much shrinkage...

speedracer
09-01-2006, 12:26 PM
http://www.bowendesigns.com/images/pagecontent/Thor%20size4.jpg
uuhhh Thor might be a little too big. Though Thor IS bigger and taller than Cap he is not THAT much bigger :laugh: .
actual measurements are
Cap 6'2
Thor 6'6
Colossus 7'5
and Iron Fist 5'11

so Iron fist is accurate relative to Cap. But Thor is too big. There has been a tendency to demand and make things bigger of late. It's too bad. IMO this detracts from the piece a little bit.

In this pic if they were life size (just for convesation)..capt is up to thors eyes or forehead..Looks like it's exactly in scale with your posted heights..=)

Teague
09-01-2006, 12:28 PM
In this pic if they were life size (just for convesation)..capt is up to thors eyes or forehead..Looks like it's exactly in scale with your posted heights..=)

I think Cap and Thor are in scale--it's Colossus that's apparently not. He should be significantly taller. But you can't have everything.

devlinboy
09-01-2006, 12:29 PM
I like the thor but i dont know if i need another thor sculpt. i got the hh one which :buttrock:

Bowen-Maniac
09-01-2006, 12:55 PM
Just perfect to me.

Bowen-Maniac
09-01-2006, 12:56 PM
Must be Ultimate Colossus. :laugh:

:laugh: - but it is not nightcrawler that is pinched.

Stef Jelos
09-01-2006, 12:58 PM
Absolutely perfect!

Alex655321
09-01-2006, 01:00 PM
Absolutely perfect!
I agree and I will surely purchase this as soon as it's available :buttrock:

BobbyW
09-01-2006, 01:00 PM
I think the Thor sculpt is perfect. In comparison to athletes, Thor is more like a chiseled weightlifter where Cap is the gymnast. Both big guys, but the gymnast is more lean and designed for strength with speed and fluid movement, whereas the weight lifter is designed for raw power.

Colossus is designed for both (no doubt due to his sessions in the Danger Room), and if he would learn to stand up straight you would probably see a little more height difference in his favor...at least enough to quell the masses.

Mastermold
09-01-2006, 01:01 PM
Thor's size is perfect as far as I am concerned.

The statue is tremendous.

Yeah my only concern now is how quickly I can own it! :buttrock:

bat_collector
09-01-2006, 01:09 PM
Iron fist looks great! If/when the Red suit comes out I'll order it. HH action pose, Bowen red suit would make a good combo. Still not decided if I should sell my red/green bd busts.

thor, I'm still passing for reasons I've already mentioned. The two Battle armor busts I have from bd and dst are enough for my asgardian collection.

Equinox24
09-01-2006, 01:48 PM
Take Thor's winged helmet off and you'll see he isn't that much taller than cap. He looks correct in size to me. Bottom line, he's supposed to be bigger and he is.

riderV3
09-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Take Thor's winged helmet off and you'll see he isn't that much taller than cap. He looks correct in size to me. Bottom line, he's supposed to be bigger and he is.
Agree!!! That KISSES hat makes him looks taller, but he's actually the right size!! :buttrock:

Gianco
09-01-2006, 03:03 PM
I want to PRE-ORDER!

Vader
09-01-2006, 03:05 PM
Randy, please keep doing the key players. It's amazing to have all the classics done by the man himself.

touche22
09-01-2006, 03:18 PM
I think the new sculpt looks fantastic. Odds are I won't be getting it since I already have the first BD Thor FS and space issues dictate I need to keep some room for 1st time sculpts like....Ms. Marvel :D

phnx75
09-01-2006, 03:29 PM
Thor is the perfect size. It's Colossus whose a bit short. I'm very happy with Thor.

Rome
09-01-2006, 03:30 PM
I prefer a larger sculpt because it shows detail much better and of course feels like it's more bang for you hard earned money..for me theres nothing wrong with a huge hulk, apocalypse, sentinel or thor...it's when wolvie or rouge gets big that i will start getting alarmed..I enjoy the move of BD...=)
You might be right about the bang for the buck thing (though I dont feel that way myself), but then there is also the issue of scale.
IMO it would be a mistake to make characters out of scale.

phnx75
09-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Iron fist looks great! If/when the Red suit comes out I'll order it. HH action pose, Bowen red suit would make a good combo. Still not decided if I should sell my red/green bd busts.

thor, I'm still passing for reasons I've already mentioned. The two Battle armor busts I have from bd and dst are enough for my asgardian collection.

Did Randy ever say that a red version would come out?

Collection King 13
09-01-2006, 03:32 PM
I hope the factory doesnt shrink this one...

Rome
09-01-2006, 03:34 PM
http://www.bowendesigns.com/images/pagecontent/Thor%20size4.jpg

Actually you're right. This pic shows the perfect size difference bet/ Cap and Thor. It's the other pic where they are both facing front that the size difference is too big. The angle of this pic gives the illusion that Thor is smaller. in the other pic Cap's eyes come up to Thor's chest, and that's just too much of a difference IMO.

Rome
09-01-2006, 03:41 PM
I think the Thor sculpt is perfect. In comparison to athletes, Thor is more like a chiseled weightlifter where Cap is the gymnast. Both big guys, but the gymnast is more lean and designed for strength with speed and fluid movement, whereas the weight lifter is designed for raw power.

Colossus is designed for both (no doubt due to his sessions in the Danger Room), and if he would learn to stand up straight you would probably see a little more height difference in his favor...at least enough to quell the masses.

Well Cap is a pretty big guy himself. not quite a gymnast, more like a chiseled quarterback or something. so he is a big guy compared to the likes of Spider-man, Iron Fist, DD, etc. who are lean and muscular. I agree that Thor is much bigger than Cap,..but all I'm saying is that he doesn't dwarf him as the frontal pic seems to indicate.
I see Thor like Karl Malone compared to Koby Bryant, rather than Shak next to koby.
keep in mind that in the frontal pic Thor is a bit lower than cap which makes him a little bigger still.
but before I get into trouble here guys. please remember I'm not making a big deal of this. It's still a great piece IMO. I'm just saying that according to MU guidelines, and depiction of the character in the comics, this Thor is technically too big.

Thor has never been portrayed as being that much bigger than Cap. (Single panel mistakes from bad artists not counting )
I'm not hating,..just saying. :buttrock:

Rome
09-01-2006, 04:10 PM
why can't I upload pictures anymore?

rychehitman
09-01-2006, 04:12 PM
i think they are trying to make a point about the size issue recently discussed here.

agreed. which I think is very nice.

ANOTHER example of Bowenlistening to the concerns of the public, and reacting!

Take that all you bashers! :laugh:

rychehitman
09-01-2006, 04:13 PM
I hope the factory doesnt shrink this one...

agreed!

The problem does not come from the sculpt, or the prototype piece....

the MASS production is where we have to hold our breaths! If it shrinks, we are screwed! :banghead:

Bullseye
09-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Thor looks great but should his cape be so far off his shoulder. For me the size looks great.

'Nuff
09-01-2006, 04:22 PM
agreed. which I think is very nice.

ANOTHER example of Bowenlistening to the concerns of the public, and reacting!

Take that all you bashers! :laugh:
I agree widya...I can't see anything wrong with this Thor...Will probably buy him for my Brother...He's the big Thor fan in the family...

Crom
09-01-2006, 04:45 PM
Perhaps not the best reference material, but here is a front-facing shot of the Avengers done by George Perez. All the characters appear to be standing on the same level, as you can see by where Thor's hammer is in front of Scarlet Witch. It appears Perez feels that Thor is about half a head taller than Cap.

http://www.dynamicforces.com/images/avengerssupreme.jpg

Heck, even Iron Man is taller than him here.

Rome
09-01-2006, 04:59 PM
Perhaps not the best reference material, but here is a front-facing shot of the Avengers done by George Perez. All the characters appear to be standing on the same level, as you can see by where Thor's hammer is in front of Scarlet Witch. It appears Perez feels that Thor is about half a head taller than Cap.

http://www.dynamicforces.com/images/avengerssupreme.jpg

Heck, even Iron Man is taller than him here.

nice pic Crom but it kind of goes to prove my point. It's too bad I can't upload pics on here. in the Bowen statue frontal pic it clearly shows that the Top of Cap's head comes up to the bottom of Thor's chin (I traced a straight line). IOW, by the Perez drawing standard Cap would be just about where Wanda is in comparison.
I also did another manip where I increased Cap's size to where he should be and it is pretty much what you see in the Perez pic. Cap's head comes up to his nose. Now this may seem a small difference but when the height also reduces the overall size of the body it makes a much bigger difference. Not ony does Cap become shorter, he also becomes significantly smaller. it's almost the difference between Cap's size as opposed to Wanda in Perez's drawing. It think we would all agree Cap is much bigger than her. In Perez's drawing if wanda was a man, especially a big man,. that would make Thor a giant. A huge man,..a la Colossus.

The fact that I'm responding to this isn't me trying to make a big deal of this or me saying I won't get the statue or anything like that. I'm answering only from an accuracy POV.

Bullseye
09-01-2006, 05:01 PM
Rome you need to load pictures from a web based site like: www.photobucket.com

Crom
09-01-2006, 05:04 PM
nice pic Crom but it kind of goes to prove my point. It's too bad I can't upload pics on here. in the Bowen statue frontal pic it clearly shows that the Top of Cap's head comes up to the bottom of Thor's chin (I traced a straight line). IOW, by the Perez drawing standard Cap would be just about where Wanda is in comparison.
I also did another manip where I increased Cap's size to where he should be and it is pretty much what you see in the Perez pic. Cap's head comes up to his nose. Now this may seem a small difference but when the height also reduces the overall size of the body it makes a much bigger difference. Not ony does Cap become shorter, he also becomes significantly smaller. it's almost the difference between Cap's size as opposed to Wanda in Perez's drawing. It think we would all agree Cap is much bigger than her.

The fact that I'm responding to this isn't me trying to make a big deal of this or me saying I won't get the statue or anything like that. I'm answering only from an accuracy POV.

If the normal shrinkage that happens in production happens correctly, that might reduce (pun intended) some of the height difference issues. Maybe not completely, but within reason. I can't imagine we will see the same kind of reduction that happened to The Punisher. That seemed extreme.

I guess this is is the difference you get between fully sculpted work and the pieces created with technology included. Does Gentle Giant ever seem to have this problem?

Rome
09-01-2006, 05:07 PM
Rome you need to load pictures from a web based site like: www.photobucket.com
thanks bulls will try.

Rome
09-01-2006, 05:13 PM
It's taking forever to load. I put in the url in the browse section and it is loading. '
here is the link to the photobucket where I uploaded the pics. perhaps you can help me load these.
http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m207/rome_011/?sc=1&multi=1&addtype=local&media=image

Bullseye
09-01-2006, 05:16 PM
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/statueforum/THOR1.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/statueforum/thor.jpg

Rome
09-01-2006, 05:22 PM
Thanks Bulls,.. I wish the first pic was bigger but the first one represents what I think the size difference SHOULD be. the second on show just where the height difference is.
the fact that the second pic is bigger kind of creates the illusion that Cap is bigger in that one. Oh well I hope you guys can still see what I mean.

Crom
09-01-2006, 05:26 PM
While it can't explain away all the height differences in those pics, I wonder how much Thor's cape affects the persepective of the two pieces when layed flat? It could push him a little forward in the pic.

Rome
09-01-2006, 05:28 PM
Bulls,. one more favor if you please. Can you upload the latest pic I just did called Thor and Cap comparison?
this shows a side by side comparison between what is and what I think should be.
thanks. :buttrock:

Bullseye
09-01-2006, 05:31 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e130/rjbreslin/ThoandCapcomparison.jpg

Rome
09-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Thanks Bulls you're a gentleman.
Well this is my opinion,..you guys may feel free to agree or disagree.
for me, I hope that their will be some shrinkage so that the size difference is closer to the second pic.
and for those of you who may not see much of a difference, compare the difference in size bet/ the first and second captain America

Tony Coca
09-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Hey dont worry.Once it goes to the new factory,Thor will be 2 inches taller then MJ. :eplus2:

Rome
09-01-2006, 05:36 PM
on another note,..how anyone could not LOVE this piece is truly beyond me.

Bullseye
09-01-2006, 05:38 PM
I can see what you saying Rome. It doesn't bother me enough not to buy it as i think its the best Thor to date. I just love the pose but the thing which kind of bugs me is the cape off the shoulder. On the side view it looks a fair bit off. I understand its been caught by a gust of wind but still.

wktf
09-01-2006, 06:01 PM
If you look at the classic John Buscema Thor drawings (note my avatar which is faithful to Silver Surfer #4) you'll see his cape is far off his shoulders. Same with Kirby's Thor.

loricstone
09-01-2006, 06:05 PM
actual measurements are
Cap 6'2
Thor 6'6
Colossus 7'5
and Iron Fist 5'11

Uuuhhhh, Thor looks fine to me. He is not dwarfing Cap in height. In fact, the Colossus is out of scale as he should be taller than Thanos and the new Hulk. Thor is fine, its Colossus that needs to be rectified.

speedracer
09-01-2006, 06:22 PM
Sorry rome..I never saw that pic you put up with the thor lying down beside capt..but if i can display them like the first one and have the illusion of making thor seem smaller..I really wouldn't mind the size..better thor slightly bigger..than smaller than capt..that would really be a deal breaker for me..=)

Achiever
09-01-2006, 06:27 PM
I don't see any size issues on this sucka. Once it's mass produced and shrunk a little, it'll be perfect.

I don't even LIKE Thor and I'm thinking about getting this piece. Dammit. I hate you Randy. :)

Rome
09-01-2006, 06:34 PM
I don't see any size issues on this sucka. Once it's mass produced and shrunk a little, it'll be perfect.

I don't even LIKE Thor and I'm thinking about getting this piece. Dammit. I hate you Randy. :)

:laugh: :laugh: that kinda means it's not perfect now though. so there is a size issue then....it's just that you think it will be rectified.
hey I hope so too.

Tony Coca
09-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Uuuhhhh, Thor looks fine to me. He is not dwarfing Cap in height. In fact, the Colossus is out of scale as he should be taller than Thanos and the new Hulk. Thor is fine, its Colossus that needs to be rectified.

No its Thanos and the New Hulk that need to be fixed.oh and just think Apocalypse is supposed to be bigger then Thanos.Talking about not following height scale.

Mastermold
09-01-2006, 06:50 PM
Seeing that Cap next to Thor and Iron Fist shows (to me at least) how much he's in need of an updated sculpt. Maybe it's the fresh paint on the new sculpts but they just look more alive.

Mastermold
09-01-2006, 06:51 PM
No its Thanos and the New Hulk that need to be fixed.oh and just think Apocalypse is supposed to be bigger then Thanos.Talking about not following height scale.

Well, actually according to the new handbook the savage Hulk's "official" height is up to 8 feet now so he should be taller than Colossus.

GerryT
09-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Heres how John Byrne portrayed the size difference between Thor and Cap

http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=byrne1re5.jpg

Mastermold
09-01-2006, 07:21 PM

Looks about right.

Strontium Dog
09-01-2006, 07:29 PM
I really like that Thor. When is he due out?

Bullseye
09-01-2006, 07:34 PM
I would say nearly to middle of next year SD.

Strontium Dog
09-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Cheers Bulls :thumbs2:

Mastermold
09-01-2006, 08:18 PM
I would say nearly to middle of next year SD.

Such a long time to wait . . . I hate to wait!

Mastermold
09-01-2006, 08:34 PM
I've gone through this whole thread, and I have to say that I'm still of the mind that the size of the new Thor is just fine. I hope that no shrinkage takes place.

I'm sure Randy's well aware of the problem now and has taken corrective steps.

CaptCracker
09-01-2006, 08:35 PM
Pass.....just dont like it
In the second pair of pics how is the hammer strap around his wrist in one pic and not in the other? Detachable hand maybe?

Rome
09-01-2006, 08:41 PM

Yup that's about right alright.
I can go on record to say that Thor Has NEVER been portrayed as being as t big or tall as the statue depcits. (once again single panel mistakes not counting).
but if some people like that size than that's great.
It just doesn't change it from being wrong.

Rome
09-01-2006, 08:46 PM
I've gone through this whole thread, and I have to say that I'm still of the mind that the size of the new Thor is just fine. I hope that no shrinkage takes place.
Dana I must admit to being surprised by this response. I'm not sure what you're saying here. Are you implying that
A) Thor is portrayed as being that much taller than Cap in the comics.
B) That Thor has been portrayed in the comics as being that big often enough to count? or
c) that you like this new size and therefore see no problem with it (even though he isn't portrayed as being that big in the comics)?
D)That the Marvel specs are wrong?
E) that the marvel specs are right and the statues accurately depict the height difference bet a 6'6 guy and a 6'2 guy?

do you have any pics yourself you can show us?

galactus
09-01-2006, 08:49 PM
IF, Cap and Colossus all seem to be in scale to one another. The Thor piece is too tall (if you're sticking to the Marvel heights as listed above).

Danno
09-01-2006, 09:37 PM
I like this as is and I hope it doesn't change. I think is a really nice and iconic Thor sculpt.

'Nuff
09-01-2006, 09:45 PM
You people are way too into the semantics of this crap...Just enjoy the sculpts....

Tony Coca
09-01-2006, 10:48 PM
I just have one question about Thor.Will his wings be removable because the way they stand they are bound to be broken in delivery.

StatueItis
09-01-2006, 11:05 PM
I like this as is and I hope it doesn't change. I think is a really nice and iconic Thor sculpt.

I agree it is good without any changes. Only thing I am hoping for is a top-notch paint job from the factory.

nolilia
09-01-2006, 11:20 PM

That's the way I look at it too.

wktf
09-02-2006, 12:05 AM
I think the size of the Thor sculpt is just perfect. He may be bigger than portrayed in the comics but, as with Dana, I feel that his being the most powerful of Norse gods (save Odin) means he should be large.

Rome
09-02-2006, 12:19 AM
Rome -

I have seen some artists draw Thor in an untypical overly large fashion on occasion. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I like the notion of Thor being bigger due to his being a Norse god.

I took another look at that pic in which you enlarged Captain America. That pic underlines the issue of scale that is brought up from time to time. If you stand a bunch of Bowen Designs statues next to one another, it's evident that the scale can be off at times. I can't speak for RB, but I bet that sometimes those that are in the same scale don't come out as evenly proportioned as he plans due to manufacturing issues.

It may come down to the varying degrees of perfection that fans want. I'm more than thrilled simply due to the fact that there is going to be a new Thor FS. And I'm always satisfied beyond my expectations with those Bowen Designs pieces that I purchase. As long as the pieces are in scale with one another to a decent degree I'm happy. You have a very keen and discriminating eye, and some of your concerns are things that I wouldn't let bother me. But it's good that you can voice your opinions and get solid feedback from a variety of sources.

I feel you Dana. In fact if you read my posts you will find that I feel very much the way you do. I LOVE this Thor. and it will be a center piece in my collection. I never intended this topic to be a "big deal".
I'm no Jesse LOL,..just kidding jesse :laugh:
but I'm not saying this is a deal breaker by ANY means. I point it out as a "by the way", or "for the record".
Now don't get me wrong the other way either. I do think that scale IS important and that RB and BD should make every effort to be in scale.
But for this piece it doesn't bother me that much. and as you point out the scale is not that off. it will be like colossus next to cyclops which looks fine.

the thing is that I wouldn't want your love for this piece to blind you to the facts of this piece (I'm glad you didn't pick a) B) d) or e) in my multiple choices). because that is a dangerous thing to do (both in the real world and in our comic book interest).it's that attitude that results in our beloved characters being changed and butchered to the point where we don't even recognize them.

I personaly hate the "I like it therefore it is correct" or the " that's the way I envision it, therefore it is accurate, and to hell with how the character was actually depicted". :banghead:

that's how we end up with the Hollywood versions.

sayre
09-03-2006, 10:19 AM
Actually you're right. This pic shows the perfect size difference bet/ Cap and Thor. It's the other pic where they are both facing front that the size difference is too big. The angle of this pic gives the illusion that Thor is smaller. in the other pic Cap's eyes come up to Thor's chest, and that's just too much of a difference IMO.

Agreed. This picture is deceptive. The first picture in the sequence on the BD website shows that the Thor statue is oversized. That's annoying but its a good looking statue.

TV8
09-04-2006, 07:19 AM
Both look perfect to me. As long as the factory doesn't screw it up, I'm buying.

Gianco
09-08-2006, 06:55 PM
When are these going to be available for pre-order? Put them up already!:buttrock:

buchieboy
09-08-2006, 10:35 PM
yup!
the sooner this gets available, the better =)