PDA

View Full Version : What older Bowen FS would you like to see re-done?

HoldyourfireAl
09-04-2006, 08:36 PM
I know that Randy is redoing some already terrific FSs, such as Cap, Daredevil, and Iron Man, but what old ones did you not like enough originally to buy and wish Bowen would release a different take on the characters?

What comes to my mind is the Fantastic Four. I own the Thing, but didn't like the rest enough to buy. I'd like to see new FS versions. I heard awhile ago that Randy was doing a new Thing, so we'll see!

HalJordanFan
09-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Firelord and Eternity!!!! Are they old enough for ya!!!!!!

The Fog
09-04-2006, 10:59 PM
That's a tough question, my answer was THOR but that's being redone, and if there's a FS DD being done that's great also, just don't use the "candy apple" red paint on this DD.
FF would be awesome, I really didn't care for the first run.

Jesse321
09-04-2006, 11:05 PM
IMo .. the only ones that should have been redone would be Hulk and Iron Man .. Randy's already redone Hulk .. and Iron Man should be done in new armor.

The FF statues had a very Kirbyesque feel to them, and being a Kirby fan, I doubt that I would trade them for new versions.

ironrope
09-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Captain America.

MONSTER
09-04-2006, 11:07 PM
Interesting question. Now that Thor is being remade I guess I would have to say the Fantastic Four. Other than that I want new statues!

Mephisto
Deathlok
Jack of Hearts
Firelord
Terrax
Airwalker
Nova-Frankie Raye

The Fog
09-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Hey Jesse, did you like the GLOSSY paint on the first DD FS?
Which IM should be redone, the original is pretty classic (not crazy about the base color's) and there are so many different IM armor suit's, where to begin?
I'd like to see them all.

Jesse321
09-04-2006, 11:13 PM
Hey Jesse, did you like the GLOSSY paint on the first DD FS?
Which IM should be redone, the original is pretty classic (not crazy about the base color's) and there are so many different IM armor suit's, where to begin?
I'd like to see them all.Personally, I have more of a problem with the skin tone on DD's face more than the glossiness of the costume ... flesh tones tended to be really monochormatic back then.

In so far as Iron Man, I'd like to see the Silver Centuian or the current armor done .. the other really popular ones have already been done.

WolverineX77
09-04-2006, 11:34 PM
Wolverine. I passed on the mountain top FS of the character when it came out a few years ago. It just didn't appeal that much to me. BUT, since it's rumored (hopefully it's TRUE and not the latter) that one's already in the planning stages, I'm with Jesse on a Silver Centurion or Modern Armor Iron Man.

Kirk Durfey
09-05-2006, 03:08 AM
I'd say Juggernaut...

toyzplz
09-05-2006, 03:22 AM
Iron Man. I didn't like the older versions too much. Would love a Silver Centurian or a more modern version.

Anyone who doesn't like the old DD... I'll take it off your hands!

buchieboy
09-05-2006, 05:35 AM
DD (cz the old one's pretty expensive now)
Cap
Iron Man

Juggernaut
09-05-2006, 05:38 AM
I would like these redone.

Cyclops. With another pose that is more dynamic.

Jen Grey with another pose as well.

The entire FF team.

The other fs's I would like re-done has been confirmed.

buchieboy
09-05-2006, 06:09 AM
oh, yeah!
the whole FF team :)
old one is great but too expensive already..

yorick
09-05-2006, 08:47 AM
I'd have to say Storm. Mostly because Wolverine is already in the pipeline to be redone. It's a well done sculpt, but the base and pose just really bug me--I would love it for something more in line with the other "X-base" style FS to be done.

Other than that, bring on the new ones.

massf
09-05-2006, 09:07 AM
None!!!!!

there are way too many characters that could be done without redoing already released statues

nolilia
09-05-2006, 09:40 AM
Cap
Iron Man

These 3 will be redone.

nolilia
09-05-2006, 09:43 AM
just don't use the "candy apple" red paint on this DD.

This is the reason why I like DD in the first place.

Achiever
09-05-2006, 10:29 AM
Black Costume Spidey. That was my favorite costume of all time for Spidey and it'd be cool to get a new pose with that costume. Maybe the cover of Web Of #1?

RichBamf
09-05-2006, 11:06 AM
I have a big issue with the FF statues. They look great as a set but I think three of the four are poor individually. Human Torch is great, and the only one of the four I'd buy.

Invisible Woman looks like a damsel in distress. She is the most powerful member, but looks like she is terrified. The pose isn't greatly dynamic, though I do like the phasing aspect.

Thing looks ok, but the facial expression isn't as great as some of the more recent ones, and to me the pose looks more like a stumbling Thing, rather than one in full stride.

Mr Fantastic always poses a problem, he always looks incredibly dull in whatever pose he's in, and I personally think he's the weakest of the four statues, but through no fault of Bowen's-just because he isn't a dynamic character.

Not to mention an issue I have with the flesh paint and smaller detailed paint of the earlier statues in the first phase.

WolverineX77
09-05-2006, 12:26 PM
I'd say Juggernaut...
Wow. Really? Wow. Reason being?

Collection King 13
09-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Spidey... :D

Jack8022
09-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Invisible Woman looks like a damsel in distress. She is the most powerful member, but looks like she is terrified. The pose isn't greatly dynamic, though I do like the phasing aspect.
Mr Fantastic always poses a problem, he always looks incredibly dull in whatever pose he's in, and I personally think he's the weakest of the four statues, but through no fault of Bowen's-just because he isn't a dynamic character..

I agree about the Invisible Woman. Compared to the other women (even the Black Widow in Phase-1), she's really a bit of a "Plain Jane" with a scared look on her face.

I like the Mr. Fantastic FS but you're right. He's a tough character to capture as the stretching-movement is hard to capture.

I'm hoping that the next set of FF FS's are done in the Byrne style with the black/navy & White costumes.

Dante
09-05-2006, 01:14 PM
Wolverine...definately the weakest link in the older Bowen line.

devlinboy
09-05-2006, 01:23 PM
i would like to see a new version of iron man, like HULKBUSTER . i dont really like the juggy fs although i know alot of people do. i would buy it though if the $ was right.

moon_knight1971
09-05-2006, 01:36 PM
FF, SPIDEY, BLACK WIDOW & all the X-MEN except for COLOSSUS! :)

supermn619
09-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Captain America The Thing and Colosses Cyclops wolverine sabertooth

touche22
09-05-2006, 03:39 PM
Wolverine...definately the weakest link in the older Bowen line.

I agree! Wolverine FS is very disappointing. I've been a Wolverine an since 1977 and this statue disappointed big time. Maybe a museum pose instead of an action pose. That being said, give me more new ones before a re-visit!

HulkSmash99
09-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Would love to see Elektra in an action pose and Storm on X-base!! :buttrock:

lord odin
09-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Spiderman

Mastermold
09-05-2006, 04:28 PM
Captain America.

Captain America needs a new action pose, and a more detailed sculpt like the new Thor.

Mastermold
09-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Spiderman

I'm still really happy with my BD/Cleary Spidey. :buttrock:

Mastermold
09-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Cap
Iron Man

The old DD is great but a new action pose FS would make my day!

I'd love to see a new Iron Man too, classic armor however like before but with a cool action pose.

Rome
09-05-2006, 04:32 PM
I'd have to say FF not including the Thing. The THING FS is PERFECT IMO.
however, Mr. F is terrible, as a stand alone.
Torch is also not very well done,..I'd love a museum/standing Torch
and off course Invisible woman (I was so upset when I saw these for the first time).
After that, I'd say Wolverine. The mountain one just isn't wuite there.
I'm seem to be the only one to want another Storm. but I'm not too happy with the first.Now that Randy has done another Hulk I don't have to worry about Hulk anymore.
But PLEASE another Mr. Fantastic ( I have just the pose)

Mastermold
09-05-2006, 04:35 PM
I'd have to say FF not including the Thing. The THING FS is PERFECT IMO.
however, Mr. F is terrible, as a stand alone.
Torch is also not very well done,..I'd love a museum/standing Torch
and off course Invisible woman (I was so upset when I saw these for the first time).
After that, I'd say Wolverine. The mountain one just isn't wuite there.
I'm seem to be the only one to want another Storm. but I'm not too happy with the first.Now that Randy has done another Hulk I don't have to worry about Hulk anymore.
But PLEASE another Mr. Fantastic ( I have just the pose)

I'd actually really like to see all new museum sculpts of the entire FF, classic standing poses like the new Iron Fist of Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben (with cigar!) would just rock! :buttrock:

And as much as I love Randy's new "smack down" Hulk, at some point a museum pose Hulk has to happen! :buttrock:

nbr3bagshotrow
09-05-2006, 04:37 PM
IMo .. the only ones that should have been redone would be Hulk and Iron Man .. Randy's already redone Hulk .. and Iron Man should be done in new armor.

The FF statues had a very Kirbyesque feel to them, and being a Kirby fan, I doubt that I would trade them for new versions.
Yep, and since that announcement the Shiflett Hulk statues have steadily declined in value on the secondary market. Early this year, the Shiflett Hulks were selling between $250 and $350 but now $200 is more the norm. I look for the Cap Modern statue to start dropping in price once announced and I'm already seeing a downward trend in the non-change-o-head Thor statue. Thus is the trend I see as pieces are redone. I think the same trend will happen to the original DD and IM busts when the new ones are released.

Mastermold
09-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Yep, and since that announcement the Shiflett Hulk statues have steadily declined in value on the secondary market. Early this year, the Shiflett Hulks were selling between $250 and $350 but now $200 is more the norm. I look for the Cap Modern statue to start dropping in price once announced and I'm already seeing a downward trend in the non-change-o-head Thor statue. Thus is the trend I see as pieces are redone. I think the same trend will happen to the original DD and IM busts when the new ones are released.

Well that's good news for those who missed these earlier sculpts since it sounds like the ebay price is creeping back down to original retail.

yorick
09-05-2006, 06:15 PM
I look for the Cap Modern statue to start dropping in price once announced and I'm already seeing a downward trend in the non-change-o-head Thor statue. Thus is the trend I see as pieces are redone. I think the same trend will happen to the original DD and IM busts when the new ones are released.

you think, even though the poses will be fairly different? I think there will always be those core "hardcore" collectors that will want the original--Plus there's just something about the "stateliness" and dignity of the Cap and Iron Man statues that will definitely be lost in the action poses.

But, really who knows...?

Ink
09-05-2006, 06:17 PM

they're still cool though

TV8
09-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Storm - Byrne era - standing Museum pose on an X-base, by Randy. :buttrock: