PDA

View Full Version : Just Wondering...

BeerNutta
09-05-2006, 01:17 AM
I notice that a few members seem to always be critical of up comming statues and busts.

Even with all the complaining, do they then still buy the statue or bust?

I have noticed that some members even go so far as saying " Yeah I noticed that flaw as well. Thats why mine is still in the box."

But you bought it. Isn't that just plain stupid?

BobbyW
09-05-2006, 01:33 AM
You'll see that a lot! Lots of complaining, but they mostly still buy...especially the ones that complain the most.

armitage
09-05-2006, 01:52 AM
You'll see that a lot! Lots of complaining, but they mostly still buy...especially the ones that complain the most.

a little presumptuous is'nt that? :laugh:

BobbyW
09-05-2006, 01:54 AM
a little presumptious is'nt that? :laugh:
Calling it like I hear it, and I hear it a lot... :laugh:

armitage
09-05-2006, 02:03 AM
Calling it like I hear it... :laugh:

You know what they say about judging a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes? ;)
In this case I can say, that if I am not pleased with a product, I will most likely not buy it. For instance, I was waiting for the Skrull bust to come out forever.
Then when I saw it I was 90% happy. But as dire as it was for me to add Super skrull to my collection...I could'nt move past the base and the Flaming ball on his hand. To this day I still look at it and think should I just go for it and be 90% happy having it in my collection?
Someday I might break down and say WTF? Might as well get it!
But so far I don't have him to this date as much as I b!tched about him.

BobbyW
09-05-2006, 02:20 AM
You know what they say about judging a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes? ;)
In this case I can say, that if I am not pleased with a product, I will most likely not buy it. For instance, I was waiting for the Skrull bust to come out forever.
Then when I saw it I was 90% happy. But as dire as it was for me to add Super skrull to my collection...I could'nt move past the base and the Flaming ball on his hand. To this day I still look at it and think should I just go for it and be 90% happy having it in my collection?
I hear you completely and there are exceptions to every rule, that's why I put mostly and not all. :)

BeerNutta
09-05-2006, 02:41 AM
My favourite is when some posters say that they hate it. Then say that they will buy it when it is cheaper on ebay. Thats nuts. Spiderwoman statue is a good example of this.

riderV3
09-05-2006, 03:44 AM
I bought the Skrull mb two days ago($35 :eplus2: ) and very happy with it, the flaming hand doesn't bother me a tiny bit, it looks awesome to me.
I'm still gathering cosmic characters so I can make a beautiful display out of them.

Tattoo-X
09-05-2006, 03:55 AM
My favourite is when some posters say that they hate it. Then say that they will buy it when it is cheaper on ebay. Thats nuts. Spiderwoman statue is a good example of this.
For me, it's more than just the heels, it's the reasons behind this piece to why it's so expensive. But most of the sculpt I like, and I've wanted the character for some time. So, yes, if I can get it dirt cheap off of ebay, I'll get it.

Tattoo-X
09-05-2006, 03:57 AM
I still consider myself a MBDMBC, but I sure hate the base on Super Skrull. If I ever decide to thin my MBDMBC down, it's one of the first on the chopping block.

risingstar
09-05-2006, 07:50 AM
Some people just buy out of habit...

However, I have to step in and defend some of the people who make constructive remarks regarding upcoming pieces. I mean, you have to admit, there are times when what they say is spot-on-correct. Sure, some people whine incessantly but others are clear and articulate with their thoughts.

JMO

Jesse321
09-05-2006, 07:56 AM
You'll see that a lot! Lots of complaining, but they mostly still buy...especially the ones that complain the most.Unlike some others, I won't presume to speak anyone else.

While that may have been the case a while ago, I can assure you, that's no longer the case with me. If there is bust or statue that I have a problem with, I will either have it corrected (as was the case with the Frankie Raye Nova) or I will pass on it all together like in the case of Spider-Woman. If I want the character bad enough, I will just commission my own.

Jesse321
09-05-2006, 08:08 AM
My favourite is when some posters say that they hate it. Then say that they will buy it when it is cheaper on ebay. Thats nuts. Spiderwoman statue is a good example of this.This is what I don't understand .. if someone hates a sculpt .. what difference does the price make? If you hate it at 150 or 175, isn't it still the same sculpt that you hated even if it's at 75 or 100? :confused:

That just makes no sense to me.