PDA

View Full Version : Pride Open Weight GP (spoiler)

Leon
09-10-2006, 12:08 PM
I can't believe Sam hasn't said anything about this already.
His man CroCop has won the GP! Knocked Wanderlei out cold with a beautifull kick to the head and also dominated the second match against Barnett. Both in the 1st round.
Anyone else seen it?

bat_collector
09-10-2006, 12:16 PM
I can't believe Sam hasn't said anything about this already.
His man CroCop has won the GP! Knocked Wanderlei out cold with a beautifull kick to the head and also dominated the second match against Barnett. Both in the 1st round.
Anyone else seen it?

cro cop is the man!:buttrock:

misanthrope
09-10-2006, 12:51 PM
man, ive gotta get out of the sticks. i didnt even know the fight was still on. guess ill search for a replay.

Ish
09-10-2006, 12:57 PM
wow thats big! cro cop is the man! :)

Sam Wilson
09-11-2006, 06:56 AM
sorry leon, they didn't broadcast the fight until last night on US ppv.

Didn't mean to make another thread, I'll delete mine. But GODDAMN that was a amazing knockout...

bane
09-11-2006, 07:13 AM
Cro Cop is IMO one of the best fighters of the world today , his speed mixed with power and dynamics are awesome to see .. from the sidelines ofcourse ,I saw a documentary about him , wouldn't want to be his sparring partner !!! he beats the hell out of those guys .

I have to check up on Pride , been so bussy lately I haven't had a chance to watch any of the fights .

Gianco
09-11-2006, 08:11 AM
It´s up on youtube (don´t know for how long)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lTOZGw8T0ls"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lTOZGw8T0ls" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Cro Cop is a beast!!! :buttrock:

The General
09-11-2006, 09:43 AM
I thought this fight was off??? I need to see this. I need a copy of this right now!!! So is the Silva Vs. Lidell still on???

The General
09-11-2006, 12:53 PM
When was the last time Silva lost?

misanthrope
09-11-2006, 07:07 PM
thanks gianco!! cro cop has a cold look on his face thru the whole fight. what he lacks in training, he makes up for in sheer ferocity. vicious!

kirthew
09-11-2006, 07:20 PM
thanks gianco!! cro cop has a cold look on his face thru the whole fight. what he lacks in training, he makes up for in sheer ferocity. vicious!

WOW... they should have stopped that fight in like the first 3 minutes.. the other guy was just beaten and bloody and bruised... looked like he could not open his eyes from the swelling... he just took a beating... From the look of that final kick... it didn't seem that vicious... but maybe with all the beating he took...it was more vicious that it seemed... Cro Cop looks to be a demon... any chance he is heading to UFC?

MONSTER
09-11-2006, 07:23 PM
Man I really enjoyed this PPV. Crocop is a stud.

misanthrope
09-11-2006, 07:33 PM
i hope he comes over just so he can fight lidell. chucks punches are very accurate and he could at least test cro cops chin. if the news of prides demise is true he may have no choice but to come to the ufc. cro cop is not burdened by american glamour and his determination is like an animal fighting starvation. the whole rocky vs that russian dude scenario.

Sam Wilson
09-11-2006, 09:21 PM
Cro Cop is IMO one of the best fighters of the world today , his speed mixed with power and dynamics are awesome to see .. from the sidelines ofcourse ,I saw a documentary about him , wouldn't want to be his sparring partner !!! he beats the hell out of those guys .

I have to check up on Pride , been so bussy lately I haven't had a chance to watch any of the fights .

bane, looking forward to your thoughts. That left staight counterpunch by Mirko rocked Silva's world. I've never seen silva so thouroughly dismantled. Cro Cop was on a misson from god or something in this tournament.

MONSTER
09-11-2006, 09:26 PM
I would love to see guys from Pride and UFC mix it up. I don't care if UFC fighters go to pride or vice versa. I just want it to happen.

Hey is it true that pride does not test its fighters for steroids???

The General
09-12-2006, 06:49 PM
Hey Sam you never answered me dog. When was the last time Silva lost?

Man Cro Cop dominated this thing from the jump. Wow that was awesome.

bane
09-15-2006, 05:49 AM
Mirco at his best !! he pulls off some great moves in those first minutes , avoiding blows from Silva while keeping the right amount of space to counter with some hard and lethal punches . Doesn't use a lot of kicks to avoid the grappling work from Silva wich is a smart thing . It's a great fight and with guys like Silva you don't have to stop the fight in the first minutes , an expierienced athlete like that can regain his strenght while breathing carefully underneath his opponent as you see him locking Mirco tight around the waiste area . But still Mirco was so confident , great to see him like that . I like Silva's aggressive style but I'm glad Mirco won .

And here's a working link for Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ltulN-8y5A

And a downloadable version in Rapidshare form :

http://rapidshare.de/files/33091862/3_-_Pride_GP_OW_2006_-_Mirko_Crocop_vs_Wanderlei_Silva.wmv.html

Sam Wilson
09-15-2006, 06:53 AM
Hey Sam you never answered me dog. When was the last time Silva lost?

Man Cro Cop dominated this thing from the jump. Wow that was awesome.

Sorry brother. Silva lost to Ricardo Arona last year one of his 2 losses in Pride (the other to the much larger mark hunt), but more importantly the last time he was knocked out was by Vitor Belfort back in 2000 I think. He's never lost so completely to anyone as he has to cro cop. Cro cop destroyed him...

Leon
09-15-2006, 08:33 AM
WOW... they should have stopped that fight in like the first 3 minutes.. the other guy was just beaten and bloody and bruised... looked like he could not open his eyes from the swelling... he just took a beating... From the look of that final kick... it didn't seem that vicious... but maybe with all the beating he took...it was more vicious that it seemed... Cro Cop looks to be a demon... any chance he is heading to UFC?
I've heard some rumors on another forum that he's thinking of returning to K-1, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Leon
09-15-2006, 08:35 AM
Sorry brother. Silva lost to Ricardo Arona last year one of his 2 losses in Pride (the other to the much larger mark hunt), but more importantly the last time he was knocked out was by Vitor Belfort back in 2000 I think. He's never lost so completely to anyone as he has to cro cop. Cro cop destroyed him...

Hehe, I almost felt sorry for Wanderlei, that was too brutal.

The General
09-15-2006, 09:23 AM

No problem big brother. I want to see Cro Cop and Silva in UFC. Is that Mark Hunt guy a good fighter or he won because he' a big bastich? Man Cro Cop's hands are just as lethal as his feet. That bastich got some punch. I remember when he stopped Sapp with one shot, first shot of the fight and it was over. Cro Cop is a fighting machine.

Leon
09-15-2006, 04:06 PM
No problem big brother. I want to see Cro Cop and Silva in UFC. Is that Mark Hunt guy a good fighter or he won because he' a big bastich? Man Cro Cop's hands are just as lethal as his feet. That bastich got some punch. I remember when he stopped Sapp with one shot, first shot of the fight and it was over. Cro Cop is a fighting machine.
I can hear Sam say: "he's much like the Thing, big and strong and he's not going down very easy!" That dude can take punches like the best, a walking tank.